So is Steven a mexican or what? Also, why is everyone in this show so fat? It's grotesque...

So is Steven a mexican or what? Also, why is everyone in this show so fat? It's grotesque. Especially that fat ugly purple thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

johnkstuff.blogspot.com.br/2006/02/calling-all-cool-girls.html?showComment=1140218580000#c114021862732403683
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's Italian and it's set in America.

>So is Steven a mexican or what?
When someone asked Rebecca if Steven is mixed race she dodged the question by saying "Yes, he's half-gem", so Steven's ethnicity was pretty low in her priorities when she designed him.

>It's grotesque
Sugar is a John K fan so that's a given.

Looks like a fat mexican.

Well that's too bad. I can't watch a show knowing one of the main characters MIGHT be a mexican. That's just fucked up.

And this show's core message is basically that it's okay to be fat? What the fuck?

HE'S A FUCKING KIKE
GODDAMMIT YOU RETARDS. IT'S A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT HE'S MODELED AFTER SUGAR'S BROTHER HOW MANY TIMES DO WE NEED THIS THREAD?

>fat
I think you mean THICCC

>why is everyone in this show so fat?

This is actually one of the main reasons I cant get into this show. Its not the just fact that it obviously has a "fat acceptance" quality, but its just not very plausible to have fat characters doing athletic endeavors/running and sprinting/physical demanding adventures/etc. Sorry, but I just don't live in that fantasy where fat people are athletically gifted, and steven himself looks VERY clinically obese.

But also, there is thinly veiled obviousness that steven has to be fat, after all, the show promotes such literal gayness, that if steven were drawn as a skinny, cute boy, the faggotry would be painfully obvious and the show would be pulled from the network. Fat = more masculine basically, and that's how it balances out the borderline gay tendencies this character displays to put the faggotry at a safe level for viewers.

This. Demayo sounds Italian at a glance but is actually a Sephardic last name, coming from the Ladino language, which can be thought of as the Romance equivalent to Yiddish.

Also a lot of characters on the show are lanky as hell.

>Lanky as hell.

Do they have style and grace?

>QUACK

Squidward looks like that???

You're the perfect SU fan.

Theres like 4 fat characters

>And this show's core message is basically that it's okay to be fat? What the fuck?

Where could you have possibly gotten that idea from?

>Well that's too bad. I can't watch a show knowing one of the main characters MIGHT be a mexican. That's just fucked up.
Now, that's a stupid reason to not watch a show. Anyway, yes, he is half-Gem. The other half being Greg whose real name is DeMayo. Make of that what you want.

I want Sup Forums to leave this planet

Is that common among SU fans? Dropping a show because he MAY be mexican?

>but its just not very plausible to have fat characters doing athletic endeavors/running and
Dude, they are alien with super power. also they are not all fat character, many bodyshape and Pearl can igive a run for her money to Olive Oil.

Don't really knoiw about it. All my interactions with SU fandom are made here on Sup Forums and the main trend here is to basically sexualise everything, so I can't really tell.

haha what?
they're made of light or some shit, they're not even "fat" in the way that humans are. It doesn't slow them down, it's just their preferable look for reason.

Damn straight

He's not jewish. That was always just a myth. If you actually watched the show you'd know that there is enough reason to believe he is definitely some mexican. The only reason Sugar hasn't come out and outright said this is because the show would lose ratings.

Making Steven a mexican is one of Sugar's biggest mistakes and she regrets it. She didn't know how popular Steven Universe would get and making him a fat mexican was originally a joke.

Because it is set in America

Steven doesn't look that fat nowadays though? Ignore the green gremlin

>Making Steven a mexican is one of Sugar's biggest mistakes and she regrets it
Is it common for Americlaps to hate Mexicans so much?

oh jesus christ kid get out of here for like, an hour at least and go mingle with the gen pop

people out there actually do like this show and they can tell you plenty as to why

tumblr kids also sexualise the fuck out of it depending, rule 34 is universal

It's a one man show in this thread. Don't know why the OP hates mexicans so much.

>people still try to argue that fusion isn't sexual

Sort of. But this show would definitely lose viewership and appeal if everyone knew he was a mexican.

No it wouldn't.

Garnet's fusion dances are always lewd as fuck because Pearl and Amy want to tap her thicc ass

That's an anime trope actually.

Then do it then, Sugar. Tell everyone the truth.

How does it feel to be terrified of mexicans user?

Well it is set in America and 70% of the country is full of fat people. I should know I see them at work all the time.

The average American doesn't like spics or anyone who isn't ethnically white western European. They can be cool as sidekicks helping the white male or a funny minority guy but never as MC. Nevertheless, SU is for tumblrinas, not for the average American and Steven isn't Mexican. Itherwise he'd have a stereotypical latino last name like Gonzalez or Gutierrez and Greg would throw random spanish words every minute

>people out there actually do like this show
So do I, and so do many 4channers on Sup Forums.

I was just thinking about this the other day. A good way for them to finally reveal this would to have episode where Steven has his quinceaƱera. Except call it a gemceaƱera.

I think people will get it and if the episode is good enough people won't be too disgusted and drop the show.

Fusion represents relationships all kinds of it, sexual or not.

>Sugar is a John K fan so that's a given.
That's new for me, sauce?

Steven's Italian since he slips into the accent sometimes.

johnkstuff.blogspot.com.br/2006/02/calling-all-cool-girls.html?showComment=1140218580000#c114021862732403683

Then why is Smoky Quartz......Smoky Quartz?

>Steven isn't Mexican
>Steven's Italian

This is just blatantly false. He was originally mexican but as the show got popular Sugar started to play it down.

IT represent friendship and connection between people suffering from similar issues.

Who fucking cares? You sound like a Sup Forums false flagger seeing how Sup Forums doesn't even like this show.

how would a cratoon done in collaboration of John K, Genndy and Sugar look like?

Steven has the accent and is picky with the shape of pizza. He's Italian.

A lesbian with pointy hair and exaggerated features

So basically Pearl

Steven wears sombreros on many occasions and canon mexican. I know this is hard to accept and very weird. I didn't like it at first either. I wouldn't post this anywhere else because I don't want the show to get canceled.

>IT
I see what you did there....
Is it bad to post that one pic of Slaanesh as an example of "it's" ?

Steven is italian and a gangster. He wears a fedora and does sniper work.

>Steven wears sombreros on many occasions and canon mexican
lmao what even is this thread

Steven, Amethyst, Greg, Sadie, Rose Quartz, Ronaldo, Barbara. Probably more if you count background characters.

Some raging autist that is obsessed with mexicans apparently.

>Rose Quartz
>Fat
You don't watch the show do you

I just want the show to be good. This has been discussed on all the SU fansites and no one knew a solution for Sugar. What is she going to do now? Everyone is worried. I personally don't care (now) but this could crash the entire fandom if this were widely known.

>The only reason Sugar hasn't come out and outright said this is because the show would lose ratings.
How much does Marco affect Star Vs' ratings?

Marco is a competent character done right. If anything he's helped the series.

You have to admit the pilot episode is pretty confusing.

Pug Davis.

SU art style actually takes more after Ian than Sugar. Her own stuff is more John K. inclined.

That's Italian for ya,

and Hawaiians

Star's ratings are on the toilet and there isn't merchandise related to the show but I think it's mainly for being too aimed to geeks than anything, even the Disney XD excuse

And how Marco being a spic affect it? That was the point.

This is a weird one, Disney of all companies is actually not merching the fuck out of one of their properties.

...that's not at all what Uncle Walt would have wanted.

Well you can't sell toys of a mexican, that's for sure. Maybe people don't know he's mexican? Could be like Steven where no one knows and it's a secret until the writers figure out a way to properly tell the audience.

Marco is half-mexican, or going by the one-drop rule, white. He can be merched

Not really, that was the point. The show's problem is being too focused on the geek audience. To be fair, provably the show would be more popular if Marco was a typical rich white douchebag with a sad past, girls are like meth heads for that.

So, all those fatties like over half of the Amerifat population?

Just like every American then?

The average weight in that hellhole is 260lbs

Because of shows like SU on the air this will only get worst.

Don't forget hald of the Star Vs characters are fat too, and all Fox sunday night shows,

dubs confirm

He's Italian and it's set in America.

I know it's controversial and hard to accept but he is definitely mexican.

>The other half being Greg whose real name is DeMayo. Make of that what you want.
That he's filled with Mayonnaise?

Its not just in the scope of reality to have fat people (and when I say fat, I mean obese) do active things. Also, there are a ton of them in SU
Granted, its a dream Americans have for body acceptance because obesity has skyrocketed since the 60s (when corn became a staple in every food imaginable), but c'mon, even the new plus size barbies Mattel put out were a commercial failure. I just dont like being hamfisted with fat acceptance with literal ham people. Thats why if I want my gay cartoons, Ill stick with Svtfoe.

Garnet is thicc, yeah... Steven and Amethyst are just fat, though.

Well he IS the son of an illegal alien.

I think they should all accept it by now that people tolerate fatness, nobody desires it.

Dey tuk are jerbs!

Damn, we must be getting some dimensional leakage from the plane where Mexicans are willful cannibals.

user... you're a Mexican.

Why Mexicans would want Steven? He's a fag. Mexicans hate fags.

Ok, user. I get it, you're doing a bit. But honestly, this image exists. There isn't even a basis for the joke.

This is true. They also hate blacks a lot for some reason.

His family is pretty much anti-Mexican.

>Hi there, user. Would you like an autogra-
>WHY DID YOU MAKE STEVEN A MEXICAN!?
>I'm sorry what
>THE JIG IS UP YOU ARE EXPOSED WE ALL KNOW
>user, I'm sorry but I created Steven as a mexican originally as a joke. To my surprise, the show got popular and I dropped it and let people think he was jewish or italian. Please keep this a secret
>WELL OKAY BUT YOU BETTER MAKE AN EPISODE EXPLAINING STEVEN IS A MEXICAN VERY SOON SO PEOPLE KNOW THEY ARE IN FOR
>Okay, I will. I have learned my lesson.

This is how it would go.

That's why the latino vote for the Republicans has been steadily increasing. Both are realizing they have a lot in common

Trans American

go home Moonman, you are drunk

>>Hi there, user. Would you like an autogra-
>>WHY DID YOU MAKE STEVEN A MEXICAN!?
>>I'm sorry what
>>THE JIG IS UP YOU ARE EXPOSED WE ALL KNOW
>user, if you squeal then I will personally collapse your lungs with a strap-on.
>normally I'd have security do it but I like to personally execute mexi-blowers.
>We'll be watching you user.

What the fuck even is this thread

A good one

Why the fuck does it matter

DeMayo is a name most commonly found among Spanish sephardic Jews.

Source?

Are you just a racist asshole or are you on drugs?

I watched the first episode and it was retarded, should I continue?

Please don't describe his behaviour as 'autistic'. We tend to be socially inept and poor at interpreting emotional indications - we're not just assholes.

>Has girlfriend
>He has already fused with her, which is basically gem sex
>Every female he meets likes him
>Some females outright obsess over him
>His father famously turned an alien lesbian so straight she literally died to prove she was a hetero woman
"Fag"

Some loonie looking for attention.