The Last Jedi

Let's not ignore that Disney used TLJ to not only push their diversity quota, but to also sell toys and merchandise.
>Pic Related
>LOOK GOYIM YOU CAN NOW PURCHASE THE ((WHIP GUY FROM DA MOVIE!))
>MORE FIGURES COMING SOON!
They only gave the other guards different weapons to sell more toys to easily influenced Children. There is no way to get out of this. Before we know it children will fall hook line and sinker into the deep dark hole of Disney merchandise.

>modern star wars fans are willing to buy a red toilet float

Yep, and they'll sell millions of these and more for Christmas and beyond. Dark times are coming friend

>merch was not a factor since A New Hope

Star Wars has been merchandise-bait for autistic plebs and children since RotJ. The whole reason there's a sizable amount of smelly retards who view the Star Wars property as something other than 2.5 good films is because their parents got jewed into buying all the toys, junk novels, and cash-grab games for their budding manchild.

Wookieepedia is just a consolidation of all the meaningless fluff text from decades merchandise because Star Wars fans revere their toys as being part of an "extended universe".

WHERE ARE THE PORGS

What are the Ewoks?

>to also sell toys and merchandise
I'm aghast! Lucas never did such a thing!

>Believing Disney's Jewery is somehow not worse than Lucas's Jewery

Whats the point of this thread? Everyone here already knows this shit and no one here has any control over what fake nerds and children buy

ANH was basically the movie that started tie-in toylines for movies and in where Jewrge made all his dosh.

Think of it from the perspective of a unironic millennial Star Wars fan

Everything from before George sold the series was good because the imagery reminds you of a video game that helped you escape childhood.

Everything afterwards is shit because it doesn't remind you of the time mommy paid for everything so you recognize it as a cynical cash-grab.

Lucas did the first movie for a cut of Merch. There was amerch since the FIRST movie.

Well now the amount of Merch is going to quadruple under Disney and soy wars fags are going to eat it up like they always do

you are just now learning that star wars movies are used to see toys?

>But to also sell toys and merchandise
Just like every other fucking Star Wars movie?

pretty much this, the pandering to the previous audience is just going to get worse now

Finn and Rose merch will pegwarm this time around. Probably Snoke as well.

>but to also sell toys and merchandise
Congratulation on discovering the hidden """""""""""""secret"""""""""" that hollywood has been using for decades including the original trilogy.

Who cares? Only kids buy figurines. Some socially awkward nerdy adults do as well but not many.

You bitches can stop proving how underage you are. Lucas literally created a teddy bear army so he could sell toys.

Let's not forget that Admiral Motti whose only accomplishment on the big screen is being choked by Vader have his own action figure.

>who cares?
For most movies aimed at kids merch is much more important than actual ticket sales. Cars, Minions, Angry Birds, etc.. they make a killing in merch.

Have you ever known someone with a fucking collection? It's a fucking bobble head, you buy one for your car and maybe your desk at work if you have abssolutly not fucking dignity but I've seen assholes with literally shelves. Why the fuck would you need that many fucking bobleheads?

>implying most of the spergs booty-blasted over a media franchise care about the OT

These are delusional prequel autists, no doubt. They're the only morons who didn't realize how commercialized Star Wars was before George sold it.

Motherfucker their only goal is to make money, which is much more different than Lucas, who actually made a good and compelling story to go along with the money-making movie.

They served more of a purpose than porgs.

Starting with Empire it's been all about money. The introduction of more creatures, characters, vehicles, etc.. all were made with the sole purpose of selling toys and merch. Even characters like Lando were unironically created just to pander to blacks. Yes they're better movies but don't think it has never been about the money.

More like Lucas wrote the most retarded storyline in all of Star Wars to accommodate them. If the last hour of TLJ had been about a porg army defeating the First Order, would it have been a better movie?

you don't see Ewok tattoo

It's not a bobble head. They call it designer toys, ugly shit that is being mass produced to oblivion until the market implodes. The one on OP is a funko pop.

mark my words the Porg will be the new identification for Soyboys

Ewoks are so weird. They seem to be hitting the "kitsch" zone too.
They are teddybears, but also very much part of George's cinematic kink.
Lucas even had little people in THX attacking the main character as sort of feral tunnel-dwellers.

I think we may see a boost of OT/Classic SW merch featuring Ewoks coming in the years ahead.
Be fucking hilarious if they started outselling Sequel Trilogy merch.

>It's not a bobble head
it is

>Oh shit an obstacle has gotten in the way of the plot!
>The only way to get around it is to get help from the merchandise

If by serve a purpose you mean make the second act a complete slog and ruin the throne room duel with frequent cutaways to boring scenes, then yes, they served a purpose.

Google isn't that difficult to use you know.

fake news

Star Wars was literally always about the toys first and foremost.

Some toys are cool though.

Star Wars literally is the instigator of the glorified toy commercial genre. Take off your nostalgia glasses and recognize that this evil franchise killed the auteur culture of the 70's, empowered the major studios and paved the way for today's market dominated by artless formula blockbusters.

>but to also sell toys and merchandise.

Damn, Lucas would have never done this.

The original script was them going to Kashyyk and teaming up with Wookies, George changed it to have a new merchandisable race.

>Funko Pop
>cheap plastic
>low detailed design
>ARR ROOK ARIKE
>unarticulated

They 10-30 dollars.

I think that merch blow out was more to do with Star Wars itself receiving a brand boost than TFA.

The sales went Classic Characters>TFA Bad Guys>BB8>TFA "Heroes" with the last category being
unsold to the point SJWs started making trouble about it. So retailers started taking them off shelves
to pretend like they were selling as much as the popular stuff.

If you have any discount or dollar stores nearby, you can see old TFA shit being put out next to
knock-off Monster High dolls right now. And it's all Rey and Finn crap with the occasional Kylo.

So you're telling me Disney of all places are looking to push merchandise? And they're using Star Wars to do it? The Star Wars? You know, one of the most profitable merch machines in existence, THAT Star Wars?

Wow what a fucking revelation, OP. I'm stunned.

Was shocked at what cheap tiny garbage they are when I finally saw one on a shelf at good will.
It was a Doc Brown going for a buck. Left it there.

If you google it yourself TFA has been overall pretty popular and a lot of articles site it as the source of the boost. I've seen anons link a couple of videos showing TFA toys in shelves but I would hardly call that solid proof. I worked briefly in retail and one of the things they do is they like to have the shelves always full this is especially more so in supermarkets. As soon as items go off the shelves new one are put back.

Yeah this has been the case since 1980.

If anything, the best part about these sequel films is watching underaged prequel babbies come to the same realizations OT fags came to in 1999. It's fun.

No, it wasn't. Though George had a sense of potential.
The first Christmas after Star Wars they were selling Toy Vouchers because the toys were still in
development at Kenner. It was several months into the new year before they came out.

Nobody expected what happened in 1978.
Though times were different then and a poplar movie would stay in cinemas for for a year or more.
Star Wars hung around for nearly 2 years. Then got the re-release with the Episode 4 title change
on the crawl and some other tweaks in 1980 before Empire came out.

Empire was more industrialized merch wise, but the story is clearly still the main priority.
By Jedi, Lucas had shed his support crew that kept his ideas on track through the first two
movies and started hiring only yes-men. And that's when the rot set in.

Jedi is half Star Wars and half part one/stealth pilot episode of the Ewok Trilogy.

Also, toy buyers are stupid people who never open it from the box.

PERFECTLY

ORGANISED

RACIAL

GENOCIDE

lol so that is where all the non sense fucking lore come from

Even worse, can't wait until they go all Legends/old extented universe with this shit.

>Tushin - Reinin | Wookieepedia |

Tushin - Reinin was a member of the New Imperial guard order that protected Emperor Snoke. Tushin was known as the galaxy best Light - Saber - whip fighter and went through intensive training that also included light - saber battle and mandalorian fighting styles. He came from Tatooine and was a distant cousin of Kylo Ren and the Skywalker family, which some speculated contributed to his strong link to the force. He was discovered during the Tattooin riots, where he single handedly took out an entire Storm trooper battalion using a whip.

>*Random screen grab of Tushin striking Kylo with his whip from a VLC download of the movie* contributed by WarsStarfanmay4

"Tushin's fighting along side his brothers to death"

there, you now do the other guys

>There was already some bitch in the EU that had a saber whip

when that "big bad ass ship" from the beginning of the movie turned out i swear to god i could actually SEE the individual lego bricks on that sucker, like it was designed to be built by lego.

i agree tho. Star wars was always about those toy sales.

>OHH NOO STAR WARS IS BEIN USED 2 SELL TOYS ;_;

>star wars used to sell toys
what is this world coming to?

Looks like they ripped off Babylon 5

>Pretending Star Wars is anything other than 8 consecutive 2-hour toy commercials
>with some extra special toy commercial mini-series sprinkled in

oh my god you mean to tell me disney is selling toys of their movie characters? sound the fucking alarm

Did they ever say who they are? werent they only in that 1 filler episode?

That's quite pathetic and makes me feel sad.