What are the Batman villains that still dont have their essential story told (see: The Killing Joke for Joker etc)

What are the Batman villains that still dont have their essential story told (see: The Killing Joke for Joker etc)

Also Knightfall is garbage so yes, Bane doesnt have one either

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5s8qKdVGJmU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Knightfall is garbage
Go fuck yourself.

Are you twelve?

Poison Ivy
Scarecrow
Black Mask

Poison Ivy was so nothing that the only thing they had for her was that she was friends with Harley in BTAS

When that's the only real aspect of her character, there's no other option but to take it to the extreme and have her be madly in love with Harley for no real reason.

Harley is probably the only reason Ivy still exists

Mad Hatter, Riddler, and Killer Moth still lack that IT story. Sure Riddler has that Zero Year arc and Moth has that Batgirl thing, but thats about it. Scarecrow at least has Year One

The Killing Joke's Joker is pretty different from most of his runs in the comics.

Other than Ledger Joker and Joker's Asylum Joker, none was obsessed with showing the world that they are as bad as him.

Joker's main shtick is being unpredictable and amoral, not thinking about the worthiness of his madness.

>The Killing Joke's Joker is pretty different from most of his runs in the comics.

most "runs" are shit so what is your point?

Does Clayface have a good story? He always seems to be ignored even though "great actor who can turn into other people" seems like an easy recipe for a good character.

Killer moth has Batgirl Year One.

Riddler has Dark Knight Dark City.

Mortal Clay

Which Clayface? There's been at least 3.

Latest Clayface had a fun little story with his girlfriend.

Even discounting Knightfall, Tom King just finished a Bane-centric plotline.

Otherwise, I'd agree with people who mention Poison Ivy & Mad Hatter. Maybe Black Mask too, but War Games/War Crimes might cover that.

Shame Clayface doesnt have the spotlight on him more often. Moreover, its surprising that they dont play up the movie/theater actor shtick.
Which one was that?

Don't know too much about Preston Payne, but that sounds interesting.

Basil Karlo.

Are you retarded?

Riddler is pretty underutilized for how easy it would be to make a good story with him

>Poison Ivy was so nothing that the only thing they had for her was that she was friends with Harley in BTAS
Have you not seen BTAS? She had an established character long before she got to know Harley.
Also "House & Garden".

No, I'm the gosh-darned Batman!

>Knightfall is garbage
And I'm out.
Stay casual OP.

I really liked when he tried to go legit and became a private detective

Shame it got sunk, I guess having tits is the only way a Batman villain ever gets to go straight (poor choice of words, but eh)

>Killer Moth has that Batgirl thing
>replies with "Killer Moth has Batgirl Year One"
Reading comprehension is a lost art.

Preston Payne. The one with the Super-hero suit.

>Also Knightfall is garbage so yes, Bane doesnt have one either
I mean, assuming your not memeing, Bane's got plenty of good stories, try vengeance of bane if that wasn't your thing.

>Black Mask
his origin story

nah, Ivy was a pretty entertaining femme fatale type villain. Although Suicide Squad is probably her best appearance in the pre-harley days

check out the last issue of All-Star for Mad Hatter. Batgirl: Year one really is great for Moth, in fact dixon wrote him great, wish he expanded on him like he did for Firefly.

try the alan moore one

six to my knowledge

>Knightfall is garbage
Well then thank god for Dark Knight Rises

That's garbage, too, though. It builds up Bane as some badass who escaped the deadliest prison on Earth, like in the comics, and then it's just "muh Talia" and Bane is some literal who from her backstory.

Worse still, Talia dies like five fucking minutes after her reveal.

if Ivy hates humans and loves plants so much why does she live in Gotham? Why not out in a fucking forest?

She's tried that before. I think there's a comic of her moving to the rainforest and being at ease. Then some people came and deforested it and she got pissed.

Bane is also really interesting. If you think about him critically, he's an inverse of Batman in a lot of ways. Not a mirror image but a negative image.
I mean starting with his design, his mask covers only the part that Batman's reveals.

Where Bruce wanted to give up the mask to be with his love interest, Bane put his mask on specifically to serve his own sort of love interest.

Consider that Bane's outfit is always functionally the opposite of Batman's. Batman uses armor and PREPARATION where Bane is almost always very spartan in his affects.

Batman's use of his mask is to inspire fear where Bane's mask is to null his pain (ie, the thing we have fear to avoid).

Both Batman and Bane saw their love interests as children, but Batman's is killed but her spirit endures where Bane manages to save his love interest but her spirit is made cruel.

Batman fights for purely ideological reasons, driven by personal experience (dead parents). Bane and his Love Interest fight purely for personal reasons (Ra's final wish), driven by Ra's ideology (get this decadence out of my world)

Where Batman is both the instigator of action and the Mask-Wearer in a literal and figurative sense while Rachel is his emotional stake in Gotham, Talia is the figurative mask-wearer (of just being some philanthropist) while Bane assumes her identity (leader of the League of Shadows and Child who escaped the pit) while Bane wears a literal mask.

If Bane has his mask removed he dies in both a literal and figurative sense. If he loses the identity as Talia's protector, he loses his purpose for existence. Compared to Batman, who uses his mask and identity as a vigilante as a coping mechanism for both his parents' and rachel's deaths. Batman uses his mask to cope with loss while for Bane, losing the mask IS his loss.

I mean Bruce loses the mask when he escapes with Selina to Paris while Bane is willing to kill himself in a Neutron bomb blast just to hold onto his role and purpose.

that's so generic.
Thousands of miles of rainforest in south america and she chooses the lot that was set up to be deforested for cattle farms.

I bet she killed the guys sent to log it, instead of the property owners, too.

I think OP's point is not about stories that necessarily fit a character's trend more than it is overall definitive for this character.
Sure, the Joker is probably one of the most unstable character (due to every writers having their own interpretation), but there's no argue that the Killing Joke is "the" Joker story. No matter where you point the Joker, there's a pretty good chance it can be link back to Killing Joke, one way or the other.

youtube.com/watch?v=5s8qKdVGJmU

I really like his issue in Joker's Asylum. The one where he falls in love with a woman and decides to solve to riddle of having her fall in love with him.
One of his best stories.

I dream of making a really good Maxie Zeus story.

most of these villains essential story are in the animated series

impossible unless youre building on the foundation of the only good portrayal of that character (serious house on serious earth)

he's been good in quite a bit

>Killing Joke is good
>Knightfall is garbage
Truly epic bait OP. Killing Joke was a pile a shot held up by a good inker.

And yet still manage to be better than Killing Joke Joker.

Scarecrow
Maxie Zeus
Killer Moth

And I guess Penguin unless we count the movie

The Killing Joke ruined The Joker

Pain and Prejudice is generally agreed to be the essential Penguin story. There's also The Penguin Affair.
And I'd say the movie counts since most of The Penguin's modern traits that differ from his original characterization come from it.

For a B-list character Penguin is really underutilized but he isn't without great stories.

check out Penguin triumphant, thats a good story with him in.

>but there's no argue that the Killing Joke is "the" Joker story. No matter where you point the Joker, there's a pretty good chance it can be link back to Killing Joke, one way or the other.

Which in my opinion is a damn shame. I personally think Killer Joke is over rated as FUCK! And would adore a new good Joker story which in no way uses the Killing Joke.

Fortunately there will soon be three Jokers and I can safely headcanon the Killing Joke away to whichever Joker is the lamest.

I'm seconding this Here are some other great Penguin stories
Odds Agaisnt (I'd recommend most of Chuck Dixon's work).
The Killing Peck
Birdcage (pic related)
Love Bird
Undergroud Railroad
Joker's Asylum: Penguin
Once Upon a Midnight Dreary

the BTAS episode Feat of Clay probably

YES. SOMEONE DID IT.

(But why pussy out? GODDAMMED BATMAN!)

>doesn't like knightfall
Wew I've never heard this branch of shit taste before. What batman comics do you like

I think that was the start of Harley and ivy

Riddler

There was a period of time where she lived in Gotham national park and would look after the homeless children who lived there. I like the idea that ivy would have a soft spot for children since they would have made the same mistake as their parents and actively added to the destruction of nature.

*wouldnt have made*

>I'd recommend most of Chuck Dixon's work
My man.

>all these people getting triggered that OP called Knightfall garbage

At least half of it is objectively garbage.

These are interesting points. I just wanted you to know that, before somebody calls you autistic for using more than 140 characters.