DUDE MY PARENTS ARE JUST JUNKERS EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SET UP TO BE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT LMAO

DUDE MY PARENTS ARE JUST JUNKERS EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SET UP TO BE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/organization
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>set up to be something greater than that

no they weren't you're just a fag who eats poop lol

her parents could afford a pretty nice spaceship

Was she sold into sex slavery?

its a bait and switch you brainlets. Shes gonna be revealed as Obi wan's grand daughter.

GREATEST AND MOST POWERFUL JEDI IS A NOBODY.

What's the point of child labor when droids exist?

they had so many build ups and shit set up and literally just...dropped it all.

>why is snoke
>who is rey' parents
>did luke go to the dark side
and on and on and on...

but it seems like they said naw fuck the build up we have going on and set up lets ruin it all.

Literally nothing in TFA ascribes significance to her parents. It's pretty clear that she just WANTS them to be special because she's giving them the benefit of doubt.

And that's the point. You can kill EVERY jedi but the force will always be there, and those able to wield it will always stand out. She's a rando and one of the most powerful.

All that time wasted reading those Rey's parents theories. Those were some of the more interesting discussions to come out of FA. What a let down.

>EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SET UP TO BE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT LMAO

I wish we had TV and movie licenses in America.
Not like what the UK has, I mean you need to have a license to watch movies and TV. You need to demonstrate a basic level of intelligence and maybe even a basic understanding of characters and storytelling.
Then we would have 1/10th the number of threads of idiots needing movies explained to them.

kek

>Theories
>Interesting
Go back to plebbit

>wants them to be special

same thing the fans are doing t b h. also they were doing this with snoke's backstory for some reason

>ywn fuck cunny rey

you're a fucking faggot lmfao

so your disappointment is LITERALLY 100% your fault

I actually thought this was good. Strong raw power in the force could still be out there, just like that broom-boy. It didn't just end with Anakin and Order 66, the Force is out there, they weren't all in some temple in Coruscant

Snoke is dead even though he was setup to be something more than a corpse.

Rian prolly watched all the fan theory videos and was like, "fuck that shit, let's bring full nihilism to these movies, these nerds need to Rey with a hidden backstory is interesting. Snoke alone is boring and goofy as fuck, but Snoke with a backstory is interesting. Rian shit on both.

There is NOTHING from these characters I want to see going forward. Kylo is a good actor, but his emo shtick is stupid.

I will never see another Star Wars film in theatres. I CANNOT BELIEVE THIS.

UTARPLUNKED.com

Apparently space ships are cheap as fuck in Star Wars. Even criminal organizations can afford to buy small fleets.

>DUDE WHAT IS THE SUBVERSION OF EXPECTATIONS LMAO PLEASE SPOONFEED ME AND GIVE ME EXACTLY WHAT I EXPECTED I LOVE ROGUE ONE I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!

I guess thats how they that nice spaceship

part of this got deleted, i wont retype it, try to make sense of it though.

Droids aren’t as sexy

It is not economical to sell a child for drinking money. It is plausible that they sold her into slavery because no orphanages existed, but they lost more resources than they gained by having and selling a child.

literally every plot line is a subversion, its retarded.

>child labor
hehe yeah "labor"

Child labor droids when?

Yeah, except that all we have seen shows that you need training and lots of it to be powerful in the force.

Even Anakin, born of the force, needed it (and then he still got destroyed by people that were more experienced).

Being a nobody is fine, but not her abilities.

Yeah honestly, who cares about fucking backstory? This isn't a video game.

Rian wrote the script before TFA came out, so his decisions probably weren't based on fan theories that came after.

>Trust me, I'm not lying or manipulating you this time

The real twist would be if this wasn't such an obvious red herring.

>Even Anakin, born of the force, needed it

No, he was the only human able to podrace and because of his force powers.

Yoda impliea that she's a natural. I would say she's like Windu. She's decisive and extremely powerful. With training/patience she would give Yoda a run for his money.

how i understood it, is there arent very many force users, so she gets more of the force than a normal force wielder because she has to balance Kylo. its still stupid as fuck but this is the explanation

With all the mixed audience reviews this movie is getting I won't be surprised if JJ decides to ass pull and retcon Rey's parents to something better.

>"Episode IX:"Rey your parents are ex-Jedi, that's why you can do all the things
>Rey:"But Kylo said they were nobodi-"
>"KYLO WAS WRONG!"

>they lost more resources than they gained by having and selling a child.
Well desu you dont know how much they got for her

>the Force is out there
x-files crossover when

>Kylo Ren is enraged because despite his lineage from the most powerful Jedi family in history, he knows he'll never be as strong as Luke or Vader. This rage and insecurity ironically makes him less capable of channeling the force
>Rey's abandonment has forced her to rely solely on herself. She comes from nothing and knows her fate is what she makes of it. She only yearns to be part of something, hence her natural affinity to the selfless force.

This is better than some shoehorned in plot about her being Luke's daughter or Vaders clone

pusyslave

Nice projecting

Why don't they use them as weapons more often though? Buy 1 small shitty ship, lightspeed crash it into huge empire's ship.

haven't seen it yet and don't really care. But is it impossible that this is just some lie?

>PLEASE GIVE ME MORE OF THE SAME THING

I would pay 69 portions to see Unkar plow that tight young Rey

yea galactic cartels would be poor

That's pretty much the extent that natural Force ability should get you, acute senses and quick reflexes.

Force ability shouldn't be like some mutant X-men power that goes out of controlled if not reigned in by training.

The logical conclusion to Disney's vision of this is everyone that's Force sensitive ends up just training themselves, and you'll end up with an unusually high amount of asshole dark side users.

Because you have to be close enough to hit the ship before you slip into hyperspace and they have to have their shields down from being cocky and just following a ship waiting for it to run out of fuel. Even then, it only really worked on Snoke's destroyer because it was big enough to not miss. I think people are overvaluing the hyperdrive kamikaze

COME BACK

whats stopping him from making a good script tho

>cartels that span the galaxy are the only type of criminal organization there is

rian said he wrote this as both characters understanding this as the truth. as in kylo thinks this. and rey thinks this. but then rian said that jj is in charge of 9, so he can do whatever he wants with this.

THEY LITERALLY HAVE NO OVERARCHING PLAN.

That's all he did well, flying.

Rey is awesome at flying, repairing, fighting, force powers and so on, without any training.

>THEY LITERALLY HAVE NO OVERARCHING PLAN.
Amateur writers have a better sense of plot than these hacks?! WTF?!

I want a qt loli Rey.

Correct. 'Organization' means that they are large and powerful with resources you ding dong, as opposed to common singular street criminals

why do people care about snoke's backstory? he's a generic emperor analogue through-and-through. we knew where his story was going to end if kylo never killed him anyway

>EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE SET UP TO BE SOMETHING GREATER THAN THAT
They weren't, and there's nothing wrong with that. It was a case of an unreliable narrator. Rey just desperately wanted to believe they were coming back for her and that she was someone special. Of course, it's all undermined by Rey actually being the specialest snowflake in the galaxy and being a stronger force user than the chosen one without any training. Much like everything the new movies try, it's completely at odds with itself. The idea of Rey being seduced to the dark side because it makes her feel important is honestly more convincing than Anakin's whole shitty love story with Padme. If the movies weren't so unimaginatively following the formula of the original trilogy they could have handled this much better.

Lies, deceit, creating mistrust, those are the ways of the Darkside.

What the fuck are you even on about?
Every fucking space battle in Star Wars I have ever seen involves a shitton of small ships shooting at each other while they move around the bigger huge ships that have no shields on.
Why don't the retards kamikaze more often when they are about to lose?

>have a dick that needs sucked
>I have an annoying protocol droid with a slit for a mouth and I have an adorable young girl
You do the math.

>dur hurr
>ok, here's what's been done before in every star wars movie
>every side plot
>every big scene

>ok, now lets twist that scene in the opposite way
>ok, lets build up something for a big payoff, and not follow through
>lets do this all on purpose
>lets make sure every plot thread has a variation on these 2 concepts

its fucking stupid. its a star wars thought experiment. those arent actual plots.

>Literally nothing in TFA ascribes significance to her parents

True, it's just what people hoped would explain her absurd Mary Sue qualities. Like if her last name was Skywalker or Palpatine or Jehovah it might explain what the fuck's up with her. But no, it turns out the real reason is just bad writing.

>'Organization' means that they are large and powerful with resources

English not your first language?

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/organization
>an administrative and functional structure (such as a business or a political party)

The word itself has absolutely no implication regarding size/money/power/resources. Dumbass.

you do know that kylo is lying...right?

why did obi wan call out to rey in her vision in TFA. why did johnson deliberately ignore or defuse every possible dangler JJ left for him

>Like if her last name was Skywalker or Palpatine or Jehovah it might explain what the fuck's up with her. But no, it turns out the real reason is just bad writing.
This. No one likes to talk about midichlorians, but they're there. A great Jedi is naturally selected.

>why do people care about snoke's backstory?
Because where was this guy who holds as much influence and power as the emperor during the original trilogy? Is he the Star Wars Benjamin Button and was just born really old? Give a reason why he was in hiding. Give a reason why he's so much like a sith and yet not a sith. Even without a backstory, it's piss poor writing to hang this mastermind over our heads like that and kill him off so unceremoniously. It doesn't make Kylo seem strong because Snoke never really did anything. It's just a mirroring of Return of the Jedi without understanding anything about the scene where Luke is defeated and Vader sacrifices himself to kill the emperor and save his son. It's a soulless husk of the past, devoid of any meaning because the audience has absolutely zero connection to this monster of the week from a children's cartoon and there are no consequences to his passing.

Because this is a sequel trilogy to an estabilished franchise. Not a standalone one.
You have an entire universe set up for you and you have to follow trough with that.
The Empire fell and all of the Sith die. This is what you have at the ground level
So you have to explain how Snoke and the First Order came to be.

Because Johnson listened to all you stupid fucks who complained about fan service when TFA came out

Every great jedi starts somewhere. It's not like Yoda came from some amazing jedi family.

Fucking lol

>Comes out of nowhere.
>Is wealthy as fuck.
>Wants to rebuild a Space Nazi Empire.
>Seduces Ben Solo to the Dark Side.
>Destroys the New Jedi Order.
Who is this guy? Why did he do this?

>No one cares.
Fuck you.

just like anakin and luke.........................................................................................

>Luke dematerializes and possesses the stable boy foolish enough to wear his signet ring

How pissed do you think Luke was when he was in the body of some little kid instead of an asian chick getting plowed by Finn?

When the original Star Wars trilogy came out we knew nothing about the Emperor but it was no necessary to know because all we knew about the universe is that the entire galaxy was held under control of the incredibly powerful Empire, led by the Emperor.

But now there are 7 movies before this one, we have more knowledge about the universe and lore and here we are all wondering where the fuck did Snoke come from?

Yoda is from a mysterious species, had high affinity with the force and still had to train 100 years before obtaining the rank of master and then trained another 700 years before dying.
Rey picked up a light saber in was ready to go five secs later.

>we know the bad guy is going to die or be defeated
>therefore his backstory does not matter

You can apply this logic to fucking any character.
>we know the heroes will triumph, therefore we do not need to know about their past before the film

I hate you, and people who think like you. Get fucked.

It was never "set up". You just expected it because that would be obvious. Her parents being nobodies is so much better than any other predictable outcome.

Movie still has a looot of problems, this just isn't one

>Her parents being nobodies is so much better than any other predictable outcome.
Can anyone else say, "Ma-Rey Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuue?"

UHHHHHHH BUT SNOKE COULD BE DARTH PLAGUEIS BUT NOW WE WILL NEVER KNOW UHHHHHHH

not that user but isn't it equally as mary sue-ish if she came from a lineage like skywalker or kenobi?

Anakin was from a virgin birth.

REEEEE UNLESS THEY OUTLINE REYS EXACT LINEAGE AND GIVE A STAT SHEET OF HER MIDICHLORIANS ITS MARY SUE REEE

>her parents are unimportant, nameless characters
>le Mary Sue xD
Dumb fuck.

>not that user but isn't it equally as mary sue-ish if she came from a lineage like skywalker or kenobi?
At the very least, that would explain some shit. They could have developed the life creation plotline that was hinted at in Revenge of the Sith.

Well yes she is a marry sue. People were saying that she was trained in the force and mind wiped that's why she was so good.

turns out she was just a marry sue, bigger than Episode I anakin.

She's also a Mary Sue because of her effortless mastery of The Force.

Rey's midichlorian count must be off the charts. Probably more than Yoda and Anakin combined.

still a nobody

[ME AFTER WATCHING STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI ]

>Probably more than Yoda and Anakin combined.
It's worth noting that Anakin got his ass handed to him in Episodes 2 and 3.

her full name is Yahwreyh

... It's a lie, duh. We'll learn more about her in the coming movies.

They make a big deal about bloodlines, there's no way she doesn't have somebody important as a parent.

Hmm, let's see.

Anakin:
>Wins national race at the age of 9
>Builds sophisticated droid out of scraps at the age of 9
>Flies into a space battle and manages to outfly veteran aces at the age of 9
>As a padawan he defeats Dooku, who is renowned to be one of the greatest fighters alive and defeated Yoda and Obi-Wan

Luke:
>Teenage farmboy defeats Empire's greatest weapon by pulling off a shot the rebels greatest pilots couldn't match
>Demonstrates uncanny natural ability with the force

Rey:
>Defeats a wounded opponent
>Is good with the force

How is being born from a virgin birth to fulfill some long told Jedi prophecy a nobody?

It seriously sees like JJ cucked Rian sometime in 2016