Why does everyone hate this movie? It's better than the first one

Why does everyone hate this movie? It's better than the first one

That's not a high enough bar

it's just Sup Forums shitposters it's best to just ignore them

I liked it. And I think it's funnier than hell that Thor's mom almost ended the movie halfway through.

the first one is bad and being better than bad doesn't make it good

the villain was basically a non-existent threat and loki was forced into it for no reason, last act had an interesting fight scene though

It made no sense that the Asgardian army was able to beat the dark elves back in the day but have so much trouble with a tiny fraction of the elves forces in the future, especially considering the elves were sleeping during all that time and had no time to develop any new, dangerous weapons.

I liked it almost as much as Winter Soldier.

>People hated the first Thor movie
>Enough time has passed that people like Dark World more

Sure, whatever.

Loki was great, his usage of magic and trickery was the best part of the film.

I thought it was boring as shit until the last thirty minutes.

Ummm but they and we don't? The thor movies have been nothing short of amazing, and it has a hot actor lolol

I wasn't under the impression Asgardians advance. I thought they sort of hit a technological peak and then just went LOL ITS MAGIC from there on.

We don't, they have been really comfy and full of feels and sexy boys.

it stops being trickery and starts being more of an invulnerability when they dont even show how he manages to evade death all the time and then how he ended up on the fucking throne impersonating odin

Hiddleston is the only one in these movies thats actually acting. Everyone else is blatantly phoning it in.

I liked the fight scene at the end. The portals were a cool idea and they make it one of the most memorable fights of the MCU.

Whoever plays Sif did an alright job. She seems genuinely hurt in at least two scenes.

I liked it. The only things about it I didn't like was that they coped out on killing Jane and they completely changed the interior design of Odin's castle.

Never seen it. The first one is probably the worst MCU movie to date and I have zero interest in this Thor or his "actor".

>It made no sense that the Asgardian army was able to beat the dark elves back in the day but have so much trouble with a tiny fraction of the elves forces in the future,
Element of surprise, bro. If the Dark Elves mounted an assault when Asgard was on guard they probably wouldn't have fared as well. Also no one who fought the Dark Elves from before was likely around anymore.

>I wasn't under the impression Asgardians advance.

No, they're literally using the same exact tech and advanced science from Bor's time.

>No, they're literally using the same exact tech and advanced science from Bor's time.
Precisely; I'm surprised they could repair the bifrost.

The villain was garbage. His whole character and dialogue could have been written in someones lunch break.

Loki is too popular to kill, so there was never any tension.

Portman just stumbling into the Aether was all kinds of contrived bullshit.

No it's not. At least the first one actually has a compelling villain.

Why does everyone hate BvS? It's slightly better than Catwoman.

>If the Dark Elves mounted an assault when Asgard was on guard they probably wouldn't have fared as well.
Then why did Thor need to take Jane out of Asgard? They were on full alert at the time and they just needed to wait a few hours until the convergence had passed.

I know Malekith was the only one who knew how to extract the infinity stone, but they never stated it had to be removed before the event. And Thor risking all of existence just to save his mortal girlfriend doesn't paint him in the best light.

>Then why did Thor need to take Jane out of Asgard?

Because

>They were on full alert at the time
Had Malekith tried to launch another assault, he'd probably get fucked up and fail. Odin would've probably killed Malekith on the spot for killing Frigga and thus would've denied Thor the chance to have the Aether extracted from Jane.

>I know Malekith was the only one who knew how to extract the infinity stone, but they never stated it had to be removed before the event.
If they hadn't and waited ill after, Malekith would've probably just fucked off and went into suspended animation till the next convergence.

> And Thor risking all of existence just to save his mortal girlfriend doesn't paint him in the best light.
He may not be a vain, greedy, cruel boy anymore, but that doesn't make him especially bright.

What's worse Catwoman or Jonah Hex?

Thor 1. I'll watch the other two if I'm stoned enough, you can't pay me enough to sit through another thor flick with hemsworth.

My problem with the first two Thor movies is that Natalie Portman phoned it in so hard, it looked like she wanted nothing to do with them. I get if you wanna do some serious shit, but don't do a Marvel movie if you're not gonna have fun and just need a paycheck. If her permanent bitchface self retired with her Star Wars prequel trilogy money, I'd be eternally grateful.

They literally all did, even Hopkins. The only one that actually acted and seemed like he wanted to be there was Hiddleton.

Hopkins is old, he's gonna phone in anything he's in that requires a shit ton of make up and costuming. Hemsworth and Hiddleston actually looked like they were having fun.

>I'm surprised they could repair the bifrost.

I'm not. They probably just pulled up the schematics from their archive files and rebuilt it from scratch. Just because they reached a point that they felt they don't need to advance anymore doesn't mean they're incapable of reproducing what technological and scientific feats they've already achieved.

The thing is they acted like the Bifrost being destroyed was a really big deal.
"Earth is lost to us" makes it sound like it would take them a really long time to rebuild it. But they had it up and running in like a year.
It just lessons the impact.

>It's better than the first one
I mean, fucking Suicide Squad was better than the borefest that was the first one, is not something difficult to achieve

>turns out there were backup bifrost parts/plans in the cellar
>yay, now we don't have to learn how our shit works
I can't wait until these fuckers run out of their great-grandfathers' relics to ride life out on.

It's great when it's on Asgard.

I hate Thor: The Dark World with a passion. It's probably one of the worst film I've ever seen and for years now I tried to forget this rotten piece of shit...
And still I remember them showing that they needed the Tesseract, one of the 6 most powerful artefacts in the whole galaxy, to repair the Bifrost.
Previously they said destroying it was a big thing, because at that time they had no way to repair it.

No idea how he got to earth and back in Avengers, though, but they said he used some other way, never explained which.

>No idea how he got to earth and back in Avengers, though, but they said he used some other way, never explained which.

>And with the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here, your precious Earth?

Asgard parts were good. Earth parts felt like a chore to get through. Old dude in underwear for most of his screen time was pure abuse to my eyeballs.

Overall: Grade C- Apply Yourself.

All the earth parts sucked, big time.

The attempt to make portman more than a love interest by having her help solving the "issue" with science or surprise aether power was beyond stupid.

Can't we have some bitch just be the hero's love interest anymore? Trying to overreach is how you end up with stupid things like these.

The asgard parts were okay though.

Her poor date. That man was tortured twice; the second time felt completely unnecessary.

>"Earth is lost to us" makes it sound like it would take them a really long time to rebuild it. But they had it up and running in like a year.
>It just lessons the impact.

Maybe getting the Tesseract back made it much easier to rebuild. They could have confirmed that with a single line, but alas we have nothing but fanwank.

The villain is pretty flat and boring. Marvel needs to pick up the art of villain monologues. One Malekith monologue and Id have been a bit more satisfied.

Otherwise, yea, fuck the haters. This was pretty alright. I might watch it right now.

I don't hate it, but it doesn't have the depth of subtext of the first one. It's a good action flick, but the first movie did much more with the family dynamic. Also the way Odin was dismissive of human life in The Dark World was kind of a 180 from the first movie.

It did have a lot of good points, though. The cameo by one of the Stone Men From Saturn (villains in the very first Thor comic), the Captain America gag, Heimdall taking down that invisible fighter with only a knife, Selvig in a mental hospital, etc. Hogun smiling was totally wrong, though.

>it looked like she wanted nothing to do with them. I get if you wanna do some serious shit, but don't do a Marvel movie if you're not gonna have fun and just need a paycheck.
Her and Jennifer Lawrence both ruined their respective movies. In portman's case she expected Thor to fail and never have another one, while Lawrence felt she wasn't being paid enough considering she signed the 3 movie deal before she got really popular.