So this bitch literally 9/11ed a capital ship into a Star Destroyer and we're supposed to think that's fucking heroic...

So this bitch literally 9/11ed a capital ship into a Star Destroyer and we're supposed to think that's fucking heroic? No, Whoredo, you're not a hero, you're Osama Bin fucking Laden.

most badass scene in the entire movie though.

Why didn't she tell anyone her escape plan?

Diane was just doing what Coop asked.

>relatively small group of rebels takes on the hegemonic superpower

literally al qaeda

Luke, did I ever tell you about Anakin Skywalker? One day, a close relative of yours is going to worship Darth Vader as though he's some kind of space Jesus. Despite the fact that he could materialize in front of this relative and explain to him the folly of the dark side at any time, he won't. Good thing Yoda will still be around to burn down sacred Jedi texts. He was a confusing friend.

It was the jews who planned it all.

this
there was no explanation ever given

also why did she wait until 90% of the transports were destroyed before finally making that kamikaze attack, jesus

Suicide attack =/= 9/11. They're rebels not terrorists. She flew her ship into a bunch of Nazi's not innocent civilians.

Yeah, white males aren't human.

But the rebels are fucking terroists
So this action along with every other action this fkn band of whoremongering lucky idiots does is an act of terror

Both sides are just as diverse. You're fucking retarded.

That's unironically true though

She doesn't need to? It's MEN that need to start shutting up and trust women's decisions. After all she was the one in charge for some reason

tHE
FOFRCE
IS
FEMALE

SEXIST PIG

No theyre not and know it

I remember the USS cole.

>implying it wasn't Leia

I'm surprised they waited until they were out of fuel, down to one ship, and had their remaining crew out in the open and getting shot down before pulling that maneuver.

Why the fuck didn't they evacuate one of the smaller cruisers and use that to fuck up the giant First Order ship? They knew right from the get-go that they were in a really fucking shitty situation.

But a girl didn't trust her either?

The token nignog was a member of the first order first. Those stormtroopers could be mostly black or women like Phasma for all we know.

I honestly have no idea.

There was no need for secrecy. The Order didn't have any means for spying on them, and her not telling anyone made the crew confused and took a toll on morale.
It was dumb.

Because a man brainwashed her with his stupid ideas

>So this bitch literally 9/11ed a capital ship into a Star Destroyer and we're supposed to think that's fucking heroic? No, Whoredo, you're not a hero, you're Osama Bin fucking Laden.
What are deflector shields

Jesus fucking christ, the more I engage my brain after watching this movie the more I absolutely hate it.
I'm not supposed to hate anything, I am a Christian!
God help me. I pray that you take my anger and find the ultimate justice for I and millions of other Star Wars fans around the world whose souls cried out and been extinguished forever by this devilish concoction of a movie.

All the leaders are white men theyre priming people to see white men as the enemy

>Why should we make you the alliance leader? Do you have any war experience?
>no
>Any leadership capability?
>no
>So what do you have?
>i have purple hair
>DEAL

I find it hilarious how they have managed to kill star-wars as a setting with this one movie. The crux of space-opera is cheap fast travel since space is so big, you need to go from the ice-planet and the desert planet without dying of old age. So you invent a special engine or a wormhole generator or something that does all that. But also ensures that it can't be used as a weapon, by teleporting instantly, or going through another dimension.

What this movie has done, is establish that a hyperdrive can interact with other ships. one of the draws of Star-wars, that so many people have neat little ships to putter around in (people you can identify as and imagine yourself as) means that with the new hyperdrive canon. Everyone with a ship, is sitting on a weapon powerful enough to destroy pretty much anything. Everyone. And ships in star-wars are like boats to us. maybe even cars. Imagine if your car had a hydrogen bomb beside the spare tire? A clump of antimatter in the glovebox?

There will never be another star wars movie wherein there's a big battleship, or battle-station, or massive fleet where you don't go "Why not just hyperspeed-ram it?" And the best part. It's in a movie, not some obscure comic or book. Everyone who has seen the movie has seen the scene. There's no counterargument, because it happened, we saw it.
Star-wars has effectively destroyed itself as a semi-believable setting. Because there's no traditional set-up with the big bad fleet and big bad base that can't be ass-raped by a single FTL ship.

SOTP MAINSPLAIING ME

It'll be ignored, like teleportation anywhere in the Star Trek reboot.

They can pretend to ignore it if they want, they can pretend it's not real. But from now until forever, every single star wars movie where there is a giant base, or destroyer, or super large fleet, every single person watching the film is going to say to themselves "Why don't they just hyperspace ram it like Admiral Purple-Hair did?"

They literally cheapened every massive space battles they do from here on out. It's hilarious. They did that, forever, to get a cheap 10 second shot that looked cool. That's how little the people who made this abortion of a movie understood what they were doing.

she is known war hero though

it should've been admiral allah ackbar

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks this. They've ruined the fiction of star wars

this wouldve been 100 times better

what a fucking nerd you are

stop acting naive

>9/11ed
>not pearl harbored
>there are people on Sup Forums right now that weren't alive during pearl harbor

I guess letting all of her friends die would have been the preferred choice.

>Hey everyone we had a cool trench run planned but we realized we could just hyperspace ram the laser dish once or twice, don't we look silly for almost sending all but 3 of you to your deaths.

Yo do realize that the Rebels are the terrorists in that world, right? I mean to say, that it's semantics. Because, it all depends on your viewpoint. As Ronald Reagan once said, when asked what the difference between a terrorist and a freedom fighter was, "If Russia supplies their weaponry they're terrorists, if we supply them, they're freedom fighters." This scene was designed to uncomfortably remind you of that simple fact.

Just like Batman, is actually a criminal. Since, vigilantism is illegal.

The Dukes of Hazard are criminals too. Since, moonshining and running afoul of the law are illegal.

Hey everyone we had a cool plan to infiltrate the shield bunker and have our badass fleet cover Lando and friends while they destroyed the core but we realized we could just hyperspace ram the laser dish a few times. Don't we look silly for almost getting into a massive and costly fleet battle!

Why did she bother staying behind if that wasn't her plan from the outset?
Looked like she just had the idea at the last minute

They TELL us she's a war hero, but SHOW that she's a fucking idiot.

Terrorist is a relative term, though. A terrorist is just an enemy of the government whose attacks are motivated by radical beliefs. It doesn't matter what kind of government we're talking about. It just has to be a government. If the republic was dominant and the first order was a ragtag group of people, they would be the terrorists.

Rebels are terrorists, who'd have thunk it.

I didn't like the movie but things in hyperspace could always interact with regular shit you fucking niggersperg

No, they couldn't.

Yes they could
Han's 'flying through a star' comment in ANH

You see, objects in real space with high gravity (stars, black holes) create 'shadows' in hyperspace that can fuck you up if you fly into them. But you can't influence real space from hyperspace.

nice fanfiction

>make big garbage pile
>put hyperdrive on it
>get ghost yoda to pilot it
>crash into entire fleets
>repeat until empire loses
There is literally no reason why they can't just do this.
>"hyperdrive is exspensive!"
no they're not every ship has one
>"ghost yoda doesn't know how to pilot a hyperdrive."
the nigga is a ghost he hasn't got anything else to do, and it isn't hard.
>"JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF!!!"

>all those spics and that asian commander from the First Order
did we watch the same movie?

The thing is it not only ruins all future SW movies, it also retroactively ruins the past films and makes them all look like idiots.

A New Hope - "Sir we've worked out the final plan for the assault on the death star and it will be risky and cost many lives but it migh-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it"

Empire - "Sir the troops are ready for the ground assault on Hoth, walkers are ready to deploy" "Just Hyperspace-Ram the shield generator from orbit then Hyperspace-ram the rebel base. Boom. All the rebels will be dead before they can evacuate, wars over, and we never had to do a ground assault"

Jedi - "Sir they built a new death star and it's even bigg-" "Just Hyperspace-Ram it" "But sir its surrounded by a shield from the Endor moo-" "Just hyperspace ram the endor Moon until you take out the shield generator, Ewoks are collateral damage, then hyperspace ram the new death star"

Phantom Menace - "Annakin you have to take out that droid controller" "Just hyperspace ram it"

Rogue One - "We have to take down that shield generator!" "Just hyperspace ra- actually you know what were going to just hyperspace ram the death star anyway so we don't even need these stupid plans"

TFA - My god they built an even BIGGER death sta-" "Just hyperspace ram it"

etc, etc

>talk about stuff you don't know shit about
>get told
>haha n-nice fanfiction

yeah go fuck yourself

They deserved it and they should never of been in that port.

>pilot it
Even now nobody fucking pilots rocket ships, computers pilot them.

>talk about stuff you don't know shit about
>get told
>g-go fuck yourself

all of you guys seem to think hyperspace in Star Wars works the same way it does in Halo

>Why the fuck didn't they evacuate one of the smaller cruisers and use that to fuck up the giant First Order ship?
Because a smaller ship would have bounce on the shields and after the first one the huge ship would have make whatever he can to prevent another attempt (put smaller ships in the front, focus the shields, etc...)

hehe, damage control

you got owned nig

Droid ships are even common in universe.

That was the plan: Crash entire fleets, with no survivors!

After The Last Jedi, it does.

Snoke's command ship was so massive it was like a minor death star, she split in in half like it was made of paper and took out fifteen star destroyers behind it with one cruiser.

making shit up = getting told
gotcha

Yes yes, we know hyperspace is in a different dimension where only the gravity wells of stars and planets interact with it. Clearly in TLJ the cruiser rammed into The Supremacy at 99.999% of light speed just before entering hyperspace. There's no reason you couldn't calculate the distance and constantly use it in warfare.

He was one hundred percent correct;

>Hyperdrives manipulated hypermatter particles in order to thrust a starship into hyperspace[1] by taking advantage of the wrinkles in the fabric of realspace, whilst still preserving the ship's mass/energy profile.[1] This shortens journeying distance significantly, allowing the vessel to "jump" from a specific point to another point without having to travel directly between them, therefore reducing journey time by an extraordinarily large margin.[2] However, large objects in realspace cast "mass shadows" in hyperspace, so hyperspace jumps necessitated very precise calculations.[3] Without those, a vessel could fly right through a star or another celestial body.[2] Because of the danger, there existed predetermined hyperspace routes which interstellar travelers could take.

If that's true, then her ship just impacted right before she entered hyperspace
So it still works.

>She doesn't need to? It's MEN that need to start shutting up and trust women's decisions. After all she was the one in charge
what hurts is this is unironically the explanation

>RO and ANH
Weren't the Rebels clueless as to where exactly the Death Star was until at least it bore upon them at Yavin IV? But at least by the time it did turn up at the rebel base, they had a chance to ram it.

Yeah, it works. I mean it was literally in the movie we don't have to argue if it works, she took out an entire fucking fleet. Star wars is changed forever.

You're not speeding up! it's literally like compressing two points in an inflated balloon together and passing through it. reeeeee

No doubt.

You saw her take out an entire fleet dude, we all did.

>Hear you talking shit again do I?

haha it's a good thing Star Wars isn't a series for nerds who care about this stuff haha also your explanation for how hyperspace works is now non-canon, THIS IS OUR SERIES NOW

jesus had and used his hatred. The difference is you must hate heavenly things like evil in the world. Don't hate earthly, insignificant human things. Jesus brought a sword and fashioned a whip.

Hyperdrive computers wouldn't let you do the jump unless the way is clear or else you would see a lot of ramming action when they jumped the whole fleet together. This is also not Star Trek where you can just tell the computer to override all security measurement.

My sides. Dunno why, but that got funnier as it went

fuggg posted too early, but Jesus was like the end of RotJ luke in that He understood using all human emotions was okay. Just dont hate the small things, hate the things that matter like satan and Darth Sheev

Be humble and sit down, Trump voter

>terrorists gonna terrorize
Since the OT till today I firmly believe that the Empire are the "good guys" in this conflict.

Stop being a bitter virgin. Starwars bros on Reddit love that scene unanimously. Most people I meet consider TLJ the best star wars movie so far. Sup Forums is literally the only place that cares

I'm so fucking done with star wars.

>they didn't have Admiral Ackbar do the lightspeed ram attack because muslims yell "ackbar" while running over Europeans in stolen vans

It's amazing how quickly Disney has destroyed Star Wars' reputation and respect, isn't it? Not even the Prequels did that since they at least came up with cool settings and characters that got expanded on.

Luke did I ever tell you about Vice Admiral Holdo? She was the best Vice Admiral in the Galaxy, and even invented ramming which was a good trick that had never been tried before. And she was a good friend.

remember when the prequels had a similar cantina scene but it wasn't a rip off and was unique enough to entirely feel like its own original setting?

this makes too much sense

>never been tried before
>hux knew exactly what was going on as it was happening

hmmmmm

>This is also not Star Trek where you can just tell the computer to override all security measurement.
Explain how Han Solo hyperspace jumped the Millennium Falcon into the atmosphere of the Starkiller Base then. Also explain why they can't make a hyperspace drive without safety systems on unmanned mass and missiles?

I'LL TRY HYPERSPACE RAMMING IT THAT'S A GOOD TRICK

Nigga if it had been tried before it would be the go to strategy of choice because it destroys everything with minimal loses.

>uses all the remaining force in her body as a sacrifice.

Would've been awesome

Blue haired feminists wished to be like Al-qaeda

Why don't they have droids to pilot ships through enemy ships at light speed? Basically any old ship could be used to decimate any enemy vessel this way, why don't they use it all the time?

it's a shittily written movie. not sure what you expect.

>But the rebels are fucking terroists

you can't be a terrorist if you're on the right side of history

Fug, and they call the prequels kid movies.

The rebel side had more aliens though