Just because R&M is liked by Redditors doesn't mean it's a Reddit show!

>just because R&M is liked by Redditors doesn't mean it's a Reddit show!

I wouldn't say it's just that. Its combination of easily digestible 'faux geeky' science tropes, catch phrase humor, 'snappy' comeback dialogue, blatant pandering to nihilists, and 'random' humor makes it a reddit show. Naturally redditors love it, of course

Anyone else feel the same way?

>jackfags are STILL this salty

Great argument

>I was in wrong Morty, god is indeed real, I can prove it mathematically. I also stopped drinking because it was detrimental to my health
>Wow Rick I'm glad you learned your lesson. But you know, we al committ mistakes, the important thing is that you learned from yours
>You're right Morty *hugs him*

Yeah I guess but I still enjoy it

>I forgot about tat Szechuan sauce too Morty, it's just fast food who cares.
>Now if you excuse me I have to go apologize to your father

you do know r&m was getting shat on like this even before the april fools prank, right?

if you're gonna redditfag at least do your fucking homework before

And what quality combination of traits would make a show a 'Sup Forums show', exactly?

It's retarded shit that panders to the lowest common denominator of humor and pathetic wastes of flesh who's only comfort in life is lying to themselves and creating a false sense of superiority over their "intelligence" and "enlightenment". I don't know about it being reddit, but it is definitely shit.

>easily digestible 'faux geeky' science tropes

ho boy

It was just casual back then.

No, I just enjoy it. Why would I care about what anyone else had to say about it.?

Mentioning reddit should warrant a permaban desu.

Holy buzzwords!

Listen, in my opinion you are overreacting. It is not Family Guy or Big Bang Theory tier bad. The fanboys are also overreacting when they say it is one of the greatest shows of all time. It has bad episodes like the shitty "interdimensional cable 2" episode. But it can also be really clever and isn't just the randumb humor you say it is. Though, I do agree with the consensus that the fans are cancer and take the jokes too far and get super pretentious with the show.

There could never be such a thing as a "Sup Forums show" because the instant it became popular people on this website would shit on it hard

it's still casual, people just pay more attention to it now that so many redditfags migrated after someone probably made a post on the r&m subreddit about the shitstorm happening on the hacker known as Sup Forums

there's also a steady stream of daily r&m threads now

The only thing that bothers me is that Roiland's humor is supposed to be counter-culture but is becoming quite mainstream. It's not that the popularity of the show is bad, but now A LOT of people are starting to copy that brand of humor (namely the voices and stuttering) which is a bit annoying. But worse things have happened.

This.

This seems like such a trivial thing to pull this kind of "us versus them" dynamic over with such vitriol.

It's just a TV show, dude.

>Then Morty is time to help this country to be great again; you know Morty,
>White people will be a minority by 2050.
>I must help you with Jessica so you can breed white great-grandchildren.

nel pastel.
it represents the complete opposite of Sup Forums, and not in a positive way.

it's only fair it keeps being demonized

what even makes a show a reddit show?

PICKLE RICK LMAO

>Reddit show
I don't even know what the fuck that means anymore.

It makes me wonder what classes as a Sup Forums show.

and before that there was nothing but praise for the show, but then it got a little too popular for Sup Forums

The only Reddit tier garbage in this show are the awful lolrandom interdimensional tv shows. God I hate them. Hey Justin if you are reading this go fuck yourself and stop making those lazy shit b stories.

Any show that doesn't have a large normalfag following might classify as a "Sup Forums show"

you have to go back

Woobie Doobie Morty, atheism is the only path to enlightenment if you want to be an ascended open minded liberal. URP. Now let's go to a Bernie Sanders Rally. FEEL THE BURN MORTY.

O-Oh J-Jeez Rick do you think that's a good idea? H-He won the election for a reason.

SHUT THE FUCK UP MORTY URP MCNUGGET SAUCE WOOBLY DOOBLIE BAZINGA GET SCHIWFTY

Being popular.

I'm slavfag and I know literally nothing about reddit and just enjoy the show.

>before that there was nothing but praise for the show
Why do you pretend that you were here and know how it was back then ?
Even back in the show's initial release the show had detractors (mostly people comparing it to Superjail in a negative way). It was never universally praised and it only got worse when Season 2 came out and the show's quality went down.
But I guess that destroys your "waah stop being contrarians you just hate it because it's popular" narrative.

And as a double-whammy, the instant it became popular Reddit would flock to it just because it's popular, and the subversive, contrarian writing would seem edgy, cool, and intelligent to them.

The "Sup Forums show" can only exist in concept, because the instant a "Sup Forums show" is created and aired on any public entertainment medium, it would stop being a Sup Forums show, by nature.

>stop liking what I like!

>it's a "Sup Forums immigrants pretend they've been here for longer than a year episode"

The criticism was actually legitimate and wasn't just "OMG REDDIT ATHEISM" shitposting. You could have a rick and morty thread without shitposters flocking to it.

/thread

So, the faggot spamming Sup Forums came here to continue his retardation it seems

People would complain but this would make things so much better. just muting them for a bit even.

I'm not really trying to pull an us vs them really. I don't give a shit about the reddit meme. I'm just saying that this show is shit. Now that's just my opinion, and I'm sure there are people who disagree with me, and that's fine. I just don't really want anything to do with those people, and I don't have a very high opinion of them.

> I just don't really want anything to do with those people, and I don't have a very high opinion of them.

Because of a cartoon. You don't see how this makes you look like you're a fucking nutcase?

>'faux geeky' science tropes

Confirmed for never actually watching the show. It doesn't try to be scientific at all. Just because you have a scientist character doesn't mean the show is a science show. They basically just treat science as arbitrary magic with no explanation.

It's not about the cartoon. It's about the sort of personality and mindset that would find it enjoyable. Different people like different things. I dislike their tastes, it is reasonable to assume they would dislike mine. We would probably disagree on other more substantial issues. I find it perfectly reasonable to make judgements based on the data I have available to me.

it's literally a meme show, taylor made for reddit

Have you ever gone to a mental asylum? Just wondering.

Why do pop culture references and banter make you people so uncomfortable, and what does 'faux geeky' mean?

>It doesn't try to be scientific at al

Which is exactly why "faux geeky" is the best description. It pretends to be smart by having a scientist protag while actually being stupid enough to appeal to the Family Guy crowd. Rick just throws in the occasional big word and "YAY ATHEISM" quip to make the fedora mouth-breathers think they're clever for watching.

It reminds them that they're all getting old and therefore shit isn't catering to them anymore because they're no longer the target audience.

Like, reading the OP just makes me imagine he's a snooty ironic teenager who smirks and scoffs at everything

>Rick just throws in the occasional big word and "YAY ATHEISM" quip to make the fedora mouth-breathers think they're clever for watching.

How fucking butthurt you have to be for still bitching about a single line from the pilot?

Fucking kill yourself

>Rick just throws in the occasional big word and "YAY ATHEISM" quip
so you haven't watched it and just fell for the Sup Forums shitposting that's been constant since the election, got it.

Stop trying to pretend that a fucking cartoon is the reason why you would consider someone an inferior to your "greatness"

>n-no stop lying everyone loved it you just want to hate it

>You could have a rick and morty thread without shitposters flocking to it
You can still have Rick and Morty threads you numbskull, we have those daily whenever someone wants to actually discuss this show. No one is taking that away from you.
But since most threads are either "man this show is shit for reddit" or "this show is too great for you and you just hate it because you are a contrarian", obviously it draws out shitposters and people who have legit issues with the show (which R&M fans pretend don't exist because they think everyone who hates it is just a contrarian).

>what does 'faux geeky' mean?

It means they never watched Rick and Morty and in their imagination it's a cartoon version of shit like Big Bang Theory where the jokes are meant to appeal to pseuds who want to feel smart about how they caught that popsci reference the black science man told them about on nu-Cosmos. In reality, Rick and Morty doesn't have anything to do with actual science. You could have Rick be a wizard and it'd be the same show. The furthest they get with science is saying shit like they built a shrink ray using shrinkonium.

stop shitting on your show Justin, please
it's going to tear this board apart

If you're gonna like or dislike things based on whether or not reddit likes them, I have news for you

>it represents the complete opposite of Sup Forums
a website with actual discussion?

>It pretends to be smart

Except it doesn't do that at all. You've never watched the show.

If this show is 'reddit' humor. Which show would be Sup Forums humor?

As hard as this may be for you to comprehend not everyone likes the same things. Not everyone can get along. Some people are just different. That's the way things are. I dislike this show a great deal. For someone to like this show, that would require them to enjoy those things I dislike a great deal. This indicates that we are very different people.

As for judging them, that's perfectly natural. All human beings form judgements about others. You have formed a judgement about me, and I have formed a judgement about you, based on our limited interaction. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't consider myself to be "great". I'm decidedly normal. Nothing special, there are plenty of people better than me. I just think that people who like that sort of shit are under the curve.

No in particular show. This website hasn't had any discernible culture for quite some time. We're way too fragmented to have any one show represent us.

Not him but, I don't think you can consider the likelihood that someone is "very different" to you based on a television program you have opposing opinions towards.

I don't think it's unreasonable in this instance. True, in most cases I would agree that judging someone based on a cartoon would be somewhat absurd, but this has a pretty specific audience. I feel the appeal is sufficiently limited for my statement not to be ridiculous in this particular instance.

>pretty specific audience.
Normalfags?

It's not just people who browse reddit who happen to like this show, you know.

The writers realized that the show has such a massive fanbase and gets shit on so much that they could actually make it go to shit and the massive fanbase would call anyone who mentions it's decline a "hater" (aka- Jackfag). Because of this they have put almost no effort into the show lately, as seen in the s3e1. Half the jokes were him saying the same thing over and over again, and in one episode he solved every problem of his with almost no effort whatsoever.

The only good thing to come out of the episode was watching the amount of newfags scream and whine over how their show isn't declining and that it's an amazing show and everyone who says it's bad is just a delusional Jackfag.

Adding to that, I don't think it aims to appeal to just them either.

No, not normal fags. Like I said, I consider myself to be pretty normal. You would probably call me a normy if you knew me to be quite frank. And I already said I didn't equate this to Reddit. Reddit has nothing to do with this in my mind. I'm not OP I never drew a connection between the show and Reddit, I just came in here to vent a bit.

I dislike "nihilists". I dislike people who think they are intellectually superior to those around them and compensate for their inadequacies with unsubstantiated pride. I dislike stupid humor, and people who think it's funny.

>I dislike "nihilists". I dislike people who think they are intellectually superior to those around them and compensate for their inadequacies with unsubstantiated pride. I dislike stupid humor, and people who think it's funny.
None of those things come to mind when I think of Rick and Morty fans.

Really? That's the general impression I get from people I've met in person who like the show, people I see talking about it online, and from the few episodes I forced myself to stomach because I don't believe on talking shit about something without forming a first hand opinion based on primary sources. How do you categorize the fanbase then?

I don't tend to care about fanbases. I'd rather watch the show and enjoy it. However, most fans of the show that I've seen and met, just seem to be ordinary people, I guess that's my own categorization of the fanbase.

>I dislike people who think they are intellectually superior to those around them
said user without even a hint of self-awareness as he kept on arguing that everyone that liked this show were "pathetic wastes of flesh" and "under the curve"

>sufficiently limited for my statement not to be ridiculous in this particular instance
>I find it perfectly reasonable to make judgements based on the data I have available to me
you need to take that fedora off, it's changing the way you talk

>pathetic wastes of flesh who's only comfort in life is lying to themselves and creating a false sense of superiority over their "intelligence" and "enlightenment"
projecting much?

and the winner iiiiiiissss......... this guyyyyy

Please be canon please.

>actual discussion in reddit
yeah sure user, keep telling yourself that

>Rick using his brain for actual good shit
Huh. That would be kinda interesting actually.