I loved The Last Jedi save for one thing and that's the death of Luke Skywalker

I loved The Last Jedi save for one thing and that's the death of Luke Skywalker

Why'd the movie have to fake us out like that? First it looks like he's going to be ok and just tricked Kylo Ren but then he dies anyway? At least his sendoff is poetic and a lot better than Han's.

But man, Hamill is so fucking good in the movie, he just owns it and it seems like a wats eot kill him off rather than have "old man Luke" be an ongoing character.

Because the makers of this movie are fucking morons

>I loved The Last Jedi
You're a fucking moron as well

Sorry, I'm a pretty casual Star Wars fan and the movie gave me what I wanted to see, which is a new story, not a rehash.

But I really don't understand the thought process behind killing off Luke fucking Skywalker, I mean Ford didn't want to do it anymore, but Hamill would be up for anything.

Like I said, it's a waste.

The only way I would be ok with his death is if they do a movie of him running the Jedi Academy. I WANT MY KOTOR FEELS GODDAMNIT!!

Now a spinoff with him, that would make it ok, even if they'd have to fudge things a bit due to the timeline and the fact that they couldn't really make him much younger, but I could forgive it, just give us more Luke!

yeah no shit only a casual would like this garbage, anyone who enjoyed the original trilogy and saw it more than a single time would automatically hate this slog

We'll probably find out he had to sacrifice himself to the dark side to pull off the stunt ladadida

>Films can only be appreciated through the meta-narrative of other movies in a franchise.

Sound like you were the pleb all along user.

>ALL THE BOMBERS GOT BLOWN UP BY RICOCHET WOW
>woops I nearly lost the remote! GATCHA
>THEY TRACKED US USING (((NEW TECHNOLOGY)))
>KYLO BEN IS GUNNA KILL HIS MOMMY
>No he's no-
>NO WAIT THE OTHER BAD GUYS WILL GACHA
>OOPS WE BLEW UP EVERY COOL REBEL ALIEN CHARACTER INCLUDING ACKBAR, JUST THE ONE NEW ALIEN ON SCREEN NOW WOW
>Leia survives with magical force powers while unconscious in space that we didn't know she had
>Despite the actor being fucking dead and at least a good place to lose her
>WE NEED TO GO TO VEGAS PLANET TO GET ROD STEWART
>HAHA THEY HAVE GREYHOUNDS HOW MUCH LIKE US THEY ARE
>HAHA HE PUT COINS IN THE ROBOT, I DIDNT KNOW IT HAD A COIN SLOT
>HAHAHAHA THE ROBOT IS NOW SHOOTING THE COINS OUT OF ITS COIN GUN HAHA
>OMG HE JUST BLEW OUT THE SMOKE ON HIS FAKE GUN WITH HIS FAKE BREATH HAHA XXXFUGGEN D

>OMG THIS ISLAND HAS M I N I O N S???

>DUDE WE CAN LIKE SPEAK TO EACH OTHER THROUGH THE C O S M O S MAN, SAVING TIME

>AHAH HES DRINKING BOOB CUM AND ITS G R E E N THAT MEANS ITS SUPER G R O S S
>AH YES THE JEDI BIBLES
>AHHA THE UGLY ISLAND WENCHES ARE DRESSED EXACTLY LIKE HUMAN AMERICAN COLONIALIST BLACK SLAVES, FUGGEN GEDDIT?
>HEY LOOK THE SHINY TROOPER AGAIN
>OH HEY IT DIED CAUSE THE GUY WAS RIGHT BEHIND HER FUKKEN HELL WHOA
>OMG SNOKE GOT KILLED
>OMG THEY SUDDENLY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE FORCE WHEN FIGHTING THESE RED GUYS WHAT ARE THEY GUNNA DOOOO
>FUKKEN GHOST YODA USES THUNDERBOLT HAHA LOOK ITS FUKKEN YODA MAN YODA REMBR HIM THO
>OH LOOK WERE STUCK IN THIS BIG THING BEHIND A WALL
>OH NO THEY HAVE THE FUCKING GROUND CANNON MADE SPECIFICALLY TO BREAK DOWN ALL THESE BIG WALLS PEOPLE HAVE
>ALL BUT ONE OF THESE 13 RUSTBUCKETS BLEW UP OH NO WHATS GUNNA HAPPEN
>OMG LUKE HES FACING ALL THE BATTALIAN GETTIT BECAUSE EARLIER HE SAID HE WOULDNT BUT HES HERE WOW OMG
>OH MY FUCKING GOD IT WAS A RUSE WOW LUKES NOT EVEN HERE HES BLAZING IT ON PLANET WEEDLMAO

>WAIT NO LUKE JUST GOT KILLED BY DARTH AFTERFX

>See them bring back force ghost puppet Yoda
>Still think death is a big deal for a hologram force man.

>>WE NEED TO GO TO VEGAS PLANET TO GET ROD STEWART
kek

The movie is called "The Last Jedi" and is explicitly about letting old things pass on so the new generation and new ideas can take over. Luke had to go for the movie to work.

It's not like he died tragically like Han, this was the gentlest fucking passing you could have gotten from Luke, anyway. He died with a new sense of purpose and it's heavily implied his sacrifice caused a new wave of hope and optimism throughout the galaxy.

>The man who wrote this is likely old enough to vote

I understand all that and it's why I'm willing to forgive it and still like the movie, but Luke is a special character to me, it almost feels like the death of a real person (it doesn't help that Carrie Fisher's real life death was in the back of my mind for the movie), I honestly can't think of the death of a fictional character really feeling this way to me before.

I said I'm a casual fan by which I mean I don't go crazy over minute details, but don't get me wrong, I fucking love me some Luke Skywalker, man.

Rian Johnson is definitely old enough to vote, he's 44.

>Movie 1
Kill Han Solo
>Movie 2
Kill Luke Skywalker
>Movie 3
Kill C3PO and R2D2

>LEIA SURVIVES
WOMEN STRONK

KILL THE PAST

Not anymore she's not, but that's only because of Fisher's real life death, they were definitely going to keep Leia around because muh future is female.

>Kill C3PO and R2D2
This would cross the line. I don't think anybody would forgive them for this.

R2's barely been in the movies 3PO seems like dead weight.

Not that I think they would or should kill them off though.

They both got a scene each in TLJ but yeah neither are particularly relevant at this point. 3PO will probably always be around but I don't see R2 doing anything at all in the next one as he's effectively been replaced by the Deux Ex Machina Action Man Ball Bot.

fuck my sides

i needed those sides

Why would someone expect for Han, Leia and Luke being protagonists of these movies at the first place? Guys are(were) at their 90s. Would you really watch a movie about kickass grannies mowing down legions of Empire all over again? That would be silly.

Even their cameos would be fine and yet films allowed all of them to deliver a few epic and emotional moments (minus the Carrie, but she has managed to deliver emotional moment for us irl last year).

I would have been ok if luke was actually there and we got to see him wreck the fleet with his force god powers

Also why was his saber blue at the end? GREEN MOTHERFUCKER

Luke could have stayed on as the wise old mentor chilling on his island, even if the idea of him kicking ass would be a pipe dream.

But considering what happened with Fisher, maybe it is good that they gave him a good send off.

Fuck you, old man luke is awesome. The force doesn't care how old you are, just ask sheev.

Disney Wars is just a remix of Jaina vs Jacen. See the books if you want to know how to balance a multi generational cast without turning han and Luke into useless cowards and killing them

I feel like there was this exact same thing said about obiwan

But he'll sure gonna stay like a wise mentor. Like a wise space ghost mentor. I bet my salary on that. I bet he'll get much more screentime than Obi-wan back at ep V and VI.

Lets be honest nobody wants to buy toys and posters of some old people on them or robots that look like they were designed 30 years ago.

As a Nerd and a certified resident of Geekdom, as proven by my shelf of months worth of lootcrate figurines and super hero comic books, i approve of killing Luke Skywalker.

Btw milenial falcon was awesome!

But books of UE were pure crap. That's the reason none of those were ever turned into films, cartoons or videogames. Those were like fanfiction in pre-internet era.

>The movie is called "The Last Jedi" and is explicitly about letting old things pass on so the new generation and new ideas can take over.
Except at the end of the movie we are left with Rey as a Jedi (except without any of Luke's doubts or cynicism, who apparently still believes in the Jedi way) and Kylo who, in classic Sith fashion, killed his master and attempted to convert a new apprentice. The movie only upends Star Wars mythology on a surface level.

kek

>implying there won't be an R2D2 and BB-8 side-plot if not an entire spin-off team up movie

>>AHHA THE UGLY ISLAND WENCHES ARE DRESSED EXACTLY LIKE HUMAN AMERICAN COLONIALIST BLACK SLAVES, FUGGEN GEDDIT?
they're dressed like nuns

I was confused as fuck when he just faded away.

Still not sure if that means he's dead or not.

Please Kathleen... No... You don't need to do this...

>it looks like he's going to be ok
EXPECTATION STATUS: SUBVERTED

Also, seing the Yoda actions, ghost Luke may even kick some asses in astral form.

fellow casual fan here. I loved how the movie really tricked me and my expectations, what about you?

i eagerly await the new Lost reboot where they find bb-8 in a hatch

>about letting old things pass on so the new generation and new ideas can take over
they already did that when obi wan and yoda half-trained luke, god dammit he was set up to the harbinger of the new Jedi

>WOW LUKES NOT EVEN HERE HES BLAZING IT ON PLANET WEEDLMAO
hearty kek

Nope, even the mediocre stuff from the EU is better than anything Disney could ever shit out. Get fucked.

I loved it too, it gave me something NEW which was sorely missing from TFA.

how hilarious will it be when Luke doesn't return as a force ghost and we/Rey never learn lesson 3?

Also I bet Disney brings in fore ghost quigon just to frther make us mad

>yfw you realize they took Cade Skywalker's rejection of responsibility and forced it onto Luke

Prediction: Luke is going to come back as a "super" force ghost who can influence the physical reality much like Yoda could.

He'll still be a big part of future movies and may even still be able to fight, he'll just have a blue filter over him.

>fuck my sides
>i needed those sides
your fault for trusting your apprentice Snoke

i was shitposting get fucked bugman. The sad thing is the day I saw it I brought it up in one of my uni classes and this 100% normie bugman told me "it'll surprise you man" and only now do i understand how basic he really is

Deepest lore: what if that green milk really was tasty?

Space ghost Luke is a safest bet for Disney.
1. He can follow Rei everywhere and mentor her in most unappropriate places.
2. They can film the old man in some comfy place and not take him to nature stages.
3. They even may put him in another movies, that happen 50 years after episode VII
4. If the old man dies you don't even have to edit filmed materials. Ghost just stops to reply. And the Rei gonna be "Why did you abandoned me?!" and even gonna grow some more after that.

Don't apologize to this asshole. It just would've been a risky move to keep Luke on. New characters need to be developed, and the transformation of a seasoned Jedi Master would interrupt the pace of the next movie. He's an old man, and this murder balances out the murder of Supreme Leader Snoke.

All the milks on earth taste more or less the same. Some have more fat, others less.
It was a pure unfiltered milk though, so it probably was smelly as hell. Like a goat milk but X10 smellier.

Did the new movie contain token Asian characters to cater to the asian market? Or is Luke considered a ghost and the film is banned in china?

Hey kids, It's Mark Hamill!

[APPLAUSE]

This picture is some Tumblr level of shit.

This post would've described the movies issues perfectly if you didn't go full retard with it.