Rey being a nobody is a brilliant twist because it shows heroes can come from nothing and the force is communist

>Rey being a nobody is a brilliant twist because it shows heroes can come from nothing and the force is communist

I have no problem with Rey not having a family heritage, but there still needs to be an explanation for her already being a master at the Force.
Even chosen ones like Anakin and Luke only had raw potential and still had to train in its use.

I dont really have a problem with Rey coming from nobody but I do have a problem with how the fuck she is so powerful with barely any training

Either make her a Skywalker/Kenobi/Palpeltine or tone her force powers down by 100

>Fans call your shot from a mile away
>Decide the best thing to do is do the opposite because "muh pruhdictability"
>"Your parents were no one ayyyy lmao"
>Suddenly no one cares about your mary sue
>"Let's go ahead and make our two other leads responsible for killing most of their allies"
>56% audience score
>yfw

lmao I've heard pseuds use this argument to defend this piece of shit movie.

the OT and the prequels already established the force is everywhere, all the god tier Jedi on the council were not descendant of other Jedi because Jedi didn't have families. Maybe it wasn't even heredetary, but Anakin is special because he was conceived by the force.

Also Ray didn't earn anything by hard work, she was chosen just like Anakin.

Why do people care about her parents so much again?

>Also Ray didn't earn anything by hard work, she was chosen just like Anakin.
exactly one of the reasons why shes an awful protagonist, has nothing to do with what OP is saying

>the force is communist

What does that even mean? That it's distributed evenly among everyone?

The force is doing it. The force seems to be making things happen in certain ways.

Bloodlines don't matter

But it does

He's A butthurt incel

That just fucks up the lore in Star Wars even more as it implies the force is somehow sentient and not just raw energy.

The force just wants to be balanced and will do things over and over to gain that

no it's not brilliant, but it is why they did it

>MIDICHLORIANS?! FUCK YOU GEORGE FORCE IS SYMBOLICAL AND MAGIC YOU ASSHOLE!

>HOW CAN REY BE A POWERFUL FORCE USER IF SHE HAS NO HERITAGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nothing satisfies you assholes, eh

Star Wars has always been a Skywalker family saga. Anakin, then Luke, and now... Little Ms. Nobody McMarySue.
Unironically not muh star wars

Rey is obviously not human. Proof? just type Daisy Ridley smiling and laughing into youtube.

Good, i don't want you to enjoy it then

soy boy alert

>Anakin is born out of the force, he is space Jesus and that's why he's so powerful. His bloodline matters because Luke and Leia inherited his ability
>Rey. Literal nobody. Even more powerful

It's fine, user. I've already accepted the fact that the new star wars aren't made for me. I don't know who they're for, but it's not me. But that's OK, because I'll always have the original trilogy.

Yeah, it doesn't matter

That's right. Go roll around in that old eu. People are done with you.

Yeah it does because we are already shown bloodlines matter. Disney's "anybody can be a hero anybody can be special" message is shit

No, your parents are shit.

The whole "anyone can be a hero" thing would have been nice if they didn't ruin it with the ending.
>last scene of the movie is literally little kids playing with Star Wars toys
>all those commercials before the movie of little kids dressed up as the characters playing
Can't even be subtle. What is the term for this? Manufactured nostalgia?

The boy was force sensitive

Rey being nobody is good part actualy. Star Wars had that problem where everyone was related despite being set in galaxy with millions of planets.

Now she is still shit, overpowered character but her (lack of) heritage isn't bad part.

It's better than tying her to the Skywalkers or Obi wan or whatever. That shit can get tiring pretty quick. This way, they don't have keep that shit going for future installments. But ya, kind of stupid how they basically avoided that question by just making them convenient nobodies.

>I don't know who they're for
Are you starwars cucks really this thick? Starwars has always been a children's movie. Time to grow up, bucko.

Because the themes of family were part of the story...

>The whole "anyone can be a hero" thing would have been nice

This was always part of Star Wars lore though. Yet pseuds are acting like it was just introduced in this movie..

Hell Luke says he had dozens of students. So they were "anyone".

Everyone starts as nobody

Fluffy Disney princess feel good bullshit that undermines Anakin being the chosen one

Did you miss the thousands of Jedi in the prequels?

Yes "anyone" could become a Jedi as long as they had proper force sensitivity. This was always part of Star Wars lore.

However Ray isn't "anyone", she's a chosen one similar to Anakin

Manufactured attachment to a brand name. Instead of naturally growing attachment to something, Disney is forcing it.

This shit is Star Wars and YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE IT

You aren't the chosen one

>i want everyone to be a secret skywalker

>please, i don't wanna like anything

Because it was built up as being important in TFA, and it was basically the only thing left that could possibly explain why she's so good at everything with no training. Now even that's gone so she is good at everything with no training for no reason at all.

No?

NOT ANYONE CAN JUST BE A CHOSEN ONE RETARD. THEYRE ALL SKYWALKERS. FUCK OFF LITTLE DISNEY BITCH SHILL

To know why is she so powerful

>i need to know why a girl is powerful

Wow, no

People only assumed she was a Skywalker in a vain attempt to explain why she knows how to do things she has never learned to do. Even that wouldn't make sense because Anakin himself had no knowledge of the force, only the natural precognition that force sensitivity gives you to an unusually high level. It wasn't even a theory to explain away her Mary Sue shit, just to try and bridge the gap a little bit as to why the fuck she knows everything about everything at all times.

Lol, yes

Luke is just as much of a Garry Stu

Not gonna bother to see the next one

Not this shit again.

woah

Good, you're not allowed anymore anyway.

shes woman dude. powerful

It's the truth

star wars is literally a family drama, why didnt they just make their own scifi IP if they didnt want to do star wars?

Yeah, got his shit pushed in constantly and had to practice and shit. Literally Ray.

What if she's a bastard child of sheev? Left to rot on the middle of nowhere (jakku)

Ok George

I love characters that start as nobodies, if a character is a chosen one or only has power because of his bloodline it diminishes their accomplishments to me.

Yeah, paired with actually earning their keep instead of everything falling from heavens for them.

Jedi didn't have families but they did have sex. That's why Qui Gon asked Shmi about his father, to see if he did have some ancestry that would explain his absurdly high force concentration. The Skywalkers heavily imply that it is heritable.

The thing that the new trilogy overlooks is the fact that you can be super strong in the force, but you don't actually know how to work with the force like a Jedi, or command the force like the Sith, without training. It's a mixture of knowledge of the force, connection with the force, and skill at using a technique. Rey being massively precognitive and intuitive makes sense, but her ability to do particular techniques makes no sense at all. The prequel Jedi could yank lightsabers back to them like it was nothing because they spend every waking moment since they were babies in an intensive training camp, and the rest of their adolescence apprenticing under a highly trained master.

Are you serious?

Ray maybe didn't have power because of her bloodline , but she had power because of destiny or the force.

She did not train for decades atop a mountain to become the most powerful Jedi, she was born that way because balance of the force.

>The Skywalkers heavily imply that it is heritable.

Anakin is force jesus, that's why his seed is so strong.

Nowhere in any of the prequels is it made clear that it's hereditary.

No, there needs to be an explanation for her being the protagonist in the fucking Skywalker saga.
Anyone can be a Jedi if you have the gift, that's been established forever.
If you want a random force user make another story. The numbered stories are the Skywalker saga. And no, Kylo Ren doesn't fucking count, he's the antagonist you fucking retards.

George, it's over

This kinda.

Obi Wan was mediocre tier Jedi, yet he was able to beat Anakin because of his control , experience and training.

How is that even remotely related to communism?

>She did not train for decades atop a mountain to become the most powerful Jedi, she was born that way because balance of the force.

Doesn't work that way man. Anakin was a vergence in the force itself and the only apparent difference in ability he had compared to a normal person was he was unusually intuitive and seemed to have inhuman reflexes because of passive precognition.

Luke nobody suspected anything except for the fact that he was a good Bush Pilot.

Rey possesses complex mechanical knowledge, advanced combat flying skills, lightsaber dueling skills, and the ability to do advanced force techniques that take decades of practice to learn, all without even knowing what the force is.

You're actually right that it's not made absolutely clear, however it is HEAVILY implied. Qui gon asked about Anakin's parentage to see if he could explain it that way. Leia is also force sensitive to a similar degree of Luke because she's his twin sister. Obi Wan hid Luke and Leia presumably because Anakin knew they might have the power to destroy him, implying he knew they would be a threat to him, the logical conclusion of which is that he knew they would be comparably force sensitive.

Yeah, I'm pretty much a nobody so I can kind of semi relate to her.
She still has it easy though, being a female and having all those thirsty deltas helping her throughout the entire journey..

Honestly it's kind of unrelatable but still way better than the archtypical white dude. I'm a fan of hers but only within the context of the movie.

Rei is a good character to represent the franchise. Also without Finn it would all fall flat.. that sort of makes up for those scenes where Rei has overpowered abilities, that really cheapens the brand.
Male protags in recurring movies had to suffer through arduous training, it's part of the process that endears them to fans. Hollywood honkies tend to let their female protags cut corners

I think this is what pisses many people off more than anything.

The force could always pick someone else. Bloodlines have to begin somewhere.

>however it is HEAVILY implied.
I didn't get that at all. I assumed all the pupils were children that were force sensitives, and they were either given to the order as Orphans or the order just sought them out.

> Qui gon asked about Anakin's parentage to see if he could explain it that way.
He asked so it can be established that Anakin is force jesus.

>Leia is also force sensitive to a similar degree of Luke because she's his twin sister.

Yes because she's the daughter of force jesus.

>Obi Wan hid Luke and Leia presumably because Anakin knew they might have the power to destroy him

Maybe he checked their medichorians lool

If it was normal for Jedi to have children anakin and padme wouldn't freak out so baddly.

Anakin says they will expell him from the order. So no Jedi didn't have children the kids were all random force sensitives trough the galaxy

I prefer Rey being unrelated to everyone instead of being another Skywalker. I just want her to actually need training, or have previous training, or something to explain why she can levitate an avalanche when Yoda struggled with rocks.

Luke stole the island to make it a force that steals everyone's money. True.

Maybe it's a choice.

Like Jedi has a higher percentage to produce a higher force sensitive child. But taking a lover and having sex or even having a child leads to emotional connections that will destroy the Jedi. So it's forbidden to have them

The pupils are force sensitive children identified via blood tests at birth, who are then taken by the Jedi Order at a certain age. Nothing suggests it's exclusively heritable, but it does seem to be heritable.

>He asked so it can be established that Anakin is force jesus.

Nah, he says verbatim. "QUI-GON : The Force is unusally strong with him, that much is clear. Who was his father?" Nothing implies he's looking for some unlikely force jesus until after he learns the boy had no father. That's what gets him looking into the idea.

>Yes because she's the daughter of force jesus.

That's heredity.

>Maybe he checked their medichorians lool

I'm sure Obi Wan did. Of course, Vader wouldn't be concerned about his kids surviving to destroy him if he wasn't concerned with the force being hereditary.

Nah they were concerned about people finding out because the council would expel him for being that attached to her. That said, the force still appears to be hereditary on some level.

>being anobody
>at least as strong in the force as SpaceJesus

because shes a woman, aka the most powerful being in existence u stupid drumpfkin

>the force is female
Where did this shit come from? Just Sup Forums says this right?

>Darkness rises and light to meet it

Snoke explains that through some weird quirk Rey and Kylo Ren are connected. The deeper Kylo goes into the Dark Side, the more Rey's power on the light side grows.

>men work hard and has to make sacrifices to attain anything
>women are given all the fruits of mens labor because it's fair and balanced
Man this movie is getting more and more red pilled by the moment