It is about time important matters were addressed in movies i mean it's 2017

It is about time important matters were addressed in movies i mean it's 2017

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20171217203321/https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

web.archive.org/web/20171217203321/https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/12/star-wars-last-jedi-laura-dern-admiral-holdo-listen-to-women

>Another star shit thread

>An eerily perfect installment for the post-trump era

1.they spelled instalment wrong
2.when are they going stop speaking like this, It doesn't make sense

I love this argument because it paints TLJ as a product of its time without nothing else going for it.

>mansplaining
I fucking love this word. It's funny for some reason to me.

>web.archive.org

lmao keyboard crusaders all up on this board today

But by in large, The Last Jedi’s examination of gender politics does fit into this trilogy’s message that the true heirs to the power in this universe are not white men like Hux and Kylo but women and people of color.

Sorry you don't get your page clicks sweatie

I'm fucking bewildered why there is so much people using TLJ as platform for feminism and criticizing or saying it's shitty is equivalent saying feminism is shit.

>makes click bait
>spams it rights away on Sup Forums
>hopes they will google search for hits or just forgot to provide the link
>someone posts archive
>omg why are you not giving me ad revenue or page clicks!! I NEED MY HAPPY HOLIDAYS BONUS

What the fuck is mansplaining

When are we just going to murder feminists?

>2.when are they going stop speaking like this
In a couple of years, maybe more
Everything made in UK is labeled "post-Brexit" at least once

I'd tell you, but in case you're a woman, it would qualify as mansplaining.

It's when you mansplain to your boss that you don't want to go on a suicide mission without knowing why

Gee, I fuckin' wonder why that might be.

Why did America decide to go full retard right now? Couldn't you assholes wait like 30 years till I become old and senile and then shit yourself?

They're gonna kill themselves since net neutrality is repealed.

Sup Forums accelerated the Jewish timetable by forcing their hand.

wtf...

Its like when your girlfriend takes an over sized screw driver to a plug socket and starts mashing where there screws are to try and take the face plate off because she seen it "make a spark" when plugging in her iphone

and you shout at her and tell her she can't do that and that she needs to switch it off at the mains and you then explain where the mains box is and she gets really upset because she doesn't understand why she has to do that

I hope you remembered to post this to /r/kotakuinaction.

>society collapsed
>world in ruins
>niggers and muslims have all women in cages as sex slaves
>neo-feminist: "hmm maybe i should have addressed the minor faults of western civilization differently"

And they say there is no agenda in Hollywood holy shit

LISTEN & BELIEVE

you are not making any sense now

>a woman reflecting on her actions

Nah, your article's not even worth Reddit's time.

Like you don't cringe when bearded hipsters step on everybodies feet to look competent by talking like a waterfall. Mansplaining is a real thing but it's not just men talking about stuff it's explaining things you assert the other person doesn't know so you look superior.

Go ahead. Tell me you never saw a little twink do this to impress his female friend around, or that you didn't find it annoying and cringey.

Those bitches all have great tits.

I seriously have never experienced the phenomenon of "mansplaining" and I think anyone who believes it exists has some kind of paranoid or borderline personality disorders.

>twink

If he would be really a twink, I would be fucking him

>galaxy far far away
>mansplaining
christ.

Lol isn't Star Wars supposed to be built on the Monomyth / Hero's Journey?

In what part of all the ancient myths of the world is there a stern lesson against "mansplaining"?

This is the woman who gave us the term "mansplaining" by the way. I actually like some of her non-feminist-themed books okay.

Kinda cute, looks like an aging Luna Lovegood.

She looks like a murderer psycopathic bitch

When does any of that happen in TLJ though?

Is the Force female because like women it doesn't make sense?

Shocking

When obi wan tells them about the time they could use the force as a weapon to move things faster than light and could destroy ships

Don't mansplain the force Luke.
Glad yoda burned that toxic male Jedi tree. Take that patriarchy.

The article really has nothing to do with mainsplaining and doesn't mention it. It seems to just be an incredibly flawed interpretation of Holdo's subplot.

Joanna asserts that Poe distrusts Holdo because she is a woman in a dress. This is asinine because he deeply respects Leia who is also a woman in a dress.

She mistakes his stubbornness for sexism.

You can all go home now.

>implying a man would ever want to talk to her, even if it was to tell her she's wrong

>I wasn't paying attention
Rey took the books. They're on the Falcon.

"Those books contain no wisdom the girl does not already possess" was Yoda fucking with Luke and is why he started laughing.

I've flipped through her book that gave us 'manspaining' called Men Explain Things to Me. The premise is actually kind of reasonable; basically a minor annoyance smart women do deal with sometimes. In her case she is pretty damn bright and has published several books, some of them good imo.

The event in question I think I recall that particularly stood out for her was when she was chatting with a guy one time, who was flirting with and obviously trying to impress her. They were talking about some subject that happened to be a subject of a book she'd written, and the guy quoted her own book to her not realizing it was hers. When she pointed this out he didn't realize what she was saying and continued explaining it to her.

Which sure is kind of annoying and I can understand actually how she'd be insulted by that, as a mind, and feel it's partly due to her being a woman. My mom has described in the past how in her work sometimes douchey businessmen will come and try to tell her things she would know more than them about. I can understand that.

My only issue with it though is that the phenomenon is just kind of an unavoidable feature of sexual difference. Women do certain things to impress or attract men, and similarly men try in different ways to impress a woman; if she's smart, they might try to impress her with things they know. Maybe it can seem patronizing, but I think it's generally innocent, nothing to get so worked up about to make it this huge buzztopic that entire thinkpieces and film criticisms are based on.

Retarded wojack came just in the right time for nu-starwars

I think she's pretty. She's like in her 50s now. I don't know, I always liked those vaguely hippie-ish art professor type chicks.

Conde Nast is a less entertaining Gawker.
Its almost at the Vox level of pay for play Soros venue.

Men are half the population, and whites are a sizable portion as well. If we just take away the power from all men don't they just become the oppressed class?

These are real female problems...

I have no idea how you fucking yanks somehow make everything about Trump,Hillary,Russia and the election.

her fleet getting erased is a good thing I assume

Sharia

>"of" has its own line
how do you fuck up typesetting this bad

>mansplaining

No one's said this for at least a year. This is old shit. Not even SJWs give this the time of day any more.

t. Phd in sjw studies
Get a life

What did they mean by this?

It's a fucking kids film, stop this madness!

It's a Nike campaign. They get paid for this while you complain for free

What madness?

The madness of turning a kids film into a liberal movement

>women get paid for doing nothing of value

No surprise there

>How does advertisement work
You sure showed them.

>kinda cute
Please leave your house, user. Get some fresh air.

(OP)

How can this woman be a writer if she doesn't know how to spell properly?

>as pure as the driven salt
The point of the "driven snow" idiom is that it isn't pure. gg vanity fair editors.

Who the fuck reads this sites, like who? Teens? Soccer moms?
Humanity was a mistake

>you're mansplaining
>what? No I'm not
>See? There he goes again

It's the "Do your friends know you beat your wife?" of feminist rhetoric

>Who the fuck reads this sites
People who get replies on Sup Forums.

I like the term "mansplaining". It's like women subconsciously admit only men can explain things. You don't have "mannagging" or "manbitching".

>post-Trump era
Aren't we currently in the Trump era, wouldn't post-Trump be after his mandate?

In greek, "force" is feminine, I'll give you that.

It's when a feminist hears something, anything, that she doesn't like.

Are writers/journalists getting dumber by the year?

She writes like a tumblr idiot sperging out in a chat. Why would an editor approve of this?
Even if I agreed I would be like:
>"Can you write coherently, and like an adult please, this won't do, this isn't your wordpress."

So is in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and in most gendered languages

Interesting point.

Theyre mental midgets mate. stop expecting sense.

It's a really weird mix between stream-of-consciousness-writing and those "10 STOCK MARKET TIPS THE RICH BANKERS DONT WANT YOU TO KNOW ABOUT" -turbo-clickbait articles.

>Why would an editor approve of this?

Because they're just trying to make money with clicks, it's not about any kind of ethics or quality in journalism... and at the same time all this is kind of weaponized at the larger larger military-industrial level, establishing a pretty consistent neoliberal narrative / party line, which 'leftist' politics completely supplement.

Good post.

>manslaining

Movies are supposed to be about entertainment and not ideological brainwashing

>it's explaining things you assert the other person doesn't know so you look superior.
I had a dyke lecturer in my university do this to me, she told me I pronounced hegemony wrong and asserted it was hegenomy and I looked at the girl next to me and she was just as confused as I was since she was wrong.
Whenever she asked shit about 2001, I would talk about it and then she'd wave me off and say the exact same thing with different words
wtf was I mansplained?!

Jesus fucking Christ, there's a word for that already; it's called being condescending. Feminists just make up words by adding any noun to 'splaining' to try to give themselves the moral high ground and to silence opposition.

>why there is so much people using tlj as platform....
Learn Grammer and English, then maybe you can understand the more complex aspects of a culture before pretending you understand.

okay sweetie.
well done though user, your post was spot on and it's a shame how a simple dialog on the matter just didn't suffice and how it's ended up becoming a method of inciting naive beliefs in students and baiting people for clicks

When you are a man and explain something. Because you're a man it's bad. Even if you're a teacher.

It's not just being condescending though. It's about the intent of asserting yourself by belittling others. I agree mansplaining is a retarded term I'm just pointing out the phenomenon exists

The same way you fucking pommies make everything about Brexit.

>smart women

>mansplaining

nag...nag....nag

>says it's not just about being condescending
>proceeds to explain the definition of condescending

user, call it whatever the fuck you want, but it's not a phenomenon, it's just being a disrespectful asshole; something of which both genders are more than capable.

This. I literally had a gf who wanted to ban the word "nag", but was all over "mansplaining."

I suppose the irony is lost on them.

>stop explaining shit to me, stop giving arguments that destroy my idiotic beliefs
>I HAVE A VAGINA, IT MAKES ME ALWAYS RIGHT HURR DURR

The state of modern women....

>mansplaining
When your opponents can do nothing but resort to ad hominem, you know you're winning.