“Those books held nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess”

“Those books held nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess”.

He meant it literally, didn’t he?

yes.

Yoda should never say Rey

Considering she stole and probably already read them, yeah.

He meant that she has the books on the Falcon but was being facetious to Luke. That's why he burnt it down when Luke was going to go inside and do it anyways- Luke would have seen that the books were gone.

Even Yoda acted out of character in TLJ.

just like libcucks denying race differences

Luke needed the pep talk and seeing the tree burn, it was nice to see him sperging out when Yoda goes back to behaving like his master.

What? This is the most in-character he’s been in actual decades.

Nigger

>girl
>not woman
What did Yoda mean by this?

why are you like this

why are you soft? grow some skin shitskin

makes no sense, he would say the library holds nothing Rey doesn't already possess

Did Sup Forums like Yoda being in this movie or was it fanservice?

I'm amazed Obi didn't show up

dumb redditor, she took those books with her

Even if it was the case, why would a jedi master burn down a tree? Its just... whatever I dont even care anymore.

>assuming Rey's pronouns

Luke thought everything was still in that tree and was stcuk in whether the knowledge should be kept or not.
Yoda gave him the answer he needed.

What the fuck do you think I was saying

He meant “she already possesses these things” literally, as in she has the traits, but also has the books.

Obi's probably busy gloating that he has the high ground over Anakin.

Also, it's great that TLJ Yoda's actually a puppet instead of CGI. Really captures the OT Yoda feel.

It’s accentuated by Yoda being a fucking trickster cunt like in the OT, instead of a diplomatic sword swinging badass like in the PT.

Ewan McGregor is a big star wars fan who would have loved to come back as well and the voice over in TFA made me think he will appear at some point. Would be odd if Yoda turns up but other force ghosts don't

absolute truth

>knocks Luke on his head

I love trollin-rollin Yoda so much.
Not that badass Yoda's bad, but senilesque Yoda has so much more personality.

lol no

>Really captures the OT Yoda feel
lol. the puppet was a total botch job. it was embarrassing

i also don't remember yoda setting shit on fire in the ot

Alec Guiness has been dead for over 15 years.

>I'm amazed Obi didn't show up
Why? Alec Guinness is dead.

>i also don't remember yoda setting shit on fire in the ot
Remind me, how long was Yoda a Force Ghost in the OT?

holy shit, he probably actually saw the phantom menace

you have to be a ghost to set shit on fire?

so was tarkins actor

>not expecting disney to reanimate his corpse using their creepy CGI

Why is everyone cool with their Jedi order going extinct save for only one random girl.

>jazzed up Force Ghost form
>weak tired wornout physical form

because the jedi are bad guys now
so if yoda was physically strong when he was alive he would have been burning shit left right and center?

implying luke was a jedi and not just some bumblefuck seeing things.

literally the antichrist, Pope Francis tier

Am I the only one that dislikes Rey's name? Sounds like a mexican singer, not a female jedi.

it is

>original trilogy
>the force is space buddhism

>prequels
>the force is midichlorian bacteria or something

>postquels
>the force is something you study and take an exam on better take notes haha

>Rey is Mexican for king
>NOSOTROS LOS REYES

>implying not a really well done trap

I'm constantly reminded of a better Rey from a better series.
asuka a best, rey a second best

What is the point of this movie?
Seriously it seems like the only people that are gonna like this have seen the OT and are fine with the liberties taken with the characters.
I can't imagine someone who's only seen TFA appreciating all the retarded shit in the movie.

"New rubbish dialogue reaches me every other day on wadges of pink paper, and none of it makes my character clear or even bearable"
It's well known that Guinness hated Star Wars with every fibre of his being. There's no way he'd have seen TPM.

Teach me about da FORCE, i'm going to TURN i can feel the CANFLICT, help me TURN Kylo Ren.
Yong Ray the FORCE is STRONK oi winter is coming master Louke

If you grew up with the prequels and Clone Wars cartoons where he's always angry and frowning maybe

This

>>postquels
what did he mean by this?

daily reminder that the reason people hate TLJ is because it jumps straight back to the OT thematically and ignores or actively shits on every single thing ever made after ROTJ including books, movies, tv shows, or games and that these retarded manchildren (and genuine children) who like Star Wars post 1983 are mad at seeing their shit called outright

>Also, it's great that TLJ Yoda's actually a puppet instead of CGI.
The puppet was way worse than the puppet used in Empire Strikes Back.

>Considering she stole and probably already read them, yeah.
>read them
>implying Rey read all of the jedi sacred texts over a couple days and instantly understood their content
>not realizing that this just makes Rey more of a Mary Sue

>original movie the force is shitting on religion.
>sequels it's lol space magic with buddhism attached.

Yeah, how come nobody says "woman" anymore ?

stop

>stop, the truth hurts!

This, he acted like a true Zen master

He did

The full line is

"Oh. Read them, have you? Page-turners they were not. Yes, yes, yes. Wisdom they held, but that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess."

Imagine being such a retard that the fact that a fantasy action-adventure movie didn't feature hours of the protagonist doing homework enrages you

I hate they racebent Storm

underrated post

No he wasn't. It seemed like Rian saw Yoda trolling Luke and thought thats actually what Yodas like

So true. I missed insane, goofy Yoda. He is so humorless in the prequels.

Don't they show the books sitting there in that scene, though?

He was only goofy when he was trying to dupe Luke.

That is what Yoda is like famalam

Could this post be any less correct?
There's very little to like about TLJ. Yes, the EU being shitted on is bad. I can only imagine how that meeting went.
>Hey you know those fans that have been worshipping the series for decades and dumping billions into Star Wars merchandise?
>Yeah?
>Let's give em a big FUCK YOU. We don't WANT your billions. We want the easily-distracted, flash-in-the-pan audience! Why entertain generations when you can have a big opening weekend?
But the movie doesn't "jump straight back to the OT thematically". Even though it's copying scene-for-scene the OT, the THEMES are completely fucking off. The OT had interesting alien characters. The ONLY aliens introduced in TLJ was some mute motherfucker that best-boyed Poe on the mutiny and the force nuns on Luke's island that you probably already forgot about. The themes of TLJ were
>huhrrr animal cruelty
>duhhhrrrr force is for everyone, not just the people that care about it and use it to keep the galaxy free from oppression
>a leader isn't losing a bombing fleet to take out 25% of the enemy's firepower
>a leader is about losing 80% of what's left of your fleet to chicken out at the last minute and make their sacrifices completely meaningless!
Not even getting into the whole
>Why didn't a single robot-piloted X-wing just hyperdrive through the Death Star in New Hope?
bullshit. What a grand league chew fuckup of storytelling and bullshittery that was. Just fuck my space battles up, Senpai. But since when did Star Wars have meaningful space battles?

except he drops the crazy hermit act when luke realises who he actually is

>>Hey you know those fans that have been worshipping the series for decades and dumping billions into Star Wars merchandise?
>>Yeah?
>>Let's give em a big FUCK YOU. We don't WANT your billions. We want the easily-distracted, flash-in-the-pan audience! Why entertain generations when you can have a big opening weekend?

This.
I think (((Disney))) realized that millions and millions of people that will see the movie twice and buy an epic graphic tee and plushie are more valuable that a few thousand that will read the books religiously and pay a few hundred for a collectable saber

He doesn't drop it completely. He's still jovial in episode 6 and not the angry cultist from the prequels

Because Luke needed to be duped and was an easy target. He also spent 20+ years alone in that swamp, he genuinely did lose it a bit.

SCOTTISH COCKSUCKER

he has one scene in jedi and it's a somber death scene

the prequels are irrelevant to the discussion

He does goofy muppet laughing and shit on his literal deathbed

"When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm"
Yoda's last scene in ROTJ

>somber death scene
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ni32sxdjCY

how is that goofy? playing with the torch and hitting artoo with his cane is goofy

It's not completely somber. He still laughs and has lines like

The point is that Yoda quipping and making light-hearted jokes at Luke's expense is completely in-character. The only reason it looks weird it because you're thinking about it through the lens of the prequels bullshit.

that's still not the same as when he's pretending to be a crazy imp
i hate the prequels and basically block them from my mind. they got yoda even more wrong

>that's still not the same as when he's pretending to be a crazy imp
Nor is his acting in episode 8

They always called Luke a boy in the OT when Yoda and Obi Wan talked about him. "The boy was our last hope"

maybe it's just the botched puppet making it look that way

Or maybe it's just you being a retard and/or contrarian

Eh, I thought the puppet was fine in the theatre. It looks worse in the camrip screenshots than it actually is

nah i'm pretty sure it's the embarrassingly bad puppet, with it's wrong colour, pursed lips, huge overbite and limited expression

They just wanna make people feel special because they're "part of pop culture history now cause they saw Star Wars"

>people expecting prequels Yoda

Yup. Crazy old coot Yoda is best Yoda.

Everyone else seems to understand the puppet's expressions just fine

because most of the audience (like yourself) doesn't give a shit about details, quality and consistency

these movies have unlimited budgets, resources and access to the best talent in the business, yet they can't make a puppet as good or as faithful as those made by fans in their spare time (pic related). it's embarrassing and unacceptable

>The only reason why I didn't get it and everyone else did is because everyone else is an idiot

why are people like you so protective of these new movies, even when their flaws (like the botched puppet) are so clearly apparent?

>implying Ep 1’s puppet isn’t even more botched
Come on now

it was but that doesn't make tlj's puppet acceptable

Rey doesn't need to be mantaught

because the movies are feminist propaganda meant to brainwash and emasculate boys. stop denying the truth

I just find it amusing how you deflected from your complete misunderstanding of a zany character from a kids movie to the mechanics of a puppet prop

i didn't feel like discussing it any more