Why is it so FUCKING long

Why is it so FUCKING long

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2VE29dteQjI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ikr? i left it unfinished halfway too.

> DUDE VILLAGE DEFENSE WITHOUT CHARACTER DEPTH LMAO

Kurosawa is a plebtier genre director, no idea how he managed to be as famous as he is.

Cause now there's seven of them

he made epic cowboy pew pew movies

Are you baiting?

*fucks your wife*

life's just too short

They hadn't invented pacing yet back then

tell me which scenes would you remove, plebman

I'm watching it right now at the intermission point

I feel like I could've fit more quality kino into the time I had free to watch movies today instead of this borefest. I get he was the first to do this and had knock on effects for the medium of film but I'm not living in the 50s

I found the pacing fine, pacing has nothing to do with how long the story is, just the rate at which plot points occur

He wanted audiences to savor the kino

Of the Kurosawa movies I've seen:

Ran > Ikiru > Yojimbo > Kagemusha > Seven Samurai

I was severely disappointed by SS

Why do all the japs in this movie look more caucasian or even black. Hardly any real slit eyes they all have quite big eyes desu and toshiro mifune basically has hair so thick it could he an afro

Yes, you could’ve watched one 2hr30min capeshit movie

Big fan of the soundtrack

Haven't seen any kurosawa and working my way through everything i haven't seen in the Top 250, if SS is the worst why is it the highest rated movie for fuck sake I wanted a good movie.

It's the same instrument over and over again nothing brilliant. BR2049 had a better soundtrack

seven samurai is lit

Where is Throne of Blood?

What? It's one of few very old movies that still hold up greatly. Even my ultranormie brother sat through it and said it's a great movie.

Haven't seen it yet. Kurosawa has a lot of films and at my current rate I'm doing a new foreign film every month

I'm not sure why it's beloved by some people more than other Kurosawa films like Ran. He has better samurai films like Yojimbo

Are all of Kurosawa's movies as long as seven samurai?

I think it's americans inflating it because it inspired The Magnificent Seven

Rashomon is 1h 30m
Druken Angel 1h 38m
And those on top of my head

Ran is long af but it's an epic, Yojimbo is 1:50

Lotta plebs in this thread. No one has named any scenes which should have been cut. The 3 hours is justified because it's all good shit and it has a fantastic payoff.

that's what she said

> Ran is long af
It's 2:40, sure it's long but not absurdly so. Seven Samurai is an hour longer.

I love slow movies like this. I loved Lawrence of Arabia a lot too. It makes me have more time to contemplate the movie as I'm watching it not just as big boom boom rush and I have to think afterwards.

Assuming there is a lot to contemplate and there is. I can't think of any other getting the band together movies like this that aren't failures to live up to this, but I understand not everyone has my patience or willingness to dig for old gems.

Doesn't need to be cut it's just a stupidly long ass movie it even has an intermission in it

12 angry men is kinda slow but exposition heavy, more like a play rather than a movie with beautiful scenes. I liked the pacing in that desu it all mounts up in the last 30 minutes.

It's a short movie that feels long.

You think that's long?

I sat through Last Jedi twice in a row but I couldn't even make it an hour through this it was so boring.

Hahaha 1/10 bait.

>It's the same instrument over and over again
wut?
Main theme has winds, bamboo sticks and a piano. There are themes with strings and chorus. And Kikuchiyo's theme even has a fucking saxophone.

>It's the same instrument over and over again
i don't know how to differentiate my ass from my elbow: the post
youtube.com/watch?v=2VE29dteQjI

this thread

I've sat through Last Jedi eleven times in a row but I couldn't even make it 15 minutes through that it was so boring.

I hate guys like you. You probably haven't even seen more than seven samurais and think you're a "japanese movie connoisseur" now.
Kurosawa has made some great movies (like Ran), but seven samurais isn't one of them, it's just the most well known. It's not taboo to say that, you fucking mind police cunt.

>I didn't' read any of the thread and only saw this single post
There were plenty of plebs who post before the user who you responded to. His picture of was accurate. Also that's some nice projection.