Rick

>Rick
>Sanchez

Is he a Mexican?

>only mexicans can have mexican surnames
eso es racist

Probably. But the creators can't reveal it because the show will lose ratings

Well, he has Mexican ancestors, and to be honest, his skin is a bit brownish.

Also that explains the alcoholism.

he could be from any other latino country, he could even be spaniard american from an old stock family

mexican intellectual. its a meme

I always thought Sanchez was a pseudonym. Not that i have a problem with Rick being latino, i just think its a stupid name that he probably thought up off the top of his head.

He probably has some stupid scifi name like Rick Quasar or some shit, and thought
>god i gotta fit in. Rick s-Sanchez *burp* yeah. Ariba, tequila, or something.

Having a Spanish last name doesn't necessarily make you Latino, it's the fifth most common surname in Spain.

It makes you hispanic, dumbass. How come americunts are so fucking retarded regarding race?

No one questions that he could also be a flip? Those fuckers use spanish last names like nothing.

Because hispanics keep calling themselves latino.

To be fair, hispanics and latinos share a lot of the same people. It's just that hispanics exclude brazillians and latinos exclude people from spain.

I always figured that it was just chosen as a potential dirty joke.

He could but Mexicans are the most common Hispanic ethnicity in the US and are the default Hispanic character in Hollywood so it's an educated guess.

I guess it's possible but according to google Sanchez is not a common Filipino last name.

Hispanic implies mestizo, not southern european.

But let's be realistic. They started with the characters and the situation first, then added biographies as an afterthought.

The show started from Doc and Marty, going to Rick and Morty.

Rick can be a nickname for Richard or short for Ricardo, but the showmakers seem to have gone with Ricardo.

By word association, that leads to a Spanish surname, which the American writers would mainly associate with Mexico.

So yes, he is "Mexican," not that the writers have any interest in telling the story of the Mexican-American experience. He is basically a white american with a word-associated foreign name.

>his skin is a bit brownish
you need glasses

also, who's to say that Sanchez isn't his ex-wife's last name and he took it
he doesn't like the type of person who'd care about who takes who's last name

Europe spics are as bad if not worse than mexicans.

>Also that explains the alcoholism.
so beth is mexican too?

shes her daughter user

>Spics
>Smart

C.K Louis is, so I guess anything is possible.

One drop of mexican blood makes you mexican.

I believe this

>brownish
where?

Well yea, obviously.

Not the other guy but everybody else is a lot more pale/pink toned, he's kinda ashy beige. Whether that's POC representation or just to highlight the fact that he's an elderly alcoholic covered in filth is another matter, though.

Is for the arab blood mixed with radical catholicism, Insha'Allah!

In the DVD commentary for the episode with Unity the creators said that Rick is definitely meant to be hispanic, but they think his cultural background and heritage aren't relevant to the story.

I don't think we're really going to get much more info than that. It doesn't seem like it effects him much as a character at all.

I mean it's edgy but Rick barely cares about humanity and Earth, I doubt he stretches further to caring about specific countries

Makes sense.

Who the fuck cares? Not Rick, that's for sure. Probably barely considers himself human, much less any particular race. He hangs out with aliens all the time, race probably doesn't mean jack dick to you if you've done that for a while.

>Probably barely considers himself human, much less any particular race.
He barely even considers alternate universe versions of himself as being Ricks. It is hard enough for him to show affection to his own grandchildren, and allegedly all the other Ricks in other universes couldn't even care about Morty.

>Hispanic implies mestizo, not southern european.
Do Americans actually put this much effort in being this retarded