Man I didn't expect that from that IMDb description. What a fucking wild ride...

Man I didn't expect that from that IMDb description. What a fucking wild ride. First genuinely good horror film that's come out in years even though the ending kinda confused me.
'
Discuss.

Its not a horror film. What the fuck.
Its just some pretentious piece of shit. Jennifer Lawrence was an awful choice cause she can‘t act at all. Terrible Performance.

Killing of a Sacred Deer is 10000x better and even a better „horror film“ by your dumb definition.

>it's not a horror film
If you didn't feel uncomfortable throughout the entirety of this movie you might need to see if you're on the spectrum. I haven't watched killing of a sacred deer yet so can't comment.

>uncomfortable implies horror

???. Are you a little baby making its first steps into pretentious art kino or what?

be prepared for the butthurt jlaw haters to shill this thread with bullshit

I am a little baby making his first steps into "art kino". If you didn't see this film as horror then I'd like to request you to keep watching your cheap jumpscare shit.

I hate jlaw too but I liked this a lot.

This film was fucking ruined by the director explaining everything in interviews, although if you got one thing from the "symbolism", it became disgustingly obvious how blatant the shit that was supposed to be left for interpretation was. Pretentious is the perfect word for this film.

This is true. I got some bible vibes from the start so I decided to look it up to confirm and after I read the first 2 visitors were supposed to be adam and eve it all got very obvious.

Unsettling/Uncomfortable doesnt its HORROR.

Are you retarded? By your definition basically every out of the box movie is horror. What are you even saying?

Then what the fuck is horror by your definition my kino connoisseur?

The Witch for example.

You see some movies contain elements of Horror Movies such as mother!. That doesnt make it a Horror Movie. Just like its not a romantic comedy even though it contains scenes you‘d see in a romcom. Its also not a family drama or pure thriller alone.
Its just pretentious art shit for the sake of being pretentious art shit. The directing or even cinematography isn‘t even anything special. Its just mediocre all around. So much wasted potential in that movie. Sad!

ahahahaaaahee, lots of things i don't understand happened. HeEHeehdhe wild ride hahaaahaghaaggagdhdjcneuud!!!

>Sad!
Yeah alright nice meme there. To me Mother! didn't just have horror elements. I'm gonna guess the horror elements you mean are the gore and the house bleeding or some shit. The people invading their home, breaking everything, paying no attention to her, that was enough to make it a horror movie to me because it genuinely disturbed me.

ok good luck on your journey through pretentious art shit. It will all be „horror“ movies to you and you can come here making posts about you saw yet another „horror“ movie and have the same discussion over and over again. After years of this you try to find all of these movies in „Best Horror Movie“ lists but you never do. Cause they aren‘t.

Is ‚The Lobster‘ a Horror Movie aswell? No but its unsettling and disturbing as mother! but also funny at the same time.

Crazy how pretentious art shit works, heh?

Are you alright user? Why are you getting so flustered at the sight of someone being subjective?

Cause he is pissing me off.

>He
It's actually me user. If I feel like this movie is horror, then why can't this movie be horror to me? You might also want to quit using "pretentious" since it's it's the most non-argument buzzword you could use.

Calm down then.

>horror
Rofl, the absolute state of Sup Forums
Just because it's kinda weird doesn't mean it's horror you idiotic fuck. Stop pretending to be scared at drama

Like I said. Every movie „like that“ will be „Horror“ from now on cause you are borderline retarded. Its just confusing and you are not helping yourself by persisting that its indeed Horror just because you felt uncomfortable.

You being subjective here won‘t help you at all. I can be subjective and claim Star Wars is a historic documentary and argue all day about this on this board. Hows that making any sense to you?
Just drop it and watch more movies until you are able to spot the difference between a traditonal Horror movie you can freely refer to as such and a movie that may or may not contain traditional horror elements.

Thank you.

I feel like this was a movie best suited for surround sound.

it's not even open to interpretation; its like if he made a code and every letter means a different one, so they make you read a book and give you the code translation afterwards so now it all makes sense

This movie can be by all means called pretentious, it was pretty much the definition of this term. Still, fucking enjoyed it, but on literal level, for its atmosphere of dread and helplesness, pretty much I enjoyed it as a horror, even if it wasn't intended to be one.

This is false equivalence and you know it.

user, I don't know how to put it into words. But for some reason I was actually able to relate to jlaw's character, who was in panic and afraid throughout the entire film. It has nothing to do with me not understanding what was happening, I'm not a retard. You can stop the "every film will be horror" bullshit. I know what I felt like watching this film and how I feel watching other films. Is it really so hard to grasp that someone has a different experience watching a movie than another person?
This guy nails it perfectly.

you are one dumb little sheep, this was a trash movie with its dumb biblical references and the tryhard edgy shit

It stared weird but believable and well paced, but by the end the director looked at his watch and crammed all the super subtle allegories he wanted to show off, into the last 30 minutes. Awful movie because of that.

He told you its not a horror movie in a nicer way. How did he nail it perfectly?

>Buzzwords and no arguments

>I enjoyed it as a horror, even if it wasn't intended to be one
Right there

it was okay. Not a kino (like Killing of a Sacred Deer) but pretty decent. I'm not really fond of all this Bible+environmental crap, though.
>91778501
how fucking stupid and uneducated you must be to not understand at least 2/3 of this movie.

JLAW WAS FINE

LIKE SHE WAS IN WINTERS BONE

A BIT BY DESIGN, NEARLY ALL THE CHARACTER INTERACTIONS WERE BRIEF SO SHE COULDNT GO TOO FAR INTO >ACT MODE

>implying she as an ACT MODE

hahaha

>Its just some pretentious piece of shit
How is it pretentious?

>a story about the mother nature and the poet told with a help of overused bible metaphors and some edgy bits of violence.
If it's not pretentious - I don't know what is.

>I don't know what is.
Sounds about right.

okay. What is considered pretentious then?

is it about a mother ?

kinda

Not Mother! I don't know why you consider biblical allegories to be inherently "pretentious".

Daily reminder that anyone who likes this film is the equivalent of someone who goes to a community college and majors in philosophy. It's peak pseud cinema.

horror? more like really good black comedy.

this