Can you feel it yet?

theguardian.com/film/2017/dec/18/star-wars-the-last-jedi-women-bechdel-test

The force is a woman don't you know sweetie.

5 more years of losing millions over feminizing movies... then Hollywood will go back to the good ol days. Patience.

>most feminist star wars yet
>worst movie in the entire franchise

Huh

>losing millions
that's where you're wrong, friendo, women fucking love this shit, they eat it right up, how do you think the star wars films are making so much money?

The bechdel test is a shit test; why would they still cling on to that terrible standard

>Triumphantly feminist
>Declared the butthole of the whole series when the prequels exist
>Whole movie is Leia and Dr. Saddler losing 90% of the Resistance in futility
>In the end, Leia turns the reins of the Resistance over to the orange hotshot telling him it's His Turn to lead.
Looks like Feminism is a complete bumblefuck of clusterfuckery

Think bigger. Star wars is one franchise that will lose most of its male following. Also think about all these reboots "Ghostbusters"style that will totally bomb at the box office. This trend will end.

Funnily enough, about 5 seconds into that scene where Leia and Purple-hair have a chat, I immediately though "This is here so the film passes the Bechdel test, isn't it?"

>Star wars is one franchise that will lose most of its male following
but it won't, all the numales and kiddies will pay for the shit regardless

my fat nerd best friend even came out saying he loved it even though I can see the pain in his eyes, he unironically said he turned his brain off for it and had a great time

On its opening weekend, it made $100K less than the last one on the US domestic market. This could be attributed to overall decline in movie attendance, bad marketing, or bad word of mouth. Don't be a sheep, do your own research.

2 hours of watching feminists retreat.

>100k
that's fucking nothing, when you account for all the people who didn't even fucking like star wars to begin with that went to see VII just because it's pop culture

I feel they lost me as a fan and a customer, yes.

lol, bye bye bigot you won't be missed

R1 made half of what TFA made.

TLJ domestic opening is 50% lower than TFA.

TLJ is riding on the good rep of TFA. Bad word of mouth will slow it down, and IX definitely won't have the same opening.

sexists

No one will be re-watching these movies a few years from now and studying their lore etc. because only men do that. Women went to see these movies just because some man in their life wanted to see the movie.

tell me Sup Forums what will be the the final straw before the entire industry implodes under this identity politic bullshit?

i dont care what side of the spectrum you are on but the way they are burning through franchises and ruin them with bullshit that wont be relevant in five years is just scary. there truly is no longer any respect or love for the art

Then lets compare to BvS which made only $30K less than TLJ on its opening weekend (globally), that is literally nothing. This film, lauded as the biggest blockbuster opening in recent years, made the same amount of money as lackluster capeshit.

As a feminist it annoys me how easily feminists are to please. Stick a couple of women in the film and it's an instant 10/10, even if their characterization and the story is absolute garbage.
People should be asking for good female characters, not any female characters.

This was the most realistic part of the whole thing. If Poe has any sense he’ll put every remaining woman in a burka and go full Jihad.

>This film, lauded as the biggest blockbuster opening in recent years, made the same amount of money as lackluster capeshit.
>made the same amount of money as lackluster capeshit.
>lackluster capeshit.
that's because that's exactly what it is.

All these movies are going to look like absolute garbage in the future when the current political fads have passed.

I mean if you treat Rey as a man, as the original script had, then it would fail wouldn't it? God feminists are fucking stupid.

>As a feminist
found the retard

>As a feminist
stopped reading there, go drink your soy

Why don't you deny the holocaust as well while you're at it?

intolerance for someone because of their views is the definition of being a bigot. You already hate yourself, why don't you just pull the trigger?

Women don't necessarily want "good" female characters or at least characters with good stories being told though cinema. They want female characters that "win". Rey wins, Katniss wins, Ana (arguably) wins. Ripley doesn't win, arguably Sarah Connor doesn't win.

Why are you a feminist, who do you read?

Nothing wrong with denying the Holocaust because there are many questionable elements of it. The fact that there are laws to forbid people from pointing it out just gives it more credibility

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

Not female
Still great point
Unfortunately your point requires brains
Welcome to the world of xenu

>women in films is a bad thing
>star wars was ruined because of the roles of women in the film
Fuck off gamergate assholes.

lmao kys cuck

You know what's a good movie that passes the Bechdel test? The Descent, about a group of women that need to band together to survive a monster attack. Why does every movie need the test applied to it?

The last jedi made 440 million opening weekend.