He was just a Villian of the Week

>he was just a Villian of the Week

Bravo Genndy

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12813171
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

he was a manifestation of his inner demons u twat

Yeah that was pretty lame. Let's move on.

strawpoll.me/12813171

strawpoll.me/12813171

How was the episode, lads?

yeah this was anticlimatic
i expected more from him

It was good

Hell the fight with the samurai spirits was great

The issue was that the samurai spirit was nothing more than just a samurai spirit

What did you want, a ten-minute backstory and a ten-minute showdown? This was not an important character in the grand scheme of things; it was merely a manifestation of his inner doubt and depression, which he defeated because Ashi hel—oh I get it, you're mad because the gash took the focus away from this character.

He was exactly what we told you he was in your retarded speculation threads, you're just mad you completely failed to understand something that was never a mystery in the first place.

yeah I was disappointed too.
It was better as a force-of-nature kind of thing instead of something you can physically fight

It's a cursed Samurai spirit that's collected from various other dead samurai's who have regret

The point is that Jack has gone down the road of missing his purpose after his sword is gone and was most likely approached by this guy when he was weak to agree on his terms to "be a honorable samurai"

The problem was not letting us know until this point, the foreshadowing from previous episodes and build up shouldn't have happened or Atleast told us in advance

The poor climax aside, the actual full encounter was pretty great

>not letting us know until this point

It was obvious as fuck.

>Hallucination Jack: I just want it to end, your ancestors are waiting.
>Show unambiguously shifts view over to green horseman

I was so annoyed last week when you were acting like this wasn't clear or that he was somehow helping Jack by showing him an escape route that it literally opened up an ulcer. Fuck you.

Talking penis/10

>the actual full encounter was pretty great
No it wasn't. It was just a simple beatdown of another badguy with a boring design.

>a manifestation of inner demons is just something you can fight and cut away
What a cop-out.

Slicing him with the sword was just an outward expression of the actual thing that got rid of him which was Jack turning away from suicide and deciding to resume his mission.

Your speculation made him a bigger deal than he needed to be. Jesus fucking christ, people like to overblow and look at every minor detail under a microscope. The second you begin to form some formulated head canon, more than likely it won't live up to it, so why not just settle down and let stuff play out before you feel the need to apply a reasoning for everything and let the answer come to you.

He was neither a villain nor weekly. What are you even saying?

I'm on the side of already understanding that in advance from the previous episodes

I'm just trying to see the shitposter's point of view

I was surprised, usually I'm not completely and totally objectively correct with my bullshit speculation.

People are disappointed because it's literally some ghost. The lowest, most boring shit. Like this whole season.

>People are disappointed because it's literally some ghost.

No, they are disappointed because they expected ANYTHING. You avoid disappointment by not expecting things, at least in great detail. I expect nothing from the last four episodes of this season other than an ending to the story of Samurai Jack - because whatever I think the ending should be, I am not entitled to make that decision.

And really, this is what all this disappointment and rage comes down to: Fanboys are upset that their vision for a story they did not make was not somehow adhered to by the man who actually did make it. They wanted it THEIR way, with THEIR ideas and THEIR vision, and how dare Genndy not do it THEIR way! "Who the fuck does he think he is, not listening to us and writing the story according to only his wishes and his ideas?" they ask themselves. "Why did he have to put a fucking FEMALE in the show? Why did he have to do all this SERIAL STORYTELLING shit? Why couldn't he just have listened to US and made it the way WE were entitled to have it made?!"

He and blue Jack still infest Jack's mind
It's up to the Scotsman to remove them.

"It was better"? It never WAS that!

The only thing I expected was a character, but all I got was a oneshot ghost enemy.

... a manifestation that almost killed Ashi? Shit he doesn't even need the sword, maybe he can kill Aku with the power of his feelings

You're an idiot.

It wasn't something Jack or Ashi could beat simply by being super good at cutting shit. Note that Ashi never even harmed it.

The point was that Jack couldn't fight it, or defeat it, until he had regained at least a single morsel of hope. It wasn't something evil to be killed with sword skills, it was a spirit of Jack's past, an ancestral being calling to him as much from within as without. It is extremely important that Jack banished it with the very sword he intended to commit suicide with.

>not an important character
>merely a manifestation of his inner doubt and depression

the point was that all that had to happen was for jack to realize he was wrong

ashi showed him he was wrong

end of character arc

>The only thing I expected was a character

I'm actually sort of surprised by this.

I didn't even think the dude was real. I thought it was Jack's desire to off himself leading him away into the embrace of death. I mean, in a way, it was, but it was also an actual ancestor spirit.

But he wasn't. They didn't even really "beat" the ghost samurai, they just ran away from them. The entire encounter was extremely straightforward symbolism. So straightforward that I guess people who were expecting it to be DEEP got rused into taking it too seriously.

And you're a fucking crybaby acting like it's the worst thing done in the history of cartoons.

Twat.

CELTIC MAGICâ„¢