Why didn't the rebels just light-speed ram the Death Star?

Why didn't the rebels just light-speed ram the Death Star?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14648964/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because then they would die

This is fairly dividing opinion, let's find out what Sup Forums really thinks:
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/
strawpoll.me/14648964/

Because the Death Star was in a movie with competent screen writers

first off u fufkin retard, no one wants to die by suicide like that, the rebel force is small enough as is, there's no point of wasting people wheneach soldier repressents like one percent of your fighting force. Second of all, why would u build an entire ship just to destroy it. It makes no sense you would just build a missile instead u imbecile, and when u are in hyperspees or getting ready for it u are extremely vulnerable to attack so u would just be blown up u fucking idiot get out

why not just put hyperdrives on rocks, telephone poles, or fucking gash cunts that ruin every fucking thing they touch with their fucking purple haired self inserted Mary sue CUUUUUUUUUNTS.

I thought the rebels were willing to sacrifice their lives for stopping the cause or better yet, just use droid pilots.

Death Star(and most other major bases) has a interdiction field around it

I'd hate to say it, but the Prequels were better than this.

At least they expanded the lore in interesting ways and didn't contain a scene that ruined all Star Wars space battles before and after its time.

>they

They didn't die and it happened. Explain.

>What is AI?
>What are droids?
>What is slapping a cheap old hyperdrive onto an asteroid and sending it into a ship or planet?

Literally only these ships from SW: Rebels were shown to have one lmao. Han was able to get inside the atmosphere of star killer base. You're saying it doesn't have one but the death star has? In the movies they could hyper space away from the death star because of the tractor beam.

dudes what if they just made shells with warp drivers on and blew up all the bad guys from one ship

couldn't*

O so u are talking about a creation of a new missile. Technology that happens to use light speed u fucking mongrel what the point of this entire thread u stupid fuck u might as well have created a star wars missile theory asknur dumb questions u stupid bitch. O why don't the Jedi and Sith put their fucking light sabers on railguns and shoot them at lightspeed into destroyer's o thatakes a lot of sense huh u fucking punk tell them about that take my idea it's ur bitch get out

what if they made a really big lightsaber and put it onto a ship and went around cutting up other ships with that one big lightsaber ship

Thats my question? If that attack was so successful why hasnt it been tried before? How did the purple haired lady know it would work? Why build a death star when this attack is just as deadly for a fraction of the price? That's how ridiculous this scene is, it's so bad it rips at the foundation of the narrative in general.

According to Rogue One, it's called a Death Star

because men think linearly but strong women think creatively and can come up with new interesting ways to do things

There it is

The only thing I can think of is that shields would typically destroy the "missile" but protect the ship itself but that the First Order lowered their shields for the pursuit because the Resistance didn't have weapons to fire on them with.
So typically that weapon wouldn't work but did this time because they had no shields.

I agree with u u fucking retard this entire time what to think I'm saying dumb ass u are right that's what I'm saying this entire time Jesus Christ kid

How can anyone tell what you mean when you type like a fucing retard? Calling others mongoloids.....

>fuck guys it's about to blow up endor
>ok we have 2 options, a costly attack run to its center in a bid to destroy it's core that will no doubt cost dozens of lives
>or we can put an r2 unit in an xwing and hyperspace one-shot it
>thoughts?

>We could fly through the interior of the Second Death Star and do a whole bunch of stupid shit just to get to its main reactor
>Or we could just like, put a Droid in an A-Wing into the tunnel and Hyperspace one-shot it
kek

I normally dismiss talk of shills as paranoid Sup Forumslocks who watch too much Alex Jones

But does anyone feel like there are genuine people on Disney's payroll trolling the internet trying to defend shit like this scene?