How does /co like Uber?

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more.

Pseudo-historical sci-fi twist on superpowers as a commodity?

What's not to love?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalinterest.org/feature/us-should-be-appalled-by-japans-historical-revisionism-12381
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The way nothing important happens.

The way its endless nazi wank and they never lose. Its boring

> Allies finally look like their going to win
> Loose anyway due to Plot armor

It's frustrating because it's an interresting setting but 90% of the time the allies are retards while the Nazi's are operating at 400% their intellect

Let's just get this out of the way

The bad plotting and total ignorance of the wider world/actual war situation where it's convenient are the worst parts.

Lol

I don't follow.

Hitler's a doppelganger!
They are melting entire cities!
Great Britain has fallen!
The Axis has invaded the U.S. on both coasts!

This is fucking amazing.

It's good, the documentary-ish narration is nice & adds a authentic well though out feel to it.
Needs more sex & nudity from giant Nazi sluts.

Well, the Axis got the headstart, didn't they?

The Allies are forced to scramble.

More like the tank men appeared basically in April of '45, and the Wehrmacht suddenly shoves the Allies back to 1940 territory in under a month, while the Allies continually trip over their own dicks. But the Nazis are TOTALLY GONNA LOSE by the end. Somehow, don't question the retarded logic.

I remember 2 months ago when i said how it was bullshit that the nazis never lost and someone responded but they are dying and now they took out americas heart and that shut those people up

the basic idea is sound, and it's one of the few comics based around Ultra-Violence to not be pointless crap(looking at you Crossed), but it definitely has some very noticeable pacing issues

overall it would have been better to have the Germans debut the Ubers in say 1944 or maybe even 43 or 42 instead of literally moments before Hitler historically would have blown his brains out, that way Germany would have enough resources that it could bear the occasional real loss instead of them more or less continually curbstomping everyone that isn't Katushya

I wouldn't have minded if the Tank Men had pushed the Allies out of Germany and into France and Poland. But the Wehrmacht was pretty much done as a fighting force, yet can occupy Europe and somehow they have the ability to get the Kriegsmarine back together to sail to the US. It's just so over the top that I can't suspend my disbelief.

People really liked the series at first and it was being storytimed constantly. But the gimmick got old and the writing became incredibly stale. Now there's one thread a month when the latest issue drops. Anything that can be said has been said so we all wait until the next issue where something maybe happens but probably not.

better than Crossed.

I've taken shits better than Crossed.

For the Nazis, it's one pyrrhic victory after another.

They got the Whitehouse and are melting NY, and we couldn't take out their battleships, but they lost half their forces in the process. They are not on a winning trajectory in the U.S., unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.

I think that's the core of the issue for me. Uber likes to bring up things like strategic resources, manpower, supply lines, et al, but then completely ignores them when it's convenient. Tank men are a cool concept but they only function on a tactical scale, IE when you need to win a battle. You can't occupy land with a Tank man. You can't hold something with a Tank man, unless you're cool with it being demolished and painted over with gore.

You need a standing army to occupy something. I'd buy it if Uber was about Germany using the Tank Men to stalemate the Allies by decimating advancing armies, supply trains, or what have you, but it's not. Uber is a comic that attempts to blend serious strategic considerations and the idea that a few super humans can take and hold vast swaths of territory, and it doesn't work. Oh yeah, and the obvious pacing issues and being pretty spot on doesn't help.

>continually curbstomping everyone that isn't Katushya

But you see, user, that's kind of the entire POINT of Uber.

There is a revisionist history trend going around that says that since the Soviets lost so many men in WW2, they REALLY won the war, and the US just stole all the glory.

Yes, really.

So, Uber is a fantasy that 'fixes' this broken reality, by basically writing a world where the USA got the proper ass-whipping they deserved.

It's really complete idiocy.

It also reflects a larger trend of the losers of WW2 to try and make it into something that never happened. Just look at the bullshit Japan is trying to pull:

nationalinterest.org/feature/us-should-be-appalled-by-japans-historical-revisionism-12381

Uber is just catering to the same crowd that denies the holocaust and other similar idiocy. Be aware of it, promulgate the facts, and move on.

My working theory is that the mysterious source of the Uber catalyst is the real enemy.

The real enemy is the lack of meaningful plot advancement and my attention span.

>but they lost half their forces in the process. They are not on a winning trajectory in the U.S., unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.
uh huh. you have been saying that for months and all thats happened is america crawling further up its own ass. it lost the east, and it's losing the west what the fuck are a bunch of shitty flyover states gonna do

The better question is where they found the troops to lose. By the time Hitler tried to kill himself, the German army was basically old men and kids. Unless the US and Russia decided to just hand over all their prisoners rather than kill them to prevent the krauts from getting all that manpower to turn into super soldiers.

It hasn't lost the east completely. As others have pointed out, Ubers can't hold ground very well. The U.S. is big.

We have no idea what's happening in the west.

Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.

>Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.
you have been saying that for months and every new issue nope the us just keeps crawling further into its own ass because the suck and the germans have unbeatable strategy

And it might continue to be the case for a few issues more.

The Germans did lose their entire southern force, though we didn't see it.

>Meanwhile all of China and India with massive populations are completely ignored

The Axis is winning the war, not the nobodies. Except for Italy, fuck those assholes apparently. Goddamn spaghetti rations.

>The Germans did lose their entire southern force, though we didn't see it.

What southern force?

>What's not to love?

Kieron Gillen

Writers are just an indicator of quality. Blind squirrel, broken clock etc.
If it's a personality thing, then I'm laughing at you, you spooked little faggot. Next you'll tell me I can't like Roman Polanksi's films.

You'd expect it be pulpy and full of action, but it's meant to be a serious examination on war and shit. And that'd be fine, but Gillen's not a good enough writer to handle that, so you're just left being lectured with bullshit.

I can understand the commercial reasons for the relaunch, but it's been a waste of page space having to reintroduce characters and themes.
Also, Gillen tends to be heavy handed with his themes. Yes, we get it, gays and blacks were poorly treated. Yes, the USA suffered few cilvilan losses. It doesn't need to be reinforced every issue.

It starts from the second right before Hitler shoots himself at the end of April of 1945, and by November the Germans have defeated, conquered, and occupied Britain, won total control of the seas, launched an invasion of the continental US, destroyed Washington DC and New York, killed pretty much the entire US leadership aside from Patton, and are now rampaging through the US effortlessly annihilating all the armies that the US throws at them.

Where did they get the men? Plot.
Where did they get the subs? Plot.
Where did they get any of the other equipment needed to launch an invasion of the US? Plot.

It's just standard Nazi fanboy alt-history with a big helping of gore to attempt to shock people that really just gets old after a while.

It's a hodgepodge of many better Avatar Press comics. Heavyhanded messages that turn out to be obvious. Digs at superheroes. Gore. Ugly character designs.

Satan I hope this is bait because Gillen may be summoned to this thread with the implication that he's a nazi fanboy

Do you think Gillen posts here?

Satan confirmed

>Time will tell, but I believe it'll play out much as it did in reality, where the U.S demonstrates a remarkable efficiency of industry, and churns out so many Ubers they swamp the invaders.

They already tried that and failed. The US uber army was completely destroyed in a suicide charge against a German battleship. Aside from that, the Germans can basically nuke anywhere in the US at will. In real life, a big part of the US industrial advantage came from the fact that it was away from the fighting. That isn't the case in Uber, so the US will instead be the one getting swamped under an endless tide of German ubers. Throughout the entire story, the Germans have consistently enjoyed superior numbers and resources. That isn't going to change.

Why would he? Nobody gives a shit about WicDiv on Sup Forums, not even as a hateread.

The real question is, why wouldn't he?

He's mentioned us a couple times on his tumblr.

It was a cool story, it would have been fine if it just ended when and how it was supposed too with the gemans losing a little later then they should have and the world facing a new dawn of weaker allies going into a cold war with tankmen instead of nukes.

Instead it got popular so they have to keep shitting out more story which requires the allies to constantly get pounded because Germany's situation was that bad by the end.

Well it's a pretty bad book but not bad enough to care. Gillian should stop injecting sjw shit in his work he doesn't have the ability to handle it with any kind of tact or nuance.

Hey, he's the one who has the Germans constantly winning for no reason other than that they're supposedly a superior race. If he doesn't want to be called a Nazi fanboy, he shouldn't repeat their propaganda.

It's like how that Lil Bush cartoon had Bush getting away with doing bad shit in every episode. If you're gonna make a work all about a political ideology you don't like, don't have them win in every episode/chapter.

Lil Bush was at least supposed to be funny (I never saw it) so it needs the premise

Gillen is sublimating his hatred for the white male western patriarchy culture by having the Nazis steamroll everyone not under the protection of his untouchable godlike commie waifu.

He wants to act out fantasies of punishing western culture by having "hey the Nazis are bad guys what do you expect" as a shield.

In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.

And Razor is going to piss himself and die.

>In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.
>And Razor is going to piss himself and die.

Oh, and don't forget he's setting up Uber-Patton as the real Big Bad world-ending dictator guy.

Why do people post threads about this shit?

This idea had SUCH good bones, but like Brave, all that potential has been completely ham-fisted and squandered by the dullard trying to write it.

Gillen's book about the pop gods had potential and look what happened to it.

When he's an old man he's going to look back on his SJW tomfoolery and cry. His twilight years will be filled with shame at what could have been.

>He wants to act out fantasies of punishing western culture by having "hey the Nazis are bad guys what do you expect" as a shield.
>In the end the Allies will be saved by an army of amazons and blacks.
I called this happening a year ago. Just look at ridiculous shit like the Brits not testing the Indians because something imperialists something racists, completely ignoring the existence of the British Indian Army or the fact that all the British government (except for Churchill) had been setting up self-government for India since at least 1930.
Gillen hates western civilisation so he's using the Nazis to reduce it to rubble so the third world can step up to save everyone.

I bet you anything that Gillen voted remained and sees nothing wrong with migrants in Sweden and Germany.

Uber needs to be preserved for years to come. It's the distillation of the left's suicide desire to destroy western civilization through proxies.

>The US powers that be would rather have the Germans butcher their way across America sending thousands of whites to their deaths than make two black battleships (how the hell 12 percent of the US population ended up making 2 battleships is astounding. Blacks are just genetically superior I guess).

I think the reason so many people have jumped ship on Uber is because they're tired of having everyone white and male act like incompetent, powerless morons.

The best German Battleship is a woman. The strongest halo battleship is a woman. The strongest physical battleship is a woman. The spy that holds the only prayer for the allies is a woman. The strongest overall battleship is a woman. Razor's sisters are being set up to be the push that saves the allies.

The second strongest Nazi Battleship (before losing an arm) is gay. Alan Turing is the greatest male asset the allies have and he's gay.

Now lets look at the power and competence of straight white males in the setting.

HMS Colossus: Turned into a man-shrubbery by a woman in his first fight.

Churchill: Killed by a woman, head placed on the decapitated statue of a man

Hitler: Killed by a homosexual.

Siegfied: Is the only character to be depicted as pure 100 percent evil.

Razor: A crybaby who will run behind his black comrades at the first sign of danger.

Allied Command: Completely destroyed except for Patton who will likely be depicted as a genocidal madman worse than Hitler.

Roosevelt: Dead when the Nazis burnt a giant swastika on Washington DC BUT DON'T WORRY GUYS THE ALLIES ARE GOING TO TURN THE WAR AROUND ANYYYYYYYYY MINUTE NOW

Manhattan Project: BTFO by a secret spy (another female) and raped so hard that Japan now has the only working A-bomb in the setting and atomic weapons for the allies have been virtually taken off the table.

Stalin: The only white male leader still alive. It is possible Gillen as a big leftie has tender feelings for him like Casto.

ARE WE SEEING A FUCKING PATTERN YET?

actually Roosevelt died like he did in the real world, the president who died when DC got Ubered was Truman

>unless the Japanese surprise on the West Coast is BIG.
if its a kaiju i'll eat my hat

It's going to be the nuke. America is going to get nuked to further Gillen's "America never REALLY suffered in WW2 now they get a taste of REAL horror" agenda.

Japan is just the worst

Good, I want to see him all this negativity what Uber generate and how it only lessen a little but not improving that much.

For that matter I don't think he inject any SJW stuff here (all mironity thing are fine so far, especially if they are also made to be grinded by Nazis like rest).
He just fails at story and setting in end.

>southern

The southern invasion force in the U.S. was destroyed when they realized both battleships were in the north.

They destroyed a large number of U.S Ubers, but far from all.

Sgilinde is a cutie pie ;_:

The Americans are going to unveil the new Uber to push the bad guys back, apparently.

To be completely honest, my main problem is that it's so SLOW. I also can't stand the SJW propaganda, like how the faggot and the stronk womyn are the most important characters ever.

*glares*

fuck off

I agree with most of the criticism here. It could've been so cool, yet it's so lame. When someone asks "Wouldn't World War Two super soldiers make for a guaranteed awesome story?" the answer is no

This comic really, really needed Garth Ennis to write it, like a superpowered version of his Battlefields stories. (All of those stories are of amazing quality.)

Hell, it could be done like Fury Max, which was just as good.

>The Americans are going to unveil the new Uber to push the bad guys back, apparently.

Or maybe the shiny new American Uber will turn out to be completely impotent on the battlefield and completely fail every expectation placed on them in a one-sided, anti-climactic smack down.

You know, like the last 3?

The main problem is that this comic was basicalyl written by someone who hated the West and all is stands for. All you need to do, to makes this really compelling, is to have some affection for the subject.

Seriously. Make it a war story, exactly like WWII, but with the men adjusting to the terrible new weapons being unleashed. Don't emasculate every straight white male (who, y'know, did most of the fighting - Greatest Generation and all that) in order to promote your minorities.

It's not hard to see a pattern where every important character is female and gay. You know that in real life, we'd have basically got a phalanx of Captain Americas, right? Russia's super-soldier would look like Ivan fucking Drago, and the Nazis would have serene blue-eyed, blonde-haired race warriors.

That would be fucking amazing to see.

Well, someone or something has to drive the Japanese and the Nazi Battleships back. Otherwise, there's nothing that can stop them at this point!

I mean, let's say Razor and the Black Brothers were fully activated. They still don't have good odds against three Battleships.

>In the end the Allies will be saved by übers from India, Africa and Asia

Toppest kek.

>(who, y'know, did most of the fighting - Greatest Generation and all that)

From what I gather, the folks that did most of the fighting were the Germans (who fought against pretty much everybody and their mums) and the Russians (who fought the majority of the German army).

Everybody else gets a participation-award.

The side that wins gets all the awards. I'm pretty sure that if the Americans didn't join in, though, things would have been thoroughly fucked for the Allies.

Uber just isn’t written very well. It’s hard to care whenever characters or the narrator talk about their tactics when they will be shockingly BTFO in about 10 pages. This wouldn’t be a massive problem but the comic focuses so much of its energy to strategy that it forgets to make anyone likable or interesting. In a world without characters we care about there is no reason to care when the next Nazi asspull kills 90% of the US population. And on top of everything else the battles and tactics themselves are so boring.

People say Gillen put his hate for West in writing.
I don't see this that way.
This is not atempt to defend him at all.
He is just another comic book writer from Aglosphere who is obsessed with Nazis wrecking shit in USA and beating UK. Less desire to ruin as punishment or message and more way to have fictional invasion and occupation when those countries didn't suffer those in recent history. Maybe he will get it out of his system after Invasion story is done and may start Nazi actually losing thing.
But there is still problem how much story is west centric, only Allies and Nazis have full knowledge of Uber serum while Japan and Soviets have only limited access to this. Japan because of its situation could just be written out of story, especially with Allies needing to focus on Germany, even nuke was disabled by German spy. Soviets could dominate Europe so they can't easly produce Ubers but still have them to being able to defend themselves from Nazi Ubers (so writer may pretend he treat Soviets fairly). Katysha being more powerful than other battleships means that even they can't invade and conquer Russia, but her own lack of any loyalty to Stalin or Soviets means that Nazis are also safe from them and east front is stalemate so writer can just ignore it and focus only on west.

The Japs have sent their only battleship on a kamikaze run at San Francisco because they are retarded.

>HMS Colossus: Turned into a man-shrubbery by a woman in his first fight.

He was barely ready. The allies should have bombarded Paris with artillery before sending in their Ubers to engage in hit and run tactics.

UBER EVERY WHERE

I'm going to need to see some serious citations about your statements about Gillen. Has he said anything like this in an interview or...?

We are fucking done here folks. Get the lights.

"Gillen hates the west" is just something people regurgitate in these threads over and over to push the threads in a Sup Forums direction instead of actually talking about the comic.

Does he literally need to spell it out for you? You don't need to be a genius to see a pattern. Even in Wicked + Divine, the slimiest god of the pantheon is the cis white male who spouts red pill biotruths, Wotan. Everyone shits on him, even though the pantheon has a literal cannibal murderer.

All the good characters are the homos, women and blacks. There isn't a single straight white male who is relevant; the most recent issue shows that Nergal, the bad-boy goth/pagan punk rocker, is abused by his girlfriend. You don't get more beta than that.

You know, the last time Japan made a manga about modern-day gods, it was about one dude and a harem of women competing to fuck him.

>Everyone shits on him, even though the pantheon has a literal cannibal murderer

Fun fact, she just slaughtered a room full of people and now, there's no old woman to cover her ass anymore.

Also, you could easily argue that Gillen is trying to shed light on female on male abuse in relationships, something that sorely needs to be touched on properly.

>last time Japan made a manga about modern-day gods, it was about one dude and a harem of women competing to fuck him.

Gimme the name.

Its scary how realistic this is

Campione!

>Garth Ennis doing Uber.

Holy shit that might have been really really good.

See his other books and:
The writing is on the wall.

Somehow in a sample of people randomly selected for god powers 80 percent turns out to be gender queer.

It was good at first, but then it settled into a weird status q-
yeah, it just started doing that over and over.

Also rest in peace HMH Colossus never forget.

Still waiting for the germans' near-complete lack of... well, EVERYTHING, to actually impede their ability to do whatever the fuck they please.

OP now knows - you can't have an Uber thread without Sup Forums coming in and fucking everything up as usual.

>Sup Forums coming in
Where?

Very few funny book writers have an understanding of history, politics and race. Except for a few like Ennis, they don't do it any justice and come off as retarded.

I thought there was only crappy LN

>Japan now has the only working A-bomb
How the fuck do you pull that off? It requires a ton of centrifuges and a laughable amount of raw ore!

The Germans used a spy uber to give them the only working bomb, then the spy uber killed the entire manhattan project and blew up all their manufacturing equipment.

I like you

Aside from the second battle of Kiev, have the Allies had any sort of victory that wasn't immediately rendered meaningless by a new german asspull?

In a word? No.

Sorry if the concept of anybody besides straight white men getting superpowers in a faggy comic triggers you.