This has been over for a few months now. Did Sup Forums agree if this was comickino...

This has been over for a few months now. Did Sup Forums agree if this was comickino? Or at the very least one of the better things to come out of marvel in years?

One of King's best desu and it's such a shame that Viv is getting butchered by Waid

Sup Forums loved it as it was coming out but afterwards as Marvel opinion declined, they declaired it mediocre and claim it would be better if it was about red tornado

It was definitely one of the best comics of the year maybev even decade. Although some times i wish it never happened because current marvel have absolutely ruined Viv

Nothing would ever be better with Red Tornado.

This Red Tornado Christmas episode of BatB is kino so fuck off

It was excellent outside of destroying Victor's character. Still a 10/10 book though.

BatB is kino in general though.

"Kino" has gotten used to the point of meaninglessness, here. It's simply another word for "I like it" now.

That said, yes, it's a shockingly good story, one that went for a literary angle of identity and fitting in with society, but not afraid of being a comic book with a character who has had a long and at times convoluted history. It runs like a Greek tragedy, where you know the pain is coming but you pray there's some way out for the hero.

It's going to be on one of those 100 best "graphic novel" lists some day when they want to include a superhero comic that's not Watchmen.

Pretty much this. A friend of mine who doesn't read comics loved King's Vision after he read it on my recommendation, so naturally he was wondering if there was any further material featuring any of the surviving characters. I lied and told him no, since the same day I had the displeasure of reading Champions #1. It's only been downhill from there for Viv's character, sadly.

Kino literally is a meme word, it's the German word for cinema and was abused by Sup Forums to make fun of pretentious people who use the words movies/films as marks of quality as if the word makes the thing seem better. Kino is basically presented as the apex of that thinking.

What Waid has done to Viv is disgusting, really.

He missed the entire point of her character, and writes her as a generic robot girl, which is a far cry from King's Viv.

No. It did a huge diservice to Victor for no fucking reason. The Runaways keep getting fucked in other char's books. It's shitty.

Those lists always feature superhero comics

It's such a fucking shame that this and Nova flew under people's radars while shit like Mockingbird, Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, and Hellcat were taking attention for how bad they were (not to say they actually sold) and the drama they caused.

SG sells, it got it's own OGN and it's still running. It does very well in trade and presumably digitally. Mockingbird is probably gonna sell gangbusters of volume two since it has the feminist agenda cover on it and it'll be "iconic" to quite a bit of people

>it'll be "iconic" to quite a bit of people
Whenever people are going to analyze the history of comics, that cover will be used as an example just like how Liefeld covers are used for the 90's (not to say the 90's didn't have quality)

These. The way they treated (and then killed off) Victor really hurt the book for me.

>Vision
>flying under peoples' radars

user it was the most critically acclaimed book at marvel when it was going and the trades actually sold very well

Anyway Brevoort was right for the most part, rage can result in better sales because people will talk about it more, something that Sup Forums is very guilty of
Sup Forums will have 3 America #1 threads that get to 500 posts each with 100 people because people want to get angry, but a good storytime not about some A lister will get 100 posts with 10 people at most and then promptly die

if you're talking about Sean Ryan, then you're damn wrong.

I will admit that this book actually hit feels I didn't even know I had.

SG does fine in trade, but not as great as you'd think.

IIRC, Mockingbird v1 really didn't do great, and you'd be a fool to believe that flash-in-the-pan "controversy" will do much to improve that.

You've bought into Marvel's lie that these titles do amazing in trade/digital, rather than (sometimes) above average.

It was quite good. Not the best King book.

The first Mockingbird book did not chart on Bookscan last year even after that controversy. Maybe the second will but I don't expect it since the first didn't even after everyone ordered it in response.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the throwaway death of Victor since I'm a huge Runaways fag.

Other than that, Tom King's Vision was fucking fantastic.

This right here is a fucking crime, Sup Forums has really gone to shit.

I wouldn't call Victor's death a throwaway to be honest, it actually had some build up to it. A throwaway death would have been like Mettle from Avengers Arena

It referenced so much from Avengers comics, and in a meaningful way (not in the "member this" way we so often see in comics).

I wish Robinson's SW book did the same.