Fuck Jedi, fuck books too

Fuck Jedi, fuck books too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
youtube.com/watch?v=zJVCBIWSM8k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>He didn't notice Rey stole the books

The average American attention span is pathetic.

What's she gonna do with those books anyone?

And it doesn't matter if the books were there or not, Yoda had all the intention of burning them anyway.

no he didn't
"that library contained nothing that the girl rey does not already possess"

He knew Rey took the books. He tells luke "that library contained nothing that the girl Rey does not already possess," essentially trolling Luke.

Stop making these threads. People have actually watched the movie now and can tell you're bullshitting

*hits you with ghost stick*

who the fuck is writing this shit

I bet in IX we're meant to infer that she learns all she needs to know about the Force from those books. Screencap this.

>guy you've known since he was barely an adult that has gone through tons of shit and is at the lowest point of his entire life
>epically, i troll u
lol

If force ghosts can call lightening strikes, why not kill Snoke and Kylo with millions of force ghosts attacking all at once?

>literally eight movies before this
>three take place in the old republic featuring the Jedi council, training of padawans, etc.
>books are never mentioned once by anyone
>books are on some stupid island
What did they mean by this?

i think he wanted luke to let go so he could do the ol' obi wan and disappear into the midoclorians having achieved something for rei.

Literally has the exact same attitude he did in Return of The Jedi

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

heh

They're super ancient very, very old republic books from a long, long time ago.

The part that sucks about this scene is that it goes against Yoda’s character, as a gentle, wise figure. He was always measured and was rarely goofy. Using force lightning to burn down a tree, make a couple jokes, say the books aren’t “pageturners”? He would treat knowledge with respect. When things were grave, he didn’t fuck around.

But now he’s a goofy little guy who totally ROFLs at Rey’s dark sude tendencies.

>illiterate desert orphan girl
>being able to read ancient jedi texts

I feel like everyone in the audience accepted the book burning a little too easily tbqh

Do you mean Luke or Yoda? Because Luke, no, and Yoda was earnest and straightforward with Luke about carrying on the Jedi order when he was on his deathbed.

>He was always measured and was rarely goofy.
His entire intro in Empire Strikes Back

are you literally retarded? are you wearing a bicycle helmet right now? how are you posting, do you have a helper that does it for you? does he call you champ, and give you a lot of high fives?

ghost Obi Wan touches things in the OT

How come Anakin never appeared at any point of these last two flicks to try to talk to his grandson?

>playing the fool to find out who has entered your swamp
>trolling Luke by making him think the thing he holds dear is now gone
That's not the same at all.

imagine buying the novelization and getting to this part and yoda says "only books, retards buy mmhhmm yes"

ROCKIN, ROCKIN AND ROLLIN

That would have actually been creative and Hayden probably wanted nothing to do with this schlock

Why did the fuck up valkyr hysteria??? It wasn't even that good just fun to use every now and then.

He doesn't, he just positions his ghost body to make it look like he's sitting on a tree.

>Burning books is okay if its the "good guys" doing it
hmm

Because that's not the way of the light side

user that was a bit rude.

There are only three force ghosts and Qui Gon who made it halfway

>The worst actor in two shitty movies wanted nothing to so with this schlock

book burner yoda is my favorite thing to come out of nu-wars followed closely by sloth cum slurping luke

Why are there two threads up right now about Yoda burning books when he never actually did?

He moves vines out of the way with his hand user

>Yoda pranked Luke so hard he killed himself
This isn't much better

Those were in the very beginning of his career and he probably didn't know how shit they would be ahead of time

>all these humorless tismos
what happened to this place?

she will be master luke skywalker done correctly, because it wouldn't fit their PC diversity billing to degrade their epic female hero into a disillusioned hermit like what they did to luke

I'm actually starting to believe that force ghosts are actually just imaginations and it was actually Luke who caused the lightning subconsciously.

If you haven't noticed these retards are literally memeing something that never happened

kek

except it did, the books being gone are just semantics

I'm starting to believe I'm teh gays

LLLLLLEELLLLLL

"That's not how the Force works!"

It's like youve never watched star wars.

Or you're a troll.

Heres your (you).

Do you really think Yoda, in all his ghostly wisdom, woudn't have noticed?

DOWN TO THE BEACH, IM STROLLIN'

Except it didn't? You idiots keep claiming that Yoda burned the books despite him knowing that Rey took them. He was sending a message to Luke to get off of his ass by burning the tree

>worst actor.

>not terribly written character.

Oh user.

youtube.com/watch?v=zJVCBIWSM8k

RARELY GOOFY

Or both?

This movie has a shitload of problems but this wasn't one of them. Seeing it within the context of the movie and not just people memeing about it it actually made total sense

>Luke goes to burn down the tree
>Ghost Yoda appears
>"I'm ending the Jedi's legacy of failure once and for all"
>Luke goes to burn down the tree but hesitates
>Yoda summons a lighting bolt from the sky that ignites the tree
>Luke: But the ancient texts!
>Yoda: Oh! Read all of them, you have?
>Luke: Well... I
>Yoda: Page turners, they were not

Then he implies that Rey "has all the knowledge" or whatever the line is because she stole the books without Luke knowing. Yoda did what Luke couldn't by destroying the tree so that he could move on.

And the page turner line made perfect sense in context. Luke barely even read the texts because they were probably boring and full of shit he already knew or that was no longer relevant. The way you would read about it on here the scene played out like Yoda flew down blasting force lightning at the tree UNLIMITED POWER style while he shouted NOT EXACTLY PAGE TURNERS HUH? LOL I TROL U GET REKT FGT

If force ghosts are still around why doesn't Anakin just come and talk to Kylo? He could try to convince Kylo to stop idolizing him. Imagine if Darth Vader himself told Kylo he should stop. Or did Anakin just decide to fuck off from the universe conveniently?

As I asked earlier There is no actual explanation for this whatsoever

what the fuck was his fucking problem

REY HAD THE BOOKS, YODA WAS JUST COVERING FOR HER TO FUCK WITH LUKE AND GET HIM TO WAKE THE FUCK UP.

>The greatest teacher failure is
>We are what they make us to be, that is the burden of a true master

This scene was spectacular.

That's actually fucking retarded. Jedi are supposed to be religious and like fucking priests not just your mom and dad going to church occasionally. Jedi shouldn't be calling their fucking bible unimportant even Christians that never read their bible know not to say that.

They have to save something for 9

>Jedi should be boring monks
Hello George.

Jedi being boring faggots was not established until the prequels that were directed by a man that doesn't understand his own franchise.

Never said that at all. Jedi ought to have respect for knowledge though. Why do you think reading books and acquiring knowledge makes you a boring monk? Plus it seems like Luke died a boring monk according to this film.

It's not going to happen they are just going to repeat the same lame shtick. Also this movie does nothing to make you excited for 9. Kylo vs Rey is the only thing to see 9 for but at this point who really gives a shit how that turns out? We all know Rey is just going to beat him because she is all powerful.

>A Jedi uses the Force for Knowledge and defence? Never, For attack!

I am assuming it because KNOWLEDGE WAS RESPECTED BECAUSE THERE WERE NO FUCKING BOOKS IN THAT TREE.

None of the shit in this movie made sense

to the point that i think they just threw in cop-outs everywhere so they could pave over any fuck ups they felt they made

Yes he just destroyed priceless historical artifact that's been maintained trough the sweat of the natives for thousands of generations just so he can have shits and giggles.

>We are what they make us to be, that is the burden of a true master

Wow so this is the huge brain of the TLJ soytellectual.

He said "We are what they grow beyond", which might sound nice but it's kinda complete bullshit since Kylo Ren was Lukes teacher, he knew rey for one day and just gave her some general history.

Fuck you, yoda

>Yoda was earnest and straightforward with Luke about carrying on the Jedi order when he was on his deathbed
Yoda knows the Jedi will go on because he knows Rey has the books. He wants Luke to feel like he was right so he could be at peace.

>we don't need knowledge we need violence

that's the official statement of sjws

>oh no he burned a tree they liked and watered

Anyone have a webm of rey having the books? I can't remember that from the film.

a jedi does not seek out and murder people. A force ghost could, but that is not what they do, they've attained a higher calling and pass knowledge on to others.

Hopefully luke will be an all powerful force ghost training children jedi on all kinds of planets. Imagine he runs like 10 schools with hundreds of children on many worlds raising an whole army of jedi to right rey.

Doesn't change the fact that the message of Rey already possessing the knowledge she needs is stupid. And don't give me crap that Rey read all the Jedi texts in such a short timeframe. Plus the movie should show us that if it really happened. Even showing her reading it and getting interrupted by something important at least.

He didn't burn a tree they liked and watered, he burned a priceless historical artifact to play a practical joke on Luke and convince him to save ten people which will be dead in a few decades while the natives maintained that artifact for millennia. It's fucking stupid no matter how you look at it, casual destruction of history and tradition is not Star Wars.

You could just grab it and bend the sword if she hits you with it. It's cheap plastic.

>the message of Rey already possessing the knowledge she needs is stupid
Are... are you retarded?

Why does it matter if she read them? If she took them It's because she's going to read them.

And they never say she needs them and its not because she's an overpowered bitch (which she is) that already knows everything, its because they're not really that important.

How did this become pasta

Finn opens a drawer on the Falcon and they're just in there. It's easy to miss. It completely went over my head my first viewing.

she can speak wookie and two different droid languages. im sure they'd make her able to read ancient jedi, if it's not just english

Can we talk about alpha luke suckin the blue tiddy milk onscreen?

t. YodaIDF

This shit is painful to see.

I'm convinced you people are just shitposting

The millions of jedi who died in the past didn't turn into ghosts?

What historical artifact? What are you talking about? and It wasnt played for laughs. It's so Luke realises he can't live with regret his whole life, that he needs to learn from his mistakes and move on, so he can save the spark that will light the fire that will burn the First Order down and bring balance to the force (at least until the next trilogy)

>Heh, I killed this strawman I disagree with in a comic
>I win the argument

Or is this a parody I can't tell

It’s a parallel to Buddhist monks who don’t believe in attachment to material things

Yoda knew Rey took the books, he was just fuckin with Luke so he'd quit being a pussy and do something with his life

Luke and the entire ressitance would have been dead anyway in a few decades you fucking retard.

You don't destroy a priceless 5000 year old artifact to play a joke.

Ah yes because destroying their old temples to teach some student a lesson is definatley within their tradtion

FUCK OFF YOU RETARD

It was a stupid way of doing it. The fact the texts are safe doesn't come until the end and it just feels out of place for yoda to say something like that. They could have handled it in a much better way. Fuck Luke wanting to burn the tree down in the first place was stupid but Luke's entire character made little sense.

Like end it

If YODA had nipples, would Luke have milked him?

Disney doesn't want Hayden anywhere near their project.