Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Why isn't anyone talking about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Military_Order_of_Malta
twitter.com/AnonBabble

IT'S NOT FUCKING STAR WARS REEEEEEE

thank christ this isnt made by BBC, id actually kill myself if i saw black and arab templars

>series about the knights templar
Cool
>isn't actually about the crusades
And there goes any interest I had.

looks pretty gay

I wanna watch it but i'm guessing the templars are fighting religious aliens and they're gonna try to tie the show in with ancient aliens and audiences will believe that templars were alien fighters who saved the planet

It's so bad. you can tell its made by the US history channel specially for americans in the first few minutes

>History Channel
so a semi-historical fanfic with terrible acting and copious melodrama?
no thanks

The Templars had an interesting post-Crusades history that ended in tragedy when the king of France murdered all of them in a ploy to steal their money. It could make for a good show, I guess, but I have no expectation that the History Channel will do it justice or even make something that's watchable.

>He hasn't seen Vikings

Is this gonna be some anti-Catholic shit, or will the Church be treated fairly? Also remember that the Templars were heretical.

>history channel

there's black and arab vikings?

historically inaccurate

Jeremy Renner is producing it and he's christian. At least so far, 2 episodes in it seems alright. There's a edgelord atheist character that feels out of place for the time, but he's a incompentent villain that gets BTFO by the Pope.

>show made of Englishmen during King Edward I rule
>protecting jews

I didn't like the first episode, but the second one was good. Normally pilots are bad anyway, so I'm cool with it.

Looking forward to more.

>historical reenactments
This shit's terrible. If I want to watch a period piece, I'll watch a period piece. If I want a documentary, I'll watch a documentary. Don't try to mash the two together. It reeks of shit.

no but there's plenty of stronk Viking womyns

Let me guess the plot
>evil white templars trying to remove peaceful sub-saharan muslims from their rightful homeland
>templars have gay sex orgies
>templars kill innocent kids
>templars oppress women
>templars get BTFO and everyone cheers

>muh marie

Even worse, the Templars are pro-Jew good guys

Is de Nogaret going to smash that teenage pusy?

isnt this a period piece

none of this so far

a bit of this, but it isn't that bad imo

Not if it's short vignettes of the Templars intercut with historical "experts" talking about the time.

If it's literally just a costume drama, then that would be different, but I can't see HC putting out something like The Crown that's half-decent.

Pope Alexander III (1159-1181) is the author of the oldest extant version of the bull. Excerpts from a translation of the bull follow:

"[The Jews] ought to suffer no prejudice. We, out of the meekness of Christian piety, and in keeping in the footprints of Our predecessors of happy memory, the Roman Pontiffs Calixtus, Eugene, Alexander, Clement, admit their petition, and We grant them the buckler of Our protection.
For We make the law that no Christian compel them, unwilling or refusing, by violence to come to baptism. But, if any one of them should spontaneously, and for the sake of the faith, fly to the Christians, once his choice has become evident, let him be made a Christian without any calumny. Indeed, he is not considered to possess the true faith of Christianity who is not recognized to have come to Christian baptism, not spontaneously, but unwillingly.
Too, no Christian ought to presume...to injure their persons, or with violence to take their property, or to change the good customs which they have had until now in whatever region they inhabit.
Besides, in the celebration of their own festivities, no one ought disturb them in any way, with clubs or stones, nor ought any one try to require from them or to extort from them services they do not owe, except for those they have been accustomed from times past to perform.
...We decree... that no one ought to dare mutilate or diminish a Jewish cemetery, nor, in order to get money, to exhume bodies once they have been buried.
If anyone, however, shall attempt, the tenor of this decree once known, to go against it...let him be punished by the vengeance of excommunication, unless he correct his presumption by making equivalent satisfaction."

>but it isn't that bad imo
just highly inaccurate.
Crusades would regularly slaughter the jews as warm up

/our guy/

Based

>History Channel
That's why.

And not even gratuitous nudity and sex scenes to save it, a la Rome, The Tudors, The Borgias, etc., because basic cable.

Pilot made me hate the main character, but second episode redeemed him a bit. Time will tell if he becomes likeable.

Why don't the Hospitallers ever get any love?

Man, people really knew how to write back then.

What's going on with that mail?

Edward I clearly ignored that since he did alot against the jews in England
>banned Usury
>killing several head of jewis families
>eventually telling them all to covert or get out
I know this show isn't set in England, but the king was well respected and probably moreso by crusaders since he led one of his own in earlier life

Apologize to Rome you cunt

>tfw the more you learn about history the more you realize the Catholic Church is often the good guy

>you will never be a artistically trained doctor who got to wield a mighty Haubert and save people for the Lord taking anything you could find along the path and watch your efforts bear fruit as you keep people fighting longer and stronger and your works become heralded as the precursor to modern medicine

Shitty branding.

Templars sounds more bad-ass.

Nobody likes survivors, user. They're boring. And the Hospitallers survived.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_Military_Order_of_Malta

>Law banning the prejudice of Jews
>Says the Catholics are the good guys for this
Get out

last kingdom only had white people

I prefer the Teutonic Knights tbqh

Haubert is the French word for coat of mail, jackass.

Epee is French for sword.

>will the Church be treated fairly?
>Also remember that the Templars deserved to be burned at the stake
The eternal Christfag visits again

Oh fuck off. It's not like we wanted to do it.

hence why he did what he did. Usury was ruining the country

I think the jewess was cute, is she coming back?

what's that got to do with the bbc?

St. Louis was the last good French king, the French monarchy started going downhill the minute he died.

Deuteronomy 23:19-20
Tell me, how fun was it having to use your enemies' commandment to loot your banking system as your own commandment to let them loot your banking system?

Why is the wife character in every tv show ever unlikable?

Rome didn't need saving you cunt

I was going to try to disprove that with an example but I can't think of one

>nobody ever deserves to be burned
The eternal soyboy strikes again

In the same decree he also says that jews should not try to influence Christian society and subvert it or they will be punished for it