IF YOU NEED A FRIEND

IF YOU NEED A FRIEND

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/S9GHYEQooes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

STOP EATING ALL OF OUR STEAK

proto reddit movie

Is this a true unironically example of a perfect kino?

Damn this ending. It gave me such a melancholy feeling and overwhelming sadness that I won't get to see the rest of their lives together. When you look past all the hot topic bullshit Napoleon Dynamite was great.

you know what? you can leave!

I see you're drinking 1%, is that because you think you're fat? Cause youre not, you could be drinking whole if you wanted to.

This film nearly perfectly encapsulates the feeling of growing up in a shithole in bumfuck nowhere in the early 2000's.

Honestly, it's a better version of Lady Bird which also happens to be funnier (though the two are differentiated by Lady Bird not being set in an actual wasteland).

Your mom goes to reddit

Terrible movie. Hipster shit with no laughable jokes. Like watching an Andy Kaufman bit.

fat manchildren

idk, like user said, maybe a city soyboy like yourself wouldn't get it

You guys are retarded

I was in HS when this released and it was pretty divisive some people loved it and others hated it or didn't get why people liked it. My gf at the time said she didn't like it and I was considering breaking up with her over it.

shut up stalin go photoshop another friend who bullied you out of your prom pics faggot

this
Shit like having the hottest girl at school being a cashier you run into when you're out with your family was terribly awkward when you live in a tiny shithole town

>my gf

>he's_right_you_know.jpg

in a way that is true but its also a good movie

YOU THINK ANYONE WANTS A ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE FACE WHILE I'M WEARING THESE BAD BOYS?

Yes, Im going to rewatch it right now
youtu.be/S9GHYEQooes

I"M KIND OF BUSY RIGHT NOW!

IF YOU SNEED A FRIEND

just a reminder that Tina was the little girl in Corina Corina

It is.

It's weird though. I saw it, and thought it was one of the funniest movies I had ever seen, and that it was utterly perfect in every way a film can be. It worked on all levels.

Then I saw some of the reviews - especially someone like Ebert, who loathed it. Absolutely loathed it.

I could understand it with Freddy Got Fingered and other similar films, but I thought this was genuinely great.

The interesting thing is watching his later films - especially Gentleman Bronco's and the Bible/Dinosaur movie.

All the ingredients were there. They were handled in the same way...yet they just didn't work at all. Bronco's had moments, but it was really unpleasant. The other ones were just flat out not funny/awful.

They were everythign negative reviews of Dynamite were.

So I wonder what it is that made Napoleon work.

I think it was just kind of a perfect storm. Just the right amount of subtlety, awkwardness, humor, and atmosphere that made the whole movie really charming and amusing to watch. The characters are all likeable, unique, and actually develop over the course of the film. The aesthetic really captures the time period well, and gives a kind of quirky spin to it by setting it rural small town.

The plot is simple, too, and the concept is really just great. Everything logically follows in this movie, and it ends on a very satisfying note. Having a comedy center around a crew of misfit geeks, and a lanky, mouthbreather with a heart of gold for a protagonist is really unique and makes for some great comedy.

Plus, it just has those black horse meme tier moments like the talent show dance, karate classes, and the pocket tater tots that just solidifies the film in people's memory. It has a magnetism that can't be formulaically recreated, even by the same director. Not the best movie out there, but it's among my favorite comedies easily. I love this movie.

fucking greatness

I said come down here and see what happens if you try and hit me

I honestly cant think of anything in the movie i didnt enjoy, even kino like the trilogy had some pretty jarring moments, its honestly a perfect movie, not the best or anything, but i think thats what made it so perfect, it didnt set out to be deep or grand or anything like that, so it didnt really have a chance to fall short, it set out to show the day to day musings of various silly and painfully awkward characters and it not only did exactly that but did it consistently. While it may not be conventional, it is perfect and absolutely kino imo

Yes

Great soundtrack too

So I wasn't alone in thinking Lady Bird was somewhat similar?

Best line?

and Waterworld

wait Tina was the llama
Deb was the girl, but played by a girl named Tina

Based effortposter

I went in to gentlemen brancos hoping for the same, really only the sam rockwell parts were good, a few laughs outside of that.

pick any random line by Kip or Rico, and I'd probably agree

I have the same crockpot as them, same color and everything, it was my grandmas

It reminded me of a Wes Anderson movie. I wonder if the director was influenced by him.

A lot of the cinematography is still being copied to this day. The whole 'static camera filming a scene from 200 yards away' thing was popularized by ND. Not that it wasn't utilized before though, but there was a definite increase after ND came out.

Rico’s speech where he bets he could a pigskin over them mountains. If coach put him in the 4th quarter, we’d be state champions. Would have gone pro, things would be so different

I caught you a delicious bass....

Yet we never see napolean fishing, film ruined.

>tfw your dreams of being a successful athlete are dead and you're stuck taking care of your autistic nephew in the same shitty town you grew up in

>tfw will never fall in love with a humble boondoggle merchant that tolerates your bizarre idiosyncrasies
Anyways, this movie is a goddamn masterpiece. I'm so pleased there's never been a sequel.