Should Trill League get picked up by [adult swim]?

Should Trill League get picked up by [adult swim]?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=LgywipulhwY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAlfdf_1cI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yes.

I'd be down for superhero Boondocks

could be cool

I'd watch a Justice League show with nigger memes but why would I watch a nigger meme show with sorta Justice League

why does every show with a black cast have to be so "yay we ghetto"? cant they just be normal vs the worst possible aspect of that culture? Not that hanging out on a broken tagged porch with a flat top and gold bling on a kids neck isnt awesome. yo yo yo waddup

Of course adult swim was made for it
It could be the next Rick and morty

DC should publish it.

It'll fill the hole boondocks left behind of the "wacky anime niggas" show

who knows, might have good action too. Just hope it doesn't get preachy.

real life ghetto trash is proud of being ghetto trash and this is part of what makes it entertaining to watch, there is no reason to write a "normal" black character without taking advantage of the fact that they are black unless you are going for representation

that's like saying there's no reason to not write a normal italian guy because he could be a fat chef instead

I am not talking about stereotypes, i am talking about writing a character of a race/gender/whatever and not taking advantage of that in any way, like writing a normal Italian guy but the only Italian thing about him is his last name, sure he is an asshole and has mommy issues but none of these things are exclusive to Italians or can't be done by non Italians, and if the fact that he is Italian doesn't affect the world around him in any noticeable way it won't make the story any more interesting, you could make him American or Asian and nothing would change

Besides the painful fact that it's a "Justice League but EVERYONE'S A BLACK STEREOTYPE" parody and DC could sue the fuckers from here to Kingdom Come, it'd be fun to see.

If he had more than black stereotype jokes sure.

this is like 2 IQ points above nigger speak. What are you even saying dude?

Should change the name, still keep thinking Star Trek Trills

>this negative stereotype reinforcement
shit again. Please stop. Why can't black people have something positive. We need black people to embrace white culture more because this manufactured black culture shit is the fucking pits.

honestly this type of culture is what keeps normal black people getting shit on everywhere else.

Shut up and dance nigger

Sexy white girls tempting black guys is my fetish

More lol ghetto people stuff!!! Why do our fellow brothers eat this shit up, when is there gonna be a cool black cartoon with out ghetto shit? There litterly an infinite amount of ideas out there why the same ghettoness, im sure blacks can be cool without it.

Yeah white culture is so superior with their stolen music, land, and culture.

it's better than population control, low I.Q., Womb to Tomb, culture.

Less of a black culture problem more of a white culture problem.

Nigga show with action instead of DONUT STEEL OCs

Gee golly willikers Sup Forums, you almost sound...racist.

Need more thick black WW

If it's like Boondocks then absolutely.

I don't want it to because then It'll mean that I'll have less of a chance for my super hero show about teens to get picked up because there'll then be complaints from the suits about there being too many superhero shows.

>my super hero show about teens
Young Justice is dead, Teen Titans is post-mortem...You're shit out of luck senpai.

this is the issue though. Boondocks had a skilled writer in Mcgruder who was good at catching the irony of people in life from white and black and the american culture. If you just try to imitate boondocks do you actually capture the spirit or do you just end up like season 4?

Then let's look at it like this. What do you do with your cast of super heroes if you try to copy boondocks? Do you make it a show making fun of super heroes and black people?

Why not also try to make it a show more like justice league?

I'd watch it only if it can learn to make fun of itself.

Why not both? Ideally they'd have to find a writer like Mcgruder who knew how to do good satire and find a way to make the fact that they're super heroes relevant to whatever's happening? I'm not a writer, I just think it has equal potential to be fantastic or awful.

it's going for this kind of comedy

"FUCK YOU, SNOW!"

It does have the potential to be both but I lean a bit towards awful since the show came from memeing popular DC superheroes. From the 1 page comics I have seen it is funny though. But I think maybe he's pushing it too hard instead of trying to be a published comic first.

>it's like heroes
>but black
Clever. I would rather Kids2Kings get picked up by [as]

I've only been able to find this, does anyone else have any art for the show?

deviant art and facebook

>black people should abandon their culture, which I don't understand, to instead assimilate into my white culture which I do understand

name one good aspect of "black" "culture".

They way they treat hoes. Whites let how's step all over them and take advantage of them. Some whites are even dumb enough to marry a hoe.

There is no such thing as white culture.

That died with Static Shock and Timm's Justice League

Yes, I need something to fill in the void left by Black Dynamite

Static Shock

soul/neo soul (that kind of crowd, the crowd that would chill with Andre 3000)

love that design for sharkieta but sucks she will forever just be a stereotype

that's a pretty cool design
>those names
is this satirical or a parody?

the names are parody the content is satire

Anybody backed the kickstarter when it happened?
Did you get any of the goods?
Are there any scans of the original comic or the Black Book?
I was so disappointed when I found out about this because I was already too late to join the ride.

>hurr I hate Sup Forums but I'd definitely watch a show that showcases how retarded and gay nigger culture is

Classic Sup Forumsmblr

>ghettos are black culture
Thanks user, you probably think chicanos are the representation of latino culture

Only if the guy that directed Black Dynamite is involved.

>muh i.q. meme

only idiots with nothing going on with their lives boast their i.q.s

the music, from jazz to trap music

Christ, this.
If you've seen one "the joke is black people" show, you've pretty much seen them all.

Yes

Negative stereotypes?

Those a real black people.

>Those a real black people.
This is a real white individual.

>trap music
user, you now have my interest...

Ha, if you think so mayne.

>Anything that triggers the trumpos

Yeah. Obviously it should be picked up.

>jazz

Just because black people are doing it doesn't make it good. No one likes Prog even though it's just Jazz played by white people.

What the fuck is white culture?
Everyone's a monolithic thing now?

>this faggot hates prog rock
What's it like having shit taste?

>Dude, imagine Beverly hillbillies without ignorant hillbillies. Why do people promote hillbilly shit? I don't know what comedy, satire or social commentary are!

>A product made by Black people.
>Negative Stereotype.

Does this count as self hate?

It's true and you know it.

Play it on a synthesiser and it's "awesome prog".

Play it on a trumpet and it's "amazing jazz".

But really it's just this:
youtube.com/watch?v=0kcF7E69C6Q

Tristan please

because no one would watch a show that doesn't portray black people stereo typically.

>literally WE WUZ SUPERHEROES NOT SHEEIT: the show

How about no.

>Play it on a synthesiser and it's "awesome prog"
Stop posting

Why the fuck did duck dynasty have 11 seasons.

What I posted was literally something Rick Wakeman would have played in Yes.

If it's self aware like the boondocks sure but it most importantly has to be funny

It's not really the same when there have been a tone of shows about people from the south who weren't depicted like this.
Generally shows about black people are either ghetto dramas, ghetto parodies, or terrible comedies produced by Tyler Perry.
Yes this kind of culture is prevalent in black communities, but going off pop culture alone you'd think it's the only thing that defines them.

yes.
/thread
i need it to be made.

its gonna suck once white audiences get in on it and ruin it like white people ruin everything though.

Pretty much this... I bet the first season will be great, but by season 2 they'll have a huge white audience and either have to be tame or preachy.

i know Sup Forums is white and doesn't get it, but Trill League is a joke...for black people.

Most black people will find it funny and entertaining....because they're black.
its an inside joke.

White people will laugh and not understand.

Basically its what Dave Chapelle was talking about

yep.

Thats what ruined the Bondocks TV show.

I wish there was a way to finance Trill League and keep it small and allow it to continue as an "inside joke" but animation, especially QUALITY animation is fucking pricey. so He's gotta get that money from somewhere.

If it gets greenlit it wouldn't even air for like two years, right?
by that time I feel like alot of the humor will be stale anyhow, because music/music stars will have changed.

>Generally shows about black people are either ghetto dramas, ghetto parodies, or terrible comedies produced by Tyler Perry

Really bruh?

>Generally shows about black people are either ghetto dramas, ghetto parodies, or terrible comedies produced by Tyler Perry
>Generally

You don't get any more General than family maters.

Oh no you see this was going to actually be funny and entertaining.

>Should Trill League get picked up by [adult swim]?
TW would demand licensing fees for using their characters. This is how TT, YJ and GL all died.

Or maybe it's possible that your exposure to black media is quite limited?

If your smart enough to think about how others can stereotype the media you enjoy, and then apply that logic back to this... great.

If you aren't... then I guess that sucks for you?

This is way too detailed to ever look like something that could be an animated TV show.

This looks like shit

>Should Trill League get picked up by [adult swim]?
Adult swim seems capable of carrying one and exactly one black cartoon at a time. What other contenders are there?

Because it's what the marketplace demands. If it makes you feel better, one day we'll have the cartoon equivalent of Tyler Perry.

Good luck with that, Positive Brother Hakeem.
youtube.com/watch?v=LgywipulhwY

Regardless, what is he doing next?

Yeah, word on that. When I look up black sitcoms, most of them are things like 227, Roc, Moesha, Good Times, Sanford and Son, Different Wotld and so on

Seems like the type of show that couldn't really work beyond a handful of episodes

>If it makes you feel better, one day we'll have the cartoon equivalent of Tyler Perry.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vEAlfdf_1cI

Hell no, this looks like some stupid-ass BET shit.

Have some goddamned self respect.

BET isn't together enough for animation. That black panther thing with fucking Weggie hudlin is their high water mark.

>TW would demand licensing fees for using their characters. This is how TT, YJ and GL all died.
its Parody though.
would it not be exempt?

this.

and who the fuck still says 'trill' in current year?

Lets keep making ghettos prelevent in comedy cartoons ahaha it's hilarious !! Hahahaha even though theses issues are going on today and troubles still continue in these ghetto and hood areas ,lets continue to make it a standard for our young black people lets continue to make ghetto there "thing" lets make them PROUD to be ghetto, foh with your retardedness jews aren't known for there ghettoness and guess the fuck what they came up with that shit. i want a cartoon show about a black family living in a haunted house and Dealers msg with it and having crazy shenanigans idk I just thought of that shit could have a deep meaning to it who knows. All I know is that this ghetto trash needs to fuck off. Stop promoting that shit, black culture is made of mostly the opposite of white culture don't y'all relies that? How about you take a different spin on your heritage and try to make something meaningfull, like I said an infinite amount of ideas out there.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuckyoumean

It looks like something I'd see on adult swim. You know like black dynamite or boondocks.

"Dealing with that" not dealers msg lmao