TLJ BOX OFFICE TANKING

The Last Jedi's Monday box office takings fell 60% (sun to mon drop)
For comparison
TFA fell 33%
R1 fell 53%
BvS fell 55%

Also consider that this drop is for domestic (StarWars Land) only, rest of the world is likely to be harsher

OH NO NO NO NO NO NONO
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25265-monday-s-tlj-215m-asgard-pg-7/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-3304824
youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars8.htm
criticalhit.net/entertainment/disney-strong-arming-us-cinema-chains-with-most-onerous-star-wars-the-last-jedi-demands/
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/02/star-wars-the-last-jedi-why-disney-is-pressuring-u-s-theaters/#10b234ad604c
youtube.com/watch?v=P1k5zo0w6N8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

JUST

Notice that the Mouseshills aren’t replying to this thread. Have a bump, OP.

BRUH, LOOK AT THIS DUDE

delet this

OHNONONONONONONONONONONO

No one wants to see a mediocre or shit movie again -- this is why it's dropped so hard.

Brand loyalty will win you the first days for 1st timers, but that's all.

Good movies win the lasting appeal.

cucked

TFA laid a poor foundation.

TLJ is what happens when you make a poor sequel to that shitty opener.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY

Proof faggot, couldn't find it

They could have at least tried to make actually good movies, rather than just movies they know would sell a lot of tickets. But, you know, shareholders and stuff.

>I-It's just Monday
>C-China will save the movie anyway

Here you go shills, I wrote your posts for you.

It doesn’t matter because they are going to sell boat loads of crystal critters

Press S to spit on TLJ's grave

>Marvel fatigue inevitable
>Disney was hoping that Star Wars would be their next yearly Cinematic Universe
>instead it's tanking already

What's next? Simpsons cinematic universe?

DELETE THIS NOW!

Incredibles cinematic universe

Not to mention that people in most countries don't go to the fucking cinema when it's the holidays. I don't know why in America it's the opposite--why you SHOULD go to the cinema because it's the holidays. That's seen in poor taste here.

Based Johnson backstabbed Kennedy so that she get fired soon FeelsGoodMan

It's fake news, you dingus, we don't have Monday numbers

Idk, In Italy we alway go to the cinema on Chistmasto see shitty italian movies. Who are still better than TLJ

Anything but [ORIGINAL CONCEPT] cinematic universe.

[Citation Needed]

THIS IS IT
IT'S OVER
STICK A FORK IN MY ASS AND CALL ME DAISY
DISNEY IS FINISHED

Does anyone have the prequel drop off numbers?
It would be an interesting comparison

>Simpsons cinematic universe?

You know it's coming user.

Who the fuck seriously thought this guy would be able to make a good movie? Look at this retard. He doesn't even look like a fully grown human.

Here you go:

forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/25265-monday-s-tlj-215m-asgard-pg-7/?page=7&tab=comments#comment-3304824

TFA had $40M, R1 $17.6M

>OH NO NO NO NO NO NONO
>BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH
I'm going to ask. How is that supposed to sound? Do we have any vocaroos of that?

>worse than Snyderman
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK

lookit dis dood
*wheezes*

Are you the north or the south?

>What is Christmas weekend?

It's gonna drop hard, no question about that, but children and parents getting a week off from school and work will give the box office a considerable bump before it dies out.

how hard is it going to fail in china when they see jar jar chinks get blacked?

epic source

I'm literally in the middle.

word of mouth does fucking wonders. on social media ive been shitting on it non stop, snap chat especially has been insane in how many people are replying to mine

>We hear
It's nothing official then

youtube.com/watch?v=3cdk2Fs2CP0

All of it is based on this, it's some guy roasting ugly people on Instagram that was popular with normies and Sup Forums absorbed it like just fuck my shit up.

NOOOOO ITS THE Sup Forums TROLL HACKER KNOWN AS THE RUSSIAN ALT RIGHT

In America, it's because everyone has time off from their daily grind, but everywhere is closed except for the movies. After opening presents, eating lunch/dinner and shooting the shit for a few hours, there's nothing else for families to do together BUT go to a theater. Even movies that people don't want to see end up selling out - I worked at a theater for 3 years and every Christmas was like the Super Bowl, nobody got to ask for the day off because we were so goddamn packed that we couldn't afford to have anyone missing from the staff.

While I think you're a cunt
He does look kinda like an older jake lloyd who didn't become a cunty alcoholic druggie etc

Do you actually have a source for this (other than your ass)

YES! YES~!
LET'S GO BOYS

OHNONONONO

Guess this is why websites like Boxofficemojo and The-Numbers haven't updated yet. I wonder what the scene is like in the Disney/Lucasfilm offices this morning? Do you think they already took Kathleen Kennedy out behind the chemical sheds and executed her?

one can only hope friendo, one can only hope

The Chinese aren't fucking racists like you Nazis and appreciate black people for the beauties they are.

>natale in sudafrica
>natale in india
>natale in new york
>etc
>mfw they actually have imdb listings
>all rated sub 2 stars
>there was apparently enough of a cult following for these movies that they can afford to send these actors to a paid holiday anywhere in the world
laughingdog.jpg

Why would you take your children to see Soy Wars XXVIII when you could be PISSING yourselves as a family to a RAUNCHY, LITTY little kino like Jumanji?

>he doesn't know about Marvel's attempts to trick Chinese audiences into watching Black Panther

They haven't updated cuz it's just a rumour without source in that article, and how do they know the monday numbers already if the day is just getting started? I don't know about america but it's not even 11 am here

They really must cost nothing to make, the fake tits of some of the bitches getting naked were probably more expensive

This reached its apex with Justice League posting. "Look at the top of his head/look at his lips" just lined up too perfectly.

Yes, I found it.

I'm not OP but here.

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=starwars8.htm

It fell 39% from opening day's box office on Saturday, and then another about 20% on Sunday.

And it is only the beginning you fucking Mouse.

Made my morning.
>oh nononono

Bruh! I was not expecting this to be honest.

...it's Tuesday, you blithering retard.

The fact that there are people who seriously think JJ can fix this mess when he's half the reason it happened in the first place is baffling

For first Sun -> Mon drop, per BoxOfficeMojo:

TPM: 50.1%
AotC: 56.3%
RotS: 58%

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

TUMBLING DOWN

No, that's not it. Source has been posted in this thread.

Sto ancora aspettando Natale a Pyongyang

Seriously. JJ is the king of zero follow-through. He's like a 5 year old kid who starts to tell a story, gets distracted, and changes the subject.

That's a 50% drop from Fri to Sunday.

Suspect it will have a pretty shitty 2nd weekend if it's dropping that heavily already.

They appreciate them as infinitely expendable mineral mining drones in Africa. That's about it.

Literally this exact same thread was made two years ago for TFA

I'm more fascinated by China's emphasis on the importance of an ocean of soldiers standing in perfect formation.

I work high up for a theater chain, everybody is shitting their pants right now
There is a massive co-ordinated damage control, from all angles, against the fan backlash

Everybody knows this will make tons of money but its it ends up coming several $100m under estimates then its not going to be good for the theaters who were made to exclusively show this movie on the largest screens for a minimum 6 week period

Well even from that we can tell something’s up. TLJ apparently fell from Fri -> Sat while RotS (tab I have open now) grew 21.4% on its Fri -> Sat.

Oh... OOOOOOOOH

Having nothing to do all day really fucks with my perception of time

Theaters make literally 99% of their profits from concessions, dip

I knew that was going to bite Disney in the ass. Be pretty amazing if theatres started boycotting their product as a result.

Didn't Disney demand a higher percentage of theatre profits for this one? Something like from 45% to 65%? Jesus.

Chinese think blacks don’t have souls or are even human, literally they are less than dogs

>somehow, Disney fucked it up so bad that a De Sica movie has more appeal to me than a fucking Star Wars one.

Poveri Ma ricchi was kino

I remember seeing ROTS on opening day with my one buddy and then two days later on the Sat. going to see it again with him and my other friends. We loved ROTS.

criticalhit.net/entertainment/disney-strong-arming-us-cinema-chains-with-most-onerous-star-wars-the-last-jedi-demands/

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/02/star-wars-the-last-jedi-why-disney-is-pressuring-u-s-theaters/#10b234ad604c

Because I have this all open - TFA went:
Fri -> Sat: 42.7% drop
Sat -> Sun: 11.3% drop
Sun -> Mon: 33.8% drop

Any theater that boycotts Disney would be committing suicide. The only real competition they've faced for the last few years is Warner Bros., and now that Disney has Fox under their wing, WB might end up being BTFO.

what is BvS?

Yes. And they forced cinemas to agree to show it on their largest screens exclusively round the clock for six weeks, and meet a minimum number of showings per day, or they'd forfeit an additional 5% of the take. It's mostly about driving smaller independent theatres and chains who usually screen arthouse content out of business, because there's no way they can meet those demands and retain their customer base. Disney is pure fucking evil and anyone who believes otherwise has to have a room-temperature IQ.

Batman vs Superman

Can you explain what hoops they made you jump through? I’ve heard of this issue but don’t understand what actually went on.

I KNEW IT WOULD. WE LOVE YOU GEORGE! WE LOVE YOU GEORGE!

Kill yourself

bruh

the terracotta army

This

I watched RotS again last night, for the first time in years. It's actually a lot better than I remember. The only knock I could put against it is the last act is very rushed, with Anakin becoming Vader. The scene where he stands up in the suit for the first time is actually awful, I get that Lucas was going for a Universal Monsters vibe but it didn't work at all. I think Obi-Wan tracking down and fighting General Grievous is probably the best part of the film.

Good, cinemas need a good kick in the teeth for all the samey rehashes and capeshit, they've been helping support studios that push out all that crap these last few years Glad that it's starting to hurt them a little now, sad thing is it'll probably all go back to normal if infinity war doesn't have anything glaringly wrong with it like TLJ had.

TLJ sucks
but so does george
stop acting like a battered wife you dumb cuntnigger

>saw TFA day after release and hated it
>refused to see Rogue One in theaters out of spite
>refuse to see TLJ for the same reason
Disney can eat shit

I still maintain that RotS is the second best Star Wars (tbf, it edges out ANH by only the tiniest margin)

We let him down, all of us.

I’d forgotten how lit its soundtrack was.

Hollywood's always been doing remakes and chasing trends. Like nothing but detective movies in the 1940's, or Westerns in the 1950's, or war movies in the 1970's. Capeshit's just the newest fad. Something will take its place eventually.

Just pay for a different movie and go into TLJ if you want to truly comprehend how bad it is

Speak for yourself scum. Only weak minded fools turned against george.

got you f-am

youtube.com/watch?v=P1k5zo0w6N8

Amazing. One of the reasons why I loved watching ROTS in the theatre. Everyone clapped when it was over.