TOP MCU MISTAKES?

TOP MCU MISTAKES?
comicbookmovie.com/avengers/even-theyre-not-perfect-8-biggest-mistakes-made-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe-a150572

Mine...
> Making the Thor films romantic comedies, the 1st one that aspect worked ok because to tell his origin he had to be earth bound, doing it again with the 2nd was a travesty & a massive missed opportunity.
> The Mandarin twist & I say that as someone who likes Iron Man 3, the twist does work on it's own, but it's still a missed opportunity. To the people whining about "muh racist stereotype" read Iron Man - Haunted, that version of the character could have worked on film plenty without coming off as racist. The actor twist also could have worked but done better if they had Trevor obsessed with bringing this character to life injecting himself with Extremis and challenging it through his rings through sheer force of will & having him be the final villain instead of Guy.
> Ultron not being menacing enough.
> Rebecca Hall not being the final villain of Iron Man 3 instead of Guy as was originally planned.
> Gamora being neutered and not a 10th as badass, menacing, edgy & mysterious as she used to be in the comics.

>even they're not perfect
>implying they were at any point

Winter Solider was 95% perfect at worst.

>The Mandarin twist & I say that as someone who likes Iron Man 3, the twist does work on it's own, but it's still a missed opportunity. To the people whining about "muh racist stereotype" read Iron Man - Haunted, that version of the character could have worked on film plenty without coming off as racist. The actor twist also could have worked but done better if they had Trevor obsessed with bringing this character to life injecting himself with Extremis and challenging it through his rings through sheer force of will & having him be the final villain instead of Guy
Yellow peril villain that Marvel made up to capitalize on it, being adapted as a war on terror villain Aldrich Killian made up to capitalize on that. As for him going method and using Extremis to give himself powers, people would still be mad he's not the real Mandarin

>people would still be mad he's not the real Mandarin
Sure, but at least it would give SOME payoff to the awesome menacing vids he made earlier in the film.

But yellow peril villains are amazing and funny.

And fu manchu style villains have style and presence.

fuck off tumblr

I didn't like the Mandarin twist because it forgot one of the basic rules of how to dosubversion of expectation;
What you give people needs to be more interesting than what they were expecting.

We were expecting Mandarin (something different than the previous Iron Man villains). Instead we got another evil businessman who had it in for Tony. We were expecting something new and got the same old shit we saw in the other movies. That's the opposite of what subversion of expectation is supposed to do.

Most of Sup Forums doesn't even know who the Mandarin is because they're all from Sup Forums and refuse to ever read any comics.

same tired excuse that always pops up, huh

pathetic

>avengers/even-theyre-not-perfect
Literally impossible

I just read good creator owned comics, and mostly not Big 2 shit.

But even I know that a Fu Manchu vilain is cooler and more interesting than what we got. Even if I dont know Mandarin, his concept is more interesting, and a new take on the character could have worked better.

The thing about Fu Manchu villains is that, this isn't the fucking 1900s anymore, the stereotype CLEARLY has no basis in reality, we know Asians aren't magical sorcerers. So it ceases to suggest negative paranoia & judgement on their race like it did back then. Today this is like saying Merlin conceptually is racist against British people.

Basically take Jet Li from the Mummy 3, give him magic rings and remove the shape shifting and you have a concrete take on the Mandarin, what would be racist about that? The 2007 animated Iron Man film basically did just that and it wasn't considered racist.

The biggest mistake was not starting with Hank Pym Ant-Man and having the rest of the Avenger films follow his fall and redemption.

Hellboy has a vilain that is basicaly a fu manchu played straight.

Only thing is that he is english...kind of....he looks weird.

Also, we expected a final direct confrontation with the terrorist mastermind whose soldiers Tony and Stane antagonized in the very first film. Instead, we got an ex-nerd that was stood up one time; in comparison, both Stane and Vanko had better motivations to antagonize Tony.

There wasn't anything SJW about that

wew lad, not at all. It was like a 70% at best. The last act almost invalidates the rest of the movie, with the spying/undercover shit being completely thrown out in favor of yet another generic super hero ending (gotta pull the three levers to undo the evil machine!)

And Sebastian Shaw is an awful actor.

try watching some actual spy movies and reading actual cap comics, like Kirby cap.

goddamn you casuals are ruining this board.

The irony is that Mandarin had been "fixed" 100 times over in the comics by that time, but it's not like anyone involved in the MCU actually reads comics besides the occasional Wikipedia summary.

fuck you Kevin Bacon is awesome