New 30th anniversary TMNT cartoon premearing On Nickelodeon and nicktoons December 2017

New 30th anniversary TMNT cartoon premearing On Nickelodeon and nicktoons December 2017
>TMNT throwback will be an hour long TMNT cartoon. It will be based off the classic 80s cartoon with most of the original cast reprising their roles. Except to see familiar faces as well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/twBEtPdLaJY
youtu.be/ZF-k-pdQAvA
youtu.be/yhLh4pw44uw
youtu.be/V1vJVlYoar8
youtu.be/ZKqzghNW49M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No old Chrome Dome. RIP Uncle Phil

That was unexpected

This gunna be goooooood.

Got a link to a news source so I can share the info?

>more 80's pandering yet again

Because we didn't have enough of that in the 2012 show.

>New 30th anniversary TMNT cartoon premearing On Nickelodeon and nicktoons December 2017
Oh great, can't wait to see it bomb! Seriously, they essentially tried making a live action version of the 80's cartoon last year and it bombed, They tried to make a throwback episode of the current cartoon last year and nobody watched it, the fifth season of the current cartoon is on now and it's tanking. Why did anyone at Nick think this is a good idea?

>TMNT throwback will be an hour long TMNT cartoon. It will be based off the classic 80s cartoon with most of the original cast reprising their roles.
Again, they did this already and nobody cared, was it just too late to cancel the project?

>Except to see familiar faces as well.
What the hell does this mean? Of course we will, it's a throwback cartoon.

Those ratings aren't that bad, especially considering the air time it's been given.

Expecting it to be pulling primetime ratings on Sunday mornings is unrealistic.

These are the Korra ratings right before they dumped it online, it was on the same exact network.

But was it on the same air slot?

Source?

No Uncle Phil no sale.

No, the episodes he's pointing to in that screenshot aired on Friday nights. No idea what argument he's trying to make.

Korra didn't move toys. You can't just look at the ratings, you've got to be able to see the toy sales as well.

>It will be based off the classic 80s cartoon
So it'll be shit, then.

>30th anniversary
>2017
shouldn't it be 35th anniversary?

The original cartoon premiered in 1987.

33rd, actually.

Dat last episode rating tho.
And fanbois say LOK didn't tank.

This, to a point, you would also need to take into account that childrens shows generally fair much better in long term syndication, Korra was never going to have the episode count to make that viable, let alone the ability to move product.

With that said, I honestly believe the current incarnation of the cartoon is on its way out of production, and they are just dumping the remaining episodes out to get a last set of toys out, though the show will be on reruns for years to come due to the high episode count

>based off the classic 80s cartoon

They already have a replacement show lined up for next year.

I liked it when the 2000 cartoon made fun of it.

>The gang has to spend time outside of their wacky, G rated universe.

>The horrors of the 'real' world cause them to start bawling.

Then the 2003 Turtles got BTFO by the Mirage Turtles.

I don't get the butthurt about it. Everyone took digs at each other, but it was in good fun.

>Then the 2003 Turtles got BTFO by the Mirage Turtles.
Good

loved the joke about the Mirage Shredder.

I actually had a sensible chuckle.

you and i are friends now

god dammit, that means it probably sucks
but i'll give it a shot.

2003>2012> 1987 = Next Mutation

In terms of quality, and ability to rewatch?

I never gave 2012 much of a thought since the start of the 2nd season.

2003 has some bad seasons, but overall hit the right arcs.

I get that the 87 cartoon is just a nostalgia boner for some people, but that show wasn't good, great toys, but it never tried to evolve until it's last couple of seasons with the red sky which was trying to cash in on shows becoming darker at the time.

Maybe it wouldn't tank if it didn't go on random hiatuses for months on end. IT's like what CN did to Young Justice, x2. The next episodes of 2012 are TBA and it supposed to end this year since TMNT "Assemble" is replacing it sometime next year.

>Except to see familiar faces as well.
Whoever the fuck you're allegedly quoting needs to work on their vocabulary. Expect =/= except.

So something actually respectable for the 80's show?

Because the last couple times the 80's turtles appeared in things it was largely making fun of how pathetic and childish they were.

I'm just gonna dump some screen shots from that show you claim they should treat with more respect.

This won't be animate by the cg team again will it?

Because that 2d bit was awful.

Why does this show constantly get shat on despite being centuries better than the goofy 80s one?

NUT MUH TURTLES

Beaver Splinter

Shredder got Kranged and April is no longer waifu material. Plus the original had iconic music and designs all around. It's also more comfy and fun.

>Implying it's not Raph slowly transforming into Leo.

>They tried to make a throwback episode of the current cartoon last year and nobody watched it, the fifth season of the current cartoon is on now and it's tanking. Why did anyone at Nick think this is a good idea?
Probably because it kept going on hiatus. That'll fuck the ratings a bit

>Shredder got Kranged
Utrom, Krang is just some bullshit some exec came up with.

>and April is no longer waifu material
No, she's an actual character.

Insecure 80's kids who have a problem accepting their childhood obsessions were made by cynical toy marketing agents who couldn't even be bothered with the post-production?

>Shredder got Kranged
Still much more terrifying and and actual threat then then moron from the 80s show that's constantly bossed around by a whiny brain alien.

>April is no longer waifu material
Lel

I do admit 2003's theme was shit compared to 1987, but then again they were to go with their show's specific feel.

Someone needs to make a "haters gonna hate" edit of this gif.

Ch'rell was Peter Laird's idea. Also still don't see why people have such a problem with it.
>he's not human
Meh, he was human for all of one issue and died

There you fucking go user, are you nostalgiafag enough to nostalgiafag the nostalgiafaggery fukkidy fuck nostalgia fucking fagging fuckface fuck you

This show was shit, it was never good, you have shit for taste, nothing about it is worth remembering or """"respecting"""" fuck you kill yourself

nigga relax yourself, It's a thirty year old cartoon

I really never got what Krang was getting out of having Shredder around anyway. But that's one of the many things they never cared to explore because kid's show.

I'll relax when the nostalgiafags quit trying to ram a decades old piece of shit down my throat every time they have the chance.

Yet it, along with other shitty old cartoons like Transformers, GI Joe, He-Man, and 1987 TMNT are worshipped as animated masterpieces.

I don't think I've ever seen one like that. The usual ones are just them having the wrong letter or single color. Maybe their heads were different animation cels.

That episode was hilarious, damn you.

Probably will. If only because consistency.

If not, I'll be surprised.

>those ratings
Those ratings are good. Especially for a franchise that makes it's money from merch

>3 years earlier
may as well have been a hundred years. Doesnt matter

The nostagia people just cannot take a step back and realize, if you do not care about the toys or saw the shows when you were 7, then there really is nothing to like about those shows.

I tried watching the 80's Transformers and Masters of the Universe, they are just not for anyone older than 10 at best. They are simple shows for kids. Nothing to cling to for anyone else.

I liked it.

The voice-acting, the character-designs, the music. Sometimes the story just aimed to sell toys, sometimes they aimed higher.

Ninja Turtles is genuinely funny, Krang and Shredder taught a generation How To Sarcasm. Masters of the Universe taught a moral lesson every episode. Real Ghostbusters veered between comedy and genuine scares. Transformers and GI Joe packed more action and violence into a single episode than most modern cartoons can dream of in their entire run.

Not saying the later cartoons weren't good, but the 1980s shows have the fanbases they do for reasons beyond simple nostalgia.

Non waifu Aprils are shit taste that's why they made her good and not shit in the 2013 series.

>all those expressions that couldn't be used in the actual show because of TV-budget CG animation

I hate seeing concept art behind cartoons that are ultimately done in CG. It never fails to depress.

Random goofy clips purposely designed to be goofy make a show bad

No one has to try to make that show look bad

There is still no confirmed source

OP is a faggot as usual

Every damn person in this thread is a faggot

Masters of the Universe is deliberately campy and even back in the 80's that's what they were going for with the cartoon as stated in interviews and commentary. None if it was meant to be taken very serious and it was aimed at very little kids.

Ttansformers is comfy as fuck though

youtu.be/twBEtPdLaJY

youtu.be/ZF-k-pdQAvA

youtu.be/yhLh4pw44uw

youtu.be/V1vJVlYoar8

youtu.be/ZKqzghNW49M

>There you fucking go user, are you nostalgiafag enough to nostalgiafag the nostalgiafaggery fukkidy fuck nostalgia fucking fagging fuckface fuck you
Shut up Raph

The TF movie is so different from the cartoon its practically its own thing.

I had to wonder..................

What is this was just a case similar to the Rhino Fiasco with Transformers?

i want this

people will genuinely say shit like "how brave" and "the poor dear..." as i stumble about twitching, making weird noises and tucking my arms to look like a raptor

Just so we're clear, the '80s April's the best April.

I blame Dobson for this.

if you mean best by biggest tits
then yes!

>April is no longer waifu material
I disagree. I thought 2003 April was super cute and was probably my favorite take on the character when it comes to the cartoons. I like how they took her origins as an intern for Stockman and made her kind of an Oracle type character. Plus dat midriff and early 2000s fashion. 2003 had my favorite Casey Jones too.

Damn son, show us on the Raphael doll where the 80s cartoon touched you.

>What is this was just a case similar to the Rhino Fiasco with Transformers?
Nope, the 80s TMNT cartoon was rushed as fuck.

is there a trailer?

Has the 2012 series referenced 2k3 in any way?

>Batman/TMNT arrives 'NEW' from Amazon
>the binding is fucked up and about a fifth of the pages are torn out
Well fuck.

>Damn son, show us on the Raphael doll where the 80s cartoon touched you.

To be fair, I get where he's coming from. Lots of people idealize the 80's cartoon when the reality is that 95% of it was absolute dreck. It's like when a Transformers fan meets a casual fan that swears by G1, or a 30 year old that insists that Power Rangers peaked with Mighty Morphin. Not only is it ignorant, it's flat-out wrong.