The Flash #21: The Button Part 2

Variant Cover

Variant Cover 2

Can't wait for Eobard's Wild Ride.

This is page 10, so nothing of value actually happens in previous pages. Fuck decompression.

Thats nice!

They probably have a funeral for reverse flash

>H Dial

We've got skeets and the beetle on the same page,Blue beetle/Booster gold rebirth confirmed

IT'S HAPPENING

>Kirby dot
Ha, best keep that contained they multiply!

Someone exported these images with the wrong color profile or some shit.

Is that the time ship they use in Johns' JSA? Nice.

I honestly would prefer if you storytime the whole thing.

No more likely is that Williamson spent those pages on dull and pointless exposition like this whole page God he's such a mediocre fucking writer. Stop giving unnecessary exposition in the dullest way possible you hack.

It's just the preview.

Yeah, it's Robo Hourman's isn't it?

Are you being ironic user?
Anyways it comes out Wednesday, we'll see.

I was joking. And fuck off, Williamson' run is the best Flash run in a while. Black Wally is the greatest.

Hey wait isn't that the Worlogog from Kirby's Super Powers and Morrison's JLA?

Oh, I'm an idiot.
I was thinking it was a leaked issue or something.

So final crisis happened? This is so fucking stupid. How the hell can final crisis and darkseid war both have happened?

>star spangled kid
>hourman
Oohhh boyyy

Just because it's better than the turd that came before doesn't make it actually good. Williamson is a dull writer, he does some stuff right like some character interactions but there's not much to praise.

Hypertime.

>Martian Manhunter's clothes.

>Martian Manhunter's cape
what
what the fuck

That's some awful overuse of narration boxes. They should have just had Johns or King script all the issues, Williamson is so boring and generic.

Hyper time doesn't explain this. This same batman remembers both.

Does this mean J'onn is running around naked or that he is that set of clothes?

thats colorful as fuck, wow

He's a shapeshifter. He's always naked

So I recognize the Bell, the Wheel and the Jar of the Demon's Three, Dr. Fate's helm, the Eternity Book, Skeets, Blue Beetle's ship, the Worlogog, a Phantom Zone projector, Starro parasites, Sargon the Sorcerer's suit, Martian Manhunter's suit, Hourman's suit, Star-Spangled Kid's suit, Prometheus' suit, Rocket Red's suit and a Green Lantern ring (or maybe it's Volthoom's ring?)
Can anyone identify other things?

>Black Lightning uniform on a mannequin with stupid hair

Fuck, that's a sexy cover.

Maybe Lightning Lad? Have those Legion fags sperg out again

It looks like his pre-flashpoint outfit is canon again. Maybe

Does Marvel ever do scenes like this? Trophy rooms full of fun continuity references to Marvel's history?
All I can think of is Iron Man's many halls of armors.

Darkseid from Final Crisis was split into multiple fragments after being killed, and Johns' Darkseid was just one of them. At least that seemed to be the implication of the New Gods' brief appearance in the multiversity guidebook.

>an old H-Dial
I miss Dial H, shit was great

Just because Batman says he's traveled through time before doesn't mean that Final Crisis happened. Batman has done time-travel many times before and after Final Crisis, it's inevitable when you're a superhero really.

Who the hell set this place up? Why did they leave a bunch of powerful and dangerous artifacts just lying on the floor?

Given the shit the JL sees on any given week, organization suffers for more pressing matters. Think of it as a closet with state of the art security, you know you should sort through it, but you really dont feel like doing it

Just ignore Johns past bullshit and focus in Johns current bullshit, he doesn't care about his own continuity.

>Wally needing help to time travel

Still shitting on Wally I see

Fucking HELL, Williamson. He wasted ten pages on recap with EXPOSITIONS because he's a fucking hack.

And DC keeps pushing this hack as the new Waid, I can't believe it.

This is such a drop from King's opening issue, who the hell thought he was suited for this crossover?

Waid is a hack too though.

Oh look, Barry ignoring Wally's help again. That turned out fucking swimmingly last time.

Waid's recent output maybe mediocre but his start at DC was really good. This guy compared to him? Fucking joke.

Also Waid never went overboard with expositions either.

None of us read the issue yet. Could be 10 pages that don't relate to what flash is doing.

>And DC keeps pushing this hack as the new Waid, I can't believe it.
The fuck are you talking about?

I thought all speedsters need the treadmill to time travel,Eobard,Wally,Barry etc.Could Bart do it naturally?

They never needed it treadmill, Barry and Thawne travelled without treadmill and used it only for accuracy during Silver Age.

Once Waid introduced Speed Force, treadmill was rendered useless.

To be honest, it's not like Wally really likes time travel.
In fact, if I remember correctly, he really, really avoids it.
Besides this Wally has jump into time travel by accident a few times, again, if I remember correctly.

Maybe the rules have changed for the New 52 and Rebirth universes, I don't know.

And?

>In fact, if I remember correctly, he really, really avoids it.

Wally's archenemy was born because he rejected his friend's request to go back in time and save him from being paralyzed.

Hey now Eobard and Barry used it in rogues war,plus Barry needed it to enact flashpoint

They use it for accuracy, this doesn't contradict what I've said.

Ok, my memories are a mess, I admit it.
But hey! I remembered he wasn't supportive of the idea!

>To be honest, it's not like Wally really likes time travel.
>In fact, if I remember correctly, he really, really avoids it.

A lesson he supposedly learned from Barry. Regardless, Wally is the best time traveler besides Thawne. Barry's a fucking idiot for not talking to him about this.

Still all that page says is that Wally and Barry needed the treadmill for help time traveling,maybe the help is for accuracy

Flaspoints a reality dr m created. Plus I guess when this is all over his parents are fine.

Wonder what this means for Cyborg.

>Implying that's the only time Batman traveled through time.

He's been doing it all the time during Silver Age. It's most likely a callback to those wacky stories.

What do you mean?

The dying part happened. Not final crisis.

Mean this.

>Convergence

Oh, it's fucking nothing.

Thats not convergence. Thats the rebirth preview image while back.

Stuff is getting reinserted in but not evrrything changes back to the way it wa pre flashpoint.

This is all "novice" Eobard, back when he was relying on the Flash-charged suit and didn't have the speedster powers of his own.

Eobard first relied on 25th century tech to contrast him with Barry, who knew a lot of speed tricks. Eventually, Eobard surpassed Barry in speedster knowledge.

After Zoom reshaped his own backstory on New Earth, he's retroactively gained even more knowledge of the Speed Force by making so he'd become the professor of the Flash Museum, and with newfound knowledge mastered the "Negative Speed Force" and figured out how to ruin Barry's life before he even became the Flash.

tl;dr: Silver Age Eobard needed the Threadmill. Since Bronze Age, he did not. His younger self's appearance in Rogue War is an exception.

Niether, it's Züm from the Hyperclan

But how...

they were just shape changed-white martians

Isn't this the guy who ate Wally's mighty infinite punch?

It would be pretty cool if those first ten pages was related to where Thawn went for that blink of time, and what he might have seen

Because It's not actually important to the story williamson and king are telling, it's just there because Porter (that's whose drawing this issue, right) couldn't think of another easter egg to put in the backround.

Not everything is erased. Nor pre rebirth.

DrM stole stuff that needs to be reinserted in.

Wally time travels perfectly accurately without the treadmill. Though Wally just got better at everything in the Waid run.

>Wally time travels perfectly accurately without the treadmill.

When did he do that? There was an entire arc about Wally trying to come back home from the future and having even shittier time than Barry ever did.

Cyborg's current origin and founding status hinges on a Darkseid invasion.

Depends on how much lost time is restored because Vic is still only 21

Oh man, I was really disappointed they got Porter for this but color me impressed

Not anymore. They will just have him with the jla while fighting starro.

Nope. JL Origin is still the origin. Cyborgs just older now.

Nah. Superman having shrunks again in the past changes things. Plus kirby darkseid is back.

A new wonderwoman book,out soon have wondie wearing her new ruka costume first and superman with his shrunks.

The jl book was at the start of the first year. It's not possible to fit in anymore They will just add in more history and more old costumes as well.

If only, knowing Williamson this is probably what's going to happen:

Page 1 (probably a spread of Thawne and Batman): My name is Barry Allen and even though I'm the fastest man alive, I'm late

Page 2 & 3: Part 1 from Barry's point of view, fighting samurais and shit

Page 4: Barry hears about hockey match and talks about button

Page 5: He runs to Batcave and we get to present

Page 6: Batman tells us about what happened with Thawne

Page 7: Barry tells us who the fuck Thawne is

I think you can understand where I'm going here...

>Plus kirby darkseid is back.
That just means that Darkseid got a wardrobe change at some point.

that was before the speed force
now is possible without the treadmill but is considerably harder to do without it

Chain Lightning and Dark Flash Saga. Wally travels through dimensions and time constantly with no treadmill.

Nope it shows up before Clark got the nu 52 costume. Nearly all previous history with
Darksied is back in. So now the lee costume came later.

Not everything is going to fit in. Supermans romance with wondie is erased.

We are seeing a another history unfold, when rebirth is over..we will know what is the true reality.

>Plus kirby darkseid is back.
No he's not.

The only reason Wally was struggling without the treadmill at that time was his powers were waning because he couldn't remember Linda, and time travel risks being thrown into the Speed Force from going too fast.

He time traveled just fine during The Human Race, for instance, arriving at the perfect point in time. He also did some zany time travel shit during Flash One Million.

can someone storytime part 1? i cant find it online

It was shown in this weeks superman book. Where everything 90s and mid 80s to late 80s are back in. Exile and electric supes, hunger.

Blue beetles history too pre late 90s to below. He retired this time from a heart attack and never died in infinte crisis.

Rich spoiled this flash book. And spoiled superman.

Geoff wants more history back in.

>Barry Allen staring at the treadmill

Barry no you fucking idiot. Last time you did this is what started all this bullshit.

okay but like what if this time things go right?

>Not everything is going to fit in. Supermans romance with wondie is erased.