George

Is he okay? He looks so fucking depressed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE
youtube.com/watch?v=ShTkpcAr948
youtube.com/watch?v=lMZHBeaMmME
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He's just longterm trolling us with this deadpan act.

he'll be fine, user
youtube.com/watch?v=d_iSQ65ZDAE

he seems sort of happy here

SOY

The white slavers stole his soul

Wtf happened

Classic

I know it's never going to happen but I would really like to sit down with him in a nice cafee and just chat with him about Star Wars. I'd really like to know what he actually thinks. Obviously this would require him to be honest with me but I am sure he's not as much of a hack fraud as the prequels made him look.

He always looked like that, more or less.

he probably hates star wars now. probably be more interested in discussing howard the duck

he's the prime example of 'money cant buy happiness'

how do I get hair like this

he should save that shit

MadTV is painfully unfunny. I looked up one of those stuart skits because a friend told me they were hilarious and I was honestly kind of offended at how unfunny it was.

because he's old. That's the problem with how we've set society up for ourselves. We spend our entire youth trying to "get there" and some of us eventually make it and become rich as fuck. But when you reach that point your body starts to show the signs of deterioration and suddenly everything just isn't as fun anymore because you are basically just biding your time until you die.

Rich people would probably pay 99% of their fortune if they could buy back their youth.

He was actually a decent looking guy in his youth. He aged so horribly.

Yeah, he's only got like 37.1m Disney shares that grow in their value every day.

The last good movie he directed was made in 1977, of course he's depressed.
And the last few movies he worked in any capacity were horrible shit (Red Tails, Strange Magic, FUCKING STAR WARS: DETOURS).

He's like 70 and fat.

Lynch seems to enjoy himself. Lucas is just sad because he raped his own creation and then sold it to some more rapists, he might be rich but he won't be using that money for anything important.

Be a billionaire

Holy fuck

Is notch the george lucas of vidya?

>destroyed the important OT stuff
>made a girl the hero
>made a guy look like doofus
>interracial love scene

he's probably happy

>i produced this

He's never been better

i like his wife, she's pretty and seems nice

Look at the prequels objectively, without all the hate surrounding them. He cared about his universe, this is obvious. The prequels deepen the Star Wars galaxy a lot, with the old republic senate politics, the Jedi councils, shots of Coruscant, the clone wars, Palpatine and Darth Vader backstories... This isn't the marks of a hack. This is the marks of someone who cared about his universe, deeply.

So put yourself in George Lucas' position. You know how to do simple, but powerful adventure movies. You proved it with SW and Indiana Jones. You care about your universe. You craft the prequels, adding such and such characters you always had (Jar Jar the comic relief, the mentor, etc), putting a not so small amount of your soul into it. Everything's right, right?

No. The fans hate them. They hate them so much and so hard they start bashing them like it's the coming of the anti-christ. And you genuinely don't see what you did wrong. There's action aplenty, humor, a coherent universe, emotions. But the fan hates them.

So what do you do? Heartbroken, you finally do what you said you'd never do: you sell your creation to Disney. Maybe they would be able to create a good story, who knows.

And then TFA and TLJ happen. Stories raped by people who didn't care about his universe, didn't care about plotholes, misused every single one of his old characters and settings. Films that are, by any metrics, a hundred time worst than any prequel movie.

And the fans love them. They love the explosions of TFA and the false emotions of TLJ. They love the new Star Wars films, they love the raped characters, the incoherent story, they love the new villains, they love it.

In George Lucas place, I would probably cry.

i lost

He just watched some asshole "deconstruct" his movie series and throw everything he worked for his entire life into the garbage.

You forget the part where he went back to the original movies and raped them repeatedly with 'Special Editions' full of pointless garbage and infantilism
Funny how you leave out that bit, because that's where everyone realized Lucas was prepared to whore out his creation for a few extra bucks and shit all over the fanbase because all he cared about now was toy commercials
Fuck off with your revisionist nonsense, especially attributing the entire thing to Lucas in the first place which of course ignores all the awesome artists and designers who shaped the universe in the first place

*slurps coffee from directors chair while telling your minions to add more toy robots to the greenscreen*
Whoa...so this is the power...of an artistic firebrand........

>There's action aplenty, humor, a coherent universe, emotions.
The prequels were shit and didn't mesh well with the original movies at all, stop pretending otherwise.

The whole crux of his films was Anakin - the sole purpose of the prequels was him. Stop trying to pretend the politics or Jedi were good, they weren't, nor were they the focus.
The focus was Anakin, who was dreadfully written, poorly acted and nonsensical most of the time.

The only merit you can give the prequels is that they had flashy fight scenes and some action scenes, which is the same praise you can give modern star wars or startrek movies.
If that is all those have going for them, they have failed horribly in knowing what was good about the original run.

I don't know if this is just reddit influx or Sup Forums being contrarian, but stop trying to defend the prequels. They were and always will be garbage.

George gets 1 star for caring and trying, which is more than Disney's 0, but it's still a failure.

>especially attributing the entire thing to Lucas in the first place which of course ignores all the awesome artists and designers who shaped the universe in the first place
Just because someone doesn't mention them doesn't mean they're ignoring them. On a similar note, stop trying to diminish George's role in the creation of the series. He was the fucking helm of the ship, and you can't change that fact just because you don't like his later movies and the changes he made to the original trilogy.

So much fucking Soy on the left

Dealing with Soy boys and Star Wars fags will do that to you. Also aging

>I don't know if this is just reddit influx or Sup Forums being contrarian
A bit of both, plus a dash of underage.

>tfw youre 70 years old and still dont know how to make a beard

He should be happy. He received an award from the blacks, whoever they are.

youtube.com/watch?v=ShTkpcAr948

I don't think he'd be in any mood to talk about Star Wars. Much like Harrison Ford (who probably never liked it anyway) he has given up on it. After taking so much shit from fans who've probably watched too much RLM it's no surprise that he doesn't want to be associated with it anymore. And now we're all suffering because of it. Say what you want about Lucas, about Jar Jar and whatever, but the prequels were original, they actually expanded the Star Wars universe by quite a bit and they were something different from the OT. What are the new movies but a poor rehash of the old movies? What are the new movies but the complete destructrion of characters we used to love and the introduction of absolute shitbags with no development whatsoever? The prequels were movies meant for kids and they were part of my childhood and I can definitely remember that I enjoyed them a lot when I watched them as a kid, especially ROTS.

At the end of the day, are numale Star Wars fans really going to argue that Daisey is better as an actress than Hayden? That Rey is more interesting and enjoyable than Anakin? That Finn is better than Obi-Wan? That Snoke or Kylo is a better villain than Palpatine? That the story of the First Order and the Resistance is better than Anakin's fall to the Dark Side? Fuck no. Only a brainless lunatic intoxicated by the Mouse with promise of new movies is going to argue that. There's nothing more embarrassing than a fan of Nu Wars

Who cares
The PT was shit, the nu-T is shit, don't watch them.

His check seems to have reduced.

>The PT was shit, the nu-T is shit, don't watch them.
Did I imply otherwise? Point is, we're never going to get another good Star Wars film now that Disney owns the rights and we're never going to get anything good Star Wars related like some stories and games in the EU. On top of all, you have nufags and dykes who praise nuWars like it's the greatest thing in the world when it's complete trash.

I had that ugly trend amerisharts do, wearing dad jeans with white autism shoes. Its so ugly.

We'll never get another good terminator movie either but you don't hear me whining about it, stop clinging onto ancient movie series for christs sake

Star wars doesn't even have a good universe, it was just about enough for the OT but beyond that it's a rootless cliched mess.

>We'll never get another good terminator movie either but you don't hear me whining about it, stop clinging onto ancient movie series for christs sake
Nobody cares about Terminator or ever did. The first 2 movies great, but they are also standalone movies that don't need anymore exposition.

>Star wars doesn't even have a good universe, it was just about enough for the OT but beyond that it's a rootless cliched mess.
How's it going, grandpa?

>tfw you get day drunk by yourself and go get some pasta at the mall

>The only merit you can give the prequels is that they had flashy fight scenes and some action scenes
>same praise you can give modern star wars

no

I always try to explain this to people, but there's no winning with them. The prequels weren't try to be the OT. In fact, they make no sense if you look at them that way--they're not a hero's journey.
However, they did
>give us a clear image of what the galaxy looked like prior to the OT
>showed us the workings of the jedi council
>introduced tons of new planets, aliens, ships, etc.
>ultimately made the OT better by showing us palpatine's rise and glimpses of the relationship between Anakin/Obi-wan.
I'll admit that they went too far in places, certainly adding an unnecessary amount of information that took away from the mystique of the Jedi, but the world-building done in these movies is nothing short of spectacular. Not to mention the OST...
I can't think of ONE thing the new Star Wars movies brought. For a second there I thought Snoke would turn out to be super interesting and fuel for some novelizations--nope. I can't think of a single thing these movies have done that was new or remotely interesting.

What is there to give a shit about in star wars? The entire universe is just random shallow space adventure tropes pooled together, with the only overarching piece of lore being a magic buddhist paladin religion with zero philosophy or history beyond calm guys good angry guys evil. Now the OT is a fun space adventure romp, but nothing more was needed. The fetishization of all the star wars imagery is depressing.

It's part of many people's childhood, you boomer cuck. Nobody cares what you think about it or how you feel about others, just don't try forcing your opinion on others like we all have to like the same thing. If you don't like the EU who gives a fuck? Why are you in this thread?

Soyboy on the left took the picture only to authentify his signed book and George is well aware of that

I'm here because you fags need a reality check. I've engaged with enough star wars media to realize how fucking overrated this franchise is, the movies, dozens of games, fucking sci-fi vs debates on spacebattles.com, you name it. The franchise has passed the point of wringing blood from a stone and is now trying to draw blood from the open air, and I'm sick of hearing the fanboyism.

Those are my thoughts exactly.

Part of the problem is that people have an overinflated appreciation of the original trilogy. They forget the pacing disaster of RotJ, the nonsense of ewoks fighting empire troopers, and the slow pacing of the Empire Strike Back's middle. They forget and forgive C-3PO the cringe comic relief, and tend to see the original trilogy as incredible masterpiece of film making, instead of... well, good, fun, relatable action movies.

The prequels weren't significantly worse than the original trilogy, but they didn't match up with what people wanted to remember of the OT. So you have raging fanboy who hate the prequels for not being masterpieces but instead just good, fun, relatable action movies with a generous serving of worldbuilding.

If you can accept C-3PO, you can accept Jar Jar.

Now, with the nu-trilogy, you have genuinely bad films, and suddenly the raging prequels haters are in the worst possible position. Because this time? Yes, this time, the films are bad, and it hurts, does it? It hurts so much.

C-3PO is a funny character archetype. Jar-jar is a cartoon for developmentally challenged children.

I actually think Jar-Jar was alright, the only problem with him is that the only benefits he brought to the characters were accidental. If you had a single scene of Jar-Jar sacrificing himself or doing something heroic intentionally, then people would've grown to like him in time. I'm just don't know enough about the process that went into Phantom Menace to know if he was an episodic character or meant to play a major part in II and III.
I agree with a lot of what you said about the OT. I remember watching it as a kid and being completely disinterested. Now I appreciate it for other reasons, and I still like many of the moments in it (Obi-wan presenting the lightsaber, Yoda training, "I am your father," etc.), but I still dislike all the things I hated in it in the first place: Leia, Han, Chewie, the fucking Ewoks, and the way Palpatine went out. They're far from perfect movies, but they had amazing visuals, music, and a lot of heart.
I don't know what it is about newer movies in general that just pisses me off. People hate the prequels for being wooden, but I prefer that kind of theatrical writing for Star Wars (Rome did it really well). Apart from having lightsabers these new movies are indistinguishable from the other crap that comes out.
Oh, and final thing about prequels I'll say is this... for all the bitching about the relationship between Anakin and Padme, I thought Obi-wan and Anakin did just fine on screen. The opening to III with them rescuing Palpatine is super comfy, and a lot of their moments in the Clone Wars series are nice too.

>grandfather takes millennial son to go shopping.jpg

He looked depressed 40+ years ago
Either he's more cynical and jaded by the world or that's just how he always feels or appears

>I actually think Jar-Jar was alright
I stopped reading right there

>After taking so much shit from fans who've probably watched too much RLM
Are you people really so underage that you don't remember the backlash the prequels got? The prequels being shit was an intrinsic part of pop culture long before your favorite youtubers came around. Fuck off.
>the prequels were original, they actually expanded the Star Wars universe by quite a bit and they were something different from the OT.
Yeah, being god awful sure is different from the enjoyable movies the originals were. They also actually ruined characters and concepts from the original trilogy. Take your historical revisionism back to wherever you come from.

Whatever you say lol

If the pacing is so bad in 5 & 6 why are they able to play them all day on TNT with good ratings

Oooo you’re so contrarian, just accept that every Star Wars besides 2 is a good movie, that will be cherished by all for the rest of your time on earth. Otherwise you’ll continue to be a bitter old fart

I bet C-3PO could kick your ass you beta bitch

must be hard for being known only for toyetic capeshit movies that are made to promote nu-SJW shit and legos

What was so bad about him? Like, he's no worse than porgs, or ewoks, or anything else.
youtube.com/watch?v=lMZHBeaMmME

>that image
Why tho?

>nustarwars movies are good

who is the soyboi posing next to him?

Things I would say to George if I met him (not necessarily in this order):

>Hey it's because of you I read "The Hero with a Thousand Faces" and first started watching Akira Kurosawa's films

>Do you have a Flash Gordon serial you remember most fondly?

I'd be tempted to encourage him to direct another movie, especially an historical type movie. Would I brighten his day, hopefully?

Maybe he took black pill and Disney now confirmed his fears.

Fucking numales

He knows he peaked in the 70s, and he lacks the humility to accept his fame and fortune as enough.

I think with anyone well known the best thing you can do is be polite and not bother them at all, treating them like anyone else.

Yeah this guy gets it. Dude isn't depressed -- he's just having a nice afternoon to himself smoking some herb and hitting up the food court.

>On a similar note, stop trying to diminish George's role in the creation of the series

That George is long gone

If all the money he got for selling his baby to white slavers doesn't make him happy, nothing will.

why the fuck 4bn dude eats this fast food shit?

I wonder what he looks like without the beard

He's just trying to eat his meal in peace, stop bothering him.

He deserves it

Shouldnt have sold it

Me

How do you feel about someone else doing your movies poorly?

x324 every day.

Poor George. I really feel bad for him because there's only few people in this world that really understood the story he wanted to tell. I fucking HATE normies and brainlets.

He was handsome.