Sicario 2: Soldado

I think I'm getting a boner.
youtube.com/watch?v=NBkC83-vh9A

It looks so much worse, so much so much worse than Sicario. Shockingly.

The first one was good, but it certainly doesn't need a sequel. Villeneuve isn't even directing.

>The first one was good,
Guffaw. Sicario was a 6/10 at best. This looks like a 3/10.

This will be the new Taken franchise.

I thought Sheridan was going for a trilogy, capping it off with Wind River. Guess not.

It was good, not great. More like a 7, and mostly only for the convoy and final scene.

It looks like another cgi clusterfest

lol
>war on drugs

Josh Brolin will probably be in 20 minutes. He looks fat too. Benicio looks alright but Jesus this movie looks BAD!

I really enjoyed the first one but giving it a sequel is like giving Traffic or Scarface a sequel, makes basically no sense (especially with a new director) and is an obvious cash grab.

the trailer sincerely looks like a parody

OH NO NO NO

will be well written at least

wew what

this should have been a one and done

lightning is not going to strike twice

who's directing?

who shoots like that? Seems retarded

This movie seriously didn't need a sequel.

And if anything - having a sequel is just going to diminish the appeal of the original movie in my opinion.

Did Sicario even do well enough in the box office to warrant a sequel? And I think without an Emily Blunt character to guide us and ground us through the story - it's just going to be a Shoot 'Em Up action style kill Mexicans story with little to no substance.

Villeneuve's direction is the only reason that movie ending up being interesting. Look how shitty this looks in comparison

lol

>we're going to start a war
>with who
>everyone

...why would anyone do that?

>>/k/

>no denis
>no deakins
>action cranked up to 11

nuke hollywood please

>that CG muzzle flash
holy fuck this looks terrible

You gotta shoot the bullets out real fast or they might not make it

DUDE LOOK AT CARS DRIVE AROUND FOR 20 MINUTES
so..... this.... is the power..... of directing....

> turn a 9/10 into a action blockbuster movie

No thank you
It looks awful and generic

Fuck y'all I think this looks great. Sicaro was a very pretty movie and the first act was great but after that it's plot didn't go anywhere and it seriously disneyfied the horror of the cartels. Having the fucking head of a cartel living in a mansion with a couple guards like he's Tony Soprano was fucking unforgivable, these people live in modern fortresses. They control vast territory and have their own homemade cellphone networks.
Hoping this one does it right even if the directing isn't as fancy.

LOOK AT THE TIP OF HIS GUN

FUCK NOT MY SICARIO
WHY JEWS WHY

It's called tension you prole

>I'm gonna turn you loose. No rules
Yeah this is how he writes. He's so fucking terrible I don't know how a lot of people don't see it!

>Sicario 2: Soldado
>literally Sicario to Soldado
>literally from sicario to a soldier

it's like poetry

it's called being overrated you retard

yeah this looks terrible

>calling it Sicario 2
Why? So people can have that brief flash in their heads of the happiness they felt while watching Sicario and then be 5% more likely to buy a ticket?

Looks like some straight to DVD shit. Absolutely bizarre that it's getting a sequel. Sicario wasn't an action movie, it's not something you can make a series out of.

HURR ME WANT SPLOSIONS BANG BOOM BANG

SICARIO 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Looks like the equivalent of this, except they've somehow roped prominent actors into returning. Hilarious.

SILVO'S SON IS THE NEW CARTEL BOSS

It makes me wonder what on earth would motivate either benicio or brolin to sign up to this? They're both accomplished respected actors playing big roles in blockbusters like avengers and star wars. Is money all they care about?

unbelievable.

ITT: Fucking nihilists

... and people who don't understand the action level disparity between trailers and movies.

Writer is the same as Sicario.
Director is someone with potential.

I expect this will be one of the better movies of 2018.

>Is money all they care about?
yep.

>Writer is the same as Sicario.
My thoughts exactly.

Well, Brolin is in capeshit and del Toro is in Star Wars.

They're actors and it's an easy gig that probably pays well. Why wouldn't they do it?

>Writer is the same as Sicario.
So it's going to be fucking terrible.

>They're both accomplished respected actors playing big roles in blockbusters like avengers and star wars

You answered yourself, why did you keep typing?

isnt BDT in MCU?

>so much action

fuck this

pure rehash kino

The world is shit once you've fucked a few girls and boys you realize there is nothing

Oh yeah, he was in the first Guardians of the Galaxy. I think that was a one and done type deal, though. But l haven't seen the second one, so he might have been in that too, l dunno.

Hell Or High Water is so on the fucking nose its embarrassing, people acted like it was one of the most subversive and smartly written films of the year

I mean, it may be star wars and capeshit but they're both massive blockbusters that'll serve to boost their reputation, presumably. I thought they would at least have a degree of self respect before doing this though.

Fuck, it kinda looks bad.

This is exactly how I felt when I saw the Machete trailer. Cool concept, shitty execution. They should have left the title as Soldado. Sicario 2: Soldado sounds like a direct-to-dvd movie.

This is like what's happened to Pacific Rim, it's lost the soul of the original and is looking like a direct to DVD cash grab garbage

>no villeneuve
kek, in the trash

>From extreme hype to loathing the movie in 2 minutes
fuck this
FUCK THIS

oh dang, didnt know they make a sequel. Benicio's character in the first movie is probably the most badass character i've ever seen being depicted in cinema. but idk about the trailer, i think this wont be as good as the first one

Goddamnit why is life always a disappointment

Lol it fell off the gun at the end, nice motion tracking

it's written by the same guy who wrote the first one.

not exactly jarhead 2 tier.

i mean we have hundreds of autistic NEETs deciding whether a movie sucks or not based on a 2 minute trailer.

Visually, it looks shit. Trailers are supposed to display some of the more eye catching shots, and this trailer has nothing. The production values have also very clearly taken a hit and Brolin and Del Toro both look bloated as fuck.

Sure, but this is a sequel to a movie that was received very well. No Denis or Deakins is probably a bad sign, but it's written by the same guy that wrote the first one and helmed by an up-and-coming director.

It's probably gonna be disappointing, but it's not all bad.

And again,
MONEY
O
N
E
Y

This looks like shit. What makes that scene work visually in the first movie are the people moving vertically with the horizon outlining their movement. This version just looks terrible

First impressions never lie

No Dennis no watch

not really

>Not Villeneuve
N O T K I N O
at least the writer is the same

now its just another Sup Forumseddit flick. based

>it's written by the same guy who wrote the first one.
Why do people keep saying this like this will save the movie? Taylor Sheridan is an awful writer. The script for Wind River is pretty horrendous.

What a dummy you are

>Guffaw.
I don't think I have cringed this hard in a while.
>Sicario was a 6/10 at best.
Stick to r/movies, friend.

>The script for Wind River is pretty horrendous

nah

sorry Taylor the movie is bland. This "Sicario is amazing" meme needs to die. The script was utter dogshit. It looked great, the actors were admirable, solidly edited, atmospheric score. But the writing... you could tell the writer has amateur at best knowledge on the subject. It was all very hokey and sensationalist, with dialogue that wouldn't be out of place on a Law and Order episode (This is the land of wolves). And then there were the contrivances. That Jon Bernthal scene was such a mess from a writing standpoint. The motherfucker happens to have that specific wrist band linked to the drug money in a previous scene? Fuck off. And all the characters other than the three mains were just wastes. I give this movie a 6/10 based on the atmosphere, performances, and other little things, but this didn't win any awards and rightly so.

Sicario's writing was probably its weakest point. It was a film elevated by Villeneuve, Deakins and the cast. The fact that the writer didn't realise that Sicario should have been an open and closed story really casts doubt on this movie's chances.

Wind River is a great movie, m8.

>Shouldn't we wait for back up?
>This isn't the land of waiting for back up. This is the land of you're on your own.
And you think this dialogue will save the Sicario sequel?

people that don't like sicario are people that don't understand people tbhsenpai

That's just brazen.

Yeah sicario's script was fucking trash, but the rest managed to rise of it, now that we don't have villeneuve its a train wreck in the making

>The fact that the writer didn't realise that Sicario should have been an open and closed story really casts doubt on this movie's chances.

Why do you people keep saying shit like this? Do you think they asked him, or del Toro, or Brolin if they should make a sequel or not? They just gave them a stack ot cash and told them to do more of what they did last time.

>Villenueve
>KINO
Is B R A V O N O L A N KINO for you as well?

>Enemy
>Arrival
>Polytechnique
>Incendies

>Not Kino

It's a 6/10, maybe a 5/10. Trash script that wouldn't be out of place in a middling Justified episode. Competent visuals and performances.

>Director is someone with potential
They are just trying to copy villeneuve's style, there is no talent or potential there at all

He had an infinity stone so Josh Brolin will be killing him in the next Avengers.

wow

>Villeneuve isn't even directing
So it might actually be a good film then?

Can any move just be a one-off anymore or does everything have to be a franchise?

Italian director the son of Sergio sollima who was one of the best political western filmmakers in the 60s, this one made mostly TV shows about the mafia like Gomorra, he's actually an interesting talented and relevant choice. Trailer tries to sell it as an action movie but I believe it'll be like elite squad.

What are two of the most overrated crime films of the last 10 years? Gomorrah and Sicario. This movie was destined to be made.

What are you talking about? is an standard shooting stance.
Is nice to see that they bother to use the eyes instead of shooting from the hip like most movies.

UNRELIABLE?

was gomorrah any good?

Just compare these two images, it tells you everything you need to know.

OPERATOR KINO FUCK YES