Based Duggan getting another chance to do Cosmic some good and try to unfuck what Bendis has done to it

>based Duggan getting another chance to do Cosmic some good and try to unfuck what Bendis has done to it
>but movie synergy

Feelings are mixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/01/10/all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel/
twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/819673876279934976
previewsworld.com/Article/191910-Guardians-Going-Gonzo-In-Gerrys-New-Galaxy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

well i do appreciate that duggan pretty much said that groot is small for synergy. at least he's honest?

I don't really care about synergy if the writing is good and there's some semblance of continuity. Paramilitary task force Guardians aren't coming back, best to accept it.

Sorry for this stupid post, but Anka's redesign for Peter really pleases me.

>and try to unfuck what Bendis has done to it
Thanks for the laugh.

Like Loveness in the defunct Nova, Duggan is also religiously following Bendis canon.

I like peters costume, but why is drax the avatar?

I like it from the neck down, but that open helmet will never not look stupid.

To be fair, how would you begin to deny it? It's not exactly subtle.

Just saw on Duggan's twitter that this run's going to have some connective tissue with his Nova run. Any ideas what that could be?

Oh, so is that why he's bringing back the Fraternity of Raptors?

he did mention tying up some loose ends from dna run too.

Will someone please sit Marvel's artists down an teach them what a fucking raccoon looks like? Rocket always looks more like a small dog, fox, cat, or combination of the three.

>he really believes Duggan will undo Bendis
hahahahaha next you'll start telling me Duggan hates bendis or something like that.

Don't be dumb user, the only thing Duggan will do different tan Bendis is stop paying attention to Earth. And while that's a big improvement, it doesn't take away the fact the Guardians will still be a small name team who behave like retards most of the time.

And then we'll see how much you still like it when Yondu reappears. That's not even continuing Bendis, that's continuing DOGFUCKER, a much worse crime.

ive been hearing this a lot.
can an annon be so kind to explain the doggfucker thing to me

>Duggan's a huge fan of Bill
>used him in his Nova run
>has said this Guardians run is heavily inspired by Simonson's Thor
ALL ABOARD THE BETA-RAY-BILL-POSSIBLY-JOINING-THE-GUARDIANS TRAIN CHOO CHOO MOTHERFUCKERS

No, I mean how he literally said he's continuing what Bendis and Humphries did in the very same interview where he mentioned the Fraternity of Raptors, retard.

Sam Humphries was writing the shitty Star-Lord ongoing.
He'd also once written a one-shot(?) that included a guy fucking a dog before becoming a crystal and having telepathic sex with a trap.

He most recently became part of the DChads meme by going DC exclusive, cleaning up his look, and turning out a pretty okay GL book.

Nova family from the Secret Wars mini?

This interview?

comicbook.com/marvel/2017/01/10/all-new-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel/

>doesn't even mention Humphries, but does mention DnA
Who's the retard again?

At least it sounds like he's doing something different with that from the movie.

>Despite his new, cutesy appearance, apparently Groot will be the one suffering the most as the new series begins. Duggan described that subplot as "the most profoundly messed up thing that we’re doing."

He seeks to undo the shit that is Bendis (Good luck to him).

Could be the Bakian family appearing, or are you talking about his Nova Sam run?

I think you're confusing Duggan with Zdarsky.

>or are you talking about his Nova Sam run?
That one.

>baby groot

Fuck off. Why do the comics NEED to emulate the movies in every way?

Aaron Kuder talking about the team's first new team member:

>We're going to add a stowaway, and I think that might be the perfect sort of tease for that character.

Who could it be?

Marvel Editors are retards who think synergy is going to get them more sales.

Darkhawk?

wew laaad!

I wonder who the new character is gonna be when they're emulating the movie as hard as they can.

Hot damn, that's a good point.

Duggan's said Mantis hasn't been in any of his scripts, and he's made it sound like before that the first new members are going to be more out of the comics than the movies.

Interesting.

Any source on this?
>Duggan's said Mantis hasn't been in any of his scripts

twitter.com/GerryDuggan/status/819673876279934976

Not to mention that Baby Groot isn't even in the movie to have some cool twist about how he's not just there for D'AAAW factor
He's literally just there for that and cheap comedy aside for a midly darker sequence
Gunn really dropped the ball with that

Nice.

>Not to mention that Baby Groot isn't even in the movie to have some cool twist about how he's not just there for D'AAAW factor
Fortunately Duggan seems to be going a different path there I think he's compared what's going on with Groot, and the larger story arc, to the first few issues of Simonson's Thor when Surtur was hammering away at his sword and people were wondering what the hell was going on. I really think he's putting his A-game into this--or at least a lot more than Bendis did.

They shouldn't. It should be the other way around. Current Marvel comics is just too shitty to do that though.

Stop making me hope, Sup Forums. I've been hurt too many times.

There was no avoiding the movie synergy no matter who the writer was going to be, so at a certain point it's not even worth complaining about. That ship has sailed.

You can do a good Guardians comic while still having movie synergy. Bendis' run wasn't bad because of the movie synergy. It was bad because of Bendis.

Well look at it this way. It's impossible for it to get any worse.

Yeah, it's a good mix of movie + Giffen. I still don't like the hair showing though.

They're already confirmed. He means from his stint on Sam's ongoing. He said that there aren't currently any plans for Sam himself to appear (I guess Rich + the Bakians + new Novas is already too much for what are essentially just supporting cast members), but he'll be returning to a couple lingering plot threads. The only thing I can think of would be the return of the Black Novas and finally getting around to the reveal that Garthan Saal was a member/leader?

Jesus Groot, calm the fuck down.

Y'know what was worse? When Peter Parker married MJ to create synergy between the comic books and the comic strip.

agreed

Well, Mantis is going to be joining the team for sure since synergy combined with the fact that fans want her back on the team regardless. The Fraternity of Raptors are going to be playing a major role in the early arcs, so Darkhawk seems like someone that should obviously be involved if that's the case.

But let's be real, the stowaway is probably Deadpool.

Why "nice"? Just because she's in the movie? Mantis SHOULD be on the Guardians!

Yeah, I'm not sure what connective tissue from there could show up here when most of his arcs were directly about Sam's life. Was he setting up a Saal story with his Black Nova material? He has said he'll be returning to some loose ends from DnA's run, so maybe...

Of course, the best outcome would be Bill showing up like he did in Nova, but that feels like a dream.

>Was he setting up a Saal story with his Black Nova material?
People have speculated that both Duggan and Loeb were hinting at connections between Saal and the Black Novas, but it's mostly speculation.

Nah, Duggan's said he wants to move the book away from Earth stuff and welcomes the chance to do a team book without Deadpool. Plus that DP #30 will be what scratches that "Deadpool in space" itch (I believe that's also the issue that will explore the new Nova Corps a little).

The fact that Kuder seems to put such emphasis on this character being a "stowaway" makes me think it might be Cammi, although I hope not. I'm really hoping Darkhawk joins at some point with the Raptors stuff and Duggan not really denying that he will when people ask him about it on twitter.

I'm not the only one thinking it, right?

Oh lord

Well, if he can't be an Avenger, maybe he can be a Guardian.

previewsworld.com/Article/191910-Guardians-Going-Gonzo-In-Gerrys-New-Galaxy

>A year from now, the galaxy won't be the same, and neither with this team. We're going to introduce some new names, dust off some old names.

That "dust off old names" part actually makes it sound like we may be getting some surprise members like Darkhawk, and not just movie synergy characters like Mantis and Yondu who have already been appearing semi-regularly.

Yondu has been appearing semi regularly?

He was just in Humphries's Star-Lord for maximum origin-rewriting and synergy.