Is Star Wars dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/tv/1513691726701.gif
youtube.com/watch?v=ZNu2GSMXk2o
youtube.com/watch?v=juUXM5EnXOY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No. Their internal polling will show people don’t give a fuck about episode 9. They will bring back Luke as a character, feature him prominently in all marketing materials and give us our final showdown between Kylo and Luke.

They will probably bring back Lando and some lesser known characters as well to fill the void left by Han and Leia.

Essentially, they will overload Episode 9 with nostalgia to bring the fans back after the Episode 8 disaster.

star wars has been dead since ROTJ

Mark Hamill has already put on 10 pounds and I think he'll lose his beard in a few weeks, I don't think they are planning on bringing him back

It's dead.
Bury it.
Consider this mercy.

A beard like that grows in like tw0 months.

i.4cdn.org/tv/1513691726701.gif
really?

Cinemascore: A
IMDB: 8.0
stop caring what score it has on shady sites like rottentomatoes

That doesn't matter, they could CGI his body for fucks sake if they really needed to. They will do what they need to to make this movie a success, which is bring back Luke.

It’s been out for less than a week and has made $500mil.

It’s alive.

imdb score is beyond meaningless.

There are literally no plot line or characters to look forward to.
I have no fucking idea how they're gonna try and get people interested in 9. I personally dont't give two shits about anything that happens in 9.

>is Star Wars dead?
since the remasters

but isn't the new trilogy all about everything being practical/real?

The shilling here against this movie is amazing. It was better than TFA, at least they did different things.

And muh Luke hero from childhood is pure is a stupid argument.

No shill it cost 350 million to make and then add in tons of mo eh to pay off toy makers, marketing, and other shit. 500mil to break even and it has huge drop off as no one is going due to bad word of mouth.

Even with break even it’s not a lot of money for themselves given the time to make it and effort. It’s also damaged the brand which costs future toy ane ticket sales. Finally it costs time and money to fix brand.

Heads will roll.

its more accurate with its weighted average to stop review bombing

> Implying the last scene wont be his force ghost doing sexy pottery with Rey while Unchain Melody plays

I hope you are trolling. There literally isn't a single fucking thing good about TLJ.

He lost his bear immediatel after filming TLJ, I believe it was a sign he wasn't coming back. But he grew it back quickly after because his wife told him he looked better with it. I have the impression JJ abrams or Kathleen Kennedy insisted on Luke dying in TLJ, they don't like him for some reason. He said he tried to convince Rian Johnson to delay his death to 9 but he refused. I wonder if it was entirely up to Rian.

I hate the petition to redo star wars episode 9, the movie was great. Yes they killed SOME parts of the original trilogy but episode 8 got massive backlash for being too similar. It's a no win situation...

>55%

Is film criticism dead?

By bringing back Luke. It’s a necessity to save the franchise.

>((((weighted))))

Seems legit

No half the other movie it's already filmed, but just like the previous trilogy, they will have to use more cash on promoting it.

BRUH

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNu2GSMXk2o

I think he just got tired of constantly lying to promote a movie, he reached that age where this kind of behavior can't affect him that much anymore, career wise (like John Cleese) and thats a risk Disney doesn't want to deal with.

7 and 8 not 8 and 9
Checked

No, but if we keep making more bots and use them to spam fake negative reviews then we can convince people that it is!

KK is definitely the controlling force.

It's good to see that our bot brigading is having a visible effect on the score. It hasn't been as easy to manipulate as the RT score was, but we're finally getting results.

Ego plays a role as well - he was one of the few who could tell people their ideas needed work, and people like that hate having honest feedback.

It's nu-star wars

>Star wars dead
>90% star wars threads

Is this what you got a journalism degree for? Or do you even have one?

well they kind of deserve it, I mean they did the opposite thing to us with tfa

>implying alt right trolls can kill the biggest film franchise in the history of cinema

Yes a 220 million opening weekend definitely classifies as dead.

Sup Forums is a mental illness

What are you talking about? I didn't mention having any sort of journalism degree...

I'm just a fellow Sup Forums 'channer who is happy to see we're finally getting some results on the IMDB score front. Nothing more, nothing less.

Checking Star Wars dubs

They're trying to build a 40 year franchise again. If word of mouth kills their first new trilogy before it's even done, then they have serious problems.

Why can't Disney dickriders face the fact that they pissed off a lot of the older Star Wars fans with this abomination? Of course the casual normalfags are going to like this movie but they don't hang around on Rotten Tomatoes. Ninety percent of the casual plebs most likely haven't even seen the original trilogy.

Are you actually mentally challenged?

Calm down, all these people had bought their tickets weeks before the release date. Now that people have heard the negative feedback, we'll see how much it does. Disney was a ware that movie is a stinker that's why they renegociated their deals with theaters, they know they will make far less money this time. Fuck Disney

Yeah, you are right, you are right. Big arguments.

Why does it not surprise me that Sup Forums is full of jaded babies who didn’t like one of the best Star Wars movies?

>cinemascore
literally worthless

in an interview he even revealed that he asked Ryan after someone told him the story of the empire using Lukes right hand to create an evil clone, if they could do that in tlj. Ryan told him that he wants to do something unexpected and gave him an empty milk bottle (the last part is not true, the rest is)

movie makes $450.8M globally in a few days, hasn't even been released in China yet.

yeaa... star wars is totally dead u guys

They are all nostalgic manchildren that are crying because his pure hero Luke is not pure anymore and has died.

Seen all the originals, this was a great movie. People just have abominable taste.

Lol no, it's filled with garbage cgi characters like that small yellow woman that never needed to exist

Why the fuck TFA is still high?
You fucking retard shill

Name something redeeming about that shitfest

Good luck.. and don't say fucking porgs

>he doesn't like Kino Side of the Moon

If people were really brigading, the score would be under 40. Try harder.

It keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time because nothing goes as plan and it breaks all the boring fucking tropes and predictability of the last Star Wars films.

youtube.com/watch?v=juUXM5EnXOY
I found it, at about 2:55

55 is still more than any capeshit

It deserves to die. Disney along with it.

how much is Disney paying you

why was all the scenes so intense
and how the fuck did Leia survive in Soace and then just fly off?

Walt Disney died a long time ago, this is just an evil abomination

I think you might be, faggot

No one will want to see IX. Theres no reason to. This movie is already starting to drop in ticket sales by like 60%. A lot of the people who were lifetime star wars fans just watched Luke die to save the ~12 remaining Resistance fighters.. basically we watched the Jedi and the nuRebellion snuffed out simultaneously, the only remaining Skywalker's actress is dead, and they've made every indication they have no intent to include Lando and remind people that the original trilogy WASN'T all white men.

The plot leaves no room to care unless you were really invested in the ugly chink or something

I was not on the edge of my seat. We had a slow speed space chase where two characters wasted time freeing wilderbeasts on a mission that they had literally no free time to do so. The while movie was just everyone fucking up. I'm not sure why that's refreshing. Sure, it broke tropes, but if that's what they wanted to do maybe they shouldn't have done it on a series that was already 7 episodes deep. Basically you're fucking retarded.

And secondly this movie will not age well.

TFA is too similar to ANH, because it rehashes the elements of ANH, feels like they built a checklist and worked the script until it marked all the boxes. To a lesser level Disney did the same in TLJ, but decided to change everything else for the worse too: stupid levels, unlikable characters, plotholes, spirit of the saga, killing everything from TFA that had people guessing.

They took the criticism and decided that they liked it so much that they wanted all of it.

It's already dropping like a brick

>made barely more than rougue one on monday
>made half of what TFA did on it's first monday

IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN

about 3 months for me, depends on your face

Luke force projection was awesome. So was Rey and Ren teaming up.

Shill detected. Don't forget to share your buzzfeed article :^)

If people wanted to see TLJ after the disappointment that was TFA, they're certainly not going to skip IX after TLJ avoided the mistakes of TFA.

k

They are paid shills user

I can't understand how "critics" can rate this movie so high. Even if you try to consider it as a "normal" non SW-movie, it's so slow, boring, and filled with useless scenes. There's no intensity, no "epicness", because no one seems to give a shit about this battle/war.

If you consider it as a part of a trilogy, it's even worse. I'm amazed that when they considered doing 3 movies, they (Disney) had no fucking idea about what to do. Each director has his own ideas and will implement them, destroying any consistency with the previous episode.

its over
dead
Barry it

Yessssss

Try reading all the positive reviews from the critics on RT. They all read like soft criticisms. At least half of them are sucked-but-I-liked-it type reviews.
Kinda how I feel. Same as R1, it sucked but I enjoy SW shit.

*It's a hologram*
Damn

The trilogy's dead.
Nobody cares about Rey, Finn and Poe.
Critics repeat what Disney wants.

I think you vastly overestimate how self-aware Disney is.

It died 2 years ago user.
Time to let go.

no but the franchise probably now is worth 10% less and it looks like it´s price is gonna continue to drop due to bad decision making some of them based on political motivation some of them based on incompetence

>TLJ avoided the mistakes of TFA

Yeah, it took them, amplified them and tried to sell them as something new to worry about.

I can't wait for the Chinese release. It's going to bomb so hars with that interraccial kiss with a nog. Unless they edit that out(which was useless in the first place) then Chinese audiences are going to throw a fit.

I like Poe.