Started rewatching adventure time and feel sad because of nostalgia. Sup Forums feels thread

Started rewatching adventure time and feel sad because of nostalgia. Sup Forums feels thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Df-XFM3JK2I
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/twilight-sparkle-alicorn-controversy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Next year it ends. Feels fucking weird, man.

About 20 episodes to go before the end.

3 2/3 hours left, that's all.
That's all...

same thing I did , I rewatched from season 1 - season 6

>Adventure Time
>nostalgia

Leave this place and never return, underage

I want to do this too. Any interesting thoughts after rewatching?

user.
It's been around since 2010.
That's 7 years.
A person who was in the second grade when the show first premiered would be starting High School right now.
I definitely feel that the show will be put in immediate retrospect when it ends.
Despite its decline in popularity over the course of its years and how it made foolish decisions as the crew kept changing, the show will forever be the face of the revival era of Cartoon Network. Finn hats were everywhere, fan art was everywhere, and it took young adults and teens by storm as discussion went rampant on the internet.

>Haven't watched the show in years
>Decide to follow what's recommended
>Listen to this song again
Holy fuck time has passed
youtube.com/watch?v=Df-XFM3JK2I

No fucking way, how could it be that long ago? I'm not even old. I think?

>Regular Show has ended
>Horse was 7 years ago as well (technically peaked 5 years ago)
>Gravity Falls premiered almost 5 years and ended 2 years ago
>The Avengers was almost 5 years ago
>Sponge out of Water was 2 years ago
>Frozen was almost 4 years ago
>US election was 5 months ago

*Horse craze

>>Gravity Falls premiered almost 5 years and ended 2 years ago
Okay this one at least is bullshit, it ended last year right?

>Ended in February 2016
Yeah, you're right.
My bad.

Thank Christ, I thought I missed a year for a second there.

Love that song

Granted, it kinda feels weird how Korra ended in December 2014.

With how much Sup Forums loves to talk about it it scarcely feels like she left.

It's kinda like an ex girlfriend who one broke up (it's been so long that who broke up with who first no longer matters) with but keeps bringing back up to complain about/defend.
I know a friend with the same situation with Equines.

>tfw it took literally 1 episode to kill off the Horse Show and its fandom
Truly the JUST of the decade

I thought it was in the same case as Adventure Time?
Far from as big as it used to be but still maintains a decent number of followers?
I mean, the horse board still exists.

>Truly the JUST of the decade
I thought it was universally agreed to be the DCEU?

It just feels so soothing and innocent
I remember that comfy promo with Finn rolling on the grass while that song played

I really need to start watching this show. It brings back what life was like back then. Memories including hanging out with these really cute tomboy girls and talking about the latest ep of AT, and coming home to watch after school, as well as seeing kids running around dressesed as Finn, and of course constant threads on Sup Forums. Today people have grown to hate the tumblr/noodle-limb/cal-arts style, back then it was the exact opposite, in fact i remember people on Sup Forums loving AT's style, people even liked it's whole hipster-aesthetic. It's funny because of how everything has changed. The style that AS popularized has become loathed by many cartoon fans, and hipster has become a four-letter word in America as many have considered it to be a synonym for SJW. When AT premiered there was boom in hipster fashions and aesthetics; movies like Juno and Where the Wild Things Are are good examples of this. I remember lots of kids wearing flannel and getting funky big-rimmed glasses during this time. There where people that wanted to be hipsters, now hipsters are loathed, as well as the whole hipster style in animation. It's like when a music genre (like Disco) becomes so popular and over saturated that people's love for it turns to hate

1 episode?

Explain

Alicorn Twi
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/twilight-sparkle-alicorn-controversy

The early 2010's were a weird time
I remember memes reaching more and more people leading to horribly dated webcomics and humor, how a 9gag watermark would trigger people immediately, how big Skyrim was, and the whole horse craze taking people by surprise.

Also maybe the episode where they censored a retarded pony
It's been years

you need to be 18 or more to post here you know

I used to love this show but stopped watching around season 5 because of the terrible shit the writers were pulling. Does it get better again?

I'm 23 bro but I was 18 when I fucked your mom

Yes.

Adventure Time gradually declined and people blame Breezy for confirmation bias

> An "I fucked your mom joke LOL"

Can't get more underage than that.

jokes on you she died 20 years ago

Season 1-2 were GOAT
Fuck. Where did it all go wrong?

That doesn't mean he didn't fuck her anyway.

Pen Ward bailed out to work on other projects, then Sugar ditched for SU.

People always pat Sugar on the back for giving us "some of the best episodes" but I partially blame her for the downfall of AT. Pen is mostly to blame, of course. But he did give her just a little bit too much freedom and she ended up treating the show like some kind of alpha version of soon-to-be Steven where she didn't really care about long-term results, she only treated it like a personal learning experience for when she got her own show. Then she kept getting awards and recognition so everyone on the team tried to follow suit to get that recognition, too, because that's what they thought Adventure Time "should" be since her episodes were the ones getting Emmy's.

Don't know about the rest of you losers, but I was wearing flannels before the "metrosexual woodsman" fad took place (was really into grunge at the time). I still use the same glasses from back then, too. Simple black wire frames.

That being said, I actually wasn't big on cartoons back then. I only started watching all these great shows I had missed out on in my college years while I was trying to "grow up." Now that I'm in my mid-twenties, I have too much money and time on my hands, and no friends left to speak of, so I just shoot guns and watch cartoons now.

Adventure Time was actually the first show I got into when I was depressed from moving to a new state and looking for a fun escape that wasn't just videogames and shitposting. It's a great show for the first few seasons, but then it starts taking itself way too seriously. I don't know how to describe it, but things get really awkward and leave bad tastes in your mouth after a while. You'll know what I mean when you watch it.

But there's a movie coming in October, so it's still not dead though

AT has six emmy wins, and none of them are from Sugar's episodes.

The show evolved. I respect that they continued to push the show in different directions, rather than play it safe and put out more of the same for 7 years. For me, it's managed to stay interesting and enjoyable.

Maybe he's thinking of the emmy nominations, I think she got nominated a few times for her episodes, despite not actually winning any.