What is it about Rogue One that triggered them so much yet The Last Jedi is just a “casual mess”?

What is it about Rogue One that triggered them so much yet The Last Jedi is just a “casual mess”?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FntZKz9fXp8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They were about as negative on Last Jedi as they were on Rogue One. The difference is you liked the later and not the former.

WTF bros, why didnt they cry about Luke's "character assassination"? Why didn't they talk about how the prequels are better than this? Why aren't they clamoring for Lucas to come back? THEY AREN'T BEING CONTRARIAN FAGGOTS ABOUT THIS! Fucking mouseketeer shill cucks!

No they weren’t. They ripped Rogue One to pieces.

>make fake podcast video series in which every single joke is some form of 'star wars fans/nerds only want the same thing over and over again, they're so dumb and sheeplike'
>Loves TFA and hates TLJ, a made-by-committee, by the books, excruciatingly predictable carbon copy fan film and a unique, trope-destroying, thematically rich passion project, respectively

Where were you when you realized that RLM are the biggest hypocrites on youtube?

And they went through and shit on basically every aspect of this movie too. Oh, but they didn't call it the worst movie of all time like the Sup Forums meme told you they called Rogue One, so it's all a conspiracy.

>TLJ is a unique, trope-destroying, thematically rich passion project

Gotta save something for the inevitable Plinkett review.

They really hated the nostalgia factor of Rogue One, and it particularly triggered them more than anything else. To their eyes, Rogue One depended entirely on A New Hope nostalgia. Which is true.

TLJ at least tried something different, but as they point out, it failed miserably. It got some points for some of the ideas they bring, at least on paper, but the execution was terrible.

Them answering the love/hate question by "I have lost all interest in this series" is way worse than anything they ever said about Rogue One.

Is Jay ok? He looks like an ugly, inbred retard in this picture.

That was 2013/2014-era Jay. He looks better now.

its disney dog poop now so of course its awful. just give up on star wars

RO had nothing unique going for itself and just recycled familiar imagery with carboard cutout characters thrown in.

TLJ tried to do something new, and failed miserably at it. So I guess that's at least commendable.

Rogue One had no characters. It was a useless, nothing of a film about a story that didn't need to be told. TLJ at least had Kylo Ren.

>why didnt they cry about Luke's "character assassination"

they said it was an interesting idea but poorly executed, much like everything else in this movie

they like the characters

I still don't see anything wrong with Luke's character in this movie other than the quips.

Amazing what a haircut and a few lost pounds will do to a man.

maybe watch the Rogue One review and find out

R1 had more classic cinematography than TFA
The only thing I could think about while watching it was how much like a marvel movie it looked

Rich Evans really need to play him some fucking Kotor 2. Its a mess too but it actually executes on a ton of interesting shit.

Yeah, this idea people have that a Jedi Master in his old age is supposed to be flawless is some real brainlet shit. He's not even that old compared to Yoda and he was living inside his own bubble.

>R1 had more classic cinematography than TFA
Rogue One was full of up shaky cam. It looked like a modern war film. TFA used the same literal lenses used in A New Hope

Why do you fuckwits put so much store in this pair of apes?

You got any actual argument against what I said, Jimbo?

KOTOR 2 is actually kinda similar to TLJ in this respect. It also tried to break away from the traditional Star Wars formula and revert expectations, but lacks structure. The main difference is that it's at least tonally consistent.

Reviewers are generally of middling intelligence of about 110 -120 iq. A deviation smarter than the masses at most. Any more than that and they would find it difficult to communicate with the lower intelligence general audience or would have the ability to create themselves.
They find simple stimulation in intellectual novelties. Novelty itself becomes prized over workmanship and truly resonating intellectual subtext.

A stupid man appreciates a well assembled movie that uses tropes familiar to him to trigger his emotions on precise beats, an intelligent man values the same just from a position of how the work fits into cultural myths and the gestalt. A middling man wants something he hasn't seen before.

He is the man who puts siracha mayo on everything.

If you watch these ugly fucks, you're just as bad as them.

P.S. Look at this.
youtube.com/watch?v=FntZKz9fXp8

please go back to your jordan peterson lectures

On paper, the concept is similar. Let's break down the classic Light/Dark Jedi/Sith concepts, which, fine, sure.

But KotOR II's narrative is decades ahead of TLJ's, which is sad when you think it came long before the movie.

they called TLJ a fucking joke

Rogue One is boring. Being boring is the worst thing a movie, or any form of entertainment, can be. It is the antithesis of its purpose. The Last Jedi may be stupid, but it is more entertaining than Rogue One.

I was utterly bored while watching rogue one, what a convoluted mess. And there was nothing interesting about it for me to try to understand what happened, they went around planet to planet with boring no name characters and i honestly couldn't give a rats ass what was happening or what their goal was.

Why don't you back up your own statements first? You made a claim with no support, it's fair game to just say your claim is wrong with no support.

Guess that means you just gotta leave writing to actual writers.

The second time I watched R1 it got better. The political maneuvering with the empire was fascinating to watch, it reminded me of my own corporate experiences. It feels almost as if the force is a character of its own, cynically pulling the strings of the heroes, providing them with the "luck" they need to be at the right place at the righ time. As soon as they have they have done so you can almost see the characters go flat as the puppet strings are cut and their inevitable doom closes in on them like flooding on a submarine now their part in destroying the emperor is done.

My dream Star Wars Didnee product would be a 10 part Netflix adaptation of Kotor 2 with Sarah Kestelman reprising her role as Kreia.

Merge Bao Durr and the Exile, center the story about a PTSD ridden Jedi who ran away from the force. Maybe get Bao Durr's voice actor to play lead role. The entire story becomes about a vet learning to reevaluate his life, reject Nihilism and hedonistic anger.

Adapting Kotor 1 would be too cliche, even for Star Wars, but reveal the events of the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars through flashbacks.

Really I just want to see Kreia again.

>hurr muh Kylo Ren

So original. He’s literally just Edward Cullen in space.

I just frankly think it is an assinine waste of resources to discuss those who critique for generally consumption. They have nothing to offer that is why they are capable of offering critique that would have general appeal. Sup Forums braap posting ultimately has more value.