ITT

It’s May, 1999 and we all just saw The Phantom Menace for the first time.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.theforce.net/threads/obi-wan-kenobi-is-the-saddest-character-in-starwars.316796/
boards.theforce.net/threads/forum-debate-anakin-skywalker-tragic-hero-or-cowardly-traitor.1089017/
boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=22937
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ew

ew

>dat final fight
>dat soundtrack
pure kino

it broke new ground

>pure kino
t. 8 yo me

Wow this would be a great place to post that greentext about the kid who saw duel of the fates for the first time and it blew him away.

LUCAS IS FINISHED

>runs out of the theater screaming "NOW THIS IS PODRACING!"

Padme is kinda cute.

ANYBODY WHO HATED THIS MOVIE IS WRONG. YOU JUST WAIT AND SEE. BEST STAR WARS MOVIE.

I cant even remember if i liked it

>I can't imagine a worse Star Wars movie than this.
>mfw

Not gay but I'd fuck that little boi.

Woah, dude, Darth Maul is cool as fuck. Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan seems to be good casting, but I need more before I can decide. The kid can fuck off tho.

Unironically the best prequel.

My kid boner was pinned to my pants from the start. Hairs raised during the pod racing and goose pimples covering every inch of me during the third act. AotC and RotS were dull in comparison while still having there own moments.

I took my two sons to see this when it came out (yeah I'm an oldfag) and after the movie they wouldn't stop talking like Jar Jar Binks the whole car ride home. That was the first time I actually wanted to beat my own children, and that's most of what I remember about this movie.

HNNNNNNG

Oh man! i can't wait to see the next one. This jarjar fellow has to be a sith lord or something! He is gonna play the bafoon and only shows he is the real threat when the time is right.

I literally cried!
HAHAHAHHAHA "My tonggg is nummmm"
Let's place some more podracer on N64!

Darth maul was cool as fuck..holy shit that light saber fight was incredible and that music made me jizz all over....Jar jar binks is going to be an issue

steping poop and fart jokes have no place in star wars

darth maul was cool.... thats about it

D-Dad?

>RotS were dull in comparison
This can't be real.

is there any screenshots or links to discussion on some old message board from when this first came out

>''So, were they space muslims?''

I was 7 or so, loved Qui-Gon and spent the night crying over his death.

Qui-Gon was based, I don't understand why some people hate him.

Interesting idea, user.

people loved this film when it came out.

It's only in the last 10 years on the internet where it has became "cool" to hate on this film, but it's just a circlejerk, people genuinely adored this film when it came out.

and instead of being a fake fuck following everyone else online, I can stand on my own opinions and say, I still love this film

A- on Cinemascore. People loved it.

The only thing bad is some of the jar jar comic.
And the super fast jedi.

Liam Neeson looked and acted like some random hobo who found Jedi robes and rolled along with it.

I can't wait for the Sega Dreamcast to come out

Darth Maul was cool I guess

>it can't possibly get worse than this

here's a few

boards.theforce.net/threads/obi-wan-kenobi-is-the-saddest-character-in-starwars.316796/

boards.theforce.net/threads/forum-debate-anakin-skywalker-tragic-hero-or-cowardly-traitor.1089017/

boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=22937

It won't brake 100mil, it'll flop!
Cap this for the future so I can tell you "I told you so"

shining force 2. another replay i guess...

Hey anons, my mom said I could have some friends sleepover tonight and we're gonna play some Jedi Power Battles. Who's coming?

jar jar was hated from day one. portman's acting was criticised as stiff from day one. people questioned midichlorians from day one. people called lloyd annoying from day one

reactions to the movie were always mixed and "the film is a disappointment" very quickly became the general consensus

>No explanation to who Maul is or where he came from
>And then he just dies
?!?!?!?!

Fuck this gay ass movie. Invest all your money in Amazon.

that's simply not true, it was widely adored from day one, until it became cool to hate on it on the internet about 10 years ago.

you can't even generate your own opinion, you just have to do what the hivemind does.

>1,095 days until Episode 2

I'll be there with some PVC pipe so we can fashion some lightsabers

"Midichlorians"? So I can just inject myself with those and get force powers, right?

Jar-Jar is so funny and compelling. He's obviously the key to all this.

Yippee!

BASED

Really in 99 people thought it was good, about as good as Jedi i remember a lot of people saying

Pod racing, the lightsaber duel & the visuals got praise from normies & fans alike, but there was always the older audience that really fucking hated Jar Jar & Kid Anakin, in fact before the movie even came out people were bitching about Anakin being a kid

All Lucas had to do was make Anakin a teenager & cut down on jar jar's antics, everything else is nitpicking & anyone who bitches about the politics has ADHD

I'm 12 and I didn't like it. It was boring.

Wow, that was actually not bad. About as good as Return of the Jedi. It was pretty cool how Anakin could spin like that. It was a good trick. I wonder of they'll expand on spinning in the star wars universe at a later time?

>that's simply not true
you're right. everyone loved jar jar and anakin

Worst bait

You didn't even know what a Muslim was in 99 faggot

Did that little podracing villain have two Twi'lek slaves?

dude that totally subverted my expectations. Pordracing on Tattoine? Fuck yeah!

fuckin based

>pretty much spent the rest of the day humming duel of the fates and reenacting the fight
Felt good to watch it as a kid, desu.

THAT UNDERWATER SHIP WAS SO BAD ASS

>Anakin stupid, like child...but soo brave!

Loved it, mom please buy me a jedi toy
t. 11 year old me

What about everything before the final fight?

What are your favorite catchphrases from the movie, [old internet message board]?

man those goongas were cool

>oh boy I loved this movie so much,I hope in the future a group made by nerds dont make a video deconstructing it and analyzing everything bad with him that will make me change my opinion

You're fucking retarded.

This.

based, thank you

14. Meh. Did not go for AotC.
Still, I was able to grasp the blockade without any problem. Never understood that criticism.

Well, ['99 word for user], I liked that part where Anakin said Padme was an angel. It implies God exists.

I am 11 years old. I am ecstatic leaving the theater and I thought it was awesome, I loved the podracing and I got a large podracer lego set for Christmas that year, as well as the Gungan sub, My parents bought the movie on DVD and watched it many times before Attack of the Clones came out.

This is the NYT review

HOLy shit actual discussions
I miss the days Sup Forums wasn’t just a chat room

when I was 8 I fucking loved it. I wanted flashy saber combat and I got it, simple as that.

>Me:Why does everything look so much more advanced, pretty and sleek than it does in the old movies?
>Kid in my class: B-B-Because the Empire degrading everything, dude.
>Me: How does that make any fucking since? The Empire takes over and all of a sudden the outsides of space ships look dingy as fuck, Under Vaders despotic rule motherfuckers couldn't be bothered to clean their fucking rides?
>Kid in my class: Shut the fuck up, SIDIOUS is a fucking tyrant.
>Me: A tyrant that prefers dirty looking low tech shit?
>Kid in my class: FUCK YOU MAN

I thought the criticism was that a) it seems a contradictory for a TRADE federation to be blockading trade and b) that the heroes are seemingly able to go through the blockade at will

>dat ben hur:IN SPACE sequence
mark my words, pod racing will be a new defining aspect of this franchise. count on it.

I liked it! Qui-gonn is cool! Darth Maul is cool! Duel of the Fates is cool! Podracing is cool! I wanna go home and play the podracing game on the N64!

I was 5 cut me some slack.
Also that podracing game is really good.

EVERYBODY LISTEN TO ME I AM FROM THE FUTURE BUT IF YOU LIVE IN NEW YORK DO NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR THE WORLD TRADE CENTER ON SEPTEMBER 11 2001 THERE WILL BE A TERRORIST ATTACK AND MANY PEOPLE WILL DIE

It was Ok, Anakin and Padme have an age difference. Not sure why some dude has not grabbed that pussy yet.

Yoda seems like an authoritative "by the rule" bitch in this one.

Senator Palpatine is obviously the Emperor.

Dark Maul was wasted, should of been kept alive for at least the next movie.

Shit they said/did/characters in IV did not make sense. How come Darth Vader did not embrace R2-D2 and C3PO in the OT? The mother fucker created C3PO, what is up with that shit?

Midiclorines or whatever the fuck you call it. With the tech they had, genetic scientist could of synthesized that shit and made uber force users.

Qui-Gon Jinn was alright.

I think Jar-Jar Binks is a rogue Sith imposture. Lucas is not that stupid to come up with a character like that.

Everyone loved this film in 1999. It shattered box office ratings, had the second biggest opening weekend, fastest film to gross over 200 million, second biggest global box office behind only Titanic, third biggest domestic box office behind Episode IV and Titanic, ran over 23 weeks in most theaters, first Star Wars film to gross over 1 billion, and it is still one of the top ten highest grossing domestic films.

I don't know why people turned on this movie. This was America's favorite film in 1999. Hands down.

>No tits

Dropped. How do you even know that's a woman

TLJ is unironically the worst Star Wars movie ever made.

>God is now canon in SW.
Thanks, Lucas!

>muh serious space opera

Dude. He's an assassin, an apprentice of the true big bad. It's not like he's the emperor or something. He's just a small fry. The day Star Wars will introduce a super evil emperor without backstory and then kill him the next scene is the day Star Wars will die.

Still, I liked him. He was awesome. Really dig the vibes of trained assassin about him, could double lightsabers, cool aesthetics. He just works as a character.

Now THIS is PodRacing™!

underrated post

why are all the Jedi wearing desert garb on Coruscant?

You mean like in 1993, liar?
Security is too good anymore.
Nobody could do anything.

"I thought that the criticism for ANH was that a multi-planetary empire would not blow up planets".

Midichlorians can't exist in a vacuum. Besides, a day on Naboo is 18 hours.

IS someone with purple hair going to lightspeed into it?

ATTENTION
I am from the year 2017, and have come here to tell you faggots what life is like 18 years into the future.

You know that New York billionaire Donald Trump? Yeah, he’s president.
We’ve been at war in the Middle East since 2001, oh and if you’re smart you’ll
avoid Manhattan on 9/11/01.
There are unironic Nazis marching in the streets, and most news organizations are staffed by unironic communists!
Also, there’s this thing called “Bitcoin.”
Put all your savings into it as soon as it comes out, and by December 2017 you’ll be a millionaire.
And Disney owns Star Wars now and they’re fucking everything up. Shadilay!

You do know that Han says Hell in the OT, right?

Why would it imply that god exists? Angels aren't unique to Christianity, they're just general mythical creatures.

Hey guys I managed to get a .gif from the movie, it may take a while to download though.

>pure kino
t. 9 yo me

Angels were the name of an alien race of Asian ladyboys

stop making shit up. everyone was disappointed by this mess of a movie, especially considering all the hype it had