MISUNDERSTOOD MASTERPIECE

hype.my/2017/149941/star-wars-last-jedi-analysis/

>“Star Wars: The Last Jedi” isn’t just a fun time at the cinema; It is a God damn masterpiece.

You guys just don't get it.

With plenty of twists and turns, a cohesive story and a sheer tour-de-force of drama and action, Star Wars: The Last Jedi blurs the lines between good and evil and instills a sense of hope for its moviegoers and hardcore fanbase. The newest entry provides more than just spark and makes for a unique yet improving installment.
5/5: A Triumph.

I’m actually triggered by this holy shit I hate these faggots

To be fair you have to have a very high IQ to understand The Last Jedi

>tfw too stupid for star wars

> Misunderstood masterpiece

Damage control in full effect

>Dashran "Dedpewl" Yohan

>"He loves these characters as much as we do"
Aaaaand stopped.

as Reddit as it gets senpai

Buzzword: The paragraph.

How does it instill hope? 95% of the Resistance is killed, down to like a dozen dudes.. and we expect their galactic war can continue? Nah son that isn't even enough people to take over a small town. Wars over. First Order wins.

Not only that, the future of the Jedi is entrusted to a random girl who has had less than 18 hours worth of training and clearly has leanings to the dark side, like dies for no reason, and Admiral Ackbar dies off screen.

All that's left is Leia from the old trilogy, whose actress is dead and likely will also be killed off screen since they said they have no intention to digitally recreate her.. and Lando who they seem to not want involved in the new trilogy.

The resistance is crushed, the Jedi are all dead, and I'm expected to have some sort of interest in seeing another movie? For what purpose? Everyone is fucking dead.

This was the least hopeful movie I've ever seen. Especially when you consider that Luke turned into a faggot coward child killer.

Apparently a lot of people are if they seriously think that Rey being a nobody is a serious issue. The Star Wars fanbase is cancerous as fuck, and has been ever since the EU let everyone build their own headcanon about how the franchise is supposed to work.

>“The Last Jedi” isn’t an “un-Star Wars” movie; it is a deconstruction of Star Wars. It takes everything we love about the franchise and examines it on a deeper level. And along the way, it makes us question the very lore that we love. And that is a good thing.

I can understand everything. What the article says is okay, I might not like it, but okay.

But this shit? Fuck no. I don't watch SW to get a European child-molester drama, just as much as I don't watch it as capeshit. I watch it, because in this sad, decrepit world, myths give us something to strive for, something to dream about, and even if it's a lie - worth it.

I don't want my heroes becoming realistic, I don't want to see the world I walk through every day - I come here for a glimpse of something else, as people did for thousands of years, because stories like that make us better, happier, and hopeful.

Stop getting your undergrad English major shit in the base of what it is to be human.

>the review brigade isn't holding up
>we'll just say it was a misunderstood masterpiece

I bet you’re the guy who made the thread whining about “obvious Disney shills” on Sup Forums lmao

As if Disney would waste their time on a group that doesn’t pay to see movies

DAMAGE CONTROL.............. FULLLLLLL POWERRRRRRRRRR!

Why do I want edgy deconstruction of characters I’ve loved since I was a kid? Some user on /tg/ said it best: Sometimes you don’t want “deep” characters and gray morality, sometimes you just want to see the knight slay a dragon

Will the altright ever recover??

I can't believe Disney were okay with this post-modern bullshit in one of their flagship franchises after the utter disaster that has been the DC movies.

>“Batman v Superman” isn’t an “un-DC” movie; it is a deconstruction of DC. It takes everything we love about the franchise and examines it on a deeper level. And along the way, it makes us question the very lore that we love. And that is a good thing.

Said no one ever.

Getting BvS vibes from all this shit from the movie itself too

Archive that shit, I ain't giving them (you)s.

>Pajeet
>obsessed with Snyder
>thinks he's Deadpool

Ok, Bollywood. All Pajeets think Zack Snyder is a god. Ok. We know.

>Analysis of a "misunderstood" movie 4 days after release.

>It is a God damn masterpiece.

"God-damn" is one of those phrases where you know immediately you're dealing with a pleb. Other similar words and phrases include "bad-ass", "meh" and "hype".

It's unironically worse. At least Superman and Batman get to fight in that one if all you care about is action and power levels. Here Luke doesn't even engage Kylo and just kinda dies at the end for no particular reason.

bvs is a misunderstood masterpiece. last jedi is just shit

Rey's parents being nobodies is the correct decision - Star Wars has been desperate for a clean break for 30 years. The way it was handled, however, was awful. Especially in the context of TFA, which set up the mystery of her parentage as one of the integral narrative threads of the trilogy.

The Leia in space looked a little like Superman in space after being hit by a nuke or am I going crazy here? And the lighting and general cinematography in the "heh nothin personnel kiddie" confrontation felt a LOT like some of the scenes in Man of Steel too. Did anyone else see that?

>deconstruction

There's that's word again. It's code for: I don't have the talent or substance to tell my own story so I'm just going to tear down someone else's.

>, a cohesive story

????

But at the same time, you have to reconcile the fact that she is nobody with the fact that she has a natural affinity for the force not yet seen in the saga.

If their message was "everyone can be a hero!" they really fucked up, because it's explicitly stated in the movie that the only reason Rey is strong in the force is because she was chosen to balance Kylo Ren out. Of course, this revelation has long-lasting implications for the Star Wars universe at large. The galaxy will always be in eternal conflict, since no matter what, an opponent will be "chosen" by the force to "balance" things out. This means there will never be any real closure to the franchise.... which is convenient for Disney because they can keep churning these babies out for decades.

>But at the same time, you have to reconcile the fact that she is nobody with the fact that she has a natural affinity for the force not yet seen in the saga.

Yeah I should have touched on that. The real problem with her character was JJ doing what he usually does: setting up lots of stuff with no intention of a pay off. They tried to be too clever with Rey. Just show her to be a nobody from the beginning. Someone who's not ultra proficient at everything, who has to find her way. Audiences would have accepted that immediately. I don't know why JJ and Kennedy thought they were above the classic hero's journey when they made TFA. Of all the elements they lifted from ANH, it's amazing that they didn't understand how important Luke's arc was to the movie.

>The Last Jedi is the BvS of Star Wars
>There will be infinite discussion about it everywhere

MAKE IT STOP

>It is also important to know that all remaining Resistance members could have escaped to the mineral planet, Crait unscathed IF Poe had put his ego aside and listened to Holdo.

Fuck this, she literally could have taken 2 minutes to explain her plan to Poe but she decided to be a bitch to him instead.

>TFA, which set up the mystery of her parentage as one of the integral narrative threads of the trilogy.
Not it didn't. You only thought it did because you bought into the fan hype. Her parents are the plot device keeping her on Jakku (and wanting to return to Jakku); as soon as Maz gets her to realize they're not coming back, they're a non-issue. The movie doesn't dwell on their identity at all, or try to make it into a mystery. The released version of the movie actually cut out a lot of mystery-baiting stuff that was in the script. In the context of the movie itself, without all the fan speculation, it's completely irrelevant.

>The difference is, Darth Vader killed The Emperor to save his son. Vader’s grandson, Kylo Ren killed Supreme Leader Snoke to take his place. It is poetic.
>It is poetic.

Am I being memed, lads?

>You only thought it did because you bought into the fan hype.
I'm the furthest thing from a Star Wars fanboy. I couldn't give a fuck who Rey is. If you're seriously going to say that her parentage wasn't a massive part of marketing from Kennedy and Abrams then I don't even know what to say.

>In the context of the movie itself, without all the fan speculation, it's completely irrelevant.
It is relevant. People wanted an explanation of why she's so obscenely talented at everything without any training. That's what her parentage/backstory mystery was born out of.

So you can't actually tell me something from the movie itself that tries to make the identity of Rey's parents of of the integral narrative threads of the trilogy? Good.

>If you're seriously going to say that her parentage wasn't a massive part of marketing from Kennedy and Abrams then I don't even know what to say.
Was it? How? I seriously don't pay attention to movie marketing, because it just doesn't interest me. I do find it kind of hard to believe that something as major as you seem to think it was would only be mentioned in marketing, though. And if they were playing that mystery up, it would kind of contradict your next statement about fans coming up with the mystery to explain her powers.