Homestuck

What does Doom do? Sacrificing everything or just getting fucked over all the time?

time is a much better "death" aspect than doom.

yeah this.
>English is the grim reaper
>Aradia loves ghosts and shit and was also dead
>Dave has a fascination with dead animals and connection to dead crows
>all of them fear death death

it's the aspect of RIP AND TEAR

Which is weird since all of them become immortal.

Homestuck's immortality isn't 100% and really, it only reinforces their respective fear of death

hiveswap when?

Karkat is shiiiiiiiit.

>carmack not being ripped
Throw it out

:33 < haista vittu!

he just always looks so lanky

Depends how it interacts with a class.

Cohen knows.

I always just figured that the aspect was literally doom. Like pertaining to bad ends and misfortune, to be opposite to Light's luck and shit like that.

I can see how it can be useful in a game where you have to engineer a certain outcome, but Doom pretty much gets cucked by Time, since it can just as easily be used to avoid bad ends and the vast majority of successful games have a Time player.

I guess Hussie just threw it in because he needed at least 12 aspects and it makes sense if you don't think about it too hard.

So, it's all based on personality traits.

Is it the trait of knowing shits going wrong and doing nothing about it?

Didn't that happen to both the Sollux's?

Doom is the inverse of Hope. It entails enormous RAW POWER, in generic DBZ/Wizard 'DOOM BEAMS' form (probably amplifying the Captors native telepathy, in this case), and also unknown specific Doom Powers like Jakes ability to manifest Brain Ghost Dirk. It's possible these powers might be specifically related to breaking meta-rules of Sburb, as Jakes Brain Ghost Dirk manifestation broke 'mundane' rules of nature, which might be thus further related to the Captors duality gimmick and the Moebius Double Reacharound nature of the Kids+Trolls session.

Doom is most likely related to mass destruction, an antithesis of Life. Sollux, as the Mage of Doom, was inherently aware of the impending destruction that would follow the trolls' playing of the game and was plagued by screams of the imminently deceased. He also displayed remarkable skill at using the ~ATH programming language.

Continuing its connotation of death, Doom may also mean sacrifice, since Sollux sacrificed one of his half-ghosts to get the trolls to the Green Sun, and Mituna sacrificed his mental well-being to save his friends from an unknown threat.

An alternative interpretation of Doom is judgement, or law. In fact, this is essentially the original definition of the word. The Doom aspect could, therefore, have some association with the rules that apply to things, such as Sburb sessions. An analogy could be Sollux's hacking skill: he understands the constraints and mechanisms of the system. Of note is the fact that Sollux didn't merely distribute the Sgrub files; he firstly had to reconstruct the code from two sets of ruins, and secondly, it is stated on his introduction pageSburb Logo that he had modified the program slightly. This fits in with the theme of an understanding of system rules and structure.

Known Heroes of Doom are Sollux Captor, the Mage of Doom; and Mituna Captor, the Heir of Doom. The associated denizen of Doom is unknown. Both Heroes of Doom seen so far have had two dream selves, though this is most likely due to the Captors' duality theme.

Crappy pasta'd from mspa wiki, 'cos christ knows I've got better shit to do than reread a webcomic and rewrite it as though it were scripture.

Yeah, said Sollux rewrote some of sgrub when he remade it.

Hope = changing realitity through beliving it will change

Doom = changing reality through beliveing it can be changed?

>citing the fucking wiki
Stopped reading

>In the year 413, Caliborn "Lord English" became obsessed with his own mortality and sought to extend his life by any means

That's how he tricks you. He could probably kill everyone in that room with his bare hands.

He could and wouldn't feel a thing doing it

Well you still read almost the entire thing then, user.

Fuck you!

TOO FUCKING THICC

canon

lol

Where's their boat?

The raft was made from hastily tied together penises and it capsized immediately.

It seems similar to Jinx's bad luck. It causes bad things to happen, but can be useful if it causes bad things to happen to other people.
Plus the game used people like chess pieces and someone's gotta set the whole thing off, so who better than Doom?

>jade who was introduced as the character that had divination became a witch of space
>rose who was introduced as the character with an interest in the occult became the seer of light

Classpect inversion

>OP wants to talk about aspects
>zero replies

>OP talks about how Jade is a shit character and Davekat is the best thing ever
>600 replies and 250 images omitted, click reply to view

JADE IS ROSEY AND ROSE IS JADED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

This is fucking majestic.

>no Tim "Big Man on Quampus" Willits
>no American "My mom was a hippie" McGee
>no Sandy "I've got my undergarments on right here!" Petersen

jade is garbage

Fauntleroy did that on purpose but we have no idea if he intended it from the start or changed his mind on their titles later

=

Jade never felt like she belonged in the original cast and only had real chemistry with Dave. She was a plot device moreso than a character and her excessively energetic personality makes her exhausting to deal with in large doses. Going god tier killed her character because the dumbass gave her too many powers and had to spend the rest of the comic keeping her in check. She's not the worst, though.

Real garbage is what /hst/ did to her. BREEDSLUT BREEDSLUT

You know why she never degraded during Act 6 like the rest of the kids did? Because Hussie always wrote her at Act 6 quality from the very beginning.

and john became a heir of breath because he was an airhead ?

Reminder that "classpects" weren't something Hussie realized he should put actual thought into until early Act 6 and that they were originally so simplistically meaningless that the "Heir" god tier hood being a windsock is 100% because John had wind powers, not for any Heir reason, and now all Heirs have it because Hussie is a shithead.

Also all the classpects were just puns originally

"breath of air," "night time," "see the light," I forget what witch of space was

Like the Ninja Turtles

Sleep has always been her best trait

more like
>seer
>blind

>uhhh shit the switcharoo doesn't work because jade still saw the future
>hey wait a minute the clouds on skaia just show you the future and that's not jarring at all they'll eat it up for sure
>wanana jack bandit

I'm sure that was just some random shit he ended up working into the plot.

>best jade trait is because of vriska

Fate, rules, systems, and bad ends.
Also autism.

just like everything else in homestuck

>Real garbage is what /hst/ did to her
We only expanded the author's treatment to the character, anything else would be character assassination like davekat (and i mean the ancient stuff not post megapause).

>what /hst/ did to jade discussion isn't tantamount to character assassination.

Get the cock out of your brain and your mouth.

You think theres no way she would be a mother and happy at it in the comic? Wake up family thats all that fit her writing. That and permanent grimbark.

Why did Hussie basically hand over all the responsibility to Cohen? Cohen wrote the Snapchats, Cohen wrote the game, Cohen had the status update of the game on his blog... Why the fuck should I care about this asshole? I fucking hate Cohen. I want to hear from HUSSIE. It was like this with Paradox Space too. I don't care about what some random jackoffs' versions of Homestuck are, I fucking want Hussie's.

Indeed, as expected of the best character in homestuck.

Did someone say Jadekat

No

Oh

The door is that way

Thanks Satan

200 of which is fetish discussion

doom x homestuck fic when

Why was the ending so fucking garbage ?wtf was hussie thinking ?

"I don't care about this shit anymore. Finish my comic for me, random artists."

>Doom is the opposite to Light's luck and shit like that.

>Doom is the inverse of Hope.

>Doom is most likely related to mass destruction, an antithesis of Life

I will never not hate Hussie for not explaining classpects.

homosuck but the four main players are BJ Blazcowicz, Doomguy, Ranger and Commander Keen when?

What font does Hussie use for his title images like this?

"2.5mill for mspaint cartoons? and my parents said I'd never make anything of my life!"

Courier New

I don't know man, I'm pretty sure I heard Jadekat.

Doom is like, the Mary Sue of Opposites.

All the opposites.

All of them.
I told you bro.

act 3 was a mistake

Space Time
Life Doom
Breath Blood
Heart Mind
Light Void
Hope Rage

Fuck classes.

Doom has nothing to do with plot relevance.

Is there an easy way with any particular program to make the font huge and unaliased and sharply drop shadowed like that?

I could tell you how to do it in Photoshop. Do you have Photoshop?

The basic personality was fine. The problem was execution, and the fact that she was used to advance the plot way more than to characterize others.

Yeah

technically you could just copy the text in two different colors and post one of top of each other

That wouldn't get the diagonal parts of the drop shadow

you could just use the binary tool to fill in the extra pixels.

Just copy and paste the shadow layer a bunch of times and shift them until it's diagonal.

You set the font to like 14 pt bold, turn off anti-aliasing, type whatever you want, rasterize it, and resize it with nearest neighbor interpolation.

Are you telling me to do what Caliborn does to make curves

I don't know man, it just works.

>not homestuck with romero as a player and doomguy as his sprite.

>Remember fan theory that sessions with a Knight lack the Knight's aspect in some way
>Look up the theory
>See post from BKEW sperging about how he's shut down the theory several times, with a link to another post
>Check the link
>It's someone asking him about the theory followed by him sperging about a completely different question

She had good siblingesque chemistry with John, just not Rose.

I think I'd be tired of a comic after having it at the back of my mind for like 7 years

not until act 5.2

John and Jade conversations up until then weren't really interesting for anything other than Jade being M Y S T E R I O U S

Yeah and John barely had a personality until act 4. Rose and Dave stood out mostly because huss he just based their conversations off his conversations.

You mean John had no personality after act 4.