Why was this not posted here Sup Forums!?!

sfchronicle.com/movies/article/Last-Jedi-director-Rian-Johnson-a-steady-12413894.php

>Q: How did Carrie Fisher’s death affect this production, and the franchise going forward?

>A: It didn’t really affect our film at all. We had a complete performance from her. (Fisher completed her scenes before she died in December 2016). After she passed away, we were dealing with personal loss, but we also had to start thinking, “What do we do?” We decided to not touch the performance. … The tougher job in that regard falls to J.J., and Chris Terrio, who are writing Episode IX, and figuring out how to carry on the story.

>Q: What do you mean, you didn’t touch the performance?

>A: Editing-wise. We didn’t try and manipulate it, to start thinking about it — “What is going to happen with her character in the next episode, and how do we fake something so it leads into that?” We left it alone. … She gives a really beautiful performance that we didn’t know was going to be her final performance as Princess Leia.

>Q: What will your trilogy be about?

>A: I don’t know. Do you have any ideas? (laughs)

They just made up this whole movie on the fly and now jew jew binks has to clean up the mess he started

>not my problem have fun figuring it out JJ
great way to approach a trilogy

>A: I don’t know. Do you have any ideas? (laughs)

mother of god.

lol holy fuck he must really think he's immune to any kind of backlash.

Wow. What a fucking douchebag. He simply said "fuck you JJ, you solve it"!

>have leia unconscious after superleia scene
>have movie proceed the same way
>instead of leia bursting in and explaining the plan to poe, have holdo explain it
>bring unconscious leia to krait
>people getting desperate
>luke shows up
>says his goodbyes to leia
>leia dies
>movie ends with funeral scene
there, fix'd

JJ seems like a nice guy but I think he secretly hates Rians guts.

>Rian throws all his set ups out of the window and is praised for it
>creates an impossible situation for him to solve, while actually passing on the absolutely perfect solution (letting lea die in space)

The whole idea about having multiple directors is a stupid dumbass fucking idea. Who the fuck does a trilogy with multiple directors and different writers goddamn.

The next movie will be absolutely dogshit relying on fake shots for the trailer, social media hype and whatever dead character they'll try to resurrect. They'll probably try to get Hayden Christensen or Billie dee Williams into this crap.

Kathleen kennedy thought she figured out the original trilogy formula and stuck to it like an autist.

Not a problem perse, but an overarching outline wouldn't be a bad idea.

Ya next movie I'm just gonna pirate it. Watch it at home. This movie was the last straw for me. I'll watch Marvel capeshit because I'm expecting capeshit, but this was legitimately bad and insulting. They don't have a clue what they're doing.

>“When I was first writing, I got really excited because I’d written a line where she said ‘I was stuck in that garbage thing for three weeks’ and he gives her a look and says ‘What did you eat?’”
>“Then I realized, no, [Starkiller Base] blew up,” he said. “If she was in the garbage chute, that means she blew up with the planet
Rian is just the best

GIVE CHRIS TERRIO BACK YOU MOUSE THIEVES!

JJ did the same thing, there's no plan.
It's all part of the same money making garbage.

JJ deliberately didn't write out a character of whom the actor died?

>This guy is getting a whole trilogy

The OT had multiple directors, but Lucas was always closely associated with it and was a much better guiding hand as a producer than KKK obviously

NOOO! I CANT BELIEVE IT. I WONT BELIEVE IT.

I bet they did that cause they know Episode 9 will be a mess since they didnt plan anything ahead. So they give Long Johnson time to plan their next cash cow

what the fuck is this

This guy really wants to make star wars a comedy.

what is the third movie even gonna be about
with the original theory the idea was to defeat the empire by killing the emperor and probably vader along the way
also with han captured that was something the protagonists had to fix

what the fuck are we trying to accomplish in the next movie

A full blown ROTJ remake with Kylo as Vader and Rey as Luke. Maybe they will redeem Kylo so he can fuck Rey to keep that Skywalker line going.

>what the fuck are we trying to accomplish in the next movie
We're trying to keep interest alive for the next year's stand alone movie which will keep interest alive for Episode X and so on

This
He's only going to write kino that actually makes fucking sense, which isn't what they want

But there's no emperor

he may not had a plan, but he surely didn't throw shit all over the place and cut off storylines abruptly

Wasn't JJ like the executive producer or something? He saw the script and could have asked Rian to change stuff. Maybe he's just too beta to confront Rian.

That trilogy is never going to happen. He's damaged the brand too much.

Honestly I hope JJ fucks over Rian's movie. Bring back Snoke and Luke, make Holdo a joke amongst the Rebellion, etc. He essentially did the same to JJ, and Star Wars is already fucked, so fuck it.

Kathleen Kennedy is won't take it away from him as long as the Force stays female.

I'd love this. Just retcon everything from this shitty movie.

The tensions couldn't be higher. Rey has already defeated Kylo Ren. So what are the odds she can do it twice?? I will jump out of my seat if she manages to beat him in a lightsaber fight again in the final climax of the trilogy.

I don't think JJ did anything; there was no overarching plan for the trilogy
When they were done with the first movie they had no plans at all for the second one