Why do you like comic books? I absolutely loath reading them

Why do you like comic books? I absolutely loath reading them.

I liked reading them as a kid at my uncles place since he had loads of old spiderman, x-men, spawn and batman comics etc etc, but nowadays its almost insufferable for me to pick one up whether it be physically or digitally. I much prefer animated movies when it comes to capeshit

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/search/image/evK5QcVWOUrquGoVyyD-bg/
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85678638/#85678638
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85343252/#85343252
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like the medium, I also don't just care about the superhero stories.

I have a thing for rule 34 cape shit.

Not sure. It's got something to do with the intermarriage of visual and textual elements and how fun and interesting it is to experiment in the comic book medium. There's no inherent sound to a comic book, for example, but you can do sound in comic books a million times better than you can in pure text. It's the way of, I almost want to call it cheating, the using the tools/language (meant in more than just the words) to play around with sound, pacing, shock, time, even the comic as a physical object.

I always thought of myself as a book-reading kid first but now I'm an adult and look back I've been reading comics my whole goddamn life. I learnt to read with comics. I watch about every film that comes out good-or-bad too but animated stuff actually often bores me. It's much more strict with linearity, pacing, movement than a comic is, and much more expensive, so I find the quality overall is diluted and you're much more likely to get really bold, striking visuals and experiments in the comic format than the animated one. If you even look at something like Ketchup Ninja that's basically a comic that has all the important bits it would have in animation: but if it really were animated it would have more dross too. The one thing I'll concede to animation is it does little visuals asides better, especially when they're supposed to be happening simultabeously.

Comics are nice, sometimes. You just have to not read the bad ones -- cape comics vary too much in quality (especially nowadays) to read consistently and expect a good time.

Oh, this shit thread again with the same picture.
Fuck off.

What?

>I liked reading them as a kid at my uncles place since he had loads of old spiderman, x-men, spawn

>As a kid

>Spawn.

Why would I care what an underage thinks?

>I much prefer animated movies

Another toonfag, read: glorified waifufag. Go back to your side of the building...Or failing that, return to Reddit

Are you retarded? Even if I had been reading spawn as a 1 year old id be 18. Fuck off retard

>le memeddit is full of casuals who only like animated movies while Sup Forums is full of "hardcore" comics fans

go kill yourself, that retarded shit has gotten old

Not fooling anyone, faggot.
Kill yourself.
desuarchive.org/co/search/image/evK5QcVWOUrquGoVyyD-bg/

literally not a single similar post/thread in there, how new are you?

Nice blog

Except for all of them, you fucking retard
You can stop shitposting now and hopefully get cancer.

Actually I was implying Reddit is full of waifuist bullshit, but that works too. Thanks!

Hmmm...

>Why do you like comic books? I absolutely loath reading them.
>I liked reading them as a kid at my uncles place since he had loads of old spiderman, x-men, spawn and batman comics etc etc, but nowadays its almost insufferable for me to pick one up whether it be physically or digitally. I much prefer animated movies when it comes to capeshit

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85678638/#85678638

>How can you stand to call yourself a fan of comic books/ how can you ACTUALLY spend time reading them? Basically anything that isnt a cherrypicked graphic novel made by people with actual talent is going to be absolutely horrible monday cartoon tier dogshit for "adults"

desuarchive.org/co/thread/85343252/#85343252

>I grew up watching BTAS but never really read any of the comics beyond the occasional famous one like the killing joke, am I missing out or did I only avoid all the ridiculous crossover garbage and trash that will only slide in comic books?

Very suspicious.

This is weak shitposting.
Last week we had a FF shitpost thread that was much better.

the filename of the image isnt a Sup Forums one, its obviously saved from another site and multiple people are posting with it (hence why you also see shit like tumblr filenames on Sup Forums since they all can be easily found in google images)

>and multiple people are posting with it
>it's multiple people guys
>even though it's the same "insult comic readers" act

Nice try, OP

about half of the posts linked to the image were like that. seeing that its a shot from the killing joke, youd be retarded to think only one person on Sup Forums is using it when it clearly doesnt have a filename from Sup Forums itself. and even if youre correct, all you would have achieved is embarrassingly pointless detective work that has nothing to do with this thread

>It's not the same guys! Look at all the other posts!

The other posts were responses within threads. """Coincidentally,""" the larger size posts, the ones that started threads, all happen to be the ones seen in and You failed again, OP.

>Why do you like comic books?
>U FAILED!!!1

failed what? I just skimmed through the archive and most of those are my posts yes, a few arent and I dont think theyre hard to pick out.

Me saying ive never read comic books means never actually following a story through them before (which Ive done after that post, which was made a long time ago last year). I liked skimming through comics as a kid like I mentioned in the OP post

All in all, go kill yourself. Youre delusional if you think everyone who doesnt like comic books is one poster if one poster who is like that happens to use the same Sup Forums related image sometimes.

>I'M DOUBLING DOWN
>K-Kill yourself because you told me to kill myself

I didn't tell you to do that, but did. I'm sure he'll be back to tell you to do it again though. :^)

I'll try to give some reasons.
1. They are very easy to read. I love literature as well, but it can take a while to read a full length book and it requires much more attention. A comic is the perfect thing to flip through while commuting or while lounging at home with friends and family.

2. Often times they are very visually interesting. As opposed to magazines or other print mediums, comics are often pushing the boundaries of visual storytelling. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of boring house style comics out there but if you take a bit of time to find the more interesting books they can be very exciting visually.

3. Comics are cool. This is actually a big problem with modern comics in my mind. They are becoming more corporate and "geek culture" is a cancerous tumor created by companies to bleed your wallet dry. But there are still a lot of independently published comics or classic comics that represent a kind of countercultural expression of underground art that you can't really find in most other mediums. Television, for example, is almost always super fucking lame. Its always the safest and broadest programming designed by corporations to maximize profit. In the past comics were always more of a niche market so they expressed some pretty radical ideas and art forms that were really ahead of the curve and hip. These comics still exist if you know where to look.

4. Very culturally interesting. Comics are fascinating to approach from an anthropological perspective. All mediums are in some sense, but comics seem much more easily influenced by history and culture. Changes in film and television seem very slow to occur, but comics seem almost prescient. They tone and content of popular comics changes to match the culture almost immediately, sometimes it even seems like they prefigure history (The Authority, for example, feels like a post 9/11 book despite being published in 1999).