ITT The biggest cartoon disappointments of your life

ITT The biggest cartoon disappointments of your life

>(You)

how come its a dissapointment?

It's worse than the original, so it's a disappointment by default

Have another (you), don't spend it all in one place kiddo.

I don't think even the shit that is the new Samurai Jack season will be able to top this in this sense, though it's REALLY getting close.

It's disappointing but by far not the biggest. It's still good, it just really needed more episodes for pacing and atmosphere.

Not the treatment the long awaited finale deserved but so far not a bad show.

it is? wow

why is it worse than the original?

I mean there are obviously worse things than new samurai jack, it's just that I haven't seen really that much, for instance I haven't seen Korra.

Anyway Jack for me was special and I waited for this finale since watching season 1 when it was airing. It's painfully mediocre in many places.

Because there's a major female character now.

I think the storytelling and the character developement are good, but it's going at a breakneck pace with too much shit happening in every episode, without time for things to sink in properly, which in turn lessens the emotional impact.
I think it would be a lot better if this was a 15 episodes show or something.

Watch it and you'll realize why it's worse.

>I think the storytelling and the character developement are good
They are both REALLY terrible, even compared to the WORST episode you can think of in the original

The original never tried to be more than it really was, it kept its plot to a minimum since it was an episodic format but it was done well in that regard.

New Jack is trying to be more while being downgraded in many places with losing its subtlety. It spells everything out to the viewer, treating him like a retard of some sort. It doesn't have that emotional impact it should have, it's silly and sometimes plain stupid. Also the whole Ashi arc doesn't help much, focusing time on a cookie cutter character that serves as muh thicc waifu with almost no redeemable qualities makes the whole season a painful journey of disappointment.

> It spells everything out to the viewer, treating him like a retard of some sort
That's its most glaring flaw to me, it has none of the subtlety and quiet of the original, which makes it jarring.

The rest is more a matter of taste than anything, but this one is a rupture with the original's identity.

They shouldn't have made Jack in a miserable state like this if they didn't know how to handle it. Look, first and second episode were fine in that regard, the rest just seemed unnecessary stupid.

Compare Guts to Jack. Guts doesn't have to live 50 years to get mad, he saw his friends killed and his girlfriend made retarded. Jack got his home destroyed, which is hard aswell, yet he isn't really that mad over it. I get it, Samurai Jack is not dark fantasy but still they could have made it darker, if they really wanted older Jack. Hell, they could have made him bitter, angsty, whatever. He's definitely traumatized.

But he's quipping in the fourth episode because why the fuck not. Genndy is a retard and I will never trust him again.

>a farting dragon
Srsly?

Yes, seriously. It wasn't as bad as Sup Forums says it was

Oh come on, Legend of Krappa is one of the worst shows to exist. The only thing good about it is the animation, which isn't a compliment considering how hit and miss the animation actually is.
Especially in the later seasons.

What you're suggesting is just making him edgy, which enough "darker" incarnations of characters do already. Even if execution is far from perfect I still prefer Jack broken and depressed than generically bitter and angsty.

>20 posts
>11 IPs
Really makes you think

YEAH
THOSE DAMN HACK TOOK GENNDYS CARTOON AND MADE IT INTO SOME ABOMINATION

BRING BACK GENNDY!!

It's called a discussion. I made 5 posts already.

Well actually, they're both really good.

There. I said it.

you should really watch the original series again
animation, sound effects, and voice acting have improved
old show had many more instances of animation/continuity errors, reused scenes and characters during combat, and a lot of humor that missed the mark
love old samurai jack but i think the new season is way way way more consistent with its quality

what the fuck are you guys talking about, samurai jack season 5 is still "the original" you fucking idiots

It's a reboot masquerading as a continuation, user.

I mean sure, it is season 5 but 13 years have passed and its different to the point I'd rather call it new Jack and the original Jack. It's just too different.

??? that's like saying the star wars sequels are reboots.

They aren't?

Switch "old" and "new" here, and you're completely correct.

>less than two posts per ip

Kill yourself.

It's a sequel but not part of the same project. It's made years after, doesn't have the exact same team and isn't made in the same format for the same platform.

You can't possibly think a show made after more than a decade of hiatus is the exact same show made with the exact same outlook and mindset the creators had back then. Even if the whole team was present that wouldn't be the case as there's 10 years of baggage changing their sensibilities and how they approach animation and storytelling.

ITT edgy contrarian Sup Forums arguments without sustenance for the sake of being edgy and contrarian