youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_njsPDGRs
youtube.com/watch?v=6YFGfebzkFI&t=399s
youtube.com/watch?v=E5_xb522jEo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQ53pWxDcE
youtube.com/watch?v=3MWxAAQoNiw
youtube.com/watch?v=WoAE15gtEzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*blocks your path*

Lord of the rings has no movies that are significantly worse then the others. Starwars has return of the Jedi

Not even close

but the two towers is boring af until helms deep

>not liking the drama between Frodo, Sam, and Gollum
>not liking the desperate chase across Rohan to rescue Merry and Pippin
>not liking Treebeard
>not liking the warg atttack (even if it wasn't in the books)

The Original Star Wars Trilogy stands alongside The Lord of the Rings. All of them are nearly perfect films, but for different reasons.

True.

>return of the jedi
>nearly perfect

"no"

ANH was good but it was carried by Alec Guinness, ESB was carried hard by Vader and ROTJ was garbage

Helms deep was the most boring part of the trilogy

Hshdkfns

>, ESB was carried hard by Vader
definitly not
the stuff in dagoba is fucking amazing

I haven't seen RotJ in years. Why is it worse than the other two? Can't remember any details

RotJ is easily the worst in the trilogy but it is by no means a garbage film.

*blocks YOUR path*

>Treebeard
holy fuck that entire going back and forth with the hobbits was excruciating

LOTR 1 = 10/10
LOTR 2 = 10/10
LOTR 3 = 8.5/10

SW 1 = 8.5/10
SW 2 = 10/10
SW 3 = 8/10

Yes. The Ewoks didn't really work, but the rest of the movie is sound.

>The first 40 or so minutes literally have nothing to do with the rest of the movie
>the death star again instead of something origonal
>Ewoks exist just to appeal to litterall babies and to sell toys
>Han and Leia have nothing to do most the movie

He's wrong Revenge of the Jedi is an amazing film

muh ewoks killing stormtroopers and the forest moon stuff being boring in general. a minor lull in action that some people think invalidates the rest of the movie, which is absolute kino and a great conclusion to the trilogy. i do concede Kasdan's idea of a wookie slave revolt could've been more interesting

anyway the two trilogies are both great. star wars is better as cinema imo. Jackson dialed up the angst a little much compared to the source material foe my taste but it's still a hell of an accomplishment. just misses the profundity of Tolkien's story. Aragorn's only real peers in the books are Gandalf and the top tier of elves, that's what a hero he is. he's descended (however distantly) from the noblest lines of elves and men as well as a literal angel. and Frodo and Sam are as noble in their own way. and there's a lot of other stuff I miss in the movies, like the whole motif of evil sabotaging itself. also conclusion of the battle of the pelennor sucks, the army of the dead can't literally kill people, that's stupid. they just help Aragorn capture the corsairs by terrifting the crew and then peace out, oath fulfilled. and Theoden never gets fatalistic, that's the whole point of his redemption in old age, Eomer's the one who gives the "death" speech when he thinks both his father-figure and sister are dead and their cause doomed. I fully admit I'm bothered by things that a normal cinema-goer wouldn't be in this case. still love the movies

So much effort was put into the feeling of the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. Into The West captures the sad feeling of the way the story ends, book and film.
youtube.com/watch?v=HvF31-2bVNE

>>The first 40 or so minutes literally have nothing to do with the rest of the movie
But they were the most fun

baiting this hard.

You forgot the biggest fault, that is leaving out the Scouring of the Shire

>You forgot the biggest fault, that is leaving out the Scouring of the Shire
I disagree. It's not a good idea to restart the conflict after the end of the war. The filmmakers did the right thing when they moved his death to the beginning of The Return Of The King.

The Pusher Trilogy, John Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy, Man With No Name Trilogy, El Mariachi Trilogy.

scouring is a great epilogue I agree. much is lost but as it turns out much is gained when good and strong people do what they can, and that's life. I also love the trip through the old forest and barrow-downs but I get why they wanted ro rush to Rivendell. I also wish they hadn't been so reluctant to introduce new characters and peoples like all the ones that live in the south of Gondor that Aragorn rallies to sail with him to battle, the Grey Company, etc. made the world feel smaller and Aragorn more of an outsider than a living legend returning to claim his birthright.

For me it has to be turning Sauron into a giant screeching lighthouse. The books even confirm that he had a physical body again in that age when Smeagol tells Frodo and Sam that Sauron only has four fingers on one hand. I like to think the big eye in the movie is just some kind of apparatus like a giant periscope he uses to look around the lands surrounding Mordor from inside the tower.

I always assumed he was some god-like being that could take multiple physical forms but didn't necessarily have to

Sure that can work but it still seems like a missed opportunity to portray him as a gigantic eye rather than a horrible pair of eyes inside some kind of dark or demonic figure, just because the phrase "The Eye of Sauron" is used in the books.

yeah the "eye" of sauron might most literally be interpreted as being simply the palantir he acquired from minas ithil, augmented by his dark devices. i didn't mind the eye in the films but do wish they'd indicated he was still a physical being as well

Vader looks like this in that ESB poster

youtube.com/watch?v=lvB_nsKXew0

>not using the original lotr music
youtube.com/watch?v=88b0OYxdtyM

>book-Aragorn takes the palantir without anyone's knowledge before heading down the Path of the Dead and successfully mind-fucks Sauron into launching his attack early out of fear, to give Frodo and Sam a better chance of getting through Mordor as well as the forces of the West an advantage against the not-quite-fully-mustered host of Sauron
>even Gandalf is surprised at Aragorn's power level when he figures out what happened days later
They nerfed Aragorn so hard in the movies. he's the Chad of all Chads

He actually did this in an extended edition scene.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oz_njsPDGRs

>Lord of the rings has no movies that are significantly worse then the others.
Yes, because they are all equally terrible.

ah guess I forgot, all I remembered was him grabbing it from Pippin and keeling over

does the evenstar actually break for real in this scene? remember when Arwen had her future-vision on her way to Grey Havens, her son was wearing it

The ewoks worked fine, they just would have worked even better as wookies.

ewoks> fucking talking tree people

No, it was just a vision. I think you can see her wearing it when she arrives at his coronation.

Return of the Jedi is shit except for the emperor/Luke/Vader scenes. Pure shit. Spends half the film closing a cliffhanger ending from the previous film. Spends the other half with fucking Ewoks. Oh and another Death Star. Revenge of the Sith is better than RotJ

It's definitely got the most kino soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=6YFGfebzkFI&t=399s

youtube.com/watch?v=E5_xb522jEo

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCQ53pWxDcE

youtube.com/watch?v=3MWxAAQoNiw

Jesus fucking Christmas.

she is not wearing it during the coronation. aragorn had the same vision earlier before Elrond gave him Anduril, so a repeat of the same scene maybe means that it did in fact break. But then again the Evenstar was a movie thing only, it didnt exist in the book.

Still listen to the LOTR OST damn near daily. It's been 14 years

youtube.com/watch?v=WoAE15gtEzg

Tell me how it works please, the shift in tone from the confrontation with the emperor and the ewoks shit is so fucking distracting. I'm not one of those who want to genocide the ewoks, but it's just jarring. They remind me a lot of the gremlins and would work in a different movie.

>he doesn't like Jabba's palace/yacht, the space battle or the visit to Yoda
shameful

Sorry, fanboys, best trilogy is right here

>TFW Amazon is guaranteed to rape the lore with the miniseries.
Placing bets on black Gondorians.