IT'S HERE

IT'S HERE
youtube.com/watch?v=L9hwGZFPSmw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k
youtu.be/CHRC2lKQ8gg
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You... are late...

I'd just like to point out that these guys are terrible reviewers, at least when they're not doing the plinkett stuff. They tackle movies without any structure to their points and at any moment one of them can go off on an irrelevant tangent that eats up minutes of the video.

How much do you get paid for this?

Not him but I do it for free, Red Letter Media is just that good and having haters post negative things in response gives me an endorphin boost in my brain.

The positive cinemassacre review was better than this desu

Why are they so shilled? Are they a cultured reviewer with deep knowledge about film technicalities or standard "I like/hate this movie" reviewer?

Well Jay, I liked it, I didn't LOVE it

they usually do a good job just talking about movies in general, but in this review they start to get nervous/awkward whenever they have to talk about a criticism and try to frame it in a completely neural light when it's objectively a flaw

>"...seeing as you're one of the last remaining bastions of objectivity among critics." - RLM comment

They addressed very few of the issues with the movie that I've seen posted here. Thy didn't even talk about weaponized hyperspeed.
They say that Rey is not a Mary Sue in TFA or TLJ.
They start out the video saying that Rian Johnson likes RLM and then go on to say that unlike TFA, this movie was not written by committee and that they cant fault the movie on that point. Which I would agree with, but Johnson signed on to write and direct the SEQUEL in a trillogy. He doesn't just get an automatic pass for ignoring all of the things that TFA set up for the sequel (snoke, Rey's parents etc).
I feel like they go soft when they know the creator will watch their review (see Landis)

>It had flaws, but I liked it overall.

Really, if they went on and nitpicked every issue it would be pointless. Enough people are going to do that. Mike may even do it in a Plinkett review.

The reality, from what I've heard, is that the movie was a disorganized mess. You can crap on that all you want, but it's pointless because at the end of the day that means you're giving something more passion than it deserves. It was mediocre. Star Wars is mediocre.

It seems like they want to think they're above the sort of things those mean old internet trolls disliked about the movie and won't call shit shit. I don't know how they avoided talking about the hyper drive missile.

I'M DYING LAUREN

they did mention it.

Now you understand the TRUE power of Disney.

I felt like it was weird how they brought up Rey being a mary sue in this video as if it had anything to do with the review.
Maybe it is a part of a deal they made with disney

At least they pointed out Rian Johnson is a literally who nobody that somehow got the job.

>HEY RIAN HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A STAR WARS MOVIE
Ya they really went soft on him. Please kys you fucking mongtard.

Fuck off. Stop shilling your videos here RLM. No one gives a fuck

thats the entire point of HITB you twit

The review honestly seems like they got paid off, not to outright praise it, but just to not outright condemn it. They have slaughtered movies in the past for lesser breakdowns in story structure and basic logic than what TLJ is crippled by. It's so wishy-washy and hand-wringy, like they want to shit on it but for some reason stop themselves at every turn.

And fuck you Jay and Rich, Rey is an obnoxious Mary Sue and has always been one.

jay always read this site

They mentioned that it was badass and that's it

I agree, especially when Mike said he thought like he was being trolled.

It perplexes me how they can make fun of mindless youtube reviewers, yet always seem to give a positive rating to whatever shlock of the month Disney puts out.

it's shit, vid related and pewdipie did better actually, RLM have really become overhyped lazy fucks

youtube.com/watch?v=R0QPCS4a84k

>I feel like they go soft when they know the creator will watch their review (see Landis)

They definitely softballed this one, that's for sure. I guess that's the lesson here for the studios, namedrop RLM so they won't got full force on you.

stop shilling your puppet videos

I didn't click on your video faggot and I never will.

Yeah, why did he qualify that by saying "slightly, a little bit"? Like, way to fucking be mild. Just say you felt like you were being trolled.

Jay and Mike unusually nervous and awkward with this while Rich seemed fine and actually spoke somewhat intelligently (for him). The video felt off with a lot of prolonged close ups of Rich for no real reason; he wasn't responding or doing anything so it wasn't "funny" and it was usually while Jay was talking so I don't get it. Both Mike and Jay seemed like they didn't like it overall but didn't hate it either, and were indecisive about how far they wanted to say it. The accusations of shilling have some ground but I think it's more likely they know their target audience hated it but they didn't and didn't know how to go about expressing that.

Jay is the ultimate life form, I believe at current rate of expansion he will eclipse all other members of RLM in popularity and patricianness. Following his leaving of RLM to form Jay Bauman International which will spearhead the horror and slasher genres into a worldwide renaissance. Then he will run for President in 2024 and quickly bring the world under his heel. We will go to the stars in search of new alien cultures(not like the ones in Star Trek) to expose to the wonders of Friday the 13th and The Greasy Strangler.

They use kid gloves on this and are pretty apologetic:
>TLJ is new and not a rehash OT(ESB)
>Princess Leia flying scene "not funny"… I thought womyn were funny?
>Rey is not a "mary sue" ( justifying fight in TFA)/ stupid fans & "internet" people.
>Ok with Luke being failure
>OK with destruction of lore
>Strange editing, dialogue & pacing as opposed to terrible.
>Nothing in Star Wars needs to make sense…
>Kylo ren is awesome
>ST has nowhere to go….
> They did not come out and say they hated or even if they would recommend it….
Cowards.

Definitely feels like they're holding back. Whether it's money or because they don't want to be mean to their new pal Rian or whatever the fuck is the reason, but you can SEE how hard they're trying to not step over some invisible line they've set for themselves.

they just don't want to be labeled "angry star wars fanboys"

Rich brought it up because someone mentioned it in the chat of a recent Pre Rec stream and he and Jack went on a tantrum in stream about how anyone who says that is a manchild. I guess he was still stewing about that.

the "kylo is a good character" meme needs to end. a character is not good just because they have a defined conflict. he's a weak character and in the last jedi he went from weak to stupid now that he's in the emperor's seat.

Thats what I got too. They laughed about people being contrarian and shit about these movies, but that's exactly what it feels like they're doing.

Other people are shitting all over it? Well its not THAT bad, guys! See, we looked at it more deeply and objectively, so its actually THIS way...
Fuck off. You hated it and we know it.

sauce?

>not clicking on this but gladly clicking on everything RLM related
Sheeple much? I'm not the creator of this review. I don't see why we couldn't have alternatives to those fucks, especially when these alternatives are better than that overlong 45 minutes of "meh" which really seem suspiciously tame indeed.
Hell I could even post the pewdiepie one also.

I like how Mike is honest with Jay that he is already going senile from watching so much shit movies. He cant tell them apart anymore.

>Yoda dancing in a thong bikini

I almost died.

they should've at least admitted if they liked/disliked it instead of "it's complicated".

i dont agree everything but i do have to tip by fedora for making a spot on analogy about,
how people's reaction about sw is like people's reaction to politics.
I know this is Sup Forums n people have no life but for christ sake people just move on with your life.

Prob playing it smart since there is so much political shit being swept up in this.

It's getting hard to be a group of White guys with opinions, ya know?

they aren't better it's just a fucking fanboy rant telling you everything you want to hear

This. They need the Plinkett character to do that. The Plinkett Review is a great conduit for people who will scream that they're wrong, without having to be incredibly divisive with the rest of the reviews. The films that they condemn outright are ones with effectively no fanbases, mainly because it won't stick them with a label of just being angry, white, virgins. It's been this way for a while. Look at the TFA Plinkett Review versus the TFA HiTB. The Plinkett review wasn't exactly brutal at every turn, but they were much harder on the film there .

If you pay attention, you can clearly see Mike play out the different shit he is going to bring up in the Plinkett review. Jay meanwhile is just there to be a moderating voice so that they don't accidentally pigeonhole themselves by mentioning some non-shitty things at times.

It's smart. Let people scream at their characters, not at them.

Fuck you this was beautiful

Yea some of those clips look like they could have been highlights from a DNC rally during election season.

Just add a CNN info bar at the bottom.

youtu.be/CHRC2lKQ8gg
Not sure on specific time but it was about an hour in. Keep in mind that Rich in particular is known for whining about the inaccuracy of Star Trek, new Ghostbusters, and comic book movies about muscle men in spandex. But when people bring up something in Star Wars they say "Fuck off manchild! It's a movie about space wizards get over yourself!"

I don't even care about Star Wars, I just thought they were being really douchey

eh.

underrated

And you are also one of the ones they mocked.

And other reviewers aren't? Least this guy is making free content.

"At least I died on a planet with two suns..."

yeaaaa... very kino moment there bubbo.

Star Wars is the epitome of brand loyalty.

>they can't do anything new or interesting with Star Wars anymore, it's just not there, you've wasted your life and fandom
They took it out back and fucking shot it like an old dog

People give a fuck about rlm though.
Could you imagine if the board became filled with people shilling their channel every thread, it would be terrible.
So please stop shilling and no one falls for the pretending to not be the owner of the youtube channel it only makes you look stupid that you try.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM

The mouse is obviously triggered by the non-bribed reviewers. RLM is the "contrarian but not too much" shilling marketing.

>that bluepilled spiel about the civil war

Good to see Mike losing weight.

It might not be user. Maybe he is dying. :

That was just a heavy coat Rich did lose weight though

I guess I can give them an out and say maybe they want to save material for the Plinkett review so they were hesitant, but they'll probably spend 75% of the next one talking about the prequels again too. Also bizarre that they spend time talking about how cultish the "positive" part of the fanbase is while deriding people that don't like what they've done as just neckbeards and internet trolls.

Yeah he seems almost fit, can't relate anymore.
Unsubscribed.

Notice how when ever Jay talked, he kept looking under his stool for a BEER to sip on?

All he had was a Rock Star ™ for the review.

>people still view the Civil War as anything but the greatest example of bureaucracy blowing the shit out of itself and getting thousands killed for nothing

When even the generals all viewed it as a senseless waste of life and everyone just wanted it to end they still talk about "good or bad" or the matter of slavery's role in the war when nobody was even concerned about slaves once the fighting picked up

they were desperately trying to find things to criticize. they liked it but are afraid to admit it

It's more raw that way, look at any other internet reviews, they are all the same. The only infuriating thing are the obligatory Star Trek tangents.

they will never backpedal on the tfa. It's already biting them in the ass.

Now, can we talk about the real instigator in all this mess? WHY we had to wait days for OUR review??

I wonder if the mouse paid them off to "lose" Mike and Jay's tickets.

It's a conspiracy f@m!

Yeah, painful to listen to.

Don't know why, but listening to these faggots bitterly bitch about Rey not being a Mary Sue was the thing that irritated me the most. Them ragging on the 'fan culture' surrounding Star Wars was pretty annoying too, because they blatantly refuse to call that shit out for what it is.. but their weird boner for Rey and how they insist she's a good character and her entire retarded arc makes perfect sense because
>fans are whiny and stupid and shut up!
>watch me say stupid things in a dumb voice to prove how I'm so much smarter than you!

That's right, Jay

I got the opposite impression. I feel like they hated the shit out of it but were holding back.

This is probably the reason but they also looked on here and reddit to see what opinion they should have before they saw it.

that's the same feeling I got.

Could be. To me it felt like they did the TFA Plinkett review just because they were expected to. Felt like it lacked heart or even a reason to exist, so I just kind of assumed (hoped) the Plinkett reviews for Star Wars were done with. But, you could be right that they're just saving everything for it.
I mean, why bring up legitimate gripes on the more serious show, and not just save it for the silly sarcastic serial killer 2mil view generator.

why do people hate rey so much
buncha autists

is he the one with AIDS?

They are good little public school educated goys.

no thats aidsmoby

Yeah, bruh. All about states' rights.
We won't let the Northern Aggressors win!

>fat
>alchoolic
>dementia

Probably because it's being spurred on by Jay and crew's white knight reflex.

history.com/news/5-things-you-may-not-know-about-lincoln-slavery-and-emancipation

It was more about confederate ports.

i dont like her because she is unrelatable and everything she gets in the movie feels unearned.
with that said, i dont hate her.

This.

Such a shame as they said the franchise of star wars itself is so limited.

Do something new like the prequels or tlj and people hate it because they sucked ass but then also retread the same old shit like rouge one and tfa and people also hate that.

Why don't they just give up on the mcu and starwars series and go make something new.

People are tired of watching the same shit over and over again

Yeah, they didn't exactly present a compelling argument there. Mimicking what the other guy said in a funny voice is playground debate tactics.

That’s a great counterpoint, actually. Damn, you’re smart.

>Them ragging on the 'fan culture' surrounding Star Wars was pretty annoying too, because they blatantly refuse to call that shit out for what it is
They almost do. The only part that really bugged me was when they claimed the same people going to conventions and clapping like seals / crying over trailers are the same people bitching about it and saying the films are a travesty.

I'm sure there's a few people who fit both categories but I think in general they're pretty damn seperate if you treat them as genuine groups and ignore the people who'll just shitpost any side of the fence to get a rise out of people.

Was anyone else deeply bothered by the fact Mike had a little box mustache going on?

It's still weird that they choose this hill to die on. I like Ridley's acting a lot better in this movie as Rey but she's still a nothing character who's still too good at everything. Made even worse in this movie by the fact that she's a nobody. At least they sort of toned it down in this, although she still has her moments

It will never not kill me that the only really interesting thing to happen to Star Wars is a video game. So then they could pursue that avenue, but they'd need some actually competent writers.

>Do something new like the prequels or tlj and people hate it because they sucked ass

Crazy idea: how about you hire an actually talented scriptwriter to write a story that's fully thought out in advance and makes perfect sense? One that has a beginning, a middle and an ending and doesn't set up a hundred plot threads just to drop them all in some childish attempt at subversion?

I thought that was more of a reaction to them hating fanboys than hating Rey. Granted, they did go to easy on that character but I think at this point they whine more about the fans than they do about the actual movies. I also get the feeling they are trying to be contrarian against their own audience and don't quite know how to go about it.