Could it ever be mainstream again?

Could it ever be mainstream again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=thbICk05yPk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

only ironically

Probably not.

Childhood is liking G I Joe.
Adulthood is realizing Cobra makes more sense.

Cobra Commander is the best.

Is he dare I say it /ourguy/?

He suuuure is

Why does he wear double garters on one leg though.

Because he can.

Are YOU going to tell him he can't.

N-no! I think it's sugoi cool! Please notice me Cobra senpai!

Because he's a used car salesmen/mutant snake man fed up with the US government so much he takes over Springfield (probably Illinois).

Man, this makes me realize how weird this show can get

Not even because of what CC is doing, but because two of the weirdest characters on the show interrupt him.

If Zartan had burst in on him it would've been even funnier

Zartan was busy commanding a giant space station controlling all TV at the time.

You see Cobra commander doesn't actually want to be a world ruler who destroys the GI joes he actually has a dream of becoming a ballerina but social stigmas keep him from his dream.

It was a sculpted detail on the original toy that was simplified/adjusted on the animation model.

It's meant to be a place he keeps a knife stored.

will they ever make a 172 piece, Giant battle ship toy again?

No.

Why is Cobra so aesthetic?

I wish I was a Strato-Viper.

As possibly the biggest G.I. Joe fan on Sup Forums, there is literally 0% chance of it ever being mainstream again. That ship has sailed.

Shame he never got to fight Rocky like he was going to.

Ehh... disagree. If they go some Call of Duty/Metal Gear tonal combination video game franchise they could breath some serious fresh life into it.

The brash "merica fuck yeah" attitude in GIJ hasn't been mainstream since the Reagan era.

Maybe if we get into a big war that people actually believe in again it would be popular.

yiffinhellfurfags.webm

I just realized: Cobra must not require an eye exam. Lots of monocles, glasses, visors, and eyepatches.

Visors are important user.

They just need a few bad men.

Are you a bad enough dude to Teleport via M.A.S.S?

>Are you a bad enough dude to Teleport via M.A.S.S?
Fuck that man. I would rather be stuck with a trubble bubble.

Porkchop sandwiches!

Man those things will dry your hair in style.

How can the Joes even compete?

GI Joe may return in comics, or God Willing something like Renegade, but it's never gonna reach the heights of the original franchise even if Larry Hama became a super cyborg and had millions in funding.

You can't glorify the military, guns, enemy 'nations' or warfare on a kid-friendly level like the G1 show did anymore and I'm not sure if a Call of Duty, more adult take on the franchise would work. Not because you couldn't adapt GI Joe to this,but because they already DID that (resolute/most of the comics post 2002) and if it was gonna gain traction, it already would have.

The ONLY way I could see GI Joe come back with a big push is--and this is still iffy-- if you re-imagined the series to where the Cobra organization is largely comprised of Alien invaders and monsters and shit. Almost no humans or any Nationalities are brought up. Which... sadly means we'd have to deal with Cobra-La all over again.

>ARAH fans can't accept something that replaces it
>Hasbro is afraid to sell it in the current climate of snokeflakes
>IDW does the really shitty current Marvel treatment to the comic with less and less sales
>rebooting to something original doesn't work as the last "original" reboot turned into a softboot which became Renegades.. fucking A-Team knock off Renegades with a even shittier animation style
>In the '70s when the market veered away from guns and soldiers, they created The Adventure Team. While apositive idea, ARAH fans won't accept it.

Or...a giant pivot in the geopolitical sphere. Something as big as the cold war.

They did the grim n gritty take imo with books like Cobra and it was met with fan/critical acclaim. It's just Hasbro doesn't want to go down the path. Trying to insert more science fiction/superhero elements seem to be their thing and it doesn't seem to work.

Not really, the toy market is in decline and the political situation in the entertainment world makes a series about American soldiers fighting terrorists a non-starter.

Pivot to the video game market instead of the toys. A slightly lighter version of Call of Duty or Rainbow Six or Battlevields with lots of entertaining drivable vehicles seems like a fine concept.

nah, people hate america too much
and hasbro won't let their toy be about killing muslims

youtube.com/watch?v=thbICk05yPk
I think everyone can relate with Cobra Commander and the desire to throw a chair at people who piss you off with their failure.