Why were the action scenes in the prequels so memorable, whereas in the new trilogy they are so forgettable?

Why were the action scenes in the prequels so memorable, whereas in the new trilogy they are so forgettable?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU
youtube.com/watch?v=cDh-ph8OaGo
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

george could invent new shit

>only fight scene is them fighting the palace guards
>even though they had no reason to fight because Snoke was dead
>but muh lazor whip

>when bb8 is the only one that gets to act like a hero

because george still put effort into his shit

just look at the designs of vehicles and races in the prequels and compare them to the ones in the nuwars

I have no idea. As much as I hate the anakin-padme, go find my mom story in ATOC the fights are great. From the monsters in the arena to the end of the movie is a blast. Jango vs obi-wan is pretty great too. George felt bad people liked boba fett and he didn't do much with him in ROTJ so he wanted to deliver and used Jango against a jedi and it was pretty fun.

>when all the of the podracing vehicles had more unique and cool designs than everything in nuwars

Because they were well done.
People will shit on the fight scenes in the prequels, but they were very well choreographed.

>Snoke’s capital ship
>it’s a wider, bigger, darker star destroyer

Apologize to George.

Say what you will about the Prequels, at least they were original.

Damn nigga that got me in the feels

because of contrarians like you

The lack of music in the podrace was a really nice touch. Made it feel more immersive, just hearing the sound of the engines and the wind. If the podrace were in the new movies there would be zany music the whole time and characters going "DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT?!!?" and cracking one liners

because George Lucas is actually a good director of visuals. it's just writing and actors he has trouble with. even the actor issue wouldn't be so bad in the prequels if he wasn't having them shoot on green screens opposite a tennis ball on a stick 90% of the time in 2 and 3. most if not all of the most iconic visuals from the OT are straight from his imagination. think of everything in ANH alone (which he directed himself, unlike the next two.) opening scene, tatooine, binary sunset, the cantina, the death star, the weird mayan temples on Yavin IV, the trench run. he oversaw all of the initial design work as well which set the tone of the whole universe, the look of Darth Vader and the stormtroopers, all the spaceships and so on. the sequels are simultaneously completely derivative and actively destructive of everything Lucas established

Apologize

youtube.com/watch?v=yHqdESArkqU

>when Finn says "STOP ENJOYING THIS" during the mongrel race scene

The design of that hangar alone is great.

It's shit, but less shit than the grevious garbage, or anything in nu-wars.

i was entertained

Why the fuck would you bring the center of government with the head of state onboard to a military site where something could (and did) go wrong? Isn't this kind of like sending the President to watch D-Day from Omaha Beach and then being surprised that his boat gets shelled?

It was written by a person when people still wrote movies, rather than algorithms and pseudo A.I.

Because you were 9.

>tfw Disney has unironically made me appreciate the prequels

They're still shit but atleast they're original and Lucas tried to make something good. They had potential to be great if the writing had been a bit better and more coherent.

I just watched the podrace scene because I hadn't seen it in a while. Realized while watching that all of the problems in that movie could've been solved if Anakin was the same age as Padme (parallel to Luke, sexual tension, all that jazz,) Gungans were replaced by something cooler, and Lucas had gotten help with his plot/dialog. Just aging up Anakin into a charismatic teenage space-street-racer whose mother is constantly vacillating between awe and deep concern for her son would've been a massive improvement.

Fuck you, the Grievous fight was cool

And when it comes back it really hits you. Good stuff

Yeah that didn’t make sense to me either

>mfw now imagining loli Natalie Portman in Episode 1

It could've been great.

Say what you will about the Prequels, they're better than the Disney garbage. At least George was taking some chances in coming up with radically new and inventive ideas (which occasionally would fail). All the Disney movies do is rehash the OT in an uninspired way.

Also the charm of a film really only shines if there's one unifying strong vision. All film projects should be run in a fascist manner, one inspired shot-caller. Rather than one bureaucrat in charge who constantly hires teams of directors and writers.

I'm gonna say it right now, it's still unpopular to say but prequels were miles better than this horseshit. Even with Jar Jar and the incredibly shitty acting and sometimes terrible dialogue, they were still a very *inspired* movies, and the charm of George's genius still shown.

are you copypasting something from reddit?

3:26 is probably the highlight of the scene for me.

You know what reddit spacing was called on Sup Forums before fucking last year? Writing in paragraphs like a fucking adult.

Go back to world-star you illiterate, nig.

>she'd look down on this literal who slave boy at first but he'd gradually wear her down with his charm and obvious, intoxicating destiny, in spite of her royal breeding and schooling
would've been fucking awesome dude

>Illiterate, nig
that comma really makes you think

The prequels would have been at least 75% better if
1- Jar Jar never existed.
2- Child and teenage Anakins replaced with competent actors.
3- A few scenes need to be re-written with better dialogue. Most notably, any of the love scenes, Lucas CANNOT write a love scene to save his life. Daniel Day Lewis couldn't save that shitty dialogue.

This is r/The_Donald territory now pops, we know how fellow redditors act so when we see it we call REDDIT so we can feel better about ourselves and our orgin, although we usually call out things that a regular reddit user would be able to identify

Lucas should have just gotten some genuinely good writers to work on his ideas. The themes in the prequels were solid, the execution was shit.

*only a

youtube.com/watch?v=cDh-ph8OaGo

I'm positive this scene made me fall in love for the first time.

This. The prequels could've been fucking great if Lucas had someone to control his autism when it went too far. As I understood it this was the case for the OT and the result was awesome. Proper writing could've made the prequels God tier. There was even great actors.

>Maul constantly retreating, trying to separate them
>Maul backing up to the ledge and having to catch his balance
>Obi-wan feinting and Qui-gon moving in
>Maul pacing like a caged tiger
>Obi-wan bouncing like an athlete ready to get into the game

Say what you want about the rest of the movie, but this fight was masterfully done.

>Ewan was perfectly cast as Kenobi and had to do his best with the terrible dialog and green screen fights he was given
>even if Disney does an Obi-Wan Kenobi, Space Detective series that'll probably be shit too
guy can't catch a break, but at least he can steal some numale's wife

maybe if we were watching a nigger brawl in the street it would be classified as good. that's not how jedi fight.

She actually looked like an angel... not kidding. I miss loli Nat...

>GeorgeWithTwoMarkers.webm
He actually had a plan and could structure his films around said plan. He's also has a good eye for visuals. Writing is his where his autism gets in the way.

>that flurry rush of hits at 3:30

Also I love the big sound effect at 1:18

I want to see a nigger brawl that looks like that.

Kino criticism.

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

That's some good shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
because george actually tried to make something new

>2- Child and teenage Anakins replaced with competent actors

That wouldn't have mattered because George was the problem, not the actors. He was more concerned with the special effects than the acting which resulted in what we got.

this is fantastic, great editing. hate the over-choreographed dance fights of the prequels, the brief duel in the sand on Tatooine is the only one that matches the intensity of ESB and RotJ. at least they reach amusing levels of ridiculousness by #3, the fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan is hilarious. Lightsaber fight at the end was among the few things I actually liked in TFA, seemed like they were actually trying to hurt each other, they were fucking up the environment, and so on. Of course it had a dumbass ending and circumstances were stupid to begin with but the fighting was cool