She ain't a Mary Sue in this one!

>She ain't a Mary Sue in this one!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FVzc20Bm8Xo
youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes she is Jay and Rich.

She's not a mary sue, but she is insufferably bland and boring. It's even worse because she's clearly meant to be the character that everyone loves, like Luke was, and this colors her every interaction and makes me actively lose interest whenever she's on screen

>that part where he made fun of all you autists who can't fathom Rey beating a severely wounded Kylo
Just take the L and move on loser.

Did they even acknowledge her Mary Sue qualities in the TFA HitB/Plinkett reviews?

>receives virtually no training
>beats up Jedi Master Luke
>kills room full of emperor's throne room red guards
>ties with Kylo in a force power battle
>lifts a massive amount of boulders simultaneously, when at this point in his training Luke was working on small rocks

Come on now

>I'M DYING LAUREN!

>everybody like TFA until they decided they didn't
Who let this faggot in the Star Wars conversation, anyway?

Jay is way too much of a beta to acknowledge a woman being flawed. I remeber in the suicide squad review he hated that Batman punched Harley Quinn and noted he felt uncomfortable. I love Jay. I really do. But I bet he is a worm

What a dink

Lol my old post. I got banned for this several times. Looks good except you forgot the Z͕̳͜a̠͚l̬͕̬̬̟̕g̦͓o̘̣̬͓̥̟
͢ text. Keep it up user

>character is told by older, wiser character that they are acting immature and they need to learn to overcome their mistakes
>that character is Luke fucking Skywalker and not Rey

It's like they're trying their hardest to show that she's flawless

>severly wounded
too bad the movie doesn't ackonwledge this, since he moves normally. he even punches his wound to get more pumped up, "bleeding to death" my ass
they could salvege this a bit in TLJ, but they didn't even show a horrible scar in his shirtless shot, fucking hacks

>writing a scene into Gorilla Interrupted where his crush would kiss him
what did he mean by this?

Lol didn't luke hold out in a fight with vader and all he lost was a hand?

What was his training? A ball that shot a laser every few seconds!

Seriously stop and think before you post

Never
For whatever reason Jay seems determined to defend TFA

You're misremembering, he says that about Slipknot in order to illustrate how poorly they make the characters unlikable

The real problem with the Kylo Ren and Rey fight scene is that Rey has no reason to beat him there. She has no skills to do it. So we weaken Ren so the audience can have a happy ending. Why are we weakening a villain? It's the hero who should have the odds against him, not the other way around. That was some professional wrestling bullshit.

He believes Daisy will repay him with sex.

Amazing what a haircut and beard can do for a man.

>hold out

If by holding out you mean "getting his shit pushed in save for the few times he was running away from him", then sure.

It's a bit suspicious how they brought up the mary sue thing even though it had nothing to do with the review

Heh yeah no. He specifically talks about how Batman punched harley after she swiped a knife at them and Jay acted repulsed. Don't make me get the timestamp son

He also defended the pink hair...

Glad that I'm not the only one who noticed

I think he was being ironic.

Do it. The context of his statement has more to do with it happening more than once and being played as an unfunny joke

requesting time stamp

Vader was using one hand for the first half of the fight he had so little respect for Luke. He then started beating the crap out of him using entirely the force to throw things at him, the next time he uses his lightsaber is to slice Lukes hand off.

Luke is a fucking joke in ESB compared to Vader, anyone who thinks otherwise needs to seriously stop and watch ESB before they post.

I don’t even care anymore

She had no character arc.

>since he moves normally. he even punches his wound to get more pumped up

Have you ever gotten injured in your entire life? He was not "pumping himself up". Squeezing, rubbing scratching and yes, hitting damaged tissue are responses to pain.

This is why they were making fun of the Mary Sue-thing. Rich is on the record saying Rey is a Mary Sue, it's just that this autismal obsession with power levels is a stupid distraction from the real problems of the movie.

Is beardfat turning them to the dark side?

he was, pain makes you stronger in the dark side. vaders suit left him in constant pain for this reason

only a nu-male deals in absolutes

Mike honestly thought this movie wasn't made by committee

I heard that Jay is a Mary Sue in bed.

Is that true?

They still fucked up in the review because they liked the one thing that got the movie to 56ish range, which is

>let go of past

There is ways and ways. You focus on Yoda being a retard but you think "anybody being a Jedi" can save the series from getting stale?

christ, what a FAGGOT

>Rey can swim despite spending her whole life on a desert planet
They really should have gone with their original idea of Jakku being a water planet.

>twitter warrior

>Rey's parents being nobody is great
What the fuck is Jay smoking?

>"anybody being a Jedi"
Is that even the case? It's not like you can learn the force now. You still have to be born with it.

Money

He has a point. Does every character need to be a Skywalker? Its fucking dumb.

Vader toyed with him the entire fight. Yoda even tells not go because he has not hope against Vader.

In ROTJ he's holding out against Vader in order to not given into the dark side.

This is my biggest problem with TLJ, considering that she's ostensibly the main character
>She goes to the planet
>She spends 5 minutes training and tastes the dark side but then also seems to suffer absolutely no consequences for doing so
>She goes to try and turn Kylo Ren and only acts as a catalyst for his betrayal of Snoke before leaving to go be with the rebellion
>She then lifts some rocks to save her friends
She didn't learn a goddamn thing in the entire movie

Jay's right, you know

The broom kid is no Windu babby. As long as you have

>hope

you can be a Jedi. They pulled a tabula rasa so they can rebuild the academy with a bunch of nobodies, without checking for their powerlevel.

No, they can be a Solo, or a Katarn, descendants of anybody from the council really. Make her have the patriarchy of the Jedi in her bloodstream, because at the end that's why they didn't do it.

Nobodies? Just kill SW, it sucks, it's like when they started having super saiyans in dragon ball, it's fucking useless and cheap, that's why they got back to their Luke Skywalker after 30 years.

>le wounded meme
It was so much more than that one fight. Every thing about her in that movie screamed Mary Sue; she ticked off so many boxes it almost felt like they were doing it on purpose. NOTHING she does feels earned, everybody loves her or is interested in her and she is trusted by everyone immediately. I honestly think you'd have to either be delusional or just not understand what a Mary Sue is to deny it.

t. sexist creep

>Solo

Meant a Kenobi.

The dark side stuff regarding Rey made no sense this movie.
Luke freaks out how she's drawn to the dark, but she never really seems in danger of being anything but the good guy. When she does go to the dark side cave it's basically friendly with her and gives her a proper vision.
Are they going to make it that Rey can use the dark side without being corrupted?

Vader was going easy on him. It's like you shills never watched or liked Star Wars at all!

Rey being the first ever grey jedi because she's so flawless she can tap in both sides without falling for either was one of the original theories.

It's the better solution to a stupid problem that they wrote themselves into
JJ couldn't resist being a dumbass and giving his audience a cheap thrill by setting up this mystery about who Rey really is, which leaves them with two options moving forward: Either Rey is the daughter of someone important, or she isn't. If she was really Rey Kenobi, it wouldn't have made the movie any better, it's just a shitty cocktease that they couldn't follow through on because there's no interesting way forward

No but she's specifically built up in TFA as her past being important. They could easily explain her amazingness by reveling that she was one of luke's students who he mind wiped in order to hide her from Kylo.

Pink hair's really not that much of an issue desu. It's star wars

>Does every character need to be a Skywalker?
No, but when you build this up by having her literally beat the shit out of everyone on her first try on top of having Snoke call her out on it and then it's revealed she's as strong as The Chosen One™'s offspring despite being a literally who it's stupid.

She get's pissed off at luke, attacks him from behind and then pulls a lightsaber on him when he defends himself.

At least the prequels gave a half assed reason for Anakin being so powerful with the whole space jesus prophecy. Rey is super powerful purely because Disney said so

>kylo was hurting himself in order to feed off of the dark side
>a-actually the injury was harming his ability to fight

It's called being married, Jay.

>n-not a mary sue in this movie cuz she fails with everyone else in the movie!!!111!!
>wants Luke to train her
>he barely actually trains her
>she just swings the lightsaber on the cliff a few times and look into an evil mirror before fucking off to be a super amazing force user and able to take on elite guards

>Rey is so good she doesn't need training
>Not a mary sue

k

>fucking stupid EU shit
youtu.be/FVzc20Bm8Xo

why do you retards watch these cucks

AotC
>spends ten years training to be a jedi after being identified as have a higher potential then Yoda
>still gets his ass kicked by Dooku

RotS
>losses to obi-wan after another 3 years of training

youtube.com/watch?v=Kj3opk1QFTM
their review was lukewarm

the movie was offensively bad

you know its all made up bullshit right?

uridon you will never become the next e;r I hope you do realize that, right?

They're our best friends and sometimes best friends have disagreements, it is perfectly normal and healthy.

Jay got permission from Max Landis to say this, so he did. Daisy's charismatic as fuck, after all.

>Chosen one loses two fights due to inexperience and arrogance
>Mary sue hasn't lost a single fight yet
Hmm....

Is this Josh's account?

thank god I fucking hate that guy

Mary Sue only had one fight against a force user and she only won because Kylo didn't want to kill her.

Kek

Vader barely even tried and Luke still lost. And the only reason he didn't immediately destroy Luke was even explained by Vader himself. He wanted to turn Luke to the dark side and take him as his apprentice. He knew that Luke probably had similar latent force power as himself in his prime but needed training to realize his potential. In no moment during this entire confrontation did it ever look like Luke actually stood a chance.

During their second confrontation in episode 6 Vader is already in conflict with himself and doesn't actually want to fight Luke. He turns on the emperor the moment he gets a chance and Luke is in any real danger.

Explain why she's know more about and is a better pilot of the millennium falcon then Han despite never flying it before?

>@nekocaseonly

whats ironic is apparently neko case unfollowed him, guess he's just that insufferable

God fucking damn, every time I bring up how awful Rey is, how she's basically the epitome of how you write a Mary Sue, I have to fight everyone I meet tooth and nail just to get my point across.

>B-but user, she gets captured, a-and runs away from her destiny, a-and says how she has to return to Jakku all the time, s-s-s-she's not a Mary Sue!

She hits so many of the marks for one, it actually hurts. Even friends I know that are actually critical of film don't even bother and shut their brain off when she's on screen wtf

Semi-attractive women can do no wrong.

>Does every character need to be a Skywalker? Its fucking dumb.

It is, but that was the only explanation left for how Rey is just randomly the effortlessly best ever at everything. That she had to have a special background. With that gone, the only explanation left is bad writing and directing.

Heh, you just don't get it do you? Its the force link that gives Rey so much power.

Hasn't there already been a grey Jedi in the Clone War?

If it's not in SW I-VII, it never happened.

And Luke fought someone who didn't want to kill them but still caught off his fucking hand.

who tf is nekocase?

Didn't you pay attention to TLJ. Rey is powerful because Kylo is and it's the universe dishing out cosmic affirmative action.

Rey is the chosen one. Not Luke.

He was calling her a miserable failure, like everyone else in the movie.

No? Luke was getting the shit beaten out of him with zero effort. What the fuck movie were you watching? They made it 100% clear that Vader is stronger than him in every way and has the upper hand. Which he should be, since he's the villain and all. Having him be weaker than Luke would make him nonthreatening and ruin the movie, like what happened to Kylo did.

A Mary Sue is not a character that "has no flaws". A Mary Sue's flaws are just negligible.

Overcoming your flaws has to be integral to a hero's journey for the story to have tension.

tv tropes writes on this:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue

>The prototypical Mary Sue is an original female character in a fanfic who obviously serves as an idealized version of the author mainly for the purpose of Wish Fulfillment. She's exotically beautiful, often having an unusual hair or eye color, and has a similarly cool and exotic name. She's exceptionally talented in an implausibly wide variety of areas, and may possess skills that are rare or nonexistent in the canon setting. She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing.

note "She also lacks any realistic, or at least story-relevant, character flaws — either that or her "flaws" are obviously meant to be endearing."

When everyone is special, nobody is. When everyone sucks, nobody does. Stop defending that mangina.

That is completely retarded and stupid and the worst writing possible.

I do think it's funny how Sup Forums hates these guys but they really are just comfycore.

I wasn't. His tone was very clear when he said that, and he immediately followed up that nobody was a mary sue, nodding the many failures the movie illustrated.

Why are you bringing this up? How is this not in line with user's argument? Rey's flaws are limited, she has implausible talent with the Force and combat abilities and everyone that isn't an antagonist, with the exception of Kylo, find her infatuating to some degree.

She got lightly touched on the arm, giving her a slight burn. What more do you want?