This is good fanservice

This is good fanservice.
>tells a non-character driven story with great set pieces
>doesn't rape the entire existing lore
>humor isn't forced (the robot was genuinely funny
>has one of the best space battles in the saga
>darth vader

I CLAPPED

I really wonder if it got dicked over by reshoots.

Katarn would have been better.

Hell his whole story seems like a masterpiece compared to shot like TLJ.

>I really wonder if it got dicked over by reshoots.
It did. Vader's scene is a reshoot as well, so it also got good things out of it.

it was fucking shit

Bruh, look at this dude.

it was also whatever. good concept though, it did transmit well the level of urgency and sacrifice necessary to get the plans. tarkin cgi was good, but dude, i mean you gotta obscure that a little bit you cant go full frontal like that it takes you out

It would've been much better with just a few changes like Jyn not being autistic and actually getting to know and love the team along with us; and the team actually being memorable for something besides their weapons.

gib english girlfriend

It's the only NuWars movie I like

It was shit. Ironically the boundaries and timeline of the setting did help to keep it grounded and free from getting lost in space like TLJ. So it's a better movie. But only when compared to TLJ and TPM.

It was leaps and bounds better than TFA. I've not yet seen TLJ, but Rogue One is a quality war film set in the Star Wars universe.

I feel that it (and the Original Trilogy) is severely injured by the First Order storyline. All these people died in the Rebellion just so that the new republic would fail immediately and become a resistance movement AGAIN?

To me it was something with some great aspects but no glue to hold it together. I really enjoyed the intro sequence, crenik, and some of the visuals and action sequences at jedda and tropical place, but it isnt enough to keep it from feeling hollow to me which is too bad. Its certainly not as completely and utterly irredeemable like tfa was

The original trilogy was a statement by Baby Boomers on how the defeat of the Nazis and the British Empire made them feel. This sequel trilogy ups the ante by being about baby boomers and their gullible idiot pets making a statement on the existence of white males who don't self-medicate with birth control pills and cut off their balls. Without some kind of "resistance" there's nowhere for these people to project a moral context so they made it the embodiment of feminism.

>literally makes the Empire look retarded at Scariff
No I don't like this, it was First Order tier bad.

Forgettable, bland and horrible cringy dialogue. All disney star wars is unredeemable trash, if you disagree you probably enjoy cape-garbage.

How do you mean? They had a good plan.

>lets stare at our bases being attacked and fuck huge explosions on the ground happening for several long minutes like idiots before our boss tells us to counter-attack

is that some gay book character? I read tales of the bounty hunter and Boba was a fedora tipping faggot. im glad the books are noncannon. the EU should be Star Wars stories movies only

but RLM told me it was bad

> all these people died
Literally the entirety of the starwars universe, every action taken by every character, is rendered completely moot by the new story, its the entire point, theres no way the movies could have been good because disney specifically stated that they HAVE to reset the series to square one so in a few years starwars is associated solely with disney, it was an actual requirement for anyone who got the job

I want those imperial tanks the new TIE fighter

It was literally 15 fucking seconds and they were all looking at him in shocked confusion for what to do, shut up.

Remember when the Rebel fleet was about to escape into hyperspace at the end of the film and Vader's Star Destroyer showed up in their path and they exploded when they hyperdrove into the front of it, without dealing any damage to the Star Destroyer? That was pretty internally consistent with what Han explained about hyperdrive mechanics in Star Wars.

>>doesn't rape the entire existing lore

That's where you're wrong, incel. The Force Unleashed was the story of the rebellion. Those rebel outfits were originally the outfits of General Rahm Kota's militia.

It is the best modern Starwars movie, including all the prequels

You cannot argue it was worse than anything else that has come out as of late

they were a bunch of IT nerds, its the empire's data division, like supply fags in the army

This was also easily the best combat in all of Star Wars.

she's welsh

TFU might actually make for a decent movie if they nerfed Starkiller's powers to make it consistent with the canon and restructured the plot.

Sure, buddy

I recall really not liking the space battle but yea there was some great action

Why don't you give me an alternative theory for the existence of Admiral Tumblr and the need to de-sex every male character besides Driver.

>>literally makes the Empire look retarded
so every movie since ESB

Why is that Startards who unironically enjoy episodes 4 through 6 hate Rouge One, while rational people who recognize the original trilogy for what it is (a children's movie) seem to all agree that Rouge One was the only good Starshit film?

The answer is that there's a positive correlation among people who drink soy milk and people who dislike war films. You are all testlet Startard numales who love your shiny lightsabers and retarded dark vs lightside dynamic because that is the most complex moral quandary you are capable of comprehending.

t. enlightened individual

>The Force Unleashed
>General Rahm Kota
not canon! ;)

What the fuck would you know about enlightenment you pig fucking kike

His powers were consistent with canon until disney wars.
Piss off.
Ok, mouse.

Watch it there, Starshit is the kike franchise.

Everyone who were there for filming the original claim it got dicked by reshoots, but there are good reshoot scenes as well, like the Vader fanservice.
Yeah it's blatant fanservice, but it works.

Videogame character who becomes a Jedi Knight.