Kon-El thread?

>Do you miss him yet?
>What's your favourite Kon era/characterisation?
>What the fuck happened to NuKon after he flew into a wall?
>Who fucked him up worse- Lobdell or Johns?
>What did you think about YJ's Kon?
>What name should he take now that Jon is Superboy?
>Will he return before Rebirth is over?

>Do you miss him yet?
God, yes. I want him to be Jon's cool big brother and to babysit the Supersons.
>What's your favourite Kon era/characterisation?
Just before the reboot hit was the sweet spot. 90s Superboy never clicked for me outside Young Justice. Johns (imo, don't hate me) added a more interesting backstory element in him being half-Luthor, however Kon as a character became a bland angsty void of personality. Adventure Comics era took that and made him into a character i was interested in seeing mature and grow, placing focus on his thoughts and friendships.
The less said about Lobdell's trainwreck, the better.
>What the fuck happened to NuKon after he flew into a wall?
I think he joined Harvest? He might be dead though, i have no clue.
>Who fucked him up worse- Lobdell or Johns?
Johns' version was salvaged in Adventure Comics. For Lobdell, they went full scorched earth.
He was alright - character was subsumed by relationship drama. No TTK and no aging kind of sucks though, and he jobbed a fuckton. If he got heat vision and freeze breath (no flight/speed) and aged, I'd like him more, but as is he's just irrelevant (given that he's not even the physically strongest member of the Team)
Is Supernova taken? Sentinel?
>Will he return before Rebirth is over?
If he's in prison with Tim, yes. If not, no. Johns likes him, which is a good sign, but I don't want to get my hopes up like the Primefags.

Kon was always one of the characters that made me wish comic books actually allowed for progression. Even an alternate universe where he finally becomes Superman would make me nut.

Never coming back.

Lobdell's Superboy was my first comic book since I was a kid reading Gen13/GenX and I don't get the hate for it
what's wrong with it?

also, Superboy was last scene just chilling in that Supergirl Crucible arc, is everyone just going to ignore his existence? Superdad sucks

I know the arc you're talking about- he appeared again after that desu. It was in Teen Titans, from the Annual to issue 12 of the second New 52 series

I know it's not the same, but I won't be surprised if he comes back by the time Young Justice 3 starts, if not before.

Kenan is a fun substitute

I was already biased against it because it fucked Kon up, but it was also generally poorly written, constantly drawn into substandard crossovers, gave its main character a nonsensical and edgy backstory, said 'living weapon' every three sentences, and replaced its main character with a homicidal doppelganger at issue 20

>Young Justice Rebirth with the YJ4 plus Blue Beetle and Miss Martian for muh synergy
Please.

It's just not the same...
Kenan is fantastic though, and NSM is one of the titles ive enjoyed most consistently

>tfw we'll never have a fun superfamily series that includes all the superboys, men, women, girls, and dogs

>no Cir-El
>no Chris Kent
Truly, we live in the darkest timeline

I miss him so much

He's never coming back, is he?
Or if he comes back, he'll be a villain and jealous of Jon.
This causes me great pain

>comes back
>shit happens to him that physically fucks him up and turns his skin pale
>because current superboy's bizzaro/match

It's so shitty that we never got a rose wilson ando conner ship going. That was where it was headed before the new 52 kicked in.

I really hope to see him coming back before the end of Rebirth, along with Bart actually.

I miss Kon so much. He was my favorite character. I feel like Lobdell ruined him, even if you disliked Johns' changes to him we still had the fun Jeff Lemire Superboy. book that got canned for the New 52. I want him and Jon to hang out and team up

The Super family needs that older brother figure for the new kid and Conner would be perfect.

Cheesy 90s era Kon was great.
Pretty good, fun characterizations, but overshadowed a lot. The terrible romance drama that would fully rear its head in TT got its spark here too.
Maybe Flamebird, except he knows Tim more than Dick.

I could get behind Flamebird. Maybe he could pull a Wally and just also be Superman or Superboy alongside Clark or Jon.

I want Tim/Kon to go as the Phoenix bros...

...shit. I wish I couldn't see this happening.

The cereal king wouldn't do that, right? He said he loves Kon!
...Right?
Wasnt that teased even in Nu52?
We all do, brother.
>Kon, now 17-19 years old, being Jon's chill big brother
>Awkward family dinners with Good!Lex
>looking after the SuperSons as a favour to Clark
>Jon looks up to him as a role model, thinks his '90s look and fade is the coolest thing ever, much to Clark's dismay.
>Crossover issues with Bruce, Clark, Tim, Kon, Jon, and Damian forming three generations of Worlds Finest friendships
>Damian hating him due to association with Drake until they bond over being created as a weapon for evil relatives
>Kon and Jon playing with Krypto
>Kon giving Jon (terrible) advice about girls and school.
How do i stop it hurting, bros?

I want all of that so badly. DC needs to get on YJ Rebirth asap and then get the Super family and Bat family hanging out even more.

RIP he's just been pretty much confirmed not to exist in the post-Reborn timeline... kill me

They've just released the first trade of PAD's YJ, and Karl Kesel's 90s Superboy's coming out in February. Make of that what you will.

>Crossover issues with Bruce, Clark, Tim, Kon, Jon, and Damian forming three generations of Worlds Finest friendships
It really grinds my gears that Kara is perpetually de-aged and so is too young to be Dick's Super.

Jacket Kon-El is awesome okay I dont care what people say Jackets over Tights was the best 90s costume trend

wait wait wait Superboy is being collected? including his time with the Ravers???????

fuck yes
Kesel is one of the most underrated Big 2 writers ever

is Supergirl the same from Loeb's run?

Goddammit, they really did wipe him out of the new timeline, didn't they?

I don't understand why Batman can go through a new Robin every year, but there can be only one Superboy.

Kon as an older brother character for Jon would be perfect, and fit in wonderfully with the new emphasis on family in the supertitles.

Based cereal king, please help us!

Please DC. Make it happen.
If some DC intern is shitposting here on their break, try and convince someone to do it.

I miss best boy every day

RIP Kon-El

Johns please bring your boy back

New 52 Superboy wasn't even that bad
I felt for the kid
fuck
I'm kinda sad thinking about how much hate he got the entire time just for not being the same and being edgy like the rest of New52 did anyways and now he's going to be dismissed into oblivion and forgotten and only brought up as a meme
he was my first comic Superboy after watching the YJ show and I like Lobdell's version more than Weisman's

He wasn't even Conner.

Jon Lane Kent.

RIP

I am a 90s kid. Young Justice was the first comic I ever picked up, and Kon was always my favorite. That spun out into buying his solo series, and continuing into Teen Titans. I was so mad when he died in Infinite Crisis and so hyped when they brought him back in Legion of Three Worlds. We then got Action Comics and Lemire's awesome run, but then Lobdell completely ruined him (and the rest of the Titans) so badly that I nerd raged so hard I dropped all comics until 2015. I have my hopes for Rebirth and I know that Johns likes the character, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm used to suffering

I liked some of the issues like where he robbed a bank, or was living with Bunker. But it was pretty much bound to Lobdells Titans which dragged it down.