Do you prefer dramatic Batman or comedic Batman?

Do you prefer dramatic Batman or comedic Batman?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nR6T3ty06NE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

dick batman

He was a better Robin

overdramatic batman

Comedic. I don't want to take Batman seriously. Not ever.

Drama with a bit of levity to keep things balanced.
This is a man in a silly outfit who goes around at night beating up the same dozen people on a weekly basis after all.

Dickbats and Robin was probably the first time I found a Batman comic truly engaging. It was also the first time I came to genuinely like Dick as a character.

homoerotic batman

Singing Batman youtube.com/watch?v=nR6T3ty06NE

Comedic baman.
you have to be either very young or very spergy to take any major dc superheroes seriously in this day and age

i know im spouting normie trash but lets face it, you want to overdramatize a guy who dresses in a fucking bat costume and uses "bat" as a preffix

So dramatic that it's comical again Batman.

as as he finally does the deed he can be anything

Don't make this about company wars, there's plenty of inherent sillines in Marvel heroes too.

actually you're right.
and they've gone on pretty edgy routes too.

like when they made gwen stacy a total fucking slut and then killed her off in the same issue i think, i mean jesus fucking christ these people have forgotten what they're supposed to write about.

"Dramatic" Batman is best.

i prefer campy/lighthearted batman (66, BATB, dickbats)

i find dark & gritty batman very boring outside of the DCAU and maybe the arkham games

Dramatic Batman who doesn't act like he's constantly tormented and smiles and laughs from time to time.

"Stop me if you've heard this one: A man walks into a bar and says 'ow.'"

Yeah but Marvel tends to be actually aware of the silliness that comes with their heroes and uses that to their advantage(see the MCU movies).

Deadpan Batman in a comedic universe.

yes

All Bats is good Bats except the Goddamned one

It's not like there were 2 (two) comedic Batman movies in theaters last year.
And no I don't mean any of the DCEU movies.

>except the Goddamned one
Commit suicide, Linkara. ASBAR is a masterpiece of post-ironic writing.

I like the batman that fits the story wrote by a writer that likes batman and not someone like Johns.

Was he?
Honestly he's been Nightwing since the over 30 years ago,
How many people actually have read a decent amount of older work where Dick is Robin?

I liked The Batman

He was dark, brooding, and unapproachable as Batman but as Bruce he has friends, plays basketball, spends some nights hanging out with Dick and Babs

This thread perfectly displays why batman can be so divisive at the box office.

People were even sick of balebats being so serious (your friend who swears ledger is the GOAT actor of all time doesn't matter.) Older heads love the Adam West batman and, even if I fucking hate it, I can't act like it isn't Batman.

As much as some people reeeee and bitch about batfleck I reee and bitch about funny/ironic batman.

So just know, those of you who hate serious batman and his fans, we feel the same about funnybats and you.

I'm sure we both think the other is the reason batman sucks now.

Both.

>GOAT actor of all time

twas the joke mlad. Like "RIP in peace".

and a better Batman.

he made the bitter batman better

Best batman is terry

He's bland.

Dramatic Batman in comedic situations

he also delivered a good joke once to The Joker himself. See: Wait, no the line was: "A man goes to see the doctor and says 'ow'."

Comically dramatic

>hating adam west's
user, the golden age comics (the bulk of them, not the ones wikipedia editors red) where literally the 60s show set in the 40s. Bill finger even wrote an episode of that show. You cant hate that incarnation of batman as its the most faithful one by far.

That said, you're free to like serious batman but you're acting like if there's some sort of balance between them when batman has been serious a lot more than funny. I like both which is why I think they should balance things out a bit.

comedic Batman

serious yet camp batman

horror batman

We'd legitimately need a statistician for this but I would wager there are more serious batman stories than comedic in his publishing history. So, no, I don't see that as being "faithful". Otherwise you open the door for "why isn't batman wearing purple gloves and shooting people." which means Adam West isn't faithful to finger and kanes creation.

you even bring it back to finger never faithfully delivering Kane's character. Regardless of if Kane's would have been popular or successful as is.

Why not both?

>We'd legitimately need a statistician for this but I would wager there are more serious batman stories than comedic in his publishing history.

Irrelevan to what I said.

>So, no, I don't see that as being "faithful".
You dont think the way batman's original creator portrayed batman on his early appearances faithful?

>Otherwise you open the door for "why isn't batman wearing purple gloves and shooting people."
Not really, as finger was still in. And, again, if you actually read that run you'd know he only did it like twice and was quickly dropped.

>you even bring it back to finger never faithfully delivering Kane's character. Regardless of if Kane's would have been popular or successful as is.
Wrong too. I never mentioned kane and that concept wasnt published.

It is not irrelevant if most of his publishing history leans one way. You don't decide how much of a creators influence matters and how much it doesn't.

Batman wouldn't exist without Kane's idea and his original drawings. Finger would not have come up with it or changed the costume. And you can't say "these issues matter but those don't". Either the rest of the original run was unfaithful to the first appearances or later appearances matter. In which case the ratio of "comedic:serious" absolutely matters.

You mentioned batman, Kane's creation, so yes you mentioned kane. It's clear YOU are the wikipedia reader who takes the typical normie cause of "Finger made Batman" when in fact he fucking didn't.

You don't have the mental dexterity necessary to do the gymnastics to tell me what I can and cannot hate and what I can and cannot find faithful. Not if you're the type of faggot shilling that "Finger is the original creator" shit. At best a co-creator, more-aptly an artist that decided his vision was better than the writers.

I bet you think Thor 3 looks SUPER faithful because they used a few Kirby references from non-Thor comics.

>It is not irrelevant if most of his publishing history leans one way. You don't decide how much of a creators influence matters and how much it doesn't.
And you dont get to decide the original creator is irrelevant.

>Batman wouldn't exist without Kane's idea and his original drawings. Finger would not have come up with it or changed the costume. And you can't say "these issues matter but those don't". Either the rest of the original run was unfaithful to the first appearances or later appearances matter. In which case the ratio of "comedic:serious" absolutely matters.
Both matter. But on finger's run, comedic wins on the ratio. Again i'm not saying batman can't be serious, i'm just saying the west one is faithful.

>You mentioned batman, Kane's creation, so yes you mentioned kane. It's clear YOU are the wikipedia reader who takes the typical normie cause of "Finger made Batman" when in fact he fucking didn't.
Ok, what issues portrayed kane's concept of the character?

>You don't have the mental dexterity necessary to do the gymnastics to tell me what I can and cannot hate
I cant dictate what you like

>and what I can and cannot find faithful.
This, however isnt as subjective.

I said
>even if I fucking hate it, I can't act like it isn't Batman

you said
>You cant hate that incarnation of batman as its the most faithful one by far.

That original batman was never published is exactly my fucking point. Finger's depiction wasn't faithful. Why do you get to decide what was faithful? If it isn't the first few appearances, and it isn't the original idea, why do you get to decide what issues and iteration is the original and what is then faithful to it.

By your own fucking metric Batfleck is the only faithful adaptation. You don't get to say "it isn't faithful" when the rest of Finger and Kane's run wasn't faithful to either the original concept or the originally published concept.

But again, you're literally bitching about me saying something IS batman but also hating it. You're fucking pathetic.

I like them both equally. But I do greatly prefer Caped Crusader over Dark Knight.

YEEEAAAAAAHHH

I prefer Batman Batman.