How is it possible that we're two movies into the sequel trilogy and the best disneywars movie so far is the spin-off...

How is it possible that we're two movies into the sequel trilogy and the best disneywars movie so far is the spin-off that was plagued by reshoots?

>characters are more human and aren't quip machines
>Jyn isn't just super amazing with the force for no reason and doesn't think acting is just making constipated faces at the camera.
>villain actually has charisma and screen presence
>when the two most central characters die the death is awesome. They hug as the planet explodes rather than going out like a total bitch or ascending because they accidentally used the force too hard.
>actually added new interesting stuff to the lore like Vader's castle and space Jerusalem, expounding more on the force being part of the religious fabric of the galaxy.
>the ending scene is one of the best in any of the Star Wars movies. It doesn't just have a retarded awkward helicopter shot of people standing on an island.
>Giacchino is now more John Williams than John Williams.

Sure the CGI cameos sucked and some of the characters were underdeveloped but they still weren't as bland and generic as most of the new ones.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w42CTq5QZtI&list=PLzFg1I9Qhy5w0Of8DSazCXGjTPyn6K-NW&index=19
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I could only tell you one name out of those eight people, yet as you say, it has been the "best" of a very shit lot.

Try to name as many people as you can from Rogue One, ill start
>Jyn?
>Director Krennic

the entire battle sequence at the end was for no reason

they had no plan or no idea where the plans were, so they land, steal some uniforms and find the plans on their own, while a pointless battle scene goes on outside, which accomplishes nothing

every single character death is a suicide, even jynny at the end instead of trying to find a ship to escape just sits there and waits to die

vader scene at the end was cringe fanboy shit

your criticisms are not wrong, and yet it was a more interesting and coherant story than either of the other nuWars movies by a long shot

>tfw no Galen.

I'll legit try without looking it up, left to right;

Jyn Urso
Ron Mexico (got nothing)
Jet Li
Shogun Joe
Muhammad Atta
AK-47
Crying Game Guy
Krennick

You know the movie was not much when no one can remember the names of the characters.

Oh wait, I remember Bor Gullet! Bor Gullet will know the truth. The only side effects is, one tends to lose... ones.... mind....

>they had no plan or no idea where the plans were, so they land, steal some uniforms and find the plans on their own, while a pointless battle scene goes on outside, which accomplishes nothing
Jesus Christ did you even notice K2SO telling them it was impossible to get past the stormtroopers without a massive diversion?

>every single character death is a suicide, even jynny at the end instead of trying to find a ship to escape just sits there and waits to die
There were no ships still in the air.

>vader scene at the end was cringe fanboy shit
Fuck off.

>Ron Mexico
>AK-47

agreed. But still better than the new mainline ones.

>vader scene at the end was cringe fanboy shit
if you're going to bait at least don't make it so obvious, 0/10

>>Giacchino is now more John Williams than John Williams.
Seriously, this was a great score. youtube.com/watch?v=w42CTq5QZtI&list=PLzFg1I9Qhy5w0Of8DSazCXGjTPyn6K-NW&index=19

not him but it was. no point of that scene other than fanboys to jack off seing vader kill rebels. and it invalidates the opening of ANH having the tantive 4 at the fucking battle

>and it invalidates the opening of ANH having the tantive 4 at the fucking battle

what are you talking about?

I remember when the name came out how excited I was that it would be a Rogue Squadron movie with tons of X-Wings. But the X-Wings in RO don't even make the "wooerk wooerk" sound when they shoot. Fuck this movie, no heart. It's like they've never seen a Star Wars movie before.

Why else would they be shooting at them? You think just because Captain Antilles and Leia tried to bullshit Vader they were seriously on a diplomatic mission?

they truly fucked up. They could done a spin-off about star wars operators working in the background helping luke, or rey or whatever, and only seeing the big picture when the next main movie trilogy happens.

Oh hi Mike still miffed that Section 31 show never got off the ground, huh?

who the fuck is mike and what is section 31? is that like warehouse 13?

The entire first hour of Rogue One is a fucking mess, filled with pointless scenes that go nowhere. I like Jyn more than Rey but that's not saying much. She was still a very under-developed character, and they would have had plenty of time to develop her if they hadn't wasted so much time on that desert planet.

>The only white male is the villain
Really makes you ponder

Mads was in the movie too.

I haven't seen this movie since it was in theaters and I can tell you all of them. This isn't a very good argument.

Then you are an exception to the rule, because most people can name only two of them at most.

That's because each character's name is only said a handful of times in the movie, not because they're entirely forgettable.

Nah, they're pretty forgettable

because most people are retards who have trouble paying attention to anything that isn't exploding

Movie should've been Donnie Yen as an Imperial police officer, running around and beating the shit out of corrupt Imperial soldiers who are selling secrets to the Rebellion.

samefagging your shitty reddit tier jokes

If you kept taking your Ritalin you'd probably be better at retaining information.

I only know the 3rd actor
I don't really know the name of the character except for the girl cause people keep saying her name

Because someone watched that shit and said it needs reshoots

>lets just be coy and bullshit around with each other after a fucking space battle where two star destroyers and an entire rebel attack force was destroyed

R1 was fucking awesome. Fuck anyone who disagrees.

I wish they'd make more kino like this.

written by john knoll, vfx veteran of ILM
that's why

but gareth edwards stuffed it up with his style of filmmaking and disney added mary sue

giacchino may have been able to mimic john williams for medal of honor and call of duty, but he's not good at space opera music

Jyn is the metric fuckin' opposite of a Mary Sue everything goes against her and she fucking dies.

Because star wars works better without the force

Only problem I had was a major one: too rushed to get to know anyone or make sense of character arcs at all.

Really bro you thought it was rushed? If anything it lingered too long without doing anything with all those dudes just sitting around being snarkfags.

I only remember the robot and the blind monk, and pretty much the last half hour of the movie. But yes, its not as bad as the two worst entries in the entire saga. Woah.

I unironically really liked Rogue 1. It knew it's place in the established story and told it in an interesting way. People shit on it because "kek I can't even remember their names" or some shit. The point of being spec ops and spies is to be pretty non-descript. There was a point when I was first watching it when I suddenly realized "oh shit, fucking NOBODY is making it out of this alive." I really liked that, and felt it wasn't plagued by quite as much of the political bullshit of episodes 7 and 8. I put R1 as a solid 3rd behind episodes 5 and 4 (with an honorable mention for vader's 1 handed military press of the emperor since I'm a /fit/izen at heart)

Names don't matter. It isn't a family drama.
What matters is their intentions and actions.

- Battle was a diversion to pull the garrison away from the archive.
- K2 droid hacked the system and found where the plans were kept
- Even if there were any ships to steal, the airspace was on lockdown, meaning no escape

did you watch the film with your ass?

The "desert planet" tied the plot together, you fucking autistic loser.

>Jyn Erso
>mary sue

You aren't supposed to jerk off to "muh characters" like you do in the main SW line.

It's just a story about regular soldiers doing their job.

You know, I'm rewatching Rogue One right now and I swear to god it gets better every time even if it's still too drawn out and a lot of scenes linger too much.

still would have preferred if the knights of ren theory happened desu

A turd with peanuts is better than a plain turd. I agree. But you can eat it all by yourself, I'm not interested.

I watched it for the first time like a month ago and I can remember Jin and Guerrero/guerrera? The others I have no idea.