Please DON'T look at me like that

Please DON'T look at me like that

Why not?
I like that scene.

How come he still got the girl after pulling shit like this? Was that all just a jedi mind trick?

Point is that Padme is a fool as well. They both make a mistake and doom the Republic because of it.

It is probably the least convincing part. You can understand why Anakin is infutated with Padme, but why does Padme reciprocate? Apart from being handsome, he is kind of a strange weirdo.

I don't get this complaint. He's hot, she knew him before so she knows he's not just a creep, he's emotionally unstable, but intelligent.

Is the 'retarded at courting women' in the Skywalker gene as well? Was Luke ever this autistic?

Kylo's pretty autistic.

It makes me feel uncomfortable

Maybe if we had gotten more scenes showcasing this intelligence. Most of the time he is acting quite hotheaded and getting into trouble as a result.

How come when I tried this I didn't get the girl?

>Maybe if we had gotten more scenes showcasing this intelligence.
Disagree. On top of what we saw in TPM, when Anakin says things like "Possesion is forbidden. Attachment is forbidden, compassion- which I would define as unconditional love- is essential to a Jedi's life", his fireplace speech, mostly just how DIRECT he is. It's not confidence so much as it is fear. He's begging Padme to save him, but in way that shows a high amount of self awareness.

Because real life isn't a fantasy.

I can't help it, your hairdo is just too fucking weird.

I killed them. I killed them all. They're dead, every single one of them. And not just the men, but the women and the children, too. They're like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I HATE THEM.

And that's why Padme is so perfect for him. She understands that he's not evil, and comforts him. His mother was just killed by savages.
She's not a spooked idiot like most real people.

Oh yes, he's a wounded bad boy, she can fix him!

Ani I can't!

I still think it is a little too convenient. Padme's character is not that believable, so it's hard to understand her motivations. She feels more like an ideal woman imagined by Anakin.

Let's face it. At Anakin's power level, he's a chad no matter how much of a creep he can be.
Padme fell into the classic abusive relationship.

In a different universe they'd be in a trailer park, Ani wearing a wifebeater, Padme smoking meth on the porch, Obi-Wan would be her step-dad who also happens to be best friends with her husband.

I don't think it has to be believable though. Anakin found his angel, but he wrecked it all anyway.
That's part of why I like it. Padme is totally a fantasy character, a better person than most real people.

Why you ask?

Anakin is aesthetically a 8-9/10 easily

Why though? She's just a senator. Political figures can't have sex?

I’m haunted by the kiss that you should never have given me

Women love that see

>Aside from being handsome

/r/ing that pic of those women who still want to get fucked by that guy pretending to be a male model child molester online

I get that he is attractive, but Padme is too. She should many attractive suitors, so why would Anakin stand out?

Please tell me why that line is bad.

see

It's forbidden love. She's unattainable as a queen/senator, he's unattainable as a Jedi. Plenty of the writing in the prequels is shit but I can believe two attractive people in their early twenties falling in love.

exhibit 2

Maybe she doesn't have that many

/thread

I'm in agony. The closer I get to you, the worse it gets. The thought of not being with you- I can't breath

How did she become Queen of Naboo when she was only what? 13?

She literally dies out of sorrow. You have to sell this romance on more than just "he's attractive".

Reminder that Hayden smashed hershlag

Seriously, did they?

Why can't the Jedi love? Seems really dumb

because they would become Sith.

You're acting like your posts speak for themselves when they really don't. Pretty low tier tactic IMO.
I mean, it makes me mad, but mostly because I don't think you care about anything other than making people mad, and that makes me mad.

My heart is beating... hoping that kiss will not become a scar

They can
what they can't do is get attached and have possessions

>You have to sell this romance on more than just "he's attractive".
I am.
see
>Why can't the Jedi love?
They can?

Can they just fuck random bitches then as long as they dont develop a connection?

Is it bad that I consider that speech some of the best dialogue in the series?

Go to bed George

Yes.George

Why didn't he just hyperspace ram the sand people before they killed his mom?

I still don't get it. There should have been some scenes where Anakin demonstrated to Padme that he is exceptional. What is in the movies is just "wow you've really grown" "let's go on a picnic" "I love you Anakin".

Lol Luke didn't even get any.

I... I stared at them. I looked at them all.

But not just the women. But the men and the children.

Sorry m'lady

I don't see why not. I figure the big deal is that falling in love with someone and losing them is a massive problem when it happens to people as powerful as Jedi. It's the same reason they take them away from their parents when they're so young. The two biggest problems with Anakin are his mother and wife, so I don't see why Jedi couldn't slay some alien sliz.

>There should have been some scenes where Anakin demonstrated to Padme that he is exceptional.
The fireplace scene is that moment for me.
>you are asking me to be rational. That is something I know I cannot do.
The world would be very different if most people were this straightforward.

>Anakin comes out with some of the absolute worst pick-up lines in existence and almost strangles his wife to death
>Luke comes dangerously close to fucking his sister
>Kylo Ren has Kathleen Kennedy's self-insert out for his dick
Not a great track record.

No, because they'll still be nurturing their passion, which is what Sith do. The Jedi are ascetics.

Seriously question, why didn't he just mindtrick her and rape her? It would've been the perfect crime and he was clearly motivated in that direction already.

I mean fuck, is Star Wars ever going to be ANYTHING but Punches Pulled: The Franchise? And no, I'm not being fucking ironic like the rest of you soyboys, I want to know why we couldn't have a forceful sex scene there where it would've made the most sense.

Can you just be straight with me though?
Why do you enjoy making me mad?

No, it's because I'm so in love...WITH YOU.

>why didn't he just mindtrick her and rape her?
What makes you think he didnt?

It's too long since I actually saw the movies, so I guess I can't really judge accurately. That was just the impression that stuck with me.

you underestimate the power of CHADikan

Padme is one of the smartest people in the star wars universe, her mind was too strong for that

This scene is well written IMO. George didn't write it though. The scriptwriter for Last Crusade wrote it.

A CUTE

He's overly critical. He never listens. He doesn't understand. It's not FAIR!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Back up. I actually want you to talk to me without shitposting.

Hayden Christensen is so hot that it makes up for his school shooter personality

At least he's a good friend.

So love has BLINDED YOU?

anakin's lines sound dumb as hell for anyone else, but if you imagine darth vader saying them, it fits perfectly

Why are the Prequels' dialogue so memorable while I struggle to remember ANYTHING from the Disney films?

Only bad line/delivery in the thread so far.

yeah, they propably should avoid having romances with space priests if they don't want to burn their career

I can predict the answer you will get from this guy
>because it's so bad

Love won’t save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that

The more I start thinking about it, the more I realize that the Prequels are actually really good.

I'm out.
I want you to know that you've driven me into an autistic, insecurity filled rage.

>she doesn't wear the makeup and weird costumes for the whole trilogy

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The prequels are interesting ideas and characters executed poorly while the sequels are completely bland but well made. However good the films are, I can see people writing fanfiction and playing with prequel toys long after the new films are gone.

irl; yes

It has to do with the dialogue.

In Last Jedi, like between rey and Ben, it's really well acted and natural.
The problem is the dialogue in Star Wars was always theatre-esque.

It sticks with you more. I think the entire board here could quote the fight between Obi-wan and Anakin.

>but well made.
'no'

I would recommend watching them again before getting your opinions from meme charts.

They really are though. They look great and the cast is mostly fine, all my issues with them are creative ones.

>executed poorly
Elaborate.

I don't actually like to watch movies.

Better than Fisher's acting in the ST desu.
I fucking hate the PT, but somehow Disney managed to continue the lowering of the Star Wars bar.

Overuse of CGI that doesn't hold up, lots of bad dialogue and terrible shit like baby Anakin's acting. I'm trying to be fair to them.

>and the cast is mostly fine
'no'

I never noticed the CGI not holding up. Why do you think the dialogue is bad?

>diversity for the sake of diversity is mostly fine.
>fanbase is and always has been overwhelmingly white and male.

>people are more willing to make concessions for members of the opposite sex who they consider extremely physically attractive

Is this another epic redpill that most non-autists figure out by age 13?

Essays could be (and have been) written about this subject buddy.

>tfw Mifune's character in this movie fails the Plinkett test as much as Qui-Gon