Aliens: Dead Orbit storytime

It's your boy Stokoe coming at you from the outer space nightmare of H.R Giger.

Let me be a fag and ask you to support the official release. If Stokoe gets rich maybe we get more Orc Stain someday.

bumping for OP.

Thanks user. My bad, a little slow to start here.

Looks awesome, as expected

How does Dark Horse handle the Alien/Aliens timeline with their comic books? How many different books/series do they put out?

This just come out?
Hadn't heard of it before.

No idea senpai, sorry. I read most of the DH Alien books I have read in the library next to my school years back. Hopefully someone ITT can help you.

Yep, it's new release day!

Check the Omnibuses.

Outbreak, Nightmare Asylum and Earth War are basically what if there was no Alien3; Newt and Hicks survive and have PTSD, but also are now considered experts about the Xenos.

Then there's all the stand-alone mini-series.

Somewhere recently there was an Aliens/Predator/Terminator story that re-imagined Earth War.

Goddamn, this art...
Thanks, OP

Wasn't there a 3 book maxi series that pertained to Prometheus, Aliens and Predator within the last 10 months or so?

Did the guy who did Orc Stain drawn this. I recognize the grimmy faces and the way too much attention to background detail.

not that that's bad

Yeah, it was called fire and stone I believe

yep

Yeah. Fire and Stone and Life and Power was the sequel. I think four titles each (Prometheus, Aliens, Predator, and AvP)

STOKOE MAH BOOIII

James Stokoe is the guy who did Orc Stain.

I know, all the retro detail feels.

How the hell does this guy draw so much detail.

Same as dudes like geof darrow, big pages and a lot of time

Saw that coming.

With a freaky, claw-like hand.

>"Innshhd"
>Inside
Ya'll got got by the vagspider, huh?

Surprise Stokoe!!!!

i'll take it tho

Did they just get boiled alive?

...can you poach a xenomorph?

How many different colors does Stokoe end up using for a single page?

Good ol' Stokoe.
Filling readers with the all too true fear "He's never gonna continue Orc Stain".

Oh baby.

But for now, that's all he wrote.

I'm gonna post the next cover preview and other variant cover. Feel free to rate, discuss whatever.

this shit is more scary than anything in all of the Prometheus / aliens/ predator crossover series they've been doing for years.

Genuinely spooked me a little bit.

Personally I liked it a bunch. Stokoe art is +++ for me and there were some nice layouts for sure (specifically I really like this page where the middle panel cuts through and shows how cramped the station is but the total emptiness + vastness of space outside). The last page could be right out of BLAME! or something, allowing for style.

It's a little slow but horror often starts slow because pacing is completely critical for horror. This definitely feels like the comic equivalent of a first act of an Alien movie.

Thanks for reading!

A little strange how soon we got a full view of the Alien, but that bit with the busted machinery was clever.

This art is amazing, but Alien books are always such a bore to me.
You know what's going to happen going into them, hardly any stories deviate form the "people go to an isolated planet/space thing, alien or aliens show up, everybody dies except for one guy who manages to get away while blowing everything up" formula.
It's a franchise that's content with telling the same basic story over and over again because that's how it happened in the movies.

Thanks for posting

OK, that's fucking clever.

I like stokoe but he still has these moments where everything looks flat or "bent" and it mostly involves him drawing humans. He's a great monster artist but it feels like he treats human figures as an afterthought in making them seem apart of a panel.

Thanks for the storytime OP. Really fucking cool book so far.

Ain't reading cause Stokoe stuff instantly defaults to me reading it and I wanna read it physically.

Have a bump

A lot of artists for stuff I read that involves monster feel like they were hired for.monsters first.

Monster Hunter Flash Hunter, Voracious, and yeah probably Stokoe too.
Their humans are okay/nothing to complain about and their monsters are often FUCKYEAH I WANT THIS MOUNTED ON MY WALL.

Spoilered for off storytime topic.

I think it's the sense of tension and the visuals really. And dipping into the world if you're a big fan.

You should check out Stravaganza Isai no Hime if you haven't already.

instantly got an Alien Isolation flashback with those 2 pages.

please do more Orc Stain!

I just read those 7 issues this week and holy shit that's some good shit

he said he works on it between other projects
if he worked on it full time he has to go without income for atleast 3 or 4 months

This girl better be wearing nothing but tight pants and a tank top at the end of this or it's no Alien story

All Alien stories have to have a healthy dose of girls in Tank tops

Bump

FINISH ORC STAIN, STOKOE

FINISH IT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Wascylewski
What kind of a name is that anyway. It is neither Polish nor Russian, though it's a bit closer to being the former.

You should check out Stronghold.

It's also Stokoe's first stab at horror. He said his original pitch was much more in line with Aliens

I like Hive, the one where they build a robot xeno to infiltrate a colony

The robot xeno is in Stronghold

I kinnda wish he went with the more action-y pitch.

>nobody storytimed Shaolin Cowboy last week

Probably a Polish name that's changed over the centuries into the future.

You bet I'm gonna support this. My shelves cruelly needs some Stokoe.
I've yet to get the first Orc Stain trade and Godzilla HCW deluxe edition.

Bumping to read later, thanks op

You can read it from the archive, user

Wow that's fucked up.

are you saying bumps aren't good? many Sup Forumsmrades were excited to hear about this book, so keeping the thread active reminds them it came out, and maybe gets a few more views.

I didn't know this was coming out but am wanting to go and buy this on friday.

HA!

Nice story so far.

Thanks, OP.

Bumps are fine, but discussion is more welcome than bumping for bumps sake

I'm poor at the moment. I'll be hoping for a trade. This is gorgeous

I can't discuss it til I've read it, user, and I can't discuss it if it dies before I read it.

>bored space engineers/security guards get distress call/encounter ship/station, enter said ship/station and are picked off one by one by xenomorphs

how about we spice the formula. One of the xenos has learned how to operate basic ship systems, and seems to be trying to keep the crew alive. Weither or not this is for facehugger bait is uncertain.

And since this is Sup Forums, let's add a tidbit. Said xeno has breasts.

First of all leave the breasts out of it. Xeno is dfc. Second of all have the ever showed that much intelligence?

Hive does it too

Ok Sup Forums you're stuck in an spaceship with a xenomorph and a crew of tast humans what do you?

Can I fuck it?

I think Stokoe's art would look better if all his line work wasnt in black

We'll technically yes, because they're fucking you

Why are there so many space stations in this universe and why are they all shiiiiiiit!?

>Somewhere recently there was an Aliens/Predator/Terminator story that re-imagined Earth War.

You mean that series from back in 2000?

Not that user but in a cut ending for the original film the xeno was going to kill Ripley then impersonate Dallas' voice before taking control of the ship's systems.

Where did that thing come from? Does it have something to do with the boiled guy?

>eat the apple
>fuck the corps
Sound philosophy.

ayy lmao

>Implying we'll ever get more Orc Stain

I have it on good authority we're more likely to see Satan rise up from hell and run as governor for California and win multiple terms before we ever see anything else OS related again

>Second of all have the ever showed that much intelligence?

The queen in Aliens could operate elevators, and the captive warriors in Resurrection were actually being trained with a degree of success; then they killed one of their own so they could escape (the acid ate through the cell)..

So yeah, they are definitely very intelligent.

god the entire concept of blind aliens is so dumb when they technically don't have eyes anyway

did nobody in the gearbox boardroom stop to think that it was a dumb idea, rest of the game being bad aside